Best Buy Superman Collectible Bust $0.25 YMMV

shajek

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The Superman and Lex Luthor "Best Buy Exclusive" collectible busts were on a shelf for $0.25 each. The Clark Kent bust was $4.99.

This was at the Best Buy in South Elgin, IL

The cashier was stunned at the price and left the register to pick up a set for her boyfriend.

Cool, I think my BB still has those. Thanx! Hopefully, its not YMMV.
edit. It rang up at that price, right?

[quote name='6669']Cool, I think my BB still has those. Thanx! Hopefully, its not YMMV.
edit. It rang up at that price, right?[/quote]

Get me some! :D

[quote name='Pookymeister']Get me some! :D[/QUOTE]
Are you sure your store doesn't have them? Mine still had them on a display between the DVDs and CDs. I'll have the bf get you one of each (if its not YMMV).

[quote name='Pookymeister']dont remember ever seeing them.[/QUOTE]
Shit, I gotta remember which BB I saw them at now :oops:

[quote name='6669']Cool, I think my BB still has those. Thanx! Hopefully, its not YMMV.
edit. It rang up at that price, right?[/QUOTE]

There was a sign on the shelf with the $0.25 price, each box was tagged at $0.25 and they all rang up at a quarter each.

I picked up three Superman and one Lex Luthor.

I tried to post a picture and found one of the Superman busts with a BIN price of $24.99 on ebay....

Got a few of these. Both Clark Kent and Superman. There was a bigass sign that said .25 Superman figures. The Clark Kent one rang up for $5, but they adjusted it.

I went back after TGIF's an hour for extra for trade, and they put up new signs. Said .25 for Clark Kent and 4.99 for Superman. Fortunately, this was backwards, so i got extra of both for .25 again =]

If anyone gets a Lex Luthor and wants to trade...lemme know.

Went into my BB this afternoon and they were marked at $14.99. I asked one guy to scan them and he asked another guy standing there how much they were and he flat out said "They're correctly marked, they're $14.99" The other guy said "Let's go make sure" and scanned them anyway...25 cents, he smiled and said regarding the other guy "What a tool." LOL, I picked up three.

Checked on the site and they said that they have some available....

Ill hopefully head out tomorrow and take a look....Ill pick up multiples for a quarter each.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Got a few of these. Both Clark Kent and Superman. There was a bigass sign that said .25 Superman figures. The Clark Kent one rang up for $5, but they adjusted it.

I went back after TGIF's an hour for extra for trade, and they put up new signs. Said .25 for Clark Kent and 4.99 for Superman. Fortunately, this was backwards, so i got extra of both for .25 again =]

If anyone gets a Lex Luthor and wants to trade...lemme know.[/QUOTE]
PM sent!

Damn, none at my store..thanks anyway cags...

Wait... lex might be at my store! anyone willing to trade a superman if I find more than one rex?

I knew I should of never bumped this thread...it gets posted on SD/FW RIGHT AFTER!

[quote name='purduealum91']Is there an online link for the other figurines?[/QUOTE]

Just search for superman figure they are all there. .25 for Lex and Sup, 4.99 for Clark.

[quote name='chakan']Someone leaked this to SD, frontpage.[/quote]

Shit, I better get to my BB quick. I knew it was posted last night, but now its on the front page...I HATE THEM!

[quote name='lawdood']Watch how many hit ebay now. lol[/quote]

They weren't really selling before the drop though, so should be fun for them.

Yeah buying this for a profit would be retarded, went to BB and they had an entire shelf full of them, might change once they put up a sign though with the correct price

[quote name='coolsteel']Yeah buying this for a profit would be retarded, went to BB and they had an entire shelf full of them, might change once they put up a sign though with the correct price[/quote]

Just make sure you print out both BEST BUY pages before they disappear from the site so that way if they do change the price you can hopefully have a price match.

I got a few extras, so if anyone wants one, LMK. I'd rather use them as trade incentives while trying to acquire more strategy guides though.

I just bought 4 , 2 for me , the other 2 for 2 different friends .
There's 2 Clark Kents left . I'll wait for those to go down .

I didnt go but my Uncle went and said everyone was clueless about the price thing.

He brought home one Superman back but I might just go back tomorrow and pick up 2 more....cant beat this price!

I got the last one (LL) at my local BB. wish I woulda known bout this when I was there earlier last week, they had a crap ton of em but I didnt even bother to look at the price

[quote name='mehunglo']My Best Buy is using same sku for all 3, .25. It looks like they had about 100.[/QUOTE]

I had mine scan the Clark , it came up the "correct" price of $4.99 .

shit, Sterling, VA has 20 of them but they ring up 4.99!!! The online web site has been updated too :( fuck!
I had to go to two different employees because the asian guy in the media center DID NOT WANT TO look for them in the back nor check the computer for more of them. Prick.

oh well I hate busts anyways, it would have been a nice cheap gift for my nephew or friend down in FL.

[quote name='ITDEFX']shit, Sterling, VA has 20 of them but they ring up 4.99!!! The online web site has been updated too :( fuck!
I had to go to two different employees because the asian guy in the media center DID NOT WANT TO look for them in the back nor check the computer for more of them. Prick.

oh well I hate busts anyways, it would have been a nice cheap gift for my nephew or friend down in FL.[/QUOTE]
Only Clark Kent is supposed to be $4.99. Did you try the others?

[quote name='6669']Only Clark Kent is supposed to be $4.99. Did you try the others?[/QUOTE]

The second guy I went to check the back and all they had was Clark Kent :whistle2:( Now at the CS area I saw another box and asked if I could buy it and the CSR said no, that's an online pick up order :whistle2:(

bah.

[quote name='ITDEFX']The second guy I went to check the back and all they had was Clark Kent :whistle2:( Now at the CS area I saw another box and asked if I could buy it and the CSR said no, that's an online pick up order :whistle2:(

bah.[/QUOTE]
Damn, sounds like other people beat you to it :whistle2:( That explains why there's only Clark's left.

[quote name='6669']Damn, sounds like other people beat you to it :whistle2:( That explains why there's only Clark's left.[/QUOTE]

Oh well , it wasn't like 25 cents clearance games anyways :p

If anyone got extras of superman and lex would they be willing to send it out for price + shipping? I checked out my best buy but they didn't have any.

Wow.....they just lowered the price on clark to 99 cents online!

But they increased the Lex and Supes up to 99 cents....

[quote name='JokerCard']Wow.....they just lowered the price on clark to 99 cents online!

But they increased the Lex and Supes up to 99 cents....[/QUOTE]

Good thing I got to best buy yesterday for the superman and lex busts, very tempted to grab one of the clark just to complete the set

bread's done
Back