Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tears2040']Nba 2k12 I don't see a trade in value for Best Buy? I just got it as a gift and you cannot even play online because the system is not working. Thinking about trading it in for RAGE.[/QUOTE]

You can call best buy and ask for the value, I think that's what someone did for Xmen destiny

[quote name='Cysquatch']You can call best buy and ask for the value, I think that's what someone did for Xmen destiny[/QUOTE]

If it isn't on the site than 99% likelihood they don't have it in their system. Odds are it'll pop up on Tuesday when they do their big update. X-men Destiny was a week or so behind before they started taking it, Gunstringer took nearly 3.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']If it isn't on the site than 99% likelihood they don't have it in their system. Odds are it'll pop up on Tuesday when they do their big update. X-men Destiny was a week or so behind before they started taking it, Gunstringer took nearly 3.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, couldve sworn someone called and asked for a tiv on a game....

It is possible someone did. Not saying otherwise, just that more than likely if it isn't on the site it isn't in their system either. I did email them to try and help "bring to their attention" that those two games weren't listed, and I know some other spoke about going into the store and asking (especially for gunstringer) but no one had any luck till it popped up last Tuesday.

If I had to guess I would say that NBA 2k12 will get $20 - $25. $25-$30 is possible though. Till it is added to their system they can only give you $1, and even then, it is only if the employee is feeling nice and wants to give you a generic sku trade in.

2K11 is trading in for $11 still. That could have some potential out there as stores look to unload last years game...

[quote name='Pliskin101']blah blah blah angry mumbling grumble grumble [/QUOTE]
You take things way too personal. So calm the fuck down. Get off the pedestal you've seem to put yourself on and think.

You don't seem to understand that flipping and Buying video games at great prices don't equal the same thing.

This is the TRADE thread. Why the fuck should we be discussing game fly deals?

God Damn.

It was my opinion on how I said the flipping discussion would be better handled it eliminates dealing wth lurkers. I never said shutthefuckupyouvenoideawhatyouredoingstoptellingeveryone1!11!!!

[quote name='spatenfloot']You don't need a sticker to get the extra 10%, just have them scan your rz card.[/QUOTE]

I usually asked the employee if the 10% was added. I could be wrong, but when someone helped me they almost forgot to add it. I think the guy had to check some option even if the system did show I have Gamers Unlocked.

Kz3 is @ 12 tiv @ BBV...im in BBY going to trade in.figure id cut my losses before sunday lets hope next week brings more opportunity!

So I dropped 75 on various wii and 360 games and got 133...nt to bad.i got shut down for the firzt time trying to buy a visa! Therez no policy saying it cnt be dne is there? I didnt want to make any waves since I alwayz there but the rep was a real biznitch...

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']So I dropped 75 on various wii and 360 games and got 133...nt to bad.i got shut down for the firzt time trying to buy a visa! Therez no policy saying it cnt be dne is there? I didnt want to make any waves since I alwayz there but the rep was a real biznitch...[/QUOTE]

well, posting here is not going to make any future chances any better
here we go again, i predict at least 3 pages...

"Anyone know of a good way to transfer Amazon to BB credit?"
Sure, spend a few hours going through trade in values at BB, check lowest buys on Amazon, buy them to ship to you ASAP and then hope no one posts what you ordered here. G/L

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Anyone know of a good way to transfer Amazon to BB credit?[/QUOTE]

This is joke? Yes?
What is this?
ARE YOU INTERNET?!

There is no 50% offer this coming week. Just FYI, they can check the upcoming week's promotions through their system starting about the Wednesday before (there was nothing this week, which makes sense since the ad mentioned nothing).

There ~may~ be one the week after for Batman; but again the risk/reward of seeing if TIVs hold is up to you.

Man you guys are a bunch of lions jumping on a defenseless gazelle. It was a simple question, that yes does get asked alot whether it it GS to BB, Amazon to BB, GF to BB, etc... A simple try and look first before you ask would sophist. As to Prinny hopefully your wrong, but I doubt you are. fuck Iim gonna have to go with the 40% as I predicted.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Man you guys are a bunch of lions jumping on a defenseless gazelle. It was a simple question, that yes does get asked alot whether it it GS to BB, Amazon to BB, GF to BB, etc... A simple try and look first before you ask would sophist suffice.[/QUOTE]
Fixed that for ya there.;) But believe me, people who are determined to be lazy and not do the work themselves to find ways to transfer credit will just ask
and ask and ask and ask and ask and ask
until someone just posts a list of shit for them to shut them up.

Some folks on here want all of the reward without putting in ANY of the time to do the work themselves. THAT is what is the most frustrating part of all of the 'omg this is a DEAL site and these trade flips are a deal that everyone should post for us all to rape till they're dry n crusty' CAG members that irk some of us the most.

They did NOTHING to find the flips, yet exploited the ever living fuck out of them. Then when called out on it they pull that community bullshit out of their ass. This community has become one of a buncha parasites and ungrateful bastards over the last couple of years, if ya ask me, so that's why I normally keep most deals/info to myself anymore.

TL;DR version: It's about give and take, but some just keep taking without giving back, is what I'm trying to say here.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']so that's why I normally keep most deals/info to myself anymore.[/QUOTE]

You mean you don't just flip HDMI cables? Blasphemy!

:lol: Flipping HDMI cables indiscriminantly is what got me banned, as you may already know.;)

I'm trying to keep it on the down low w/ BB, but I'll admit that I've already done the limit of 3 on quite a few titles(including old PS2 sports shit).:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Fixed that for ya there.;) But believe me, people who are determined to be lazy and not do the work themselves to find ways to transfer credit will just ask
and ask and ask and ask and ask and ask
until someone just posts a list of shit for them to shut them up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro. I hate spelling alot, even if I use google to cheat. You do have a point I'll try to see it from your p.o.v.

Going back to the topic of TIVs suddenly dropping, I am surprised nobody has discussed further the one previous gripe of a fellow CAGer of people locking in a certain value of a game to trade online at BB (usually as a back up plan) but then actually planning on trading the game to the store for the bonuses.

I think his theory of artificial surge in supply of certain games showing up in BBV's trade in system really affects how early the trade in values are dropped. Particularly when the same actual game is traded in store while its online submission for it is left open.

Some people playing this safe tactic knowingly take the risk, while some are just plain oblivious to the situation I think. So if you are one of these types, please stop bitching cause we are all tipping the scale here (maybe you more than others)...Im just sayin'

Just curious. How does the 30 day thing work at Best Buy work if the price drops? Do you just bring your receipt in or do you need to have the game sealed still?

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Haha. .....

Tell me where I bragged?

I'd like to see you use the search function, and let me know where i was bragging [/QUOTE]

10/5
[quote name='DudeImGodly']If you know what you're a doing, I have no problem sharing them with you (referring to Velo, DerClaw, and a couple others) but if I know you have no clue what your doing have no intention of Learning how to do things right( which I'm pretty sure we've mentioned the specifics of before in the old thread) and continuously send me messages saying "OMG $1K!!1 WHAT R U FLIPPING" I won't tell you anything.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying you are to blame for tivs dropping. I'm just saying you got a big mouth and find it irritating to see your blue asshole 3-5 times on most every page of this thread informing everyone of your positions about flipping, corporate business practices, morals, etiquitte, and who you deem worthy to share flips with. You must be a single child cause it seems like no ones ever told you to shut up before. I'll give you props for your entrepreneurial spirit at such a young age, but I for one don't need to know every opinion of a kid in high school trying to prove he's a baller. Do it at school.

[quote name='doubledown']Just curious. How does the 30 day thing work at Best Buy work if the price drops? Do you just bring your receipt in or do you need to have the game sealed still?[/QUOTE]

Receipt has always sufficed for me in the past.

Whew, finally caught up with the thread. If we filtered all the off topic Bullshit and voiced opinions that no one gives two shits about, I think it would eliminate about half this threads posts (maybe two-thirds?).

I shared a few ways to make some easy money in this thread but whether someone chooses to use that information is up to them. This is a public forum and there will always be lurkers, trolls, idiots, people who cannot do basic math, people who cannot bother to read the very first post much less read back a few pages (or use the damn search function), people who are jealous of other's ability to turn a profit off videogames (or reselling anything

[quote name='nakanenui']
Please realize that it takes time and effort to find deals and there are time frames where these deals pan out. If someone found such a deal they are probably too busy acting on it rather than sharing the info with a bunch of ungrateful people on the internet. Unless you are willing to pay for such privileged information, then just STFU and be grateful that someone felt like giving you a freebie. I really do not understand the hate going on. fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, You're Cool, fuck you, peace I'm out![/QUOTE]
I agree :applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='kouleefoh']Damn, i'm gone for a day, and this thread gets all kind of drama[/QUOTE]
It's pretty entertaining lol.

I think BB might do a 50% when you purchase Batman since I'm pretty sure that's one of their bigger releases and I believe they that with Madden 12.

[quote name='nakanenui']Whew, finally caught up with the thread. If we filtered all the off topic Bullshit and voiced opinions that no one gives two shits about, I think it would eliminate about half this threads posts (maybe two-thirds?).

I shared a few ways to make some easy money in this thread but whether someone chooses to use that information is up to them. This is a public forum and there will always be lurkers, trolls, idiots, people who cannot do basic math, people who cannot bother to read the very first post much less read back a few pages (or use the damn search function), people who are jealous of other's ability to turn a profit off videogames (or reselling anything

[quote name='person123']It's pretty entertaining lol.

I think BB might do a 50% when you purchase Batman since I'm pretty sure that's one of their bigger releases and I believe they that with Madden 12.[/QUOTE]

They did do the 50% for preorder and during release week when purchasing Madden. They did do 50% for preorder bonus for Gears Of War 3, but not for release week when purchasing as it was only 40%. It is highly improbable that they will go from 40% preorder bonus to 50% release week bonus with purchase. I agree it is a probability but do not count on it (if you plan on making an extra 10% bonus while waiting your base TIV will plummet).

Can someone clean up this thread??? I mean remove the blah blah's and the cursing. And please be reminded this is a video game forum where deals are discussed and not discouraged. If someone asks a question and it has already been answered, then could someone refer them to it or just not answer. They may be lazy but the other is just down right mean. No Bullyiing Tolerated. Also, this thread is NOT a competition on who can use the most profanity in posts. I believe most problems occur because OP's are not properly maintained up-to-date in many threads. I remember the BBV one that IO did was one of the first that hooked me because it not only listed sales but flips. It would be handy to maybe include those in their respective OP's. Hey, we don't chew out JP in the gamestop thread because he posts current TIV's in the OP and tell everyone their lazy and find it themselves. Right? No No No.

Totally off topic apparently since I am not complaining about anything. My store still had the signs up for the 4 for $20 promotion with a end date of 10/8. So I ran to GameStop across the street, got a few games, and got them to honor it. They acted like the promo should have worked but wasn't. They were surprisingly nice about the whole thing, which is very out of character for this store. Also I noticed the guy that was a complete douchenozzle to me a few weeks got demoted? to the appliances department. He was a Gaming Specialist but not anymore. Seems like posting on the BBY Forums actually made a difference which is nice to see.

Also my two cents about the flipping debate. I think if someone finds a rather rare flip, ie some Wii game that is difficult to find used, I have no problem with them taking all they can. Then maybe sharing or not, I would share if it was me but I never seem to find anything. Now on the other hand a widely available flip like Transformers I see no reason to not share. There wasn't much work going into finding that flip and there was plenty of copies to go around. I do agree there are too many lurkers and retarded questions asked in this thread. However I don't think there is much to be done about that. People just need to look past those dipshits and continue to help others out. Personally I don't answer any stupid ass questions I think everyone should avoid it as well. If they ask more than once ignore them.

[quote name='GoVols']Can someone clean up this thread??? I mean remove the blah blah's and the cursing. And please be reminded this is a video game forum where deals are discussed and not discouraged. If someone asks a question and it has already been answered, then could someone refer them to it or just not answer. They may be lazy but the other is just down right mean. No Bullyiing Tolerated. Also, this thread is NOT a competition on who can use the most profanity in posts. I believe most problems occur because OP's are not properly maintained up-to-date in many threads. I remember the BBV one that IO did was one of the first that hooked me because it not only listed sales but flips. It would be handy to maybe include those in their respective OP's. Hey, we don't chew out JP in the gamestop thread because he posts current TIV's in the OP and tell everyone their lazy and find it themselves. Right? No No No.[/QUOTE]

If it is offensive, you can use the report feature.

The reason the GS thread is the way it is, is because GS does not have a TIV website so people have to report their latest TIVs, and really the thread thrives because people contribute. This thread on the other hand, BB has a TIV estimator webpage, so people can do their own research. As far as contributing to this thread, a lot of people are not (actually the opposite).

[quote name='GoVols']Can someone clean up this thread??? I mean remove the blah blah's and the cursing. And please be reminded this is a video game forum where deals are discussed and not discouraged. If someone asks a question and it has already been answered, then could someone refer them to it or just not answer. They may be lazy but the other is just down right mean. No Bullyiing Tolerated. Also, this thread is NOT a competition on who can use the most profanity in posts. I believe most problems occur because OP's are not properly maintained up-to-date in many threads. I remember the BBV one that IO did was one of the first that hooked me because it not only listed sales but flips. It would be handy to maybe include those in their respective OP's. Hey, we don't chew out JP in the gamestop thread because he posts current TIV's in the OP and tell everyone their lazy and find it themselves. Right? No No No.[/QUOTE]
To some of us though doing trade in's to allow us to get the newer games when they come out by exploiting higher tiv's and promos only works if those of us doing it to that end only know about it.

Once you have EVERYONE doing it, then the values drop faster, thus requiring the trade-in of those games SOONER(and rushing through what may be an insanely good game to not lose out) and taking away a bit of the fun factor.

Had everyone not known(due to me:cry:) and kept repeating the Transformers: Dark Of The Moon for DS flip, then it may have lasted longer than the 'two days' Pliskin mentioned it lasting. Actually it HAD already lasted through BB's own sale pricing on the game LAST week, but it was due to the massive amounts of the games being locked in or traded in that most likely triggered the drop.

As far as 'bullying' other people goes, what are we on the playground again where we can't take a bit of perhaps not so constructive criticism w/o crying to the teacher like a lil girl? People crying about being picked on on here need to grow a pair or learn to stop being stupid/lazy in the first place. It's not MY problem if they can't read(so they'll ask 10x for info that they could've found on their own).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']To some of us though doing trade in's to allow us to get the newer games when they come out by exploiting higher tiv's and promos only works if those of us doing it to that end only know about it.

Once you have EVERYONE doing it, then the values drop faster, thus requiring the trade-in of those games SOONER(and rushing through what may be an insanely good game to not lose out) and taking away a bit of the fun factor.

Had everyone not known(due to me:cry:) and kept repeating the Transformers: Dark Of The Moon for DS flip, then it may have lasted longer than the 'two days' Pliskin mentioned it lasting. Actually it HAD already lasted through BB's own sale pricing on the game LAST week, but it was due to the massive amounts of the games being locked in or traded in that most likely triggered the drop.

As far as 'bullying' other people goes, what are we on the playground again where we can't take a bit of perhaps not so constructive criticism w/o crying to the teacher like a lil girl? People crying about being picked on on here need to grow a pair or learn to stop being stupid/lazy in the first place. It's not MY problem if they can't read(so they'll ask 10x for info that they could've found on their own).[/QUOTE]

I wonder if we will ever see a day where they have TIV match between competitors. haha

[quote name='kouleefoh']Just for the record, Transformer deal lasted longer than 2 days. It started when BB had the game on sale for $9.99. I forgot how many days after then gamestop started putting it on sale.

I wonder if we will ever see a day where they have TIV match between competitors. haha[/QUOTE]
That's what he said. It was IATCG who initially brought it up in the thread.

[quote name='phantomphoenix']That's what he said. It was IATCG who initially brought it up in the thread.[/QUOTE]
hahaha, so sorry, I'm an idiot.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Just for the record, Transformer deal lasted longer than 2 days. It started when BB had the game on sale for $9.99. I forgot how many days after then gamestop started putting it on sale.

I wonder if we will ever see a day where they have TIV match between competitors. haha[/QUOTE]
I said that it actually lasted all of LAST week in my post.;) That's when I did my two copies(one for each game) and I'm glad I did it last week n didn't wait.:)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I said that it actually lasted all of LAST week in my post.;) That's when I did my two copies(one for each game) and I'm glad I did it last week n didn't wait.:)[/QUOTE]
I know people like to lock in values online just incase. I wonder if that would affect TIV because it might count the games as being traded in already.

I don't think people are upset by the flippers who don't want to share (it's pretty obvious why they don't) i think it's more to do with the bragging. For example someone might post "i flipped 3 ds games and 7 wii games for $120 profit woot!!" lol I mean that's great for you and all but i don't think they should post stuff like that. Just keep it to yourself if you don't plan on sharing.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I don't think people are upset by the flippers who don't want to share (it's pretty obvious why they don't) i think it's more to do with the bragging. For example someone might post "i flipped 3 ds games and 7 wii games for $120 profit woot!!" lol I mean that's great for you and all but i don't think they should post stuff like that. Just keep it to yourself if you don't plan on sharing.[/QUOTE]
But again it comes back to the time put in to find some of the flips and figuring out where to get them cheap enough to be profitable.

That is what the folks complaining about flippers bragging and not sharing the information seem to fail to realize.

If I spend 2-3 hours cross referencing game prices at GS or wherever versus tiv's on BB and I find a handful of great flips, then I'm going to share them but only with those who I trust to not kill it so it'll last long enough should I wanna space out the trades.

Why should I share with the community at large and risk the tiv's dropping like a rock before everybody I know can get in on it?

If the folks complaining about the info being kept 'secret' want to use the info, then maybe next time they will spend a couple hours checking prices and trade values to find a few and report those for the whole community.

It's only fair if they expect me to blurt out the ones I find w/o even so much as a thank you in most cases.;)

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I don't think people are upset by the flippers who don't want to share (it's pretty obvious why they don't) i think it's more to do with the bragging. For example someone might post "i flipped 3 ds games and 7 wii games for $120 profit woot!!" lol I mean that's great for you and all but i don't think they should post stuff like that. Just keep it to yourself if you don't plan on sharing.[/QUOTE]

What he said.

Exactly! I mean flipping is part of the thrill being able to take a small investment and turn it into at the very least, a breaking even opportunity and gravy if you actually turn a profit for your investment. But to come in here and bragg about how you turned 50 games into $1,000 just lacks maturity. It's like what you can do i can one up you better type of mentality which is just pure ignorance. With some effort, common sense and strategy, anyone in this forum can exploit BB and turn minimum flips into larger gains No one is more "special" than the other.

People like recognition for stuff they do that they feel is worthy of it. Some folks just like to brag. Take your pick.

You essentially want people not to post unless they plan on sharing their information on how they did it with you and everyone else.

Whatever happened to a lil thing called freedom of speech.

As long as someone is not personally being offensive to someone else(use of racial slurs and so on) then what is the harm in a little bragging about making some money/credit and actually feeling like they got one over on (insert store name)?:roll:

People might as well no longer post at all on here because almost everything anyone says is bound to 'offend' someone else in one way or another anymore.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']People like recognition for stuff they do that they feel is worthy of it. Some folks just like to brag. Take your pick.

You essentially want people not to post unless they plan on sharing their information on how they did it with you and everyone else.

As long as someone is not personally being offensive to someone else(use of racial slurs and so on) then what is the harm in a little bragging about making some money/credit and actually feeling like they got one over on (insert store name)?:roll:

People might as well no longer post at all on here because almost everything anyone says is bound to 'offend' someone else in one way or another anymore.[/QUOTE]

Freedom of speech is alive and well but on one point I have to disagree.
IMO the bragging $ posts just set the stoopid into a frenzy and insite the lazy lurkers...and if anything is going to motivate the corporate folks who you know are monitoring, it's seeing $$ shoved and mocking them...
keep it cool and smart not loud and stoopid.
but meh, Just my nickels worth...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']People like recognition for stuff they do that they feel is worthy of it. Some folks just like to brag. Take your pick.

People might as well no longer post at all on here because almost everything anyone says is bound to 'offend' someone else in one way or another anymore.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't care less if people post their flips or not. I'm just saying some people on here make it sound like you need some special god given ability to do it. I mean if you want to spend 3-4 hours looking up flips so you can make $50 and then come on here to brag about it that's fine with me. I personally think there should be a private flipper thread where all the secretive flippers can go circle jerk and internet high five one another while they discuss how they got over (insert store name) :roll:

This thread is turning into a huge clusterfuck. Its best if we ONLY post "prices" in their specific threads, and let other people look up TIV by themselves, T:A&D in BB, KZ3 in GF, etc..At worst, we can post prices in here but when we have people screaming arbitrage this arbitrage that:
1, we let the lazyass lurkers benefit when they can't even bother to spend 5 minutes to do their own comparison.
2, if musicjunkie (probly a flipper himself and don't care if we profit off his employer) participated in this thread, higher up BBs who have the power to adjust TIV can look here too. I don't think it a coincidence kz3 and a bunch of other juicy games dropped when we have posts saying: price --> tiv=KACHINK KACHINK.

Anyway, I'm not mad when my profit got cut. Onto the next find. If you cant play the game, get da fcuk out.

Curious, what did Enuf said in BB forum about CAG?

[quote name='donut']Freedom of speech is alive and well but on one point I have to disagree.
IMO the bragging $ posts just set the stoopid into a frenzy and insite the lazy lurkers...and if anything is going to motivate the corporate folks who you know are monitoring, it's seeing $$ shoved and mocking them...
keep it cool and smart not loud and stoopid.
but meh, Just my nickels worth...[/QUOTE]
True. That is definitely a good point.;)
[quote name='Gamer4life88']I couldn't care less if people post their flips or not. I'm just saying some people on here make it sound like you need some special god given ability to do it. I mean if you want to spend 3-4 hours looking up flips so you can make $50 and then come on here to brag about it that's fine with me. I personally think there should be a private flipper thread where all the secretive flippers can go circle jerk and internet high five one another while they discuss how they got over (insert store name) :roll:[/QUOTE]
There already are private groups like that. But when you have a group looking for flips and each person is doing something to try and contribute, then those hours are broken up amongst the group.

Can I just show them a receipt of a past preorder to get the extra 40 percent on trade ins? Or do I have to pre order something new?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There already are private groups like that. But when you have a group looking for flips and each person is doing something to try and contribute, then those hours are broken up amongst the group.[/QUOTE]
Well, I really think the name should be changed so as not to gain too much attention, unless you guys are trying to shove it in people's face. And... :whistle2:\"psst, psst, how can I become a member?

bread's done
Back