Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guessed']Thanks for the info. Looks like they rang me up wrong when I signed up for it a few months back and only did the magazine subscription. Do you know if there is any way to fix this? Seems pretty stupid that you can either pay $15 for just the subscription or $15 for the subscription and membership. Why not just have one way of ringing it up?[/QUOTE]

If you had signed up for the @gamer subscription prior to the Unlocked Program released, (I was told by supervisor at BB) that these would be auto-enrolled into Unlocked Program. Seems like it is not the case?

Also, something I read when signing up for Unlocked, was that there were no refunds. I guess if you talk to a supervisor they may be able to help you get your money back if you accidentally signed up 2x because of the incompetent worker (blame the one that signed you up the first time because he/she was the one that convoluted the process).

[quote name='iggypop123']sealed items are no longer allowed?[/QUOTE]

I've never been able to trade in sealed items as used - not to Best Buy or Gamestop. They told me it's a law - at least that's what the guy at Gamestop said, not sure about BB. Maybe it's to protect against shoplifters trading in stolen goods?

Just got back from hitting this deal, went right from TRU to BB. Flipped three copies each of the Xbox 360 and Wii versions of Just Dance 3. I also signed up for the Unlocked program just before trading in because it basically paid for itself and then some.

$148.70 @ TRU -> $259.20 @ BB (gross before pre-order and Unlocked)

Net profit of $90.51 for literally 30 min of nothing work!! I had been saving my money ($$) up for the new Nexus phone coming out next month and was planning to buy it from Best Buy anyway, so this will make it all that much cheaper. Thanks to all that came up with this.

[quote name='jetsaredim']Just got back from hitting this deal, went right from TRU to BB. Flipped three copies each of the Xbox 360 and Wii versions of Just Dance 3. I also signed up for the Unlocked program just before trading in because it basically paid for itself and then some.

Net profit of $90.51 for literally 30 min of nothing work!! I had been saving my money ($$) up for the new Nexus phone coming out next month and was planning to buy it from Best Buy anyway, so this will make it all that much cheaper. Thanks to all that came up with this.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I know what I'm doing for lunch

[quote name='KtMack23']

Also FYI my TRU said they couldn't price match their online price and do B2G1[/QUOTE]
I was able to do this. They have to make the third game one cent for it to work.

[quote name='jetsaredim']
Net profit of $90.51 for literally 30 min of nothing work!! I had been saving my money ($$) up for the new Nexus phone coming out next month and was planning to buy it from Best Buy anyway, so this will make it all that much cheaper. Thanks to all that came up with this.[/QUOTE]

I like this phone and the galaxy SII :applause:

[quote name='jetsaredim']Just got back from hitting this deal, went right from TRU to BB. Flipped three copies each of the Xbox 360 and Wii versions of Just Dance 3. I also signed up for the Unlocked program just before trading in because it basically paid for itself and then some.

I had the horribly rude idea of buying those six games from TRU with cash...taking them to BB to trade in, then turning around and buying the same six games at BB to return to TRU with receipt to get my money back and keep the ~$90 BB gift card. Unfortunately I see the Just Dance 3 that BB has is an exclusive "BB Katy Perry Edition"! Damn...oh well.

[quote name='Evolved']I was able to do this. They have to make the third game one cent for it to work.[/QUOTE]

Same here as long as the manager isn't a total douche and you are nice about it they will be accommodating. For me, one game still came off as free.

I may try this, I think i wont be able to trade in all 6 at one time though lol, I think they would get a little suspicious if I did.

[quote name='vashtheowner']I may try this, I think i wont be able to trade in all 6 at one time though lol, I think they would get a little suspicious if I did.[/QUOTE]

Max per title/platform is three, so it's well within the trade rules of the Best Buy system.

[quote name='jetsaredim']Max per title/platform is three, so it's well within the trade rules of the Best Buy system.[/QUOTE]

Ya I know, it just looks weird. Or maybe thats just me lol.

[quote name='vashtheowner']I may try this, I think i wont be able to trade in all 6 at one time though lol, I think they would get a little suspicious if I did.[/QUOTE]

Go for it! I've traded in 6 copies of MX vs ATV Alive on 2 separate occasions without a problem at all. Only weird looks I got were from the door greeter guy as I walked out with six sealed games, and walked back in with the same games opened. I honestly feel a little bad doing BB this way...but Im getting married Saturday and I need some dang cash!!!

[quote name='aspen1284']Go for it! I've traded in 6 copies of MX vs ATV Alive on 2 separate occasions without a problem at all. Only weird looks I got were from the door greeter guy as I walked out with six sealed games, and walked back in with the same games opened. I honestly feel a little bad doing BB this way...but Im getting married Saturday and I need some dang cash!!![/QUOTE]

Well, I guess I may as well do it, $90 profit is pretty nice. That and I have a couple MvC3s to trade in anyways lol.

Do we have the Batman DLC SKU that BB is supposed to scan during the sale to get our pre-ordered DLC?

Also any idea of what they might be giving away at the Midnight launch for Batman?, the Gears shirt & Gears bag was pretty nice last time I went.

[quote name='destro4eva']Do we have the Batman DLC SKU that BB is supposed to scan during the sale to get our pre-ordered DLC?

Also any idea of what they might be giving away at the Midnight launch for Batman?, the Gears shirt & Gears bag was pretty nice last time I went.[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure that the batman dlc comes inside the case.

This thread reminds me of recent best buy shenanigans of requiring a drivers license for returns. Purchases on a cc I could understand but a $15 usb car adapter that I paid cash for and had my receipt? Yeah wtf ever bb. Sure it says id required on the receipt but in this situation isnt justified one bit.

[quote name='destro4eva']Do we have the Batman DLC SKU that BB is supposed to scan during the sale to get our pre-ordered DLC?

Also any idea of what they might be giving away at the Midnight launch for Batman?, the Gears shirt & Gears bag was pretty nice last time I went.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vashtheowner']Im pretty sure that the batman dlc comes inside the case.[/QUOTE]
This just keeps geting better. Yesterday I was told that they email the code to you.

[quote name='Evolved']This just keeps geting better. Yesterday I was told that they email the code to you.[/QUOTE]

Thats really strange, I thought that I saw a bunch of people posting on here that employees said it was coming inside the box this time. Maybe I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure that I saw that.

[quote name='vashtheowner']Thats really strange, I thought that I saw a bunch of people posting on here that employees said it was coming inside the box this time. Maybe I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure that I saw that.[/QUOTE]
It's on the product description on bestbuy.com that the code is included inside the packaging of the game.

I have held the game in my hand and there is a sticker on the front saying it's in the case. Internal BB memo confirms it as well. Ratchet and Clank and Rocksmith will have the UPC though.

Only swag I saw was shirts for Batman but there could always be more.

[quote name='Evolved']This just keeps geting better. Yesterday I was told that they email the code to you.[/QUOTE]

That's cause 90% of employees are lazy/idiots and don't read the memos and/or just say things from past experience. None of my BBY employees knew about the Forza dlc and swore I was crazy when I said they had to have a sku to get it. They assured me
It would be sent via email.

Luckily someone here posted the sku. I told the cashier to punch in the sku while the gaming sup was standing there (btw really nice guy that always tries to help me out). He looked dumbfounded.

So moral of the story, wait for a CAG BBY employee to post how it will come. Which last I heard from 1 on here was in game.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']So moral of the story, wait for a CAG BBY employee to post how it will come. Which last I heard from 1 on here was in game.[/QUOTE]
Far as the memos go they have been giving us word atleast a week ahead of time if it will be a UPC or in the case. My assumption is big games like BF3 will be in case because with the high volume of sales there is a higher chance of screw ups but with a smaller game (and presumably smaller number of preorders) they will do the UPC.

I am confirming Batman is in the case. 100% sure.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Far as the memos go they have been giving us word atleast a week ahead of time if it will be a UPC or in the case. My assumption is big games like BF3 will be in case because with the high volume of sales there is a higher chance of screw ups but with a smaller game (and presumably smaller number of preorders) they will do the UPC.

I am confirming Batman is in the case. 100% sure.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Guess gears was a small launch :wink:

[quote name='musicjunkie']Far as the memos go they have been giving us word atleast a week ahead of time if it will be a UPC or in the case. My assumption is big games like BF3 will be in case because with the high volume of sales there is a higher chance of screw ups but with a smaller game (and presumably smaller number of preorders) they will do the UPC.

I am confirming Batman is in the case. 100% sure.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks

So here is the next question.

Can I use a pre-order at one store to get trade in bonus at another store. Or can I only get the bonus at the store where I made the pre-order?

So here is the next question.

Can I use a pre-order at one store to get trade in bonus at another store. Or can I only get the bonus at the store where I made the pre-order?

so all the promotions are basically preorders? do you guys pretty much put $5 down and keep the rest of the gift card for other purchases other than the preorders? lol

[quote name='Evolved']Can I use a pre-order at one store to get trade in bonus at another store. Or can I only get the bonus at the store where I made the pre-order?[/QUOTE]
It's very YMMV to be able to take advantage of one preorder for trade-ins on different days. Wouldn't matter what store you do it at since if you are flashing your receipt to prove your preorder I doubt they will check which store it was at.

I think you'll see a tighter constraint on being able to use a past preorder on today's trade ins.

[quote name='david12795']so all the promotions are basically preorders? do you guys pretty much put $5 down and keep the rest of the gift card for other purchases other than the preorders? lol[/QUOTE]
All of them are cept for the trade 2 get +25%. At the moment you can only put $5 down and nothing more/less so you pocket the rest regardless of if you actually plan to use it on the game or not. Rest of the info is in the OP.

[quote name='david12795']so all the promotions are basically preorders? do you guys pretty much put $5 down and keep the rest of the gift card for other purchases other than the preorders? lol[/QUOTE]

And the buy ones (ie this week is buy batman get 40% bonus). This happens for most AAA titles the last few times. This is the 1 promo that I believe is a once you buy the game allows you access to the 40% promo the rest of the week.

[quote name='edostar44']Does anybody think that Best Buy will match the Toys R Us B2G1 offer?[/QUOTE]

They normally will have them about 2 weeks after TRU. But im not saying they will, just the last couple times that is how it worked out.

[quote name='musicjunkie']It's very YMMV to be able to take advantage of one preorder for trade-ins on different days. Wouldn't matter what store you do it at since if you are flashing your receipt to prove your preorder I doubt they will check which store it was at.

I think you'll see a tighter constraint on being able to use a past preorder on today's trade ins.

All of them are cept for the trade 2 get +25%. At the moment you can only put $5 down and nothing more/less so you pocket the rest regardless of if you actually plan to use it on the game or not. Rest of the info is in the OP.[/QUOTE]

interesting....kinda regret that i havent checked my BB that they do trade ins. they seem better than GS.

oh wait, so basically if i just wanted money, i should preordered MW3 since its 50%. i preordered UC3 and got 40% instead :hot:

[quote name='musicjunkie']It's very YMMV to be able to take advantage of one preorder for trade-ins on different days. Wouldn't matter what store you do it at since if you are flashing your receipt to prove your preorder I doubt they will check which store it was at.

I think you'll see a tighter constraint on being able to use a past preorder on today's trade ins.[/QUOTE]

Well the employee did look at the receipt and denied me. I had to pre-order mw3 to get the 50% bonus even though I had already pre-ordered bf3. Then the employee wrote "non refundable" "bonus" on the receipt.

BBY is sold out of the hardened edition of mw3 so I have zero interest in keeping that pre-order. It would have been nice to know they were sold out before I bought the pre-order.

Does the preorder bonus also work for PC versions of the game? I'm going to trade in some B2G1 copies of Just Dance 3 today if it does.

[quote name='Luxuria']So I got denied the trade ins at BB because the game is still new and they don't want to take in copies yet. WTF.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the manager is trying to ninja the system updating the values. Just try another BB if you can

[quote name='SMP']Does the preorder bonus also work for PC versions of the game? I'm going to trade in some B2G1 copies of Just Dance 3 today if it does.[/QUOTE]
Yup. Any preorder works.

I did the Just Dance 3 flip yesterday, with a preorder of MW3 for a 60% bonus (with unlocked) Went back today and cancelled the MW3 preorder. Asked at the game counter about cancelling the preorder for MW3. He asked if i got any bonus credit for trade ins with that order, and I said I did. he sent me to CS, cause he thought I wouldn't be able to cancel, but after 5 mins of the CS rep fumbling around, she refunded the $5.

So is the Robin DLC in all the games Best Buy is getting in? If I wanted to buy a second copy tonight/tomorrow would it have it as well if I didnt preorder?

[quote name='Abeja']So is the Robin DLC in all the games Best Buy is getting in? If I wanted to buy a second copy tonight/tomorrow would it have it as well if I didnt preorder?[/QUOTE]

If it's like normal the first runs get the bonus code. So all preorders will get the code and then they almost always will have left overs, so should be possible to get a code if you go in early tommorow. Also I would almost guarantee one if you go to the midnight release.

[quote name='Abeja']So is the Robin DLC in all the games Best Buy is getting in? If I wanted to buy a second copy tonight/tomorrow would it have it as well if I didnt preorder?[/QUOTE]

perhaps. I remember buying MK in mid May and still getting the sub-zero code in it, but there was a sticker on the outside of the box saying that it would be in there, so it could be 50/50 or 60/40, hell 1/99?

[quote name='Luxuria']So I got denied the trade ins at BB because the game is still new and they don't want to take in copies yet. WTF.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like that store has had a steady parade of Just dance 3 flips today lol I'd try a different BB.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']If it's like normal the first runs get the bonus code. So all preorders will get the code and then they almost always will have left overs, so should be possible to get a code if you go in early tommorow. Also I would almost guarantee one if you go to the midnight release.[/QUOTE]
The ad this week says you get it with purchase so yes, it will be available.

You guys need to stop returning those $5 preorders cause it's going to fuck it up for everyone. Either use or just suck it up as a cost of doing business. Also a 25% bump is available for 2 or more games anyway.

[quote name='Evolved']The ad this week says you get it with purchase so yes, it will be available.[/QUOTE]

Does it denote "while supplies last"? On phone and ad doesn't come up, just shows the sales.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Does it denote "while supplies last"? On phone and ad doesn't come up, just shows the sales.[/QUOTE]
Nope.

It's like Forza from last week. Pre-order was a BMW but if you bought the game without pre-ordering you still got the BMW.

bread's done
Back