Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, De Blob 2 dropped from $15 -> $7.

I knew the odds of it holding were slim, but I was really looking forward to using my three copies I got from Walmart for $30. Figured $32 (after tax) -> $72 was great, but alas, wasn't meant to be.

Guess I'll be going to Walmart when said games arrive and turning around to return them two seconds later.

[quote name='mattcube64']LOL, De Blob 2 dropped from $15 -> $7.

I knew the odds of it holding were slim, but I was really looking forward to using my three copies I got from Walmart for $30. Figured $32 (after tax) -> $72 was great, but alas, wasn't meant to be.

Guess I'll be going to Walmart when said games arrive and turning around to return them two seconds later.[/QUOTE]

I was amazed it held that long. Newegg had it for $12 for weeks.

[quote name='mattcube64']LOL, De Blob 2 dropped from $15 -> $7.

Guess I'll be going to Walmart when said games arrive and turning around to return them two seconds later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Was going to buy some from GS to flip some credit today.. what luck.

mattcube64, just don't pick up the games from walmart. i did the same flip and it said it would be at store soon, but i guess not soon enough. if you don't pick it up in a few days they refund payment.

also, wow crysis 2 $2... ugh. where do i unload these now?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I was amazed it held that long. Newegg had it for $12 for weeks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that and didn't take the plunge because returns with NewEgg are a lot more difficult than with Walmart.

Alas, wasn't meant to be. No biggie. Congrats to anyone who got on that.

Can't believe they dropped Crysis 2 to $2. What a joke. lol

[quote name='Velo214']mattcube64, just don't pick up the games from walmart. i did the same flip and it said it would be at store soon, but i guess not soon enough. if you don't pick it up in a few days they refund payment.

also, wow crysis 2 $2... ugh. where do i unload these now?[/QUOTE]

Happen to know how many days they hold the items? If it's just a day or two, no problem. But I'd rather spend ten minutes of my time doing the return if they're gonna hold onto my money for a week or longer.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

How many times does it have to be said before folks understand it? If ya already have games in hand and there's 20 minutes till the store closes and it'll take you 10 minutes to get there, park the car and get into the store, you should still try and do your trades before they close because you never know when they're gonna nuke the tiv's.:booty::razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How many times does it have to be said before folks understand it? If ya already have games in hand and there's 20 minutes till the store closes and it'll take you 10 minutes to get there, park the car and get into the store, you should still try and do your trades before they close because you never know when they're gonna nuke the tiv's.:booty::razz:[/QUOTE]

I get off work between 8-8:30 and my local BBY has come to know that us when I come in to trade in my games. They were training a new girl when I walked up and they literally said "yeh always leave your register open here because this guy has a habit of walking in late" then she laughed.

BBY actually stays open an hour after their closing time for customers that are already in the store. No one else can come in after 9pm but they don't hurry customers till a little after 9:30. I love that they do this and at least at my store they are cool with it.

I never wait a day if I have the games in hand. I simply view it as an investment. If I want my money back then I need to find time to trade them in. If I don't have time then I don't try the trade. unless it's over 125% profit as games rarely drop that much that quickly, but it happens. Crysis 2 is a prime example.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How many times does it have to be said before folks understand it? If ya already have games in hand and there's 20 minutes till the store closes and it'll take you 10 minutes to get there, park the car and get into the store, you should still try and do your trades before they close because you never know when they're gonna nuke the tiv's.:booty::razz:[/QUOTE]
Not efficient, I just have the games shipped to bestbuy and have the reps receive it :lol:

[quote name='kouleefoh']Not efficient, I just have the games shipped to bestbuy and have the reps receive it :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...

I think you just won this thread...

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Hmmm...

I think you just won this thread...[/QUOTE]
Thank you, thank you! I'd like to thank my parents and god. :lol:

it took 35 fucking minutes to trade in 1 fucking disc only game at customer service now that trade ins are no longer done in the games dept. sooooooo lame.

on a positive note, after the 10% coupon code and my bb gift cards,
my Skyrim CE came out to $9.62. :D

[quote name='technicalstylez']it took 35 fucking minutes to trade in 1 fucking disc only game at customer service now that trade ins are no longer done in the games dept. sooooooo lame.

on a positive note, after the 10% coupon code and my bb gift cards,
my Skyrim CE came out to $9.62. :D[/QUOTE]

uh oh - which store does this now?

yeah iv been trying to lock them in elsewhere because it seems they are checking lockins i presume to find which games to nuke, but idk de blob2 from 33-66 was gonna be nice, oh wellz. it could still be 33-45 but i think ill just let it go away.

When BBY drops their TIVs, it looks like they drop them to be in line with either AMZ or GS's value for them.

So I mean even if you lock in on AMZ, that's probably gonna screw someone over in the end -.-

[quote name='kouleefoh']Not efficient, I just have the games shipped to bestbuy and have the reps receive it :lol:[/QUOTE]
Back when I was doing some flipping to places that required me to mail stuff in, I had considered having Amazon and the other companies I was buying them from ship them directly to the places I was sending them to with a 'gift note' that would include my trade in ID# and what not on the packing slip or a seperate slip of paper.:lol::applause:

I never did it though.:cry:

I did a trade-in while I was picking up my preorder. I used the mobile 10% coupon that is floating around here. All I had to do was show them my iphone.
They took off 10% off my preorder game and in addition they also took 10% off the deposit as well for my new preorder. So only had to put down $4.50 for it. Kind of unexpected, hehe..

Shiiiit, I was going to trade in a bunch of stuff but I just checked and saw the values have all plummeted within a few days. It was nice while it lasted but it looks like I'm done with BB again. Between not getting RZ points for any of the transactions with my trade in credit and these lowered TIV's there's just no reason to be shopping here anymore.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Wow i thought you were trolling at first haha, that's going to suck for the people who bought Transformers from gamefly to flip. No way the received them in time. The PS3 version is still at $18 so i guess a lot of people locked in the 360 version online. And Crysis 2 for $2 is a joke.[/QUOTE]

Blame Gamefly nightly deals. They used to be a blessing.

Now they're a nightmare.

If you see any games your gonna trade in on sale there get rid of them ASAP.

Should note Tranformers: DoTM 360 copies were the only ones on sale.
Not PS3 or Wii, and as always only the 360 copies dropped.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Blame Gamefly nightly deals. They used to be a blessing.

Now they're a nightmare.

If you see any games your gonna trade in on sale there get rid of them ASAP.

Should note Tranformers: DoTM 360 copies were the only ones on sale.
Not PS3 or Wii, and as always only the 360 copies dropped.[/QUOTE]

Too many people/lurkers are locking in trades online, especially them slickdeutschbag.

Quick question about trade-ins and the 50% bonus purchase for MW3:

If I have two games to trade in, do I get the 50% bonus for both, or do they only let you use one game+bonus for each single purchase of MW3?

[quote name='christophermurakami']Quick question about trade-ins and the 50% bonus purchase for MW3:

If I have two games to trade in, do I get the 50% bonus for both, or do they only let you use one game+bonus for each single purchase of MW3?[/QUOTE]

Quick answer: read the OP.

[quote name='christophermurakami']Quick question about trade-ins and the 50% bonus purchase for MW3:

If I have two games to trade in, do I get the 50% bonus for both, or do they only let you use one game+bonus for each single purchase of MW3?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

[quote name='Daring']Too many people/lurkers are locking in trades online, especially them slickdeutschbag.[/QUOTE]

That and id say gamefly switching up their shipping system. Used to be 2 being sent via priority mail,
with priority i got games the next day. (Live close to one of their hubs) evein if the games were coming from texas.

Now with fedex, its always >5

Do you guys think Best Buy would have a 50% bonus trade in for LoZ: Skyward Sword soon? I'm lookin to flip a couple of my games for it.

[quote name='JzN86']Do you guys think Best Buy would have a 50% bonus trade in for LoZ: Skyward Sword soon? I'm lookin to flip a couple of my games for it.[/QUOTE]

If Best Buy continues to follow their pattern of offering the 50% trade-in bonus towards [X game that comes out the week after], then I'm thinking we should see the 50% bonus towards LoZ: SS from 11/13-11/19.

Though nobody can be sure until the promo updates happen on 11/13.

EDIT: I would still advise trading in as soon as possible rather than waiting, incase trade-in values tank. As far as I know, you can apply your trade-in towards (say) an Assassin's Creed pre-order (for the 50% bonus), and then switch your pre-order to Zelda later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hatback']If Best Buy continues to follow their pattern of offering the 50% trade-in bonus towards [X game that comes out the week after], then I'm thinking we should see the 50% bonus towards LoZ: SS from 11/13-11/19.

Though nobody can be sure until the promo updates happen on 11/13.

EDIT: I would still advise trading in as soon as possible rather than waiting, incase trade-in values tank. As far as I know, you can apply your trade-in towards (say) an Assassin's Creed pre-order (for the 50% bonus), and then switch your pre-order to Zelda later on.[/QUOTE]

BB seems to be the only retailer still taking pre orders for the CE too.

Well I got screwed. Bought Sengoku Basura Samurai or whatever from Amazon today because it had the same base tiv as I was paying + the 60% extra, turns out the price dropped from like 11 or 12, all the way to 3 just now. That sucks. Now I can't return it. :(

[quote name='Mahoney07']Do you guys think many Best Buys still have midnight openings for Assassin's Creed and Halo Anniversary on November 15th?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

AC:R
SR3
H:CEA

They will be open and ready to take your money.

[quote name='Mahoney07']Do you guys think many Best Buys still have midnight openings for Assassin's Creed and Halo Anniversary on November 15th?[/QUOTE]

every bb is different so its best to check for yourself.

heres some quick directions:

bestbuy.com>store locator>enter zip code>find your store and click hours/directions&events> any special events/midnight releases will be listed at the bottom of the page under events.

hope that helps.

There was a post a few pages back in regards to raising a red flag for trading in multiple games. I had 3 games I bought from GS to get the extra 50% bump. 2 of the games were the same game and the other a PS2 game. After they input my info something popped up on the screen to have the employee call a number. Wasn't able to trade in the games.

Not sure if it's because two games were the same or because of my past trades. Hope that helps someone.

[quote name='intoxicates']There was a post a few pages back in regards to raising a red flag for trading in multiple games. I had 3 games I bought from GS to get the extra 50% bump. 2 of the games were the same game and the other a PS2 game. After they input my info something popped up on the screen to have the employee call a number. Wasn't able to trade in the games.

Not sure if it's because two games were the same or because of my past trades. Hope that helps someone.[/QUOTE]

This worries me. Has anyone successfully trade more than 3 of a single game? I mean over their lifetime of trades at BB, not just a single visit.

[quote name='intoxicates']There was a post a few pages back in regards to raising a red flag for trading in multiple games. I had 3 games I bought from GS to get the extra 50% bump. 2 of the games were the same game and the other a PS2 game. After they input my info something popped up on the screen to have the employee call a number. Wasn't able to trade in the games.

Not sure if it's because two games were the same or because of my past trades. Hope that helps someone.[/QUOTE]

if this was true im thinkin a lot of other traders/flippers on here would have gotten the same message...i know i've traded in lots of games and the employees never got that message

[quote name='animemaniac14']if this was true im thinkin a lot of other traders/flippers on here would have gotten the same message...i know i've traded in lots of games and the employees never got that message[/QUOTE]

when was the last time you traded? maybe it's new.

Wow, that Crysis 2 drop really is a little extreme. That's "regular customers going to a different store" bad. Hell Amazon is still offering $9 (which I just locked it to be safe). Picked up the game cause I want to play it and $10 was a good price, but certainly hadn't expect an 80% drop in TIV.

Time to start my gaming marathon and empty out this backlog a bit.

not only is my backlog messing me up but i keep getting new AAA games as well...

yeah crysis 2 for $2 is hilarious. I locked it in @ amazon also, but for $10 I might just give it to some buds for extra christmas presents. its no mw3/bf3 but its otay ;)

i was gonna trade my personal copy in but i didnt want to get stuck with a scratched up chipped gamefly disk as my keeper. (just got package before i left for work today with 2 crysis 2/ cartels / dw7's) oh well. and i got my free nba 2k12, but thats 25/40 w bonus, so hopefully it doesnt drop at all. i read the reviews and it got some 10's but i really hate sports games, lol.

peace all

[quote name='confoosious']when was the last time you traded? maybe it's new.[/QUOTE]
Tried to trade in my games on Wednesday the 9th, before I picked up my MW 3. It sounded like there were others that received the same message because when the employee asked the rep on the phone, they seemed to know right away, asking the employee if it had to do with a trade in.

I've done multiple trades in the past and did not pick up some pre-orders at other stores. One store tried to make me do a pre-order for every 10 games I traded in. Another store did not know their policy (should have sued them for the trouble) and did not honor a bonus until after I went back 3 times and called customer relations, so I stopped trading there as well. I did all my business at one specific store because they didn't do any of the BS the other stores did. Picked up and purchased all my pre-orders from that one store that didn't make me feel like they were ripping me off or treating me like I was doing something wrong.

Long stories...been through a lot with BB.

Damn, tried to do some flipping today and got denied. I never knew they had your trade in history when they pull up your account although in my defense this is the first time I have tried trading in more than 3 copies of a game. Bummer. The guy knew I had traded in two copies already and at what store too.

[quote name='Brenex']Damn, tried to do some flipping today and got denied. I never knew they had your trade in history when they pull up your account although in my defense this is the first time I have tried trading in more than 3 copies of a game. Bummer. The guy knew I had traded in two copies already and at what store too.[/QUOTE]

denied the whole trade or just the ones you traded more than 3 of?

[quote name='Brenex']Damn, tried to do some flipping today and got denied. I never knew they had your trade in history when they pull up your account although in my defense this is the first time I have tried trading in more than 3 copies of a game. Bummer. The guy knew I had traded in two copies already and at what store too.[/QUOTE]

So before a shit storm erupts in the thread, just to clarify: you had previously traded in two copies of a game, and today you went to trade in 2 more and were denied since it would be more than 3, correct?

I imagine this could be a cross-program thing, course it could also just be one store being really on top of their shit. Either way, we know that sooner or later the limits will start to be imposed, so no real big surprise.

bread's done
Back