Best Buy Trade-In Values 02/11/2006

I saw a list of updated sale prices at my local BB, they had an amazing price for Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, it was 5.99 or 7.99. It was something insane, so if your BB has it, I suggest you pick it up for the great price.

[quote name='andrew333']i mainly feel bad that the OP has some serious updating to do lol :)[/QUOTE]

No worries. I actually kind of enjoy it. It's been a busy couple of days, so my plan is to add everything tomorrow during my lunch break.

Thanks for all the new prices everyone. :)

Trade in values today:
Xbox- Far Cry Instincts $14
Fight Night Round 2 $12
GBA- Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls $12.60
Metroid(nes) $5
Castlevania(nes) $8.25
PSP- Virtua Tennis $9.50

Also, if you are a reward Zone member they are giving an extra 10% value on your gift card!
So Damanthia, there's 3 more games to add to the list. Fight Night,Metroid and Castlevania.

Here's a few more trade in values

PS2

Ape Escape 2- 7.50
Constantine- 7.00
Beyond Good and Evil- 4.00
Rogue Ops- 4.00

XBOX

KOTOR 2- 7.50
Rallisport Challenge- 3.75
Project Gotham Racing- 2.80

[quote name='eraser813']
Also, if you are a reward Zone member they are giving an extra 10% value on your gift card!
[/QUOTE]

Which BB is this at? I did not see an advertisement at the Riverside one.

Star Soldier (N64) - $1.60. Anyone gotten a different price for an N64 game? Even Ocarina of Time and Mario Kart 64 were marked $3.99 in the rack. I'm kicking myself for passing them up.

Klonoa 2 (PS2) - $14.00
Nightmare of Druaga (PS2) - $7.50
Bust-A-Move 3000 (GCN) - $16.50 (THIS GAME IS RARE. DO NOT TRADE IT IN!)
F1 2002 (GCN) - $6.50 (also rare, not as much though)
Super Mario 64 DS (NDS) - $9.00

[quote name='sonarrat']
Super Mario 64 DS (NDS) - $9.00[/QUOTE]

I hope you didn't trade this in - I'd gladly give you more than that for it.

The OP has been updated for all prices posted up to this point. Sorry it took so long, but it was a long list, and work has been pretty bad the last few weeks.

[quote name='sonarrat']Even Ocarina of Time and Mario Kart 64 were marked $3.99 in the rack. [/QUOTE]

I've grabbed a fair amount of N64 and Dreamcast games for $3.99, including a mint complete Skies of Arcadia on my last trip. I'm continually shocked at what people will trade in for what Best Buy pays for some of this stuff.

Took a bunch of games to trade in today, and the results were disappointing. I only traded in MR4 out of this bunch.

Monster Rancher 4 (PS2) - $30.00
MS Saga (PS2) - $21.50

Disney Sports Football (GCN) - $9.00
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GCN) - $20.00

Final Fantasy Anthology (PSX) - $1.60
Lemmings & Oh No! More Lemmings (PSX) - not in system
Suikoden II (PSX) - not in system

Has anyone actually purchased used games at Best Buy? Besides the rare find of older games, I have never purchased used games there.

I've never purchased a used game at Best Buy. I've traded in a heck of alot though! Sonarrat, did u get Monster Rancher 4 at a good price? If so, where so I can hook it up like you did. Thanks.

OP updated.

I have purchased a few things there, but mostly older, rare, or really cheap stuff.

I always make a point to open it up in store to check out what the disk looks like before heading home. Since they'll take stuff in almost any condition, some of the disks I've gotten look horrible. I've been told there is a 14-day return window for the used games.

thanks damanthia for updating the OP. I'm looking for some hidden gems at GR that'll be worth some good credit at Best Buy. Will post here when it happens.

Checked on a couple of games today, Timesplitters Future Perfect is 16.50 for GC and $16 for Xbox. Does anyone know what Men of Valor(xbox) is worth?

What we really need is just another major clearance in order to really get back in the swing of things... thanks everyone for continuing to post prices!

I stopped in BB yesterday and out of curiosity I had the trade-in guy check a few prices for some XBox360 games:

King Kong $21
RR6 $23
DOA4 $24

Can anyone check these games trade-in prices for me (actually my cousin)

Sly 3
NFSU2 (PS2)

Thanks. Orland store keeps putting me on hold and dropping me.

I was at Best Buy yesterday and noticed that they had a sign up saying that you get an extra $5 per xbox360 game you trade in on top of the trade value. Just FYI guys and gals.

Some trade-in values at Best Buy:

Gun (PS2) - $7.50
Ghosthunter (PS2) - $7.00
Kameo (360) - $17.00
DQVIII (PS2) - $12.50

I got quotes from Best Buy, GS, and Blockbuster before deciding to trade them in at GS.

$20 each for Call of Duty 2, Quake 4 and Perfect Dark Zero. Sucks compared to Gamerush and the extra $5 bonus is over.

Trade-in Values as of 7/8/06

DS

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent - $12.50
Ridge Racer - $5.50
Zoo Keeper - $4.50

GC

Baten Kaitos - $4.00
Bratz: Rock Angelz - $7.00
DragonBall Z Sagas - $6.00
Killer 7 - $5.00
State of Emergency 2 - $9.00

PS2

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds - $6.00
Champions: Return To Arms - $6.00
DragonBall Z Budokai - $1.50
The Getaway: Black Monday - $1.50
Rise of the Kasai - $4.00
RTX Red Rock - $4.00

PSP

Smart Bomb - $9.50

XBX

Advent Rising - $8.50
Driv3r - $2.50
Far Cry Instincts - $7.50
Gun Valkyrie - $2.50
Leisure Suit Larry - $6.00
Max Payne 2 - $2.50
Psi-Ops - $6.00
Phantom Dust - $7.50
SSX Tricky - $4.00
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury - $3.50

*sigh*

guess best buy got wise and realized that the games they gave good values for aren't worth the credit they gave... like 30 bucks for robocop for the xbox :whistle2:O

[quote name='ITDEFX']*sigh*

guess best buy got wise and realized that the games they gave good values for aren't worth the credit they gave... like 30 bucks for robocop for the xbox :whistle2:O[/QUOTE]

Have faith! The fact that I got $16.50 for MS4+5 tells me that they're still using the old pricing scheme, which means there are still games out there that trade for $30... we've just got to put out some effort to actually find them :) Admittedly, this thread has been pretty lax in recent months in reporting trade-in values, something I hope we'll change.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Have faith! The fact that I got $16.50 for MS4+5 tells me that they're still using the old pricing scheme, which means there are still games out there that trade for $30... we've just got to put out some effort to actually find them :) Admittedly, this thread has been pretty lax in recent months in reporting trade-in values, something I hope we'll change.[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt that BB has plenty of hidden gems when it comes to trade in value, but the fact is everytime I go to BB to trade in games it becomes an ordeal.

It takes me like an hour to trade in 5 games, because they always give me the run around when they dont know how to trade in games, or they have to find the ONE person in the whole store that knows how to trade in games, and when that one person actually comes to do the trades, you find out that you're better off getting on that computer and doing the trade yourself, because the person is border-line retarded.

Sorry I had to rant, but the last time 2 times I went to BB, I couldn't trade games, both times they had to look for person who knew how to do trades, and after 20 mins of waiting, they found out the person went to lunch.

fuck Best Buy.

if it weren't for free 5 dollar games, I'd never come back. CC for life!

Hey...finally have some prices to report: (from 7/30)

Madden 2006 XB360- $6.50 (ouch)
Blitz: The League XB- $7.50
Resident Evil 4 PS2- $18

I should be trading more in as the school year starts...but until then...enjoy!

From 7/27

DS

GoldenEye: Rogue Agent - $9.50 (down from $12.50)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - $5.00

GC

Scooby-Doo Unmasked - $7.00
SpongeBob Square Pants Movie - $7.50

PS2

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - $1.00
Unison - $4.00

XBX

Scooby-Doo Unmasked - $7.50
Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space - $6.00
Splinter Cell - $1.50
Kabuki Fighters - $2.00