Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DerClaw']If I could get my mortgage-holder to take payment in amazon gift cards this could be doable ;)[/QUOTE]
Only a matter of time til Amazon gets into real estate.

Trade values on almost all good flips plummeted about 1 hours ago. I still say they update at Midnight Tuesday. Homefront now $10, Portal 2 now $15, etc, etc...

[quote name='kingwormer']Trade values on almost all good flips plummeted about 1 hours ago. I still say they update at Midnight Tuesday. Homefront now $10, Portal 2 now $15, etc, etc...[/QUOTE]

Nooooo....

History Channel Great Battles Medieval $18 -> $12...

Fortunately I was done with that one ;).

Also: Driver SF $28 -> $16

[quote name='io']History Channel Great Battles Medieval $18 -> $12...

Also: Driver SF $28 -> $16[/QUOTE]

DAMMIT I held on too driver for too long :cry:
That was to be expected though..

Hopefully I can get my copy of Bulletstorm back from a friend BEFORE that shit drops too. Right now I'm making back what I paid for it over a month ago from EA after the 50% promo n GCU.

It sucks about the D: SF value dropping, but I can only imagine how many copies they saw come right back into their stores after being bought for $30 each after @Gamer coupon.:lol:

lol, nice D BB. Stuck w/ order from GF, now have to intercept orders from Amazon. Wonder if I'm not home, can I bring them to B&M UPS to refuse?

[quote name='io']History Channel Great Battles Medieval $18 -> $12...

Also: Driver SF $28 -> $16[/QUOTE]

That History flip was awesome!

28 to 16 wow now that's a drop! Jeez..

[quote name='kingwormer']Trade values on almost all good flips plummeted about 1 hours ago. I still say they update at Midnight Tuesday. Homefront now $10, Portal 2 now $15, etc, etc...[/QUOTE]fuck you BB! At least now I have more of an incentive to run through Homefront before I flip it, I don't see it's TIV dropping any lower anytime soon.

[quote name='tepro']lol, nice D BB. Stuck w/ order from GF, now have to intercept orders from Amazon. Wonder if I'm not home, can I bring them to B&M UPS to refuse?[/QUOTE]

For UPS, if you're not home to refuse delivery I believe you need to call their 1-800 number and arrange for them to come by your address to pick it up.

[quote name='KtMack23']What was the value of that history game? I see it coming up at $18 TIV[/QUOTE]

You have to use the "pop-up" estimator to get the most up-to-date values. It is the same for Driver and all the rest I assume. The "main" estimator will show the lower prices soon enough.

By pop-up I mean once you go to the trade-in page on bestbuy.com, go to the left and under "Trade-In Tools" there is a "Video Game Estimator".

Is there a way to list games on the estimator by tiv instead of alphabetic. Seems like it would be more helpful. Sorry if this has been asked. And for people doing massive flips, those games mostly from b&m stores or online, cause I'm thinking ill have to start ordering online if I want to make a decent profit

[quote name='io']You have to use the "pop-up" estimator to get the most up-to-date values. It is the same for Driver and all the rest I assume. The "main" estimator will show the lower prices soon enough.

By pop-up I mean once you go to the trade-in page on bestbuy.com, go to the left and under "Trade-In Tools" there is a "Video Game Estimator".[/QUOTE]

Can't do that now cause I'm on my phone, anyone want to check the TIV of nfs hot pursuit for me? Thanks

[quote name='io']You have to use the "pop-up" estimator to get the most up-to-date values. It is the same for Driver and all the rest I assume. The "main" estimator will show the lower prices soon enough.

By pop-up I mean once you go to the trade-in page on bestbuy.com, go to the left and under "Trade-In Tools" there is a "Video Game Estimator".[/QUOTE]

Yesterday it was going to be $28.80 after the additional 60% bonuses

[quote name='WV Matsui']Yesterday it was going to be $28.80 after the additional 60% bonuses[/QUOTE]

But what about today after all the drops.... :O

[quote name='KtMack23']Can't do that now cause I'm on my phone, anyone want to check the TIV of nfs hot pursuit for me? Thanks[/QUOTE]It's still at $18.

[quote name='io']Also: Driver SF $28 -> $16[/QUOTE]
Soon as the coupon started working I was there and traded it back in.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Does the extra 10% get added when they add your RZ Unlocked card?

Or do you have to ask for the 10%?[/QUOTE]
Long as you're Unlocked is active they will enter your RZ # and the system will confirm if it is. At the slight chance you're in the same situation as me (activated Unlocked 2 weeks ago and have yet for it to show up on RZ site) just bring in your receipt and it should be ok.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Soon as the coupon started working I was there and traded it back in.

Long as you're Unlocked is active they will enter your RZ # and the system will confirm if it is. At the slight chance you're in the same situation as me (activated Unlocked 2 weeks ago and have yet for it to show up on RZ site) just bring in your receipt and it should be ok.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='kingwormer']Trade values on almost all good flips plummeted about 1 hours ago. I still say they update at Midnight Tuesday. Homefront now $10, Portal 2 now $15, etc, etc...[/QUOTE]

That's f'ing amazing! Just received my order from Amazon warehouse today for 2 copies of Homefront I was going to trade them in when it was still $16 a piece and $24 if used the promo. Had planned on building on to the BB credit I currently have so I would have enough to qualify for their "pre-order and buy 5 games and get a $100 gift card. However, this is enough to make me just stick with Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Homefront so that I could play it (then trade it in) so no big loss for me on that one (happy any time I break even or more for a game I actually want to play) and luckily the game I did pick up for flip purposes stayed the same. And I'm not surprised Driver dropped that much, too many people were litterally buying and trading in right away, I'm sure it caught their attention quick.

Heads up for those planning to trade Deus Ex, with a @gamer coupon for it next week might see a significant drop on that (not like the $1 drop that it got last night).

Still no X-men: Destiny or Gunstringer though (Fifa 12 has finally be added though). Find it a little concerning that certain new games just aren't being added to the system at all.

I figured Homefront was going to drop. Still make a minor profit on the copies from Amazon. Not great as if it was before dropping to $10, but a BB->AMZ->BB flip for profit is still better than having to use cash. AMZ 2-day turned into 3-day, had I got my games yesterday I wouldnt be losing out $30.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I picked up Homefront so that I could play it (then trade it in) so no big loss for me on that one (happy any time I break even or more for a game I actually want to play) and luckily the game I did pick up for flip purposes stayed the same. And I'm not surprised Driver dropped that much, too many people were litterally buying and trading in right away, I'm sure it caught their attention quick.

Heads up for those planning to trade Deus Ex, with a @gamer coupon for it next week might see a significant drop on that (not like the $1 drop that it got last night).

Still no X-men: Destiny or Gunstringer though (Fifa 12 has finally be added though). Find it a little concerning that certain new games just aren't being added to the system at all.[/QUOTE]

For games not listed on their webpage, you can always go in and have them scan it. I did that with :ps3: Star Ocean Last Hope International as it wasnt listed on their estimator.

[quote name='Velo214']nice nfs still holding...
god of war origins is up for 21, that's good.
sucks about driver/homefront/everything else.
peace all[/QUOTE]

thanks for ruining my fuckn day....

[quote name='Velo214']nice nfs still holding...
god of war origins is up for 21, that's good.
sucks about driver/homefront/everything else.
peace all[/QUOTE]

so what you're saying is take advantage of origins for $60 and trade back in for $72? Okay if you say so.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']so what you're saying is take advantage of origins for $60 and trade back in for $72? Okay if you say so.[/QUOTE]

$72? Wouldn't it be $21 x 1.6 = 33.60 x 2 = 67.20?

Two Worlds II at Gamefly for $10 -> 15 base + 60% at BB. Eh, eh?! That just popped out at me. Don't kill me if I'm wrong! D;

Edit: Scratch this, it's out of stock...

[quote name='cheapfrag']$72? Wouldn't it be $21 x 1.6 = 33.60 x 2 = 67.20?[/QUOTE]

Ahh I realize my error I somehow hit .8 instead of 0.6 thanks for clearing that up for me!

[quote name='ralph10']Two Worlds II at Gamefly for $10 -> 15 base + 60% at BB. Eh, eh?! That just popped out at me. Don't kill me if I'm wrong! D;

Edit: Scratch this, it's out of stock...[/QUOTE]

And by the time you receive it in the mail it will drop in TIV again.

Ugh I'm really starting to hate Best Buy. I trade in all the time and seem to have problems no matter which store I go to or what I'm doing. I signed up for Gamer's Club Unlocked on the 12th, and it's still not reflecting on my account. I've spent hours with customer service being transferred around to 8 different people only to tell me they can't do anything. I've called the store and they told me they don't know why this problem is happening but it seems to be common and that I should contact customer service. Top that with the fact that I'm denied price matches left and right... I'm thinking all my credit is going right to gift cards.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Ahh I realize my error I somehow hit .8 instead of 0.6 thanks for clearing that up for me![/QUOTE]

I expected better from a self-proclaimed "Godly" person.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Ugh I'm really starting to hate Best Buy. I trade in all the time and seem to have problems no matter which store I go to or what I'm doing. I signed up for Gamer's Club Unlocked on the 12th, and it's still not reflecting on my account. I've spent hours with customer service being transferred around to 8 different people only to tell me they can't do anything. I've called the store and they told me they don't know why this problem is happening but it seems to be common and that I should contact customer service. Top that with the fact that I'm denied price matches left and right... I'm thinking all my credit is going right to gift cards.[/QUOTE]
did they scan your reward zone membership when they go through the unlocking?

I apologize if someone had already mentioned this but for anyone who has or is planning to buy games from GF's sale to flip at BB. Keep in in mind that the 50% promo ends on Sunday, so unless your paying extra for faster shipping the trade ins wont be nearly as high.

[quote name='nakanenui']I figured Homefront was going to drop. Still make a minor profit on the copies from Amazon. Not great as if it was before dropping to $10, but a BB->AMZ->BB flip for profit is still better than having to use cash. AMZ 2-day turned into 3-day, had I got my games yesterday I wouldnt be losing out $30.

For games not listed on their webpage, you can always go in and have them scan it. I did that with :ps3: Star Ocean Last Hope International as it wasnt listed on their estimator.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Amazon's 2day screwed me on my 2 copies of Homefront. I might just Ebay them now since I have plenty of BB credit. Does not seem like it is worth the drive to make $1 credit on each game.

dudeimgodly, i bought sotc/ico and gow origins to play. got them for 60. ill be super happy to get 4 plats and flip it even. or even 2 ;) peace bro
i actually try to play/plat most of the games i flip, im not doing this just for pennies.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Same here. Amazon's 2day screwed me on my 2 copies of Homefront. I might just Ebay them now since I have plenty of BB credit. Does not seem like it is worth the drive to make $1 credit on each game.[/QUOTE]

Seems like the gig is up for flipping. I am upset about homefront. I planned on keeping one copy and trading the other making the one I keep almost free.

I see the same thing happening for NFS.

I have never returned anything to amazon but I think I will for homefront.

Do you know how hard it is to return items to amazon? (the process)

[quote name='nakanenui']I figured Homefront was going to drop. Still make a minor profit on the copies from Amazon. Not great as if it was before dropping to $10, but a BB->AMZ->BB flip for profit is still better than having to use cash. AMZ 2-day turned into 3-day, had I got my games yesterday I wouldnt be losing out $30.

For games not listed on their webpage, you can always go in and have them scan it. I did that with :ps3: Star Ocean Last Hope International as it wasnt listed on their estimator.[/QUOTE]

The Gunstringer doesn't come up in their system, I had them check. You'll only get $1 for it, which is their generic Xbox 360 game option. Meanwhile Amazon was offering $20 as of yesterday (when I locked my value in). I actually emailed the trade in people about it and got a fairly generic email back.

X-men Destiny is the 2nd new game I've found in the last couple of weeks that they have neglected to add (at least to their online system).

[quote name='foreinter']Driver San Francisco TIV dropped to $16 and Homefront Dropped to $10. Good job guys.[/QUOTE]

While you may be able to blame "us" on the Homefront drop I am not so sure about Driver. When you sell the game for $30 it would be pretty stupid to keep your trade value at $28. I am sure there were some turn flips but BB did this with Hunted and Brink pretty fast after the coupons were released. We just have to face the facts BB is getting better at their trade process. They still have been offering better deals overall but the profit taking is just harder now.

[quote name='hustletron']Does BB not sell Kindle cards anymore?? I traded my games in today and there were none to be found, not even a place holder.[/QUOTE]

Does BB even sell Kindle cards in FL?

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Ugh I'm really starting to hate Best Buy. I trade in all the time and seem to have problems no matter which store I go to or what I'm doing. I signed up for Gamer's Club Unlocked on the 12th, and it's still not reflecting on my account. I've spent hours with customer service being transferred around to 8 different people only to tell me they can't do anything. I've called the store and they told me they don't know why this problem is happening but it seems to be common and that I should contact customer service. Top that with the fact that I'm denied price matches left and right... I'm thinking all my credit is going right to gift cards.[/QUOTE]
This is why I have no issues with cancelling the pre-orders I've just made a week earlier and not keeping one dime of the credit I'm getting from BB at BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back