Best Buy Share Elite Status email

i'm still catching up on some of the threads like this one since it wasn't time sensitive.
not everybody is going to charge for the elite privilege transfer. i am actually trying to figure out how I can give these out for free to 3 members that are regularly active and contribute on the board. If I ask for PM's I know I'm just going to get slammed. Still undecided how I'm going to give them out. I would have given you one if you asked but since you're already an Elite Plus it wouldn't have mattered anyhow. I wonder if I should just give them to any mods just by virtue of all the crap they've been having to deal with lately.
Have a contest in the free stuff section of the forum or I can take one from you ;)

Will take PayPal or MS Points (currency now) for my last one. Message me if interested

And charging for this isn't being evil. We are charging minimal cost for something we have spent a lot of money and time on earning. If you give yours away free, that's great. But charging $5 doesn't make you greedy. It's well worth the money anyways, I'd gladly pay for it because I'm a regular at Best Buy.

I have Elite Plus through 2015 (not sure if the plus part tacks on for this promo) and I still have all three of my invites. Amazon/Xbox credit accepted!

Might as well whore my BB thing out. :p

I have 3 slots.  $5 paypal seems to be the going rate, so please PM me if interested.

Still have my 3 for those interested PM! lol just make your offer like I said before. $5 paypal, $5 amazon, etc.. less your feeling generous and want to give more =P

Speaking of generous CAG should have a secret santa >.> boardgamegeek does works well does take a lot of work though hrm...

I know i can't even login to the site to start with, something seems wrong
I'm having the same issue. Last night around 4 AM, I got the share status email from a CAG, and when I tried it, there was an error. Right now, it won't letme log in. I know they aren't related but I'm wondering what the issue is.

i wonder if  it has something to do with the best buy new program. i used an old email i had my  reward zone points link to. I could not get into the site had to call and they had to reset the password.   Maybe that is why i never got the invite cause it was an older account and it was not set up for the  so called  NEW BEST BUY   program or something.  who knows   I may call best buy back up tomorrow and see what is going on  

edit called tonight and they said they are updating their sites  and tons of invites have not been sent yet or  may not  even get processed.   Call again tomorrow    BLAH

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird I am Elite.  I was a bit short on Silver last month and was given Elite.  I haven't gotten the email nor do I see the offer when I log in.  

Anyone else Elite not getting this offer?  Not a huge deal just curious more then anything.

For those requesting invites,

Just so you're aware, Gift Elite memberships will expire on 2/28/14. This is for Elite status only regardless if the person inviting you has Elite Plus.
I'd say that I think we're aware of that but I don't think everyone is so this is probably important to remember.

The main reason I'm interested is the early deals around Black Friday because for health reasons I won't be going out this year. I learned the hard way at SDCC this summer that my days of lining up and sleeping in random places - even for a just a few hours - are behind me. But I also have nothing to offer anyone and since there is no gaurantee there will be any BF deals worthwhile for me I'm not sure why people are so willing to cough up even $5. (Though, I admit, free standard shipping is sweet if you order from BB often.) I'll probably just have to accept my early BF defeat this year and take it gracefully.

Still looking for an invite if  anyone is giving them away free...  best buy messed up my account and last one  got lost   (dont ask how LOL)

Ok so i'm not going to bother posting in the Free section forum because i find too many lurkers clog that place up.

I'm going to offer my 3 invitations to 3 regularly contributing members on here for free. Just PM me your favorite video game series.

I haven't read what the steps are exactly but I'm guessing I just need your email address only so if you get selected, make sure you have the correct email address that is registered to your Best Buy account. You can either be a member that spends a lot of time on the Deals forum or just be a regular in the GGT thread - doesn't matter to me. An exception is that you can't have most of your posts in the Contest/Free sub-forum. Otherwise, you just need to be an active and contributing member of this board. If you have a low post history or haven't participated in weeks don't bother asking me. I'll be checking your post history so the first 3 eligible requests received in order will get my invites. Will PM you back if you got selected to confirm your interest and will get back to you on the details.

Do you love Metal Gear? Can't hurt your chances! Do you like Call of Duty? May hurt your chances! I kid.

1 invite left available as of current edit.

It's pretty disgusting how much CAG has changed over the past few years. I can't believe people are charging or expecting other payment for this. I gave away my slots earlier to fellow CAGs and I would hope everyone else would do the same.
This site has turned into a cesspool of bottom feeders and dwellers, it really doesn't surprise me that people are selling slots. I just learned about this so if any contributing members want any slots I have left after asking friend and family, I'll gladly give them away.

Please don't pm asking for one, just quote this post and I'll get back to you asap.

This site has turned into a cesspool of bottom feeders and dwellers, it really doesn't surprise me that people are selling slots. I just learned about this so if any contributing members want any slots I have left after asking friend and family, I'll gladly give them away.

Please don't pm asking for one, just quote this post and I'll get back to you asap.
I dunno I'm fairly new here so I don't know what it use to be like and I'm not super super frequent. But I don't think it's that bad here. But then again I frequent slickdeals and now that's bad. I mean BAD lol.

I dunno I'm fairly new here so I don't know what it use to be like and I'm not super super frequent. But I don't think it's that bad here. But then again I frequent slickdeals and now that's bad. I mean BAD lol.
Have you ever read the children's book Rainbow Fish? Same concept here. Granted, there are plenty of lurkers who take codes and users who are little more than a general nuisance, but that's inevitable once a site becomes popular enough. Usually though, I only see people call cag a "cesspool" and the like when other users won't give their shit away for free. Mostly a bunch of whiny babies if you ask me.

I know that you guys are discussing bottom feeders and moochers in a way... but I am looking to aquire elite status from someone entering the holidays... hoping there are some good deals and to be able to have early access to black friday... don't really have a ton of money right now to purchase it from someone, but wanted to be able to use it to get some deals on gifts for my family and the kids.  if anyone wants to be nice and gift me a way to achieve elite I would greatly be appreciative and in debt to whoever would do so!  Thanks ahead of time...

Have you ever read the children's book Rainbow Fish? Same concept here. Granted, there are plenty of lurkers who take codes and users who are little more than a general nuisance, but that's inevitable once a site becomes popular enough. Usually though, I only see people call cag a "cesspool" and the like when other users won't give their shit away for free. Mostly a bunch of whiny babies if you ask me.
All of this is true. Like someone said before, this promo has a value. If people are willing to pay let them, but don't get upset when you aren't getting free handouts and others got something for free.

if anyone is still tossing pm me.. first one got lost and 2nd person never  replyed back (dont think they been online since so they might be having a problem getting online)

How did you get signed up for that? I couldn't get my local bestbuy to sign me up. They couldn't get it to work on the computer. I called corporate and they have no idea either. Kinda frustrating.
I printed the GCU renewal form online and renewed in store. It was pretty painless but forgot to ask about the welcome pack coupons at checkout. Thankfully was able to get help with that on the BBY forums.

I got Elite Plus until 2015, and that will likely be pushed back even further. I'd be shocked if I don't have it until 2016 very soon.

I'd be willing to trade an invite or two for some World of Tanks gold (from the gift shop) or better yet some cash in GTA online (xbox 360). I have 2 invites to give away as one will likely be going to a friend.

bread's done
Back