Best Buy Trade-in 5.0 - see FAQ in OP!

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just seemed like a good time for a new thread. You can view the previous thread here!

THIS THREAD OP WILL NOT BE ACTIVELY UPDATED WITH NEW PROMOS - THIS IS PRIMARILY AN FAQ.

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!

Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers, and it definitely does stack despite what some employees will say.

Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Flip discussion is allowed on CAG, but begging for list of games to flip is not only obnoxious but doesn't help the community in any way; don't be surprised if some users are only interested in trading information with other users who regularly contribute to the thread.

General video game promotions link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17093&type=page (Promotions are listed at the bottom of the page)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE & VALUE ESTIMATOR

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades may be done in the Gaming Dept or at customer service depending on the store.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the **% bonus TIV work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150.

How does the 10% Gamers Club Unlocked bonus work?
The 10% bonus for Gamers Club Unlocked members is calculated from the base trade in value. So in the above example, a $100 trade would get an extra $10 with the GCU membership bonus. So if there was a 50% trade in bonus it would be $100 base, $10 Gamers Club Unlocked bonus and $50 TIV bonus for a grand total of $160. 

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership (should being the key word). The program has undergone some serious changes in the last couple of months. The program now cost $120  for two years and comes with a subscription of @Gamer magazine until May 2014 (which typically has a couple of great coupons every month). It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins, 20% off new games and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your My Best Buy membership. Current GCU members have been upgraded to the new program for no extra charge and should have received a coupon to extend their membership for an additional 2 years at a cost of $30 ($15 a year). Members who had their subscription run out within a couple months of November 2013 will also get this coupon. 

I can't find the pamphlet or barcode to sign up for GCU!

Employees by and large seem ignorant of the program and probably won't be much help so here is what you need to do. There may be pamphlets around various areas of the store and if you can not find that try the touch kiosk. 

I didn't get my 10% bonus or the employee said it doesn't stack, what gives?
As of September 2012 the trade in system at Best Buy was updated, and employees seem to be having a hard time making sure that they add the GCU bonus. It should be added immediately after they scan your games, and before they take your personal information. You also should always try to know your full trade in value with bonuses before going to the store so that if the price is different you can identify it immediately. The 10% bonus definitely does stack with any TIV promo (100%, 50%, it doesn't matter). All the Gamers Club Unlocked pamphlets say so, as does the website, and are a great place to point to if an employee or a manager tells you otherwise.

For a full break down of when and how to help make sure your 10% was applied look in the spoiler.

How to get your 10% bonus

For some reason this is incredibly difficult for employees to get right. Following this process should work, but there is no accounting for the occasional very-bad-at-their-job employee.  

The 10% requires that they add your member information at a very specific point. The best way to describe it is that it must be entered along with your games, as it is on the same page. So immediately after they enter your games, but before navigating to the next page on their computer, the Best Buy employee has to enter your information, typically using your phone number, to find your account. It is on the same page as all of the games and if they are asking for your ID it is too late!  The big problem is that the next page also looking up your member information, but in a brilliant move of programming on Best Buy's part, it will not apply the membership bonus at this stage. An easy way to see if the bonus has been applied is to ask for the trade in total at this point as well, as the 10% (and any other bonuses) would already be applied; so if the numbers are off you know they need to go back a page and enter the information. Otherwise, that being done, it should work just fine.

Things to know/help you make sure the bonus is applied:

• Always know your trade total, including bonuses, before going in. This will help you catch issues.
  • Hold onto your ID until they ask for it, that way you know that they are on that page. Before handing them the ID is a great time to ask them what the total was if they haven't already told you because you can still catch the issue now. 
  • Be polite and helpful. Try to not get frustrated if they didn't enter the information at first, and politely mention that last time you had this issue the employee had to go back a page. In the event the issue isn't being resolved it never hurts to ask if maybe someone from gaming could help.  MOST employees will be friendly and work with you. 
  • Lastly, be persistent. Some employees will take it personally when you try to help, some will just be difficult because lets face it, retail jobs suck and you're probably the 900th person to ask them for something today. Giving up though not only makes you lose out on the 10% bonus, and the Reward Zone points (as well as credit towards your Elite Plus status), all it does is make sure the employee doesn't know what they are doing for the next customer either.  You paid for the bonus, make sure you get it. 

Do we get MyBestBuy (Reward Zone) points for trade-ins??
Yes. You get one point for every pre-bonus dollar traded in. So if your TIV was $100 before bonuses, you get 100 Reward Zone points. Gamers Club Unlocked members (and possibly standard Gamers Club members) get double points for everything gaming, including trade-ins. So in the same example you would wind up with 200 Reward Zone points. To get Reward Zone points you must have them include your Reward Zone membership information (easiest to look up by phone number) with your trade-in (this is required for the Gamers Club Unlocked bonus anyway).

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. Some states, or even localities (county, city, etc.) may not allow the sale of Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone/Android app is way off, why?
The app often sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it if you don't have to.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case (as in, it is possible that has never been the case). When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

How come the GOTY/complete version doesn't show up in the estimator?
Best Buy doesn't differentiate between the vanilla and GOTY/complete versions of a game 99% of the time. This is largely a cover-all policy due to the fact that many GOTY editions include the game's DLC and bonus content as one-time use codes; meaning that the game has no extra value on the 2nd hand market and honestly, Best Buy probably doesn't trust their employees to make sure all the extra content is included. So no extra TIV for your GOTY games. The plus side is that GOTY and vanilla versions sell at the same price, so if the DLC is located on disc and you find a GOTY version in-store it will be the same price as the vanilla one.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but updates can and do happen at any time. Sometimes an update will happen at an atypical time, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as). Again, the item MUST BE RECEIVED within 14 days. It is not enough to simply ship it within the 14 day time period (like Amazon). Be mindful of this if you are trying to trade in a game that you are waiting to ship/arrive from an online store. If you miss the receiving deadline and then complain about it in the thread you will probably be made fun of. You have been warned.

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No. Online and in-store are completely separate in every way but their base trade in values.

Do I get the XX% bonus or my 10% GCU bonus when trading online?

No. All bonuses, including GCU member bonus only work in-store.  The value listed on the website is the value you will receive, nothing more.

How do I get my giftcard for online trades?

Online trades will receive a E-Giftcard.  E-Giftcards can be printed and used in store, you can also go in store and ask a cashier to "transfer" it to a real giftcard, i.e. buy a real giftcard with the E-Giftcard funds if you wish. Apparently the online system states they will mail a giftcard but this is not accurate. 

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy recently changed their policy on this then changed it back. You can trade up to 3 copies of a title per platform. The system will not automatically stop you from trading in more than 3 copies of a game, some have done so frequently without issue but many others have been banned for trading over the limit in the past so it is not recommended if you wish to keep Best Buy as a trade in option in the future. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk. If you regularly re-buy games at lower prices and trade in a lot it may be wise to keep track of all that you trade in.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually. Yes, this also applies to DS, 3DS, PSP, etc. If you have the manual and artwork you should trade it in though anyway to improve the quality of the selection for people who may want to buy the game in the future (you can't know if the game will be complete when you buy online for example).

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only. Employees have gotten much better about knowing this policy though, and busier stores are more likely to have employees that have done more trade ins and know the rules.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but some stores apparently accept consoles as well. Call ahead before bringing it in. That said, the TIV for most hardware is lower than competitors.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or even city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll need a government issued ID (passport, drivers license, military ID, etc.).

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF? 
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return. You might even be flat out denied by the employee or manager despite the official rule. It is their right to do so.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracked on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

Remember, all trades are technically at the discretion of Best Buy and they can refuse to accept a game for whatever reason they want (outside of you being black, woman, Jewish, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got off the phone with customer service and they're sending me out a $10 gift card to cover the difference. I probably sounded greedy when I asked if my bonus points would still show up so I didn't push it when the rep kind of laughed and said "Well, you will get the gift card but call back if you have any more issues." :D
I'm glad they took care of that for you but there is still something to be said about calling a manager at the store and politely explaining to them that the person who's job it is to know the information didn't know it and you had to contact corporate to get what you should have gotten in the store. I mean it when I say be polite, explain that it wasn't a huge issue, but obviously there is a training issue that should be addressed.

Angry Birds Star Wars PS3 and 360 are decent flips. $9.99 at Amazon. $8 TIV before bonuses. Also if you bought those cheap Kirbys Dream Collections awhile back they are $8 also before bonuses.

Nice time to xfer GS credit using the BDay coupon

[customspoiler='10 and > TIVS']
ASSASSIN'S CREED IV BLACK FLAG XBOX ONE 22.50
Battlefield 4 XBOX ONE 22.50
Call of Duty: Ghosts XBOX ONE 22.50
Dead Rising 3 XBOX ONE 22.50
FIFA 14 XBOX ONE 22.50
Fighter Within XBOX ONE 22.50
Forza 5 XBOX ONE 22.50
Madden NFL 25 XBOX ONE 22.50
NBA 2K14 XBOX ONE 22.50
Need For Speed Rivals XBOX ONE 22.50
Ryse: Son of Rome XBOX ONE 22.50
The LEGO Movie Videogame XBOX ONE 22.50
Thief XBOX ONE 22.50
Tomb Raider XBOX ONE 22.50
SOUTH PARK:THE STICK OF TRUTH PLAYSTATION 3 20.00
SOUTH PARK:THE STICK OF TRUTH XBOX 360 20.00
Thief PLAYSTATION 4 20.00
assassin's creed iv black flag PLAYSTATION 4 19.00
Fifa 14 PLAYSTATION 4 19.00
NBA 2K14 PLAYSTATION 4 19.00
PS4-The lego movie videogame PLAYSTATION 4 19.00
Thief PLAYSTATION 3 19.00
Thief XBOX 360 19.00
battlefield 4 PLAYSTATION 4 18.00
Madden NFL 25 PLAYSTATION 4 18.00
Need for Speed Rivals PLAYSTATION 4 18.00
Tomb Raider PLAYSTATION 4 18.00
X360-Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z XBOX 360 17.00
Dragon Ball Z Battle Of Z PLAYSTATION 3 17.00
Grand Theft Auto V PLAYSTATION 3 17.00
Grand Theft Auto V XBOX 360 17.00
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII PLAYSTATION 3 17.00
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII XBOX 360 17.00
NBA 2K14 PLAYSTATION 3 17.00
NBA 2K14 XBOX 360 17.00
Call of Duty: Ghosts PLAYSTATION 4 15.00
FIFA 14 PLAYSTATION 3 15.00
Fifa 14 XBOX 360 15.00
Super Mario 3D World NINTENDO WII-U 15.00
X360-Nascar '14 XBOX 360 14.00
X360-The Lego Movie Videogame XBOX 360 14.00
angry birds star wars PLAYSTATION 4 14.00
Angry Birds Star Wars XBOX ONE 14.00
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical F NINTENDO WII-U 14.00
Injustice: Gods Among Us PLAYSTATION 4 14.00
Just Dance 2014 PLAYSTATION 4 14.00
Just Dance 2014 XBOX ONE 14.00
Lego Marvel Super Heroes PLAYSTATION 4 14.00
Lego Marvel Super Heroes XBOX ONE 14.00
Need For Speed Rivals PLAYSTATION 3 14.00
NHL 14 PLAYSTATION 3 14.00
NHL 14 XBOX 360 14.00
The Lego Movie Videogame NINTENDO WII-U 14.00
PS3-The Lego Movie Videogame PLAYSTATION 3 14.00
Zumba Fitness World Party XBOX ONE 14.00
WIIU-Angry Birds Star Wars NINTENDO WII-U 12.00
Call of Duty: Ghosts NINTENDO WII-U 12.00
Castlevania Los 2 XBOX 360 12.00
Fable Anniversary XBOX 360 12.00
PS3-Gran Turismo 6 PLAYSTATION 3 12.00
Lego Marvel Super Heroes NINTENDO WII-U 12.00
Lego Marvel Super Heroes PLAYSTATION 3 12.00
Lego Marvel Super Heroes XBOX 360 12.00
Madden NFL 25 PLAYSTATION 3 12.00
Madden NFL 25 XBOX 360 12.00
Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare XBOX ONE 12.00
Ps4-Rayman Legends PLAYSTATION 4 12.00
Rayman Legends XBOX ONE 12.00
Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles PLAYSTATION 3 12.00
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker NINTENDO WII-U 12.00
WWE 2K14 PLAYSTATION 3 12.00
WWE 2K14 XBOX 360 12.00
Knack PLAYSTATION 4 11.00
Ncaa Football 14 PLAYSTATION 3 11.00
Ncaa Football 14 XBOX 360 11.00
Professor Layton And The Azran Legacy NINTENDO 3DS 11.00
WIIU-SONIC LOST WORLD NINTENDO WII-U 11.00
X360-Deadfall Adventures XBOX 360 10.00
X360-XCOM ENEMY WITHIN XBOX 360 10.00
Arcania: Gothic 4 PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Batman: Arkham Origins PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Batman: Arkham Origins XBOX 360 10.00
Battlefield 4 PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Battlefield 4 XBOX 360 10.00
WIIU-BEN 10 OMNIVERSE 2 NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
Call of Duty: Ghosts PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Call of Duty: GHosts XBOX 360 10.00
CASTLEVANIA: LORDS OF SHADOW 2 PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
CASTLEVANIA: LORDS OF SHADOW 2 XBOX 360 10.00
Combat Wings: The Great Battles XBOX 360 10.00
Combat Wings: The Great Battles of WWII PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Crazy Lanes Bowling PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Daly's Pro Stroke Golf XBOX 360 10.00
Deep Black PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Deep Black XBOX 360 10.00
Demonicon The Dark Eye PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Demonicon The Dark Eye XBOX 360 10.00
Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Diablo III PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Diablo III XBOX 360 10.00
Disney Planes NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
PS3-Earth Defense Force 2025 PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Frontlines: Fuel of War PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Greg Hastings Paintball 2 PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Hasbro Family Game Night Fun Pack XBOX 360 10.00
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Just Dance 2014 PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Just Dance 2014 XBOX 360 10.00
Killzone Shadow Fall PLAYSTATION 4 10.00
Lego City: Undercover NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
WIIU-Mario & Sonic Sochi 2014 Olympic NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
Monster High: 13 Wishes NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
MUD-FIM Mottocros World Champion XBOX 360 10.00
Pikmin 3 NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
Rabbids Land NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
Rayman Legends NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
Resident Evil Revelations NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comic NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
3DS-Sonic Lost World NINTENDO 3DS 10.00
Superstars V8 Next Challenge PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
The Last Guardian PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
The Last Of Us PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds NINTENDO 3DS 10.00
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
Winter Sports 3 PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
Winter Sports 3 XBOX 360 10.00
Wipeout: Create and Crash NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
Wonderful LIfe 101 NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
WRC 2 XBOX 360 10.00
WRC FIA World Rally Championship PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
xcom enemy within PLAYSTATION 3 10.00
PO Young Justice: Legacy NINTENDO WII-U 10.00
[/customspoiler]

I'm glad they took care of that for you but there is still something to be said about calling a manager at the store and politely explaining to them that the person who's job it is to know the information didn't know it and you had to contact corporate to get what you should have gotten in the store. I mean it when I say be polite, explain that it wasn't a huge issue, but obviously there is a training issue that should be addressed.
That makes sense but I feel it was at least half my fault for not fully knowing the program details and pressing a bit more when she presented the bad information to me. She wasn't rude so I'd rather not have somebody "get a talking to" unless there was a major issue with their behavior. That's probably not helping the next guy but at least it sets my mind more at ease. :D

Is there any truth to this? Can anyone else confirm?

Also, usually how a POS system works is they have to make the price adjustment on the backend and it usually takes a day to feed into the system. At least from my experience. For anyone trading in Fighter Within I would make sure you do it today. Because if anything, they adjusted the price on the backend and by tomorrow morning the price will be adjusted. Just saying!
Not lying or trying to fear monger. Just saying what happened to me an hour ago. I thought it must be them adjusting prices or something. I am not trading in any Xbox One titles, so I don't care too much, just they have some good values for games I am no longer playing and I am also GCU member, so I would make an extra $6 after my 6 games. They were confused and told me they did not know when it would be back up and running again. I also thought it might just be the store I went to, but who knows. Might try later tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: Looks like it might have just been my store or it is back up. I just called my store and it is still down, so this is a store issue, not a company issue.

I completed a trade at 3:30pm CST. Got $180 for 2x CoD Ghosts, 1x Fighter Within, 1x Battlefield 4

Good looking out, whoever posted about the $45 towards Titanfall.

So far traded in 1 of my fighters within for 47.25 after GCU no problem.(5:12 central ) Now for other one

second at 5:41 for 47.25.

Thanks to whoever brought that trade up

I forgot to calculate the total of my trade-ins after GCU and after checking my print out when I got him, I noticed that I didn't get the 10% bonus. I called the corporate number and the rep says he's escalating the issue and will send me the difference of what I should have gotten in 2-3 business days. I also forgot to mention that I need to get points for the transaction too, so I sent an email for that. Hopefully it gets taken care of because it took me a while to get through the phone tree when I called.

Had no issues PM'ing Fighter at Target, and zero issues getting my trade in to BB. $26 -> $47.50 after bonuses.

Paid off Titanfall as well. Pretty good deal considering the flip and the $10 reward cert.

Traded in 2 X1 Ghosts a little while ago and the 100% bonus didn't apply. Had to have the cashier cancel the trade and redo it, worked the second time.

Traded in 2 X1 Ghosts a little while ago and the 100% bonus didn't apply. Had to have the cashier cancel the trade and redo it, worked the second time.

Picked up Fighter Within this morning and flipped for 47.50 and preordered Titanfall for $48 + $10GC. So after taxes Titanfall for about $28 out of pocket with $10GC.

is it too late or can i get the 18 dollars lost since i traded COD Ghosts in earlier last week for this game?  Received 27 for it. 

Thanks

lol. No you can't get any more money AFTER you traded it in unless they botched the trade in and you request the difference that day.

Even if they botch the trade in it is YOUR responsibility as once you sign, you are agreeing to give them your games for whatever price is on that paper. CS can help, but that is up to them.

Took the time to try today and still banned from BBY.

Ugh $47 is a freakin good trade for RYSE but I still kinda wanna keep it. Mic that with the fact that I'd owe less than $5 for titanfall with GCU. At this point I paid $25 out of pocket at GS plus I'll be trading in the awful Killzone for $30. I dunno what to do at this point. I could get it at midnight at GS or tomorrow at BBY..
I'd trade Ryse in to BBY because you'll never get anywhere near that much later on. I'm no expert on Microsoft's tendencies for price drops or sales, but I could see Ryse going for $30-$40 MSRP in a couple of months.
Exactly, unless you're actively playing it why keep it? You'll see it for cheap sooner than later if you really are so into those weird breast physics that you want it in your permanent collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD1Z2kem3vI

Ordered fighter within, went to Walmart and picked up a copy. Traded that one in to BBY along with RYSE and got $94.50. Paid off titanfall and picked up PvZ GW and star fox 64 DS as well. I'll be picking up my titanfall preorder tonight at midnight at GS, but save my receipt. Tomorrow I'll take BBY's back and swap for DS2.

Ordered fighter within, went to Walmart and picked up a copy. Traded that one in to BBY along with RYSE and got $94.50. Paid off titanfall and picked up PvZ GW and star fox 64 DS as well. I'll be picking up my titanfall preorder tonight at midnight at GS, but save my receipt. Tomorrow I'll take BBY's back and swap for DS2.
Why even buy it at BB if you are just going to return it? You're going to give up the $10 cert? Would be better just to get DS2 at GS instead....

I got a good feeling that the Fighter Within TIV will be lower tomorrow. TIV listed on BBY website says $20.00, but when you click on the link it still says $22.50. I guess we will have to wait and see.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/fighter-within-xbox-one/1781063.p?id=1219063710538&skuId=1781063&st=within&lp=1&cp=1
Shows $22.50 to me in multiple places. It does look like they might have removed it from the Titanfall promo list though so it could drop.

With GTA V coming to the PS4 soon I decided to trade it in. I also got rid of Rivals.

Took the time to try today and still banned from BBY.

Exactly, unless you're actively playing it why keep it? You'll see it for cheap sooner than later if you really are so into those weird breast physics that you want it in your permanent collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD1Z2kem3vI
Damn, those boob physics look terrible. GOW boobies FTW!. :p

How much is it at walmart? I check walmart.com and it say 59.99

Not many BB opportunities present themselves like today. Traded my two Fighter Within games I got from Amazon plus the 2 Ghosts I got from Target using pm and cartwheel coupon. Like everyone else posted, I used my b2g1 at Best Buy and also got 10% off twice.

Not many BB opportunities present themselves like today. Traded my two Fighter Within games I got from Amazon plus the 2 Ghosts I got from Target using pm and cartwheel coupon. Like everyone else posted, I used my b2g1 at Best Buy and also got 10% off twice.
Oh man, I forgot about that coupon!!!

What was the order in which the cashier scanned everything? Games first, then your BBY card/info, then the B2G1 coupon?

They send it to your email after you sign up/renew your gcu. There's also a 10% off $15 or less digital game coupon and a 50% off any strategy guide. The email says "Welcome to My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked"
Oh, that. I got that a while back when they were running the B2G1 without coupons so it became useless and it expired. If I renew tomorrow, I'll probably get it when there's another B2G1 sale.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I don't know the answer to this: Now that BBY switched the trade-in limit to 3 copies, is that per platform or title? I traded in a :360: copy of Ghosts back in November and two :xb1: copies yesterday, so if that's it for me, I want to know before attempting to trade in one more :xb1: copy tomorrow.

bread's done
Back