Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread needs a damn mod. Why would you post flip info here? It's obvious the amount will drop now. I'm a little annoyed because I actually own a game mentioned here.
Wasn't a purchased for flip. It was just my personal title. I can't get to bby till wednesday. Now if it drops in my head I'll blame this topic. Honestly why don't you take your super slooth skills elsewhere? Maybe go try and find world peace or something?
You said you want to throw a monkey wrench in peoples plans. Why? Why does it bother you? And why hurt others who might (as myself) actually own the titles? Sigh. (by the way, hello to the bby spy who will obviously lower the value before I get to trade in my title ... Which I platinumed). :/

Trade threads and flips always go together on CAG. I think its good fellowship to post em. We did it in blockbuster and amazon threads all the time. The only difference now is that we have people bragging and really going overboard. Keeps brags to yourself...but if you get banned please share the juicy story ;)

Thanks go out to Gamer4Life88 and everyone else sharing.

[quote name='kingwormer']This thread needs a damn mod. Why would you post flip info here? It's obvious the amount will drop now. I'm a little annoyed because I actually own a game mentioned here.
Wasn't a purchased for flip. It was just my personal title. I can't get to bby till wednesday. Now if it drops in my head I'll blame this topic. Honestly why don't you take your super slooth skills elsewhere? Maybe go try and find world peace or something?
You said you want to throw a monkey wrench in peoples plans. Why? Why does it bother you? And why hurt others who might (as myself) actually own the titles? Sigh. (by the way, hello to the bby spy who will obviously lower the value before I get to trade in my title ... Which I platinumed). :/[/QUOTE]
It's alright, sell some blood, make back the difference.

Edit:
I don't know what's the point of "sharing" these TIV. They are not secrets. lol you can just put it in the trade-in estimators. It makes sense to share TIV in BBV thread because you can't check it online. But BB has it online! So to post TIV here is pointless.

As for the Red Faction flip, let's remember that it's been on sale @ GF before. So chances are, a lot people have traded it in. Values will go down and probably quick too! So think twice before you have them expedited. It could go down tonight. =/

I think the GF deals will inevitably drop. A BB employee told me about them the other day. It's a no brainer for corporate.

[quote name='kingwormer']This thread needs a damn mod. Why would you post flip info here? It's obvious the amount will drop now. I'm a little annoyed because I actually own a game mentioned here.
You said you want to throw a monkey wrench in peoples plans. Why? Why does it bother you? And why hurt others who might (as myself) actually own the titles? Sigh. (by the way, hello to the bby spy who will obviously lower the value before I get to trade in my title ... Which I platinumed). :/[/QUOTE]

Chill out Dude. It's your own fault that you were to cheap to paid for overnight shipping from GAMEFLY. Next time before flipping, please consider that TIV can dropped at any point, especially if you are waiting for a gamefly shipment.

What you need is a big dose of STFU!! This is a CAG community thread. Get over it!!

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, like that wouldn't throw up a red flag. They limit you to three per title per year. Whether that's three per title per system, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Didn't the poster say pick up 4, 2 of each console. Where is the red flag?

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, like that wouldn't throw up a red flag. They limit you to three per title per year. Whether that's three per title per system, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Learn to read. He said two of each system. It's 3 per title per system. So you could trade 3 of game x for wii, 3 for xbox, and 3 for ps3. It's always great when one of the few people contributing to a thread are attacked. That's what I'd want.

And just for the ahole (hint: kingwormer )complaining about mentioning it.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Here's a good Gamefly flip if you were planing to pre-order and pickup Batman or BF3. Also, it helps out even more if you are a Unlocked member as you get an extra 10% bonus.

Red Fraction Armageddon PS3/360 + free shipping for non members

$12.99 - $17.00 TIV

Buy 2 of each platform

.17 x 4 = .68
.68 x 60 (Trade in bonus %) = 40.8
40.8 + 68 = $108.8
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I didn't buy any for myself. I already have BF3 and Batman pre-ordered somewhere else. I Just wanted to throw a monkey wrench into all theses secretive flippers plans lol jk. But i agree, there's a great chance that the TIV'S will go down before you get the games, since Gamefly is kinda inconsistent with their shipping. But if your willing to take a chance you can essentially pay off one of the mentioned games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rozz']I know a Best Buy on there that isn't listed yet they do trade-ins without a receipt.[/QUOTE]

Not to go off topic and talk about Best Buy's trade in program, but...

The site isn't 100% accurate, for example at least recently the Mall of America store wasn't listed but they've been doing trades for a couple of months.

Updated the OP with the new promos. Get em' while they're hot.

[quote name='KtMack23']Learn to read. He said two of each system. It's 3 per title per system. So you could trade 3 of game x for wii, 3 for xbox, and 3 for ps3. It's always great when one of the few people contributing to a thread are attacked. That's what I'd want.[/QUOTE]

You tell him to learn to read when his post says he isn't sure if its 3 per system :)

Sigh, I'm giving up on this thread lol To kingwormer i hope you are able to trade your game before any drops and to the people who ordered Red Fraction from Gamefly i hope you get your games before any drops as well. I know it was on sale before and a lot of fuckers, i mean "flippers" already took advantage of it, so it is a big big risk. That is all, I'm going to go watch some Football now.

[quote name='nakanenui']
If you are planning on flipping from GF to BB, I would suggest paying for faster shipping to avoid the inevitable base TIV drop (sure you could take your chances, and get burned like most have already admitted). I am sure BB monitors their competitors sales/prices, so when they see "game x" being sold for "$y" and BB is offering "$z" (where z>y) then they will adjust accordingly (where z=

Best buy is really stepping it up with the used game trade ins. I saw a mobile kiosk at my local store strictly devoted to just game trade ins. Though you can't see the condition of the game disc without heading all the way to the check out register since they're in the same security cases as the new games.

I'm not sure its the mods responsibility to make sure you get a chance to trade in your game before the TIV drops. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='intoxicates']Just a reminder for anyone ordering online or waiting for any shipment. Monday is a holiday for USPS (they are closed) so if you have an option for faster delivery choose some other shipping carrier.[/QUOTE]

= Got Screw "@ kingwormer"

[quote name='confoosious']I'm not sure its the mods responsibility to make sure you get a chance to trade in your game before the TIV drops. I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

Classic. HAHAHAHHAHAH............................

Most of the used games at BB will be getting price drops, so expect some better prices on used games.

This will take effect tomorrow so have a game scanned to check the price if the stickers havent been updated. This is going to apply to about 75% of the games

[quote name='Daring']= Got Screw "@ kingwormer"[/QUOTE]

Ok perhaps its not the reason for anyone to protect my trade value sure ok. But listen up a@@hole, I CLEARED stated I was NOT flipping this title. It's a game I bought full price at launch and Im just annoyed that people bragging about flips will cause the value to go down.

So atleast learn to read, sheesh.

[quote name='TravistyOJ']Death, Taxes, and TIV drops. They suck, but get used to them, they are inevitable. kingwormer, chill the fuck out.[/QUOTE]

And my, I'm sorry? Had I posted

"GUYS I JUST MADE $452 PROFIT FLIPPING THESE GAMES!"

You'd be happy? You people are idiots...

[quote name='kingwormer']Ok perhaps its not the reason for anyone to protect my trade value sure ok. But listen up a@@hole, I CLEARED stated I was NOT flipping this title. It's a game I bought full price at launch and Im just annoyed that people bragging about flips will cause the value to go down.

So atleast learn to read, sheesh.[/QUOTE]

Whatever dude. We believe you. Sure!!, you wont be able to trade until Wednesday. Hahahha. Just happens to coincide to Gamefly Friday's Sales + 3 days shipping ( Monday = MLK day)..

Way to go bud.best wishes and hope you come out on top.

[quote name='kingwormer']Ok perhaps its not the reason for anyone to protect my trade value sure ok. But listen up a@@hole, I CLEARED stated I was NOT flipping this title. It's a game I bought full price at launch and Im just annoyed that people bragging about flips will cause the value to go down.

So atleast learn to read, sheesh.[/QUOTE]

Yet you held onto it for so long and suddenly want to trade it now, it is your fault so deal with it. If people on CAG didn't start these threads in the first place you probably would not be looking into trading games at Best Buy because you would not be knowledgeable to all the info they have provided like the deals, methods, and restrictions. Grow up and stop worrying about how much of a good deal other people are getting and crying you are not doing the same because it is their fault. Someone "bragging" they got $XX amount for some of their trades has no affect on your well being. Maybe a person got $500 back from trade ins but they spent $1000 on those games, what difference does it make? Let them say what they want to say to the people in this thread that they like to talk to since a lot of it is back and forth between regulars.

Did my trade today, and the guy gave me the 50% increase before I even mentioned reserving Bats. Even cooler, he couldn't get the computer to match a buy back price (they do that!) so he just gave me an equal discount when i was ready to check out.

The only real bummer is you can't pay in full on a reservation there. That means I have to exercise control and not spend the GC until the game comes out.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Most of the used games at BB will be getting price drops, so expect some better prices on used games.

This will take effect tomorrow so have a game scanned to check the price if the stickers havent been updated. This is going to apply to about 75% of the games[/QUOTE]

Hopefully this means Best Buy is going to try to get better about keeping up with MSRP drops on used games, and matching their own new game sales with used drops..

9/10 games at mine are priced the same or slightly higher than they should be available brand new. Or only a few dollars cheaper.

[quote name='confoosious']P.s. There's no freedom of speech on a message board. :roll: learn your bill of rights before tossing it around.[/QUOTE]
:cry: I thought we were pals. But yeah, you're right. There is no freedom of speech on this board anymore. Cheapy has given the powers-that-be carte blanche to do as they please and taken a hands off approach to his site lately.
[quote name='nbballard']2)CAG would die if it weren't for the sense of community that exists and the willingness to share tricks of the trade with fellow readers. Private deal groups strangle the lifeblood from this site and should be discouraged. I know it sucks every time a deal makes it to SD or a lurker plucks up the last copy without contributing to the forums, but that's how the internet functions. If you aren't willing to be a community member and participate then we don't need you here.[/QUOTE]
You mean the sense of community where people just feel they HAVE to chime in when you post what you feel is a deal to whine about the shipping costs, even though they have no intention of buying the deal you listed?

Or the sense of community where in code threads where people post them in the open forum they're taken a good percentage of the time by people who don't even have the decency to post THANK YOU?

It's one thing to post 'tricks of the trade', such as telling people to scan Gamestop and Best Buy's new and used game listings for games that get more in trade value than they cost to buy. But far too many on here are just openly begging for people to just list the games that flip and where they flip to for them so they don't have to actually sit there and work it out for themselves. No way in hell am I gonna make it that easy for anyone else.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:cry: I thought we were pals. But yeah, you're right. There is no freedom of speech on this board anymore. Cheapy has given the powers-that-be carte blanche to do as they please and taken a hands off approach to his site lately.
[/QUOTE]

You completely missed my point. There never was Freedom of speech on CAG and never will be. Freedom of speech does not apply to a private enterprise like this.

People like to toss "freedom of speech" around like they toss around "bait and switch" and have no damn clue what it means.

[quote name='Japakneez']You tell him to learn to read when his post says he isn't sure if its 3 per system :)[/QUOTE]

Well If he isn't sure than why the heck is he hating on the guy who said buy 2 for each system when he doesn't even know how the trade in system works!? I'll never understand Internet logic.

[quote name='HandsomeJoeFrancis']Did my trade today, and the guy gave me the 50% increase before I even mentioned reserving Bats. Even cooler, he couldn't get the computer to match a buy back price (they do that!) so he just gave me an equal discount when i was ready to check out.

The only real bummer is you can't pay in full on a reservation there. That means I have to exercise control and not spend the GC until the game comes out.[/QUOTE]

What do u mean match a buy back? Like u traded in for 40% bonus the day before and he adjusted to match the 50% today?

[quote name='confoosious']You completely missed my point. There never was Freedom of speech on CAG and never will be. Freedom of speech does not apply to a private enterprise like this.[/QUOTE]
True. I'm noticing this more and more lately. It especially seems like flippers(of which I'm quasi retired for now) get the rawest of deals around here. People can piss and moan about 'flippers killing a deal' or 'taking games I wanted to PLAY' and their posts never seem to get touched, but God forbid you wanna mention making some money/credit for flipping.

It's like 1692 all over again, only this isn't Salem and I don't think anyone on here is a witch. But there sure are enough people with pitchforks and torches lately.

Live and let live. If what someone says annoys you, hit IGNORE(like I'm sure more than a few have done to me;)) and move on with your life.

Of course, if I could take my own advice I probably wouldn't be on triple secret CAG probation for cursing people out for what I felt was stupidity.

I'm just wondering, WHY THE fuck DO PEOPLE KEEP THINKING FLIPPING AND GETTING GREAT PRICES ON GAMES ARE THE SAME THING. Can we stop putting them in the same boat? They're are not equal.

I do know what you mean. Site's owned by Cheapy and it's a privilege and not a right to be here and ya can't really say what you want to here(unless yer my pal Confoosious then you're bulletproof). I DO get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Please stop quoting me as you're completely missing my point.[/QUOTE]

Technically it only applies to places that are public. A website which has terms of use is not public.

Edit nevermind. Iatcg just filled those in who did not grasp the concept.

[quote name='bgame2']Technically it only applies to places that are public. A website which has terms of use is not public.

Edit nevermind. Iatcg just filled those in who did not grasp the concept.[/QUOTE]
lol do u have a man crush on Confoosius or something? Twice now, you say his posts "enhance" your experience of CAG. :lol:

So heads up before they are all gone since I saw this on Slickdeals, Brink is $9.99 new and $7.49 through Amazon Warehouse in like new condition. The 360 version trades for $9 at Amazon while the PS3 version gets $7. They both also have a base $7 TIV at Best Buy so it might be a good deal if you have prime and get them asap. I got 2 copies of the 360 and locked them into Amazon (which I will follow through).

360 version
PS3 version

[quote name='shady520']So heads up before they are all gone since I saw this on Slickdeals, Brink is $9.99 new and $7.49 through Amazon Warehouse in like new condition. The 360 version trades for $9 at Amazon while the PS3 version gets $7. They both also have a base $7 TIV at Best Buy so it might be a good deal if you have prime and get them asap. I got 2 copies of the 360 and locked them into Amazon (which I will follow through).

360 version
PS3 version[/QUOTE]

No offense, but is it really worth the time when you are only profiting $3.02? I'm all for flipping....but this is a bit on the ridiculous side.

[quote name='jdb230']No offense, but is it really worth the time when you are only profiting $3.02? I'm all for flipping....but this is a bit on the ridiculous side.[/QUOTE]

Actually I wanted to play brink again since the free DLC came out since I last played it (traded it back out on goozex). Plus I can play it with a friend for a couple days and trade it back in for that slight profit, which is nice as it acts like a free rental and I have amazon credit sitting in my account doing nothing as it is (until Skyrim comes out anyways).

Edit: I also bought it through the gametz link which Bill the site's owner gets something like 5% of it which means he can now get an extra topping on a pizza!

[quote name='jdb230']No offense, but is it really worth the time when you are only profiting $3.02? I'm all for flipping....but this is a bit on the ridiculous side.[/QUOTE]

lol... I think that to myself all the time when I read what some people do here but to each its own.

@IATCG, you can make it easy for some of us. =P

Yeah. I've never quite understood the making $3 profit on a game thing. Unless you're trading in 100 games and making $3 profit on each one, it's just not worth it imo.

That's why I'm quasi retired since there's no 200-300%+ profit opportunities coming up that I can see right now.

I know for many of you this is the first time flipping, but for many long timer this isn't anything new. Many of us got several hundreds of dollars in credit at Game Rush, Game Crazy, amazon.com and even Gamestop. Most of those trade it are at least 2:1. It just normal that trade in value decrease. This has been a fun ride but it will end at some point.

LOl my local best buy just told me this morning when i went to trade in some games. they said in order to get the 40% you have you preorder 1 game each time you make a trade in transaction. So then i told him that When i preorder the game they told me i can just bring the receipt and get the 40% bounus. HE told me they weren't supposed to do that. then i said i'll just go to the CS and cancel my preorder and re-Preorder the game. Then he said fine he'll just give me the 40%

[quote name='kouleefoh']lol do u have a man crush on Confoosius or something? Twice now, you say his posts "enhance" your experience of CAG. :lol:[/QUOTE]

"enhance". If you're going to quote me, then quote me. Don't put your words in quotes and attribute them to me. As to your question, if by man crush you mean that I think many CAGs could learn more about life by listening to him rather than disagreeing with him, then yes HUGE man crush.

[quote name='bgame2']"enhance". If you're going to quote me, then quote me. Don't put your words in quotes and attribute them to me. As to your question, if by man crush you mean that I think many CAGs could learn more about life by listening to him rather than disagreeing with him, then yes HUGE man crush.[/QUOTE]
I'm just joking, no offense at all, and hope u didn't take offend in what I said. I just remember you said something bout confoosius post and sex so I thought i'd tease ya a lil bit.:D

[quote name='kouleefoh']I'm just joking, no offense at all, and hope u didn't take offend in what I said. I just remember you said something bout confoosius post and sex so I thought i'd tease ya a lil bit.:D[/QUOTE]

No problem we're good. I think I was just offering my agreement that if we were talking about something such as free speech a reference to something such as yelling fire in a crowded theater would only be immediately understood by a short list of people in the forums. Two of those people would likely be IATCG and Confoosious. What bothers Confoosious (from my perspective I do not want to put words in his mouth) is that people will regularly base their arguments on concepts that they do not genuinely understand. Thus, they would be better off listening than talking because they might learn the true meaning of something they think they already know.

IATCG and Confoosious are two of the most controversial guys on the forums, but things like their word choice, grammar and understanding of general concepts make them fun to read for me. (aka man crush. :))

bread's done
Back