Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rey6eric']It doesn't hurt to answer questions once in a while even if it's stated in plain sight in the OP. At least he was on topic unlike some recent posts :)[/QUOTE]

Deja Vu

[quote name='dwmacfar2']Just an fyi, I work at bestbuy, and one thing in the rules post is incorrect. You can't use the giftcard to pay off the pre-order. Granted, it's YMMV but our boss was told that we aren't allowed to let customers use the giftcard. Just an fyi.[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on when the pre-order must be made. If it is made after the games are traded in, you're obviously able to use the card. However, if the deal is followed strictly, you do have to pre-order prior to trading in. Either way, I was able to pay for it with the card...

[quote name='dwmacfar2']Just an fyi, I work at bestbuy, and one thing in the rules post is incorrect. You can't use the giftcard to pay off the pre-order. Granted, it's YMMV but our boss was told that we aren't allowed to let customers use the giftcard. Just an fyi.[/QUOTE]

Well at my Best Buy the guy went straight for the gift card and took $5 off. I didn't even ask him to. That was just their standard practice.

[quote name='david12795']i just preordered UC3 last week. can they do an adjustment from 40% to 50%?[/QUOTE]
The sheet you sign at the end of the trade-in states 'Upon accepting the compensation, I acknowledge and agree that the transaction is final and cannot be cancelled or rescinded and that no further compensation is owed to me by Bestbuy'. So it doesn't work like a price match or anything and not that I've ever tried but I assume it's the same way at GS. Once you finished the trade-in and sign it's over with.

just a quick heads up, and it may just be locally. I tried to trade in batman arkham city today, and the TIV kept popping up as 1$ for the game. Unfortunately I ended up going to Gamestop and trading it in.

[quote name='Ilovecereal']just a quick heads up, and it may just be locally. I tried to trade in batman arkham city today, and the TIV kept popping up as 1$ for the game. Unfortunately I ended up going to Gamestop and trading it in.[/QUOTE]

That was obviously an error of some sort. You should have either talked to the manager or went to another bestbuy

[quote name='Ilovecereal']just a quick heads up, and it may just be locally. I tried to trade in batman arkham city today, and the TIV kept popping up as 1$ for the game. Unfortunately I ended up going to Gamestop and trading it in.[/QUOTE]

thats weird, just traded it in on Friday with no problems. got $25 base.

Where did you buy the copy from? Reason for asking is, there may be copies that were store exclusives with a specific unique bar codes which isn't registering yet in bby's system

Traded in Dead Island, Space Marine, Kane and Lynch 2, Bad Company 2, and Bulletstorm. Got enough for both Battlefield 3, and uncharted 3.

Well not to sound too disheartened to shop at bestbuy by the whole experience, I walked up to customer service and everyone went into hiding except some poor old guy. He spent about 4 minutes looking up the trade in value which he said was only 1$. I went to get some kindle cards, and the manager told me to hold on that the cashier would be right out. I was looking at where she was and she was behind the geek squad "flaps" just looking stuff up on the computer, after a few minutes of waiting I set the cards down and walked out. The manager just looked at me and said "She'll be out in just a few minutes." which was time I really couldn't afford to just wait for when it was convenient for them. I guess it'll be a while before I go back. (it was an amazon copy btw)

uncharted 3 review got a 10. Surprise? No. Excited? hell yeaa! I'm so glad I found BB trade in, otherwise I'd be too damn cheap to buy this game and would be missing out.

[quote name='kouleefoh']uncharted 3 review got a 10. Surprise? No. Excited? hell yeaa! I'm so glad I found BB trade in, otherwise I'd be too damn cheap to buy this game and would be missing out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I will definitely make that 1 of my 5 preorders now. I was going to wait, but... I guess I can take a break from Dark Souls and play UC3. It should be a nice relaxing, easy game in comparison ;).

I'm still trying to scrape some games together so that I can make good use of the 50% trade-in deal.

[quote name='kouleefoh']uncharted 3 review got a 10. Surprise? No. Excited? hell yeaa! I'm so glad I found BB trade in, otherwise I'd be too damn cheap to buy this game and would be missing out.[/QUOTE]

Eventhough this goes against the cag code of ethics I would gladly fork over the 59.99 in cash for this game if I didn't have any type of credit or if there wasn't a sale for this game. The uncharted series is that good imo

Anyone try to buy any of their used games online this week? I cannot get my unlocked to work with the buy 2 get 25% off deal. It worked fine with the B2G1 Free deal. I want to get Infamous 2 and Catherine for $31 a piece but the 10% unlocked bonus won't work after you add the 2nd game...guess I need to call CS...ugg.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Eventhough this goes against the cag code of ethics I would gladly fork over the 59.99 in cash for this game if I didn't have any type of credit or if there wasn't a sale for this game. The uncharted series is that good imo[/QUOTE]

^Word

[quote name='cancerman1120']Anyone try to buy any of their used games online this week? I cannot get my unlocked to work with the buy 2 get 25% off deal. It worked fine with the B2G1 Free deal. I want to get Infamous 2 and Catherine for $31 a piece but the 10% unlocked bonus won't work after you add the 2nd game...guess I need to call CS...ugg.[/QUOTE]
Same issue, extra 10% doesn't get applied.

If you do call please post a follow up comment.

[quote name='Ilovecereal']Well not to sound too disheartened to shop at bestbuy by the whole experience, I walked up to customer service and everyone went into hiding except some poor old guy. He spent about 4 minutes looking up the trade in value which he said was only 1$. I went to get some kindle cards, and the manager told me to hold on that the cashier would be right out. I was looking at where she was and she was behind the geek squad "flaps" just looking stuff up on the computer, after a few minutes of waiting I set the cards down and walked out. The manager just looked at me and said "She'll be out in just a few minutes." which was time I really couldn't afford to just wait for when it was convenient for them. I guess it'll be a while before I go back. (it was an amazon copy btw)[/QUOTE]
You really NEED to be more patient when trading into BB, as they're still pretty new at this whole thing. I've had trades take 30-45 minutes before for a handful of games. Yet I stood there the entire time patiently waiting for them to figure things out. I also usually stand there and shoot the shit with the employees to see if they know about upcoming promos or if they could find items that're no longer listed on the website for me that may have clearanced.

Although I have personally experienced the employees seeming to 'hide' before, though there's usually at least 2-3 milling about at customer service and they're almost always manager types, so they really seem to want to do their jobs. The people in media(games/cd's/dvd's) seem to just kinda walk around pretending to do shit and get paid for it.:lol: At least that's what it seems like around here.

Anyway, the final mistake you made was grabbing the Kindle cards right off the bat. I NEVER grab the Kindle cards before the trade-in is done and I receive my gift card. I'll usually browse around the store for 20 minutes after my trade is done before even thinking of grabbing the cards or I'll go to another store in the area for a bit and then come back later for the cards.
[quote name='mr mellow']Where did you buy the copy from? Reason for asking is, there may be copies that were store exclusives with a specific unique bar codes which isn't registering yet in bby's system[/QUOTE]
Best Buy changed their system a little while ago and removed the multiple SKU's/barcodes from their system. Now it's just one listing for each. Otherwise you could technically have gotten away with trading in three of each individual barcode of some games and still be within the yearly limit before.:lol:;)

Technically they SHOULD have manually looked up the game in the system and applied the normal listed trade value for it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Best Buy changed their system a little while ago and removed the multiple SKU's/barcodes from their system. Now it's just one listing for each. Otherwise you could technically have gotten away with trading in three of each individual barcode of some games and still be within the yearly limit before.:lol:;)[/QUOTE]

But thats irrelevant to the issue at hand. If he bought it at say tRu and it had a different UPC and best buy was not aware of that UPC, it could explain why it was showing $1.

Whether best buy combines all batman upcs into one or not, they still need that UPC in their database.

[quote name='twinton']Here's a couple decent Amazon to Best Buy flip/credit transfers -

Nail'd for the 360/PS3 - Amazon is selling it for $9.99 new -> Trades @ BB for $11.00 base ($17.60 after all bonuses)

Michael Jackson The Experience for the PSP - Just 4 Games fulfilled by Amazon is $5.39 new -> Trades @ BB for $6.00 base ($9.60 after all bonuses)[/QUOTE]

The TIV's for both these didn't drop for over a week. I used them as filler to get to $25 when ordering 2 blu-rays. Traded these two but held onto my Best Buy GC since they are having some decent deals on movies plus they offer free shipping unlike Amazon. Searching for fillers to reach $25 can be a pain sometimes. Thanks.

[quote name='musicjunkie']The sheet you sign at the end of the trade-in states 'Upon accepting the compensation, I acknowledge and agree that the transaction is final and cannot be cancelled or rescinded and that no further compensation is owed to me by Bestbuy'. So it doesn't work like a price match or anything and not that I've ever tried but I assume it's the same way at GS. Once you finished the trade-in and sign it's over with.[/QUOTE]

:( oh well i guess. least ill have enough for uncharted

quick question regarding pre-orders (sorry if this was asked). Do I need my receipt to pick up a pre-order or is it all in the system under my name (like Gamestop)?

Thanks, and sorry again if this has already been answered...

[quote name='jj5206']quick question regarding pre-orders (sorry if this was asked). Do I need my receipt to pick up a pre-order or is it all in the system under my name (like Gamestop)?

Thanks, and sorry again if this has already been answered...[/QUOTE]
Need the receipt.

[quote name='confoosious']But thats irrelevant to the issue at hand. If he bought it at say tRu and it had a different UPC and best buy was not aware of that UPC, it could explain why it was showing $1.

Whether best buy combines all batman upcs into one or not, they still need that UPC in their database.[/QUOTE]
But that's when they look it up manually and apply the correct value to the game. Personally I'm getting sick and tired of all of these multiple SKU's/UPC's for games. I mean, I understand the need for multiple UPC's, in that it'll prevent people from buying a copy from BB while their Amazon order ships and then returning the Amazon copy to BB for a refund. Although that didn't stop someone from returning a GS copy of Fallout New Vegas to BB, since the copy I bought from BB had the GS exclusive DLC code voucher in it.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But that's when they look it up manually and apply the correct value to the game. Personally I'm getting sick and tired of all of these multiple SKU's/UPC's for games. I mean, I understand the need for multiple UPC's, in that it'll prevent people from buying a copy from BB while their Amazon order ships and then returning the Amazon copy to BB for a refund. Although that didn't stop someone from returning a GS copy of Fallout New Vegas to BB, since the copy I bought from BB had the GS exclusive DLC code voucher in it.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Yea they can still look it up manually. But that doesn't mean your response wasnt irrelevant to what he was asking and why.

Since I plan on getting Uncharted 3, as well as Battlefield 3. When I go in tomorrow, and trade in my games, can I trade them in towards Uncharted 3 to get the extra trade in, and use the gift card money on Battlefield 3? please help.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Since I plan on getting Uncharted 3, as well as Battlefield 3. When I go in tomorrow, and trade in my games, can I trade them in towards Uncharted 3 to get the extra trade in, and use the gift card money on Battlefield 3? please help.[/QUOTE]

Yes when you tell them you want to pre-order Uncharted 3 they will give you the bonus TIV. Then they'll ask you to put $5 towards Uncharted 3. You can pay the $5 using your credit card. The entire TIV of the games you traded in go into a BB gift card and so you can use that on whatever you want. You can then either let them have the $5 towards Uncharted or cancel it and get your $5 back.

!

Just got back from trading in a bunch of games. I'm going to the midnight release of Battlefield and was gonna trade them in while I was there @ midnight, but then that sinking feeling of having BBuy corporate drop the TIV's on me at midnight before I was able to trade my games in was tooooo much......:whee:

[quote name='confoosious']Yea they can still look it up manually. But that doesn't mean your response wasnt irrelevant to what he was asking and why.[/QUOTE]
My revised answer is kind of relevant.;)

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Technically wrong. If you have a Rewardzone account they can look it up.[/QUOTE]
If it's part of the 5/$100 deal you will indeed need the receipt in order to get proper credit.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Yes when you tell them you want to pre-order Uncharted 3 they will give you the bonus TIV. Then they'll ask you to put $5 towards Uncharted 3. You can pay the $5 using your credit card. The entire TIV of the games you traded in go into a BB gift card and so you can use that on whatever you want. You can then either let them have the $5 towards Uncharted or cancel it and get your $5 back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response!

[quote name='Evolved']If it's part of the 5/$100 deal you will indeed need the receipt in order to get proper credit.[/QUOTE]

They can look up the transaction and print a duplicate receipt, which is what I've had done when I forgot my Batman one at home, and it'll still count. Batman checked off a few days ago.

How long does it usually take to get a reply back from Reward Zone CS in practice? It said 24 hrs and I emailed them on Thursday. I signed up three months ago and never got a card in the mail. Then I signed up for unlocked almost a month ago and never got it credited to my account. Now Arkham City isn't showing up on my 5/$100.

I've had really good experiences in store, though.

Im really hoping that TIV dont tank later today...ive been sweating over since this weekend..well in +13 hrs hopefully we will know..

Is the DLC for Battlefield on a separate card, in the game case or emailed? I wish they would email them because that's so much easier for me.

If you ordered from BB, chances are good that either: A) you won't receive a code at all OR B) if you did receive a code, it won't redeem for the proper DLC

[quote name='C00KIEM0NSTER']Is the DLC for Battlefield on a separate card, in the game case or emailed? I wish they would email them because that's so much easier for me.[/QUOTE]
It is now on the receipt but what the cashier ringing you out has to do is press 'suggested sale (F10)' and another screen pops up on top of POS and then they select your dlc. The code is then printed on the receipt. So you're going to have to make sure the cashier does this (if they say 'but it's $5' just let them know it will package down to 0) and since this new system started with BF3 my bet is 1-2 people in the entire store know about it so cross your fingers that they are working when you pick up your game.

Funny thing is there was an internal memo sent out a couple hours after BF3 hit saying that some of the BB codes that were being printed were actually the AMZ pre-order dlc. Not sure how that works out.

If you did not get your dlc then go back and complain and explain the situation. If you have yet to pick up your copy and plan to do so today make sure you tell them to press F10 when the game is selected and to give you the $5 dlc.

[quote name='musicjunkie']It is now on the receipt but what the cashier ringing you out has to do is press 'suggested sale (F10)' and another screen pops up on top of POS and then they select your dlc. The code is then printed on the receipt. So you're going to have to make sure the cashier does this (if they say 'but it's $5' just let them know it will package down to 0) and since this new system started with BF3 my bet is 1-2 people in the entire store know about it so cross your fingers that they are working when you pick up your game.

Funny thing is there was an internal memo sent out a couple hours after BF3 hit saying that some of the BB codes that were being printed were actually the AMZ pre-order dlc. Not sure how that works out.

If you did not get your dlc then go back and complain and explain the situation. If you have yet to pick up your copy and plan to do so today make sure you tell them to press F10 when the game is selected and to give you the $5 dlc.[/QUOTE]

lol what a mess, did someone from Kmart recently get hired? :bouncy:

hey music I'm baffled that when you pick up a preorder and hand them the slip, they do not just ring the game and then scan the slip to take off $5, what's all this BS about return rebuy, need your DLicense etc...
and I do not have to tell you the DLC should print automatically...if they just tied it to the scan of the $5 preorder slip...

[quote name='donut']lol what a mess, did someone from Kmart recently get hired? :bouncy:

hey music I'm baffled that when you pick up a preorder and hand them the slip, they do not just ring the game and then scan the slip to take off $5, what's all this BS about return rebuy, need your DLicense etc...
and I do not have to tell you the DLC should print automatically...if they just tied it to the scan of the $5 preorder slip...[/QUOTE]
Rolling out a new system days before a major release was their first mistake. The way they communicate it out is the second. By the time everyone understands what's going on it's a month after the release of the game.

[quote name='donut']lol what a mess, did someone from Kmart recently get hired? :bouncy:

and I do not have to tell you the DLC should print automatically...if they just tied it to the scan of the $5 preorder slip...[/QUOTE]
It's Best Buy. Whaddya expect? They have to make shit more complicated than it has to be to see if their employees are awake or not.:lol:

But really they're trying to get this system all set up and probably still experimenting with how to best do it. Hopefully the system is perfected or close to it by the time the Gamer's Club Unlocked thing reaches it's one year milestone.

Picked up my copy of BF3 over lunch and the process went just fine. Granted, I specifically went to the game desk and didn't take a chance with the standard drones at other registers. She was completely in the know and made a point to draw my attention to the code on the receipt.

Now we will see if I got the AMZ code or the BB code when I get home! :roll:

[quote name='musicjunkie']It is now on the receipt but what the cashier ringing you out has to do is press 'suggested sale (F10)' and another screen pops up on top of POS and then they select your dlc. The code is then printed on the receipt. So you're going to have to make sure the cashier does this (if they say 'but it's $5' just let them know it will package down to 0) and since this new system started with BF3 my bet is 1-2 people in the entire store know about it so cross your fingers that they are working when you pick up your game.

If you did not get your dlc then go back and complain and explain the situation. If you have yet to pick up your copy and plan to do so today make sure you tell them to press F10 when the game is selected and to give you the $5 dlc.[/QUOTE]

This is getting ridiculous, online it still said (as of last night still being able to pre-order it) that the DLC will be emailed. Now, how am I supposed to tell if I got the Amazon code or the BB code? I pre-ordered at BB to get that one. They are sure as heck gonna hear from me if it all doesn't go smooth as planned.

[quote name='C00KIEM0NSTER']This is getting ridiculous, online it still said (as of last night still being able to pre-order it) that the DLC will be emailed. Now, how am I supposed to tell if I got the Amazon code or the BB code? I pre-ordered at BB to get that one. They are sure as heck gonna hear from me if it all doesn't go smooth as planned.[/QUOTE]

If you order it from online then it will be emailed. If you go to pick it up at the store you need it on the receipt.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Rolling out a new system days before a major release was their first mistake. The way they communicate it out is the second. By the time everyone understands what's going on it's a month after the release of the game.[/QUOTE]

wait wait new system for preordering games?
lol
BBuys been doing that for YEARS
Pay for the preorder, slip prints, come in to buy game, scan slip to take off $5 and go home and play...
preorder codes? tie them to the preorder slip scan, 5/$100 preorder promo? tie it to the scan of the preorder slip when buying the game...
give me a break, I've been involved with retail POS (point of sale not piece of sheet) for, well let's say my father introduced scanning into a midwest state...so we're talking more years than most members are in age...

[quote name='donut']wait wait new system for preordering games?
lol
BBuys been doing that for YEARS
Pay for the preorder, slip prints, come in to buy game, scan slip to take off $5 and go home and play...
preorder codes? tie them to the preorder slip scan, 5/$100 preorder promo? tie it to the scan of the preorder slip when buying the game...
give me a break, I've been involved with retail POS (point of sale not piece of sheet) for, well let's say my father introduced scanning into a midwest state...so we're talking more years than most members are in age...[/QUOTE]

If you ever talk to BBY employees that actually know about programming. Their system is completely and utterly crap. BBY has decided to not update their system for many, many years and now they wonder why all this can't be easily linked.

It literally has been bad coding, put on bad coding that was put on an extremely fault ridden base.

The only reason their return system is as good as it is, is because an outside company deals with tracking and supplements BBY on their return system.

While I agree that what you suggest should be done, I have been on the short end of the
Programming stick where the best that I can hope to produce is a POS (and that is piece of sheet). Sadly I think the only way they can get this running smoothly on the systems side is to pony up the dough. Which I don't see happening.

Now since they know that, they should educate their employees much better. I would have all employees that can run a register to not be allowed to go to work until they have at least read the procedure memo and/or are trained properly on preorder bonuses.

bread's done
Back