Best Buy sending out coupon for Gamers Club Unlocked for $60 for 2 years

Looking for a $30 coupon - PM me what you want - can PayPal tonight.

{UPDATED} - Scored one, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
One last question people.

If I let my friend use my card (give him my card number) is it against the rules or will it look fishy if he lives in another state?

Same situation as you buddy. It was a nightmare.
Thought it was just me. Tried to flag a guy down in the gaming section, who told me to go up front. They had no idea what it was and flagged him down again, actually took four people to get it in. Then I tried to buy a skylander and it wouldn't take off automatically, and they said it would take up to 15 days to link to my account, and that they didn't think skylanders were eligible. Went home and skylanders are discounted online in my cart so I have no idea what the big deal was. Not looking forward to fighting for the discount at the register for the next two years, but we'll see.

I still have 1 of the $30 GCU Renewal coupons left and 1 of the $60 GCU Renewals left as well along with a 10% off PS4 accessories coupon. PM me I could use an Amazon gift card or perhaps another one from another store. 

Renewed GCU today using my 2/$30 coupon. The 20% discount on day one was easily enough to convince me but looking at my Reward Zone account I never even thought about those purchase points piling up as well. The $30 renewal alone earned 105 pts so a $48 new release will earn 168pts or about $3.33 credit. (I have the BB RZ credit card so bonus points)

Bye bye Amazon and hello Best Buy! Great deals for a day one whore like me.
Dude where have you been you could`ve re-upped when BB had 5X rz pts. I think there were some using CC that ended up with over 10,000 rz pts then you could either use the pts to pay for GCU or make a system close to half off.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/325562-best-buy-5x-points-on-in-store-purchases-friday-through-saturday-30-off-select-3ds-xl-systems/

Thought it was just me. Tried to flag a guy down in the gaming section, who told me to go up front. They had no idea what it was and flagged him down again, actually took four people to get it in. Then I tried to buy a skylander and it wouldn't take off automatically, and they said it would take up to 15 days to link to my account, and that they didn't think skylanders were eligible. Went home and skylanders are discounted online in my cart so I have no idea what the big deal was. Not looking forward to fighting for the discount at the register for the next two years, but we'll see.
It should automatically take discounts off at the register if you scan your rewards card first. But the renewal coupon says if you want to use the discount immediately, you have to put the items on the same purchase as the renewal cost since it takes a while for their system to update. I guess that coupon is also a 20% off coupon itself.

For those that are selling the physical 2yr/$30 coupons, how you sending them? I have a couple left but don't know how to guarantee it reaches the buyers hands by the 10th.
i sent mine via snail mail and the other forward email since it was a online coupon that needed to be printed out

sorry to spam this here. hey guys please vote +1 over at bestbuy forum for future video game releases to have steelbooks as preorder bonus
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Bring-FutureShop-s-Best-Buy-Subsidiary-Gaming-Steelbook-Program/idi-p/776127
but we need more votes, the bestbuy mods already took notice of the idea. we only have 23 votes right now, we need to get it to atleast 40+ votes for them to consider reviewing this idea please
Isn't it not up to best buy though? Isn't it up to the distributors?

Isn't it not up to best buy though? Isn't it up to the distributors?
it is up to bestbuy in the end, but bestbuy do listen to their customers. you know how the $120 gamers unlocked membership was implemented, and also the gamers magazine coupon to be used online with code, because ENUF was able to get enough people to vote on his idea, for it to pass.

here is the proof:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

I don't WANT more steelbooks.. I find them stupid and useless.  (being totally serious here...)

Why don't you get ACTUAL useful bonuses.... as opposed to shite that collects dust and does nothing for me.  (in fact, I've got SO MANY Blu rays/DVDs they would take up my houses shelves... so I file them in a plastic dust protector and label them and they go into a storage box.  The case, unfortunately, gets thrown out)

Last edited by a moderator:
Id like more steelbooks. Certain games would be awesome.
the idea is to implement a steelbooks preorder bonus for all future gaming releases, thus becoming a norm like futureshop( a canadian based electronics company that is own by bestbuy) that releases steelbooks for almost every single release game.

How did this actually go down? Details please :)
All I did was call some number that was posted in this thread or the $30 dollar thread and told them that I never received the email, didn't specify which. I told them that I was a former GCU member, which I was a part of when they initially launched the program. After a few minutes they guy asked to verify my email and it was sent to me in less than 10 minutes.

the idea is to implement a steelbooks preorder bonus for all future gaming releases, thus becoming a norm like futureshop( a canadian based electronics company that is own by bestbuy) that releases steelbooks for almost every single release game.
... and pass the cost on to the customers because we all know they wouldn't do this out of the kindness of their hearts ... very un-CAG-like.

... and pass the cost on to the customers because we all know they wouldn't do this out of the kindness of their hearts ... very un-CAG-like.
if you hate this idea so much , just put me on your ignore list. it is because this type of thinking, and bias against bestbuy that led to we losing the $20 preorder rewardzone certificate.

I don't WANT more steelbooks.. I find them stupid and useless. (being totally serious here...)

Why don't you get ACTUAL useful bonuses.... as opposed to shite that collects dust and does nothing for me. (in fact, I've got SO MANY Blu rays/DVDs they would take up my houses shelves... so I file them in a plastic dust protector and label them and they go into a storage box. The case, unfortunately, gets thrown out)
Steelboxes & good exclusive DLC is worth $ that`s why us CAG`s do so well with BB. People were selling the DLC for $10-$20 along with getting $20 credit & close to $40 TIV.

Have you seen a retailer like Target, Walmart, BB charge more for a game with a steelbook? They use it as a way to "steal" sales from other retailers.

sorry to spam this here. hey guys please vote +1 over at bestbuy forum for future video game releases to have steelbooks as preorder bonus
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Bring-FutureShop-s-Best-Buy-Subsidiary-Gaming-Steelbook-Program/idi-p/776127
but we need more votes, the bestbuy mods already took notice of the idea. we only have 23 votes right now, we need to get it to atleast 40+ votes for them to consider reviewing this idea please
It`s the 2nd time better DLC(like characters/missions vs costumes) & steelbooks were suggested & only 13 spoke up. Pretty much EVERYTHING people bitch & moan about wanting from BB & GCU has an ideax thread for it. Better coupons, tivs, more coupons with customers choice it`s all there.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/2023?device-view=desktop

if you hate this idea so much , just put me on your ignore list. it is because this type of thinking, and bias against bestbuy that led to we losing the $20 preorder rewardzone certificate.
We didn`t lose the $20 certs b/c of lack of feedback they looked at the % off option & felt it would be a stronger way to overcome Amazon. That combined with people not paying for $5 mags or $15 subs now the only way to get the true benefit is to pay.

If I let my friend use my card (give him my card number) is it against the rules or will it look fishy if he lives in another state?
Is that a serious question? It's obviously against the rules to let your friend use your rewards card. And yes it will look fishy if you're buying games on the same day in different states...

Have your friend PayPal you the money for the game he wants and then you just order it for him online and have it shipped from best buy to his address it that easy

Your logic is flawless.

If he buys it online, can he use store pick up and they'll ask for the credit card id?
Sorry, maybe I'm confused. I assumed, being in this thread, you were asking about your friend using your reward zone ID card and in turn getting 20% off a game? So I was asking can your friend (or even you) buy a game online and just have it shipped to him instead?

Sorry, maybe I'm confused. I assumed, being in this thread, you were asking about your friend using your reward zone ID card and in turn getting 20% off a game? So I was asking can your friend (or even you) buy a game online and just have it shipped to him instead?
I can buy games for myself, yes. As for him. He's probably too impatient to wait til it delivers. But I guess if I'm getting him 20%, he can wait.

I'm sure it's been asked but I'm new to GCU. I went ahead and preordered Titanfall with it being $51 total plus the $10 giftcard, it's a no brainer compared to $64 at gamestop. Even if there's no midnight launch, no big deal as I have to work anyways.

Will I be charged $51 until it ships or is it an initial charge?

Your logic is flawless.

If he buys it online, can he use store pick up and they'll ask for the credit card id?
Actually yes you can I ordered stuff before that was in store only but oos near me but in stock near my sister who lives 1000 miles away I ordered online for instore pickup and it give u the option for someone else to pick it up when you place the order so I put her name and all she needed was the pick up email n her id as the person I sad would pick it up and didn't need credit card at all I done it with other people before if you put down a 2nd name as the pickup person only the 2nd person id is required the credit card is not required unless you pick it up yourself

Actually yes you can I ordered stuff before that was in store only but oos near me but in stock near my sister who lives 1000 miles away I ordered online for instore pickup and it give u the option for someone else to pick it up when you place the order so I put her name and all she needed was the pick up email n her id as the person I sad would pick it up and didn't need credit card at all I done it with other people before if you put down a 2nd name as the pickup person only the 2nd person id is required the credit card is not required unless you pick it up yourself
Thanks a lot man. Looks like this is my new method of purchase.

Yeah. Thanks man. I'm not sharing this with more than two people. And they know the deal.
Sometimes the return/rebuy comes into play especially w/45 days to return a $15-$20 price difference, 20% off that price & tax really changes the game. I use 1 GCU sub just for impulse buys & 1 for "sure things" so that keeps it simple.

Anyone know what the requirements to get this coupon is? I've recently signed up for their Gamer Club, but haven't received any emails yet. Was considering to get Unlocked but don't really want to pay $120.

I wonder how do I renew my subscription? I missed out on the deals for cheaper, so i'll go with the $120 for 2 years. But I bought a game today and on my receipt there was no gamer unlocked savings. Anyone know how to renew from the website? Thanks.

I wonder how do I renew my subscription? I missed out on the deals for cheaper, so i'll go with the $120 for 2 years. But I bought a game today and on my receipt there was no gamer unlocked savings. Anyone know how to renew from the website? Thanks.
there no way to renew or buy a subscription online it all has to be done in store

as i previously posted in another thread, it is over. words from the mods at bestbuy forum

The renewal coupon officially expired on 2/10/2014, and to my knowledge, we have no current plans to extend the expiration date.  There is not much the phone agents could have done to renew your Unlocked membership or provide you with the coupon because it had already expired.  If a member claimed to not have received the coupon when it was still active, then we could request a replacement be emailed.  While the $30 coupon has expired, we do have new coupons and promotional offers from time-to-time, so a discount coupon in the future is a possibility.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/30-00-gamers-club-coupon/td-p/780843

Agreed. I want to use my Paypal account for subscribing, since I do a lot of Ebay business. It is kinda insane that they don't let you subscribe online at all.
Based off the response from the BB mod in the link it seems like the usual BB lack of thinking. Same with when coupons didn`t stack w/sale prices & really long delays getting welcome kits. Took some time but once this issues were brought up they changed.

bread's done
Back