Best Buy-Trade ins NATIONWIDE Starts 10/02

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey guys!

I was at my local store today and I was told that BB stores ACROSS CANADA will start Taking Trade INS.

Take your games to Customer Service.

PS2/3/360/wii/ds/psp games accepted.

Tried a few games...tivs are the same as FS

Hm... this might prove to be a great alternative to me trading games in to EB. I like BB much more than EB, though if the whole trade-in system is frustrating and time-consuming (like that of FS), then maybe its just not worth it.

Take them to customer service? wow, that could be a very long wait a times. Though customer service at FS/BB can be entertainment in itself with the right customer having a fit about something

[quote name='zoro69']Take them to customer service? wow, that could be a very long wait a times. Though customer service at FS/BB can be entertainment in itself with the right customer having a fit about something[/QUOTE]

I think FS is better for that sort of thing: if you're lucky, you may spot an RFD'er trying to argue for his $99 360 Elite. Well, I guess you could also spot one at BB trying to price-match it.

In terms of trade ins, the one i went to gave me no problems when i was trading in games & then price matching mario kart wii x3

[quote name='gamer602']
Tried a few games...tivs are the same as FS[/QUOTE]

Super lame.

[quote name='spzero']Hm... this might prove to be a great alternative to me trading games in to EB. I like BB much more than EB, though if the whole trade-in system is frustrating and time-consuming (like that of FS), then maybe its just not worth it.[/QUOTE]

Get ready to be really disappointed. Until Best Buy Corp. sees trading in as a solid and proven cash grab for them I don't see them investing too much time or money into making trading in an enjoyable experience.

Futureshop/Best Buy would both need kiosks to deal with shit like this.

[quote name='katamaris4ever']Is photo ID needed? I don't think FS requires it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what province you're in, but here in Ontario you're required by law to request photo I.D. under pawn shop laws (which govern game trade-ins).

So here, yes, Future Shop requires it. Whether or not they actually ASK you for it is a different story, but they are supposed to.

Anyone try it yet? I went to a local BB yesterday and there was already about 30 used games in the store and its only been a few days which suggests that the system might be easy to use.

Or it might suggest they splitted used games between FS or BB to be able to sell used games quicker to BB consumers.

My only hope is that they will have new-in-business deals like FS had last year

[quote name='djsaiyan']Vaughan will probably be excluded too, same as EB Games and Future Shop.[/QUOTE]

Huh? I just moved to vaughan and never heard of this

[quote name='gamoe']Huh? I just moved to vaughan and never heard of this[/QUOTE]

it threw me off too when I went to vaughan mills with the g/f and had a game to trade...walk in and proceed to tell them i want to trade in only to learn from them that the city of vaughan "prohibits trades"...i was all puzzled because I could go 10 minutes down the road (Aurora where I live) and trade all i want

vaughan blows and now vaughan mills already limited usefulness has been brought down to zero

now everytime i pick her up from maple and we need to shop I just head back up to upper canada mall (newmarket)

[quote name='kyle071785']it threw me off too when I went to vaughan mills with the g/f and had a game to trade...walk in and proceed to tell them i want to trade in only to learn from them that the city of vaughan "prohibits trades"...i was all puzzled because I could go 10 minutes down the road (Aurora where I live) and trade all i want

vaughan blows and now vaughan mills already limited usefulness has been brought down to zero

now everytime i pick her up from maple and we need to shop I just head back up to upper canada mall (newmarket)[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me?? BASS PRO MAN!!! And Hockey Experts! I'm actually a huge fan of Vaughn Mills, it's impossible to get lost. It's just a giant circle!

[quote name='game_fanatic']Are you kidding me?? BASS PRO MAN!!! And Hockey Experts! I'm actually a huge fan of Vaughn Mills, it's impossible to get lost. It's just a giant circle![/QUOTE]

meh I sorta fell out of hockey a while back but show me "Baseball Experts" and I'm there ;)

and yes Bass Pro is good and all but do people actually buy anything there? I just go there to laugh at the fish shaped pillows :lol:

I went there last summer just to see the Bass Pro Shop. I liked the fish tanks and almost bought a fish pillow. I did enjoy watching the sales people selling $200 rods with no reels...

Well usually people buying $200 rods will want to buy a separate reel to meet their particular needs, but that's neither here no there. This is Cheap Ass GAMER, after all...I don't think a Cheap Ass Fishermen site exists...yet....:D

bread's done
Back