Best Buy / Target DVD / CD Prices - 02/08/09 to 02/14/09

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
This is pulled from the copies of the ads I received with my Sunday newspaper this morning.

BEST BUY

BluRay:
Underworld - $19.99
Rocky Balboa - $19.99
Boondock Saints - $24.99
Amadeus - $29.99
Madagascar 2 - Escape To Africa - $25.99
Failure To Launch - $14.99
Ghost - $14.99
Unfaithful - $19.99
The Devil Wears Prada - $19.99
Vicky Cristina Barcelona - $19.99
The Love Guru - $19.99
27 Dresses - $24.99
Made Of Honor - $24.99

New Releases - Coming Feb 10th
Nights In Rodanthe - $16.99 (DVD) / $29.99 (BR)
W. - $19.99 (DVD) / $29.99 (BR)
Soul Men - $19.99 (DVD) / $29.99 (BR)
Friday The 13th - The Series, Season 2 - $34.99
Dragonball Z - Season 8 - $29.99
WWE - The Best Of Saturday Night Main Event - $19.99
Tim & Eric's Awesome Show - Season 1 @ $9.99, Season 2 @ $14.99

Free Exclusive Curious George Plush when you buy either of these Curious George Movies:
Curious George - Monkey Collection Vol 1 (32 shows) - $32.99
Curious George - Robot Monkey and More Great Gadgets - $12.99

Free $10 GC with purchase of any version of Miracle At St. Anna and Blindness:
Blindness - $19.99 (DVD)
Miracle At St. Anna - $19.99 (DVD) / $29.99 (BR)

DVD:
Free penguin plush w/purchase of Double DVD pack or Blu-Ray
Madagascar 2 - Escape To Africa - $15.99
Madagascar 2 Double DVD pack - Escape To Africa / The Penguins of Madagascar - $19.99
Madagascar 2 - Escape To Africa - $25.99

DVD TV sets:
Sex And The City - Seasons 1 to 6.2 - $14.99 each
Terminator - TSCC - $19.99
Heroes - Season 2 - $19.99
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - Season 3 - $19.99
30 Rock - Seaqson 2 - $19.99
Smallville - Seasons 1 to 7 (DVD) - $24.99 ea. / Season 6 & 7 (BR) - $34.99 ea.
Gossip Girl - Season 1 - $24.99
The Office - Season 4 - $26.99
House - Season 4 - $26.99
John Adams - The Complete HBO Series - $39.99
Planet Earth - The Complete Series - $49.99 (DVD) / $59.99 (BR)
Band Of Brothers - The Complete HBO Series - $49.99 (DVD) / $64.99 (BR)

Say Anything
Failure To Launch
Pretty In Pink
The Lake House
Hitch
When Harry Met Sally
Notting Hill
Tristan and Isolde
The Princess Bride
What Women Want
You've Got Mail
Rumor Has It

30% off select Paramount Movies
(Eagle Eye (DVD) and Iron Man (DVD) pictures)
See over 2000 DVD and Blu-Ray titles online at BestBuy.com/DVDsale

CD's:
[quote name='New Releases']
Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You - $9.99
Bobby Valentine - The Rebirth - $9.99
The Lonely Island (CD/DVD) - Incredibad - Features Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone and AKiva Schaffer from SNL - $9.99
Indie.Arie - Testimony: Vol. 2, Love & Politics - $9.99
Red (CD/DVD) - Innocence and Instinct Deluxe Edition (includes 4 bonus songs) - $9.99 (standard edition - $7.99)
The Beatles - All Together Now DVD shows the making of the show LOVE (only available at Best Buy) - $14.99[/quote]

Robert Plant & Allison Graud - Raising Sand
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Ne-Yo - Year Of The Gentleman
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III
Adele - 19
Jazmine Sullivan - Fearless
George Strait - Troubadour
Estelle - Shine
Jennifer Hudson - Jennifer Hudson
Duffy - Rockferry
Rhianna - Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded (also available - The Remixes)
Katy Perry - One Of The Boys
Raphael Saadiq - The Way I See It
Kings Of Leon - Only By The Night

$11.99 CD's] Jason Mraz - We Sing said:
Target[/B]

DVD's:
P.S. I Love You - $10 (and other selected DVD's)
Madagascar 2 - $15.99 (exclusive 2-disc Deluxe Edition w/Dreamworks music CD)
Madagascar 2 Double DVD pack - Escape To Africa / The Penguins of Madagascar - $22.99
Madagascar 2 Double DVD pack - Escape To Africa / The Penguins of Madagascar - Gift Set - $29.99

New Releases - In Store Feb 10th:
Soul Men - $19.99
Nights In Rodanthe - $16.99 (DVD) / $26.99 (BR)
W. - $19.99 (DVD) / $29.99 (BR)

CD's:
$11.98 CD's said:
Ne-Yo - Year Of The Gentleman
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III
Adele - 19
George Strait - Troubadour
Rhianna - Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded
Grammy Nominees 2009 - Various artists including Lil Wayne, Coldplay and more
Metallilca - Death Magnetic
Leona Lewis - Spirit

Indie.Arie - Testimony: Vol. 2, Love & Politics - $9.99 / Exclusive CD/DVD - $13.98
Bobby Valentine - The Rebirth - $9.98

Last edited by a moderator:
Much appreciated, Shrike. Don't get the Sunday paper, so this info is always useful. Also much faster than going to each site and waiting for the circulars to load.

[quote name='bdw418']Much appreciated, Shrike. Don't get the Sunday paper, so this info is always useful. Also much faster than going to each site and waiting for the circulars to load.[/quote]I'd worked it out with my delivery carrier at my current place and my previous place to get me the ad circulars on Saturday, so I always had them a day in advance. Backup plan if the ads don't get posted here.

[quote name='Rafael122']Thanks man.

Is the Eagle Eye at Best Buy priced at $19.99 now? So just take off 30% off that then I'm assuming?[/quote]Starting tomorrow should be when it's cheaper.

Thanks Shrike... Tempted by Vicky Christina Barcelona although it seems like it's been fairly cheap to begin with a lot of places so I'm wondering if it'll be $15 or less somewhere in the not too distant future..

Many thanks, shrike. Looks like I may pick up Boondock Saints on Blu-Ray. Haven't seen that movie in a long time actually.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd worked it out with my delivery carrier at my current place and my previous place to get me the ad circulars on Saturday, so I always had them a day in advance. Backup plan if the ads don't get posted here.[/quote]

Plus the Sunday early Metro edition of the Post-Dispatch is in retail stores on Saturday so I can backup Shrike if something happens/he's on vacation/etc.

Thankz Shrike. Might pick up DBZ Season 8. Good price. Might have to see about that Paramount sale and see what I might get. Thankz

[quote name='MSUHitman']Plus the Sunday early Metro edition of the Post-Dispatch is in retail stores on Saturday so I can backup Shrike if something happens/he's on vacation/etc.[/quote]Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Good to know if I don't get my paper for some reason on Saturday.

Thanks shrike.

Hrmm, I got one of those Target print-out coupons a few weeks back that's $5 off of an BR. I was hoping they'd run something on sale before it expires (at the end of the month) that would be worth using it on, but it doesn't look like they run sales on BR's. :whistle2:(

I would get underworld on BD for 20 bucks but I'm down to 100 bucks for the week and that has to pay for food and gas for work.

Vicky Christina Barcelona $19.99. No first-week sale price but $10 off about a week later? Weird, but sign me up!

I was getting tired of asking for it at Blockbuster (where I have some credit to spend). Whenever I say foreign words, I tend jump into an accent, so it sounds like I'm saying "bicky crestina barthelona," and I think I may have given the clerks the impression that I have a very selective lisp.

Thanks shrike!

hmmm... I saw on G4 Lily Allen's album is going to be 4 bucks everywhere the first week of release.

I'll have to poke around.

Nothing in the weekly about the DVD release of "Tales from the Darkside" (due on the 10th)? According to the website it should be on sale for $25.99 (online at least). Incidentally, and can't seem to view the "weekly ad" online...

w00t, Tim and Eric Season 2 ftw!
Picking that up for sure today

Might also grab a copy of Planet Earth on DVD
Been wanting it for awhile, cool that it's on sale :)

Thanks Shrike!

For those trying to get the Eagle Eye or Iron Man for $14, you guys are better off getting it online and do in-store pick up. I spent half an hour with the customer service at my local Best Buy b/c Eagle Eye still rang up at $19.99 instead of $13.99.

Also, the 30% off Paramount DVDs does not affect movies such as Eagle Eye or Iron Man even though that saying in the ad is right on top of those two DVDs. They put it in a very bad spot. Eagle Eye was done by Dreamworks, not Paramount, and it wasn't until I told them that it was $13.99 at the website did they price match it. I was getting to a point where I was just going to leave.

Just a heads up.

bread's done
Back