Best Buy Summer of Entertainment Certificates invalid!

emg28

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
I have 2 $10 SoE certificates which expire after 11/01/07. I attempted to use these today and the computer kept on saying that certificates were "invalid". The Cashier suggested i go to customer service. Had the same problem at customer service. A manager tried to ring up my purchase and received the same response. She told me to call the 800 number. :wall:

After waiting for a while, I talked to a cust serv agent. She told me that the certificates were "not good", even though the exp date was 3 days away. She told me that she would resend certificate for $20 and that i would have 3 months to use them. I have previously used a $10 SoE cert with no problem. This smells fishy to me but i will just have to wait and see.
:bs:

Has this happened to anyone else?

[quote name='emg28']I have 2 $10 SoE certificates which expire after 11/01/07. I attempted to use these today and the computer kept on saying that certificates were "invalid". The Cashier suggested i go to customer service. Had the same problem at customer service. A manager tried to ring up my purchase and received the same response. She told me to call the 800 number. :wall:

After waiting for a while, I talked to a cust serv agent. She told me that the certificates were "not good", even though the exp date was 3 days away. She told me that she would resend certificate for $20 and that i would have 3 months to use them. I have previously used a $10 SoE cert with no problem. This smells fishy to me but i will just have to wait and see.
:bs:

Has this happened to anyone else?[/quote]

Yep, I had $50 worth of certificates and they were invalid. I did the same thing and asked the Rep if they would be valid since the expiration was coming soon. She said 90 days after they become available.

due to a fuck up with this program, they converted the SoE points into RZ points and I never got a SoE certificate but instead a RZ 10 dollar coupon which the system took off my 500 points :(

argh

Yeah, those things sucked. But why did u wait so long to try and use them if I may ask? I used all 5 of my 10 dollar certficates within a month and they worked.. mh@_@

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Yeah, those things sucked. But why did u wait so long to try and use them if I may ask? I used all 5 of my 10 dollar certficates within a month and they worked.. mh@_@[/quote]

Maybe there wasn't anything he really wanted until now? It doesn't matter, those certs should be valid until the expiration date.

Check the barcode. My SOE certificate they issued most recently had the same barcode as my RZ membership making it invalid. Very odd. They just resent me another one instead.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Yeah, those things sucked. But why did u wait so long to try and use them if I may ask? I used all 5 of my 10 dollar certficates within a month and they worked.. mh@_@[/quote]

I didn't just want to use the certs, just to use them. There wasn't anything that I really wanted. You can also blame cc's b1g1 1/2 off and tru's b2g1 deals. Regardless, they were supposed to be good through 11/01/07, so i figuered that i should be ok using them on 10/30/07. Never had a problem with bb before this.

That's bullshit, they should just accept them. This should be their problem, not yours. I'd be so fucking pissed if they tried to pull that kind of shit with me.

Ok, got another update for ya. I guess calling 3 times is a charm.

I got a dude named Daniel and he is going to take care of it for me.

Basically what had happened, when I had called the first time the invalid points were voided however the new ones were not reissued. The second time I called I guess they did not know that so they just said wait a few more days.

What Daniel did for me was add the $50 as regular reward zone points. He said they should be available on the 26th.

Just keep calling until you get some action like this. Mildly annoying but, it worked out in the end. I'll let you guys know if I do or don't get them.

It has been 16 days since I first called. It has completely slipped my mind to call them back . I will do so tommorrow and see what they have to say. The woman I spoke to, Nila, told me that I would receive my re-issued certificates in 7-10 days.

bread's done
Back