Best Buy Turtle Beach Surround Sound Headphones Sale $79.99 Xbox & PS3 Versions

mrmagoo1974

CAGiversary!
Feedback
195 (100%)
I own the x11's and the x12's (stereo) headphones and i think they sound AMAZING. However, recently i was in best buy and was trying the SURROUND sound versions of the turtle beach headphones and was blown away. I did not think they could improve on the stereo ones i had, boy was i wrong. I could hear a HUGE difference between stereo and surround sound. I dont remember if these were the exact models i heard in the store, but i think all that matters anyways is that DSS2 processor. i have never seen any of the surround sound ones even close to this price before. I am jumping all over the xbox one :)

XBOX 360 Turtle Beach - Ear Force DX12 Normally $119.99 Sale: $79.99 Plus Free shipping

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Turtle+...23.p?id=1218512779584&skuId=4709223&st=turtle beach headset&cp=2&lp=15

PS3 Turtle Beach Ear Force DPX21 Headset Normally $119.99 Sale: $79.99 Plus Free shipping

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Turtle+...41.p?id=1218242903580&skuId=1251141&st=turtle beach headset&cp=1&lp=6

Last edited by a moderator:
How long is this sale valid?

Also, do u need the adapter to use this if u are already using the hdmi port on the Xbox? I had to do this with x12s I am currently using.

[quote name='Dund3r']How long is this sale valid?

Also, do u need the adapter to use this if u are already using the hdmi port on the Xbox? I had to do this with x12s I am currently using.[/QUOTE]

No, you use the optical out. It's not covered or disabled when used with hdmi.

[quote name='gatordeve86']can get the x41's cheaper and they are wireless 7.1 surround, best ones around IMO[/QUOTE]

Where are they cheaper?

I googled to see if these could be used on pc as well, because, why wouldn't they be compatible? Anyone have experience with these?

[quote name='VersionJ']I googled to see if these could be used on pc as well, because, why wouldn't they be compatible? Anyone have experience with these?[/QUOTE]

They should be; they're basically just X12s with the DSS2 included and the X12s are PC compatible.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']They should be; they're basically just X12s with the DSS2 included and the X12s are PC compatible.[/QUOTE]

That is my understanding as well - DX12's are best buy exclusive - A bundle of the DSS2 and X12

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']No, you use the optical out. It's not covered or disabled when used with hdmi.[/QUOTE]

Not true for older 360s.

[quote name='Evolved']Not true for older 360s.[/QUOTE]

??? I got a Elite it works fine for me! I got my own version of DX12's, a normal X12 and a DSS instead of a DSS2, I love the combo, got it hooked up to my tv instead of direct to the xbox, surround sound TV WiiU and Xbox when U set it up that way.

I went to Best Buy to get the DX12's, but saw that they had the X42 on sale too, so I spent a little more money to get wireless.

bread's done
Back