Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technicalstylez']theres an op. you should read it.[/QUOTE]

Oops. I did, but must have glossed over that question. Still, it doesn't seem to give you the option online, though. Oh well, doesn't matter I've decided to pre-order the regular copy anyway.

They'll likely let you upgrade to the LE if you're picking it up in store, as long as those arnt all claimed by preorders. Just saying.

I'm still on the fence with NCAA. The fact it qualifies for the $10 and the $20 makes it tough to pass up.

Saint'sRow911;9756686 said:
They'll likely let you upgrade to the LE if you're picking it up in store, as long as those arnt all claimed by preorders. Just saying.

I'll think about it, but I really believe it'll get cheaper down the line. It looks like I'll have to make a trip to BBY anyway since the website is being derpy and isn't letting me pre-order the PS3 version of Dishonored. It keeps giving me a message that I need to be a silver rewards member!? :whistle2:?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slowdive21']Quick question:

Can someone who is GCU tell me if this matches what they get in their RZ account?[/QUOTE]
Yes, my point shows up like how you have it there.

I went to BB and preordered borderlands 2 and picked up the PS3 GOTY. It wouldn't package out to 9.99, so the manager had to manually adjust the price. Did anyone else PO the PS3 version and have this happen?

I just hope it doesn't jack up the $20 RZcert when I pick it up.

[quote name='slowdive21']I went to BB and preordered borderlands 2 and picked up the PS3 GOTY. It wouldn't package out to 9.99, so the manager had to manually adjust the price. Did anyone else PO the PS3 version and have this happen?

I just hope it doesn't jack up the $20 RZcert when I pick it up.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. So you had to buy the BL2 pre-order and BL GOTY as two separate transactions? That's awesome. That means you can cancel your BL2 pre-order and still keep BL GOTY

[quote name='kulsechsky']I'm confused. So you had to buy the BL2 pre-order and BL GOTY as two separate transactions? That's awesome. That means you can cancel your BL2 pre-order and still keep BL GOTY[/QUOTE]

No it was the same transaction, but they had to manually adjust the price for the GOTY to 9.99, instead of the system applying the package automatically.

[quote name='slowdive21']I went to BB and preordered borderlands 2 and picked up the PS3 GOTY. It wouldn't package out to 9.99, so the manager had to manually adjust the price. Did anyone else PO the PS3 version and have this happen?[/QUOTE]

I went in today and had this happen too, smryna ,GA.

The I asked the gaming rep if they were going to add more games to the $20 promo, and he said he didn't know, but that it was up to the publishers, because the publishers subsidize best buy for these promos. I dont know how much stock can be put behijd his words though, so take it with a grain of salt. That being said, I still hold hope that darksiders 2 gets added, even though THQ has money troubles.

acIII preorder is up on best buy but it doesn't show the $20 preorder promo that the vanilla does. weak. and while i know the op states its supposed to work on le's, the fact that the promo is not shown in text the item description makes it easy for bb to say no. weak

[quote name='technicalstylez']acIII preorder is up on best buy but it doesn't show the $20 preorder promo that the vanilla does. weak. and while i know the op states its supposed to work on le's, the fact that the promo is not shown in text the item description makes it easy for bb to say no. weak[/QUOTE]

Black Ops II is no longer on the website either. I wonder what will happen.

[quote name='slowdive21']I went to BB and preordered borderlands 2 and picked up the PS3 GOTY. It wouldn't package out to 9.99, so the manager had to manually adjust the price. Did anyone else PO the PS3 version and have this happen?

I just hope it doesn't jack up the $20 RZcert when I pick it up.[/QUOTE]
That's weird; when I preordered on Sunday, the :ps3: GotY adjusted itself to $9.99 when the employee totaled everything.

[quote name='kulsechsky']Black Ops II is no longer on the website either. I wonder what will happen.[/QUOTE]

simple, you take your chances

Just redoing all my transactions individually to get the additional 10 off and Borderlands 2 360 doesn't have a store pickup option WTF, and Black Ops 2 is not on the main list (ordered it again via the rewardzone page, but I'm wary that the promotion will be honored). Also redoing Halo 4 and the poster suddenly disappeared. And finally I'm having problems cancelling the old orders. Jeez !!

So what is the best possible stack for NCAA Football 13?

Would it be b2g1 (7-8-12) / preorder ($20 GCU) / store pickup (possible $10 for $50+ order)

[quote name='slowdive21']So what is the best possible stack for NCAA Football 13?

Would it be b2g1 (7-8-12) / preorder ($20 GCU) / store pickup (possible $10 for $50+ order)[/QUOTE]

thats the stack I am trying for.. just need to find two more games for the b2g1... I also have $25 in reward certs I might use to drive price down some more.

[quote name='slowdive21']So what is the best possible stack for NCAA Football 13?

Would it be b2g1 (7-8-12) / preorder ($20 GCU) / store pickup (possible $10 for $50+ order)[/QUOTE]

That's what im hoping for personally.

do you think it will drop $20 within the next 30 (60) days? if so then it'll be the same price whether it is b2g1 or buying it by itself since with the b2g1 it turns out to be $40

With price matching + $20 back + $10 back on Madden and NCAA, I'm going to be getting a lot of new releases this half of the year. And a lot of them are spread out enough to let you use the money you get back on others. It's almost like they're trying to give stuff away. I don't have my list completely done, but I'm guessing:

Madden, NCAA, Borderlands, 2K13, ACIII, Black Ops 2, Far Cry are ones I'm getting with Fifa, RE6, Dishonored, and MoH being possible as well (no 360, so no Halo). A lot of these would be play free (or small profit) sell, and move the credit + cash to the next game. Sony All-Stars would be a surefire buy for me as well if it were added.

I put it on the comments section on the BBY forum page in the OP, but I don't know if they'll add it. I wish they did though. I'd buy that ish day 1 for sure. Now it'll wait until I get a good deal on it (30 or so).

I just hope it doesn't jack up the $20 RZcert when I pick it up.[/QUOTE]Not a issue you still meet the requirements
1-pre-order the game
2-P/U the game in the 1st week of release
That's all that matters.

[quote name='mewman13']I went in today and had this happen too, smryna ,GA.

The I asked the gaming rep if they were going to add more games to the $20 promo, and he said he didn't know, but that it was up to the publishers, because the publishers subsidize best buy for these promos. I dont know how much stock can be put behijd his words though, so take it with a grain of salt. That being said, I still hold hope that darksiders 2 gets added, even though THQ has money troubles.[/QUOTE]High demand will mean alot since BB could simply just offer the $20 RZ or instant GC w/o it being an official part of this promo...it could be a $10/$20 pre-order deal like they've done before $10 for reg. RZ members & $20 for unlocked members but since there's only a whopping 22 votes for adding more games chances are slim on more being added since there's not enough people showing they're interested in the deal.

[quote name='technicalstylez']acIII preorder is up on best buy but it doesn't show the $20 preorder promo that the vanilla does. weak. and while i know the op states its supposed to work on le's, the fact that the promo is not shown in text the item description makes it easy for bb to say no. weak[/QUOTE]This is no different than what happened last yr with a couple 5 for $100 games & like it was stated before if the game is listed in the link it will be honored UNLESS the title is pushed back outta of 2012. All versions apply

Would it be b2g1 (7-8-12) / preorder ($20 GCU) / store pickup (possible $10 for $50+ order)[/QUOTE]the b2g1 worked last yr so this would be the same deal + $20 + $10 but you can forget the pm.

Did NCAA drop anywhere within the first two months last year, Enuf? Or were you not paying attention due to getting on the B2G1 deal with it? I imagine it might have dropped $10 somewhere, so I'm hoping for that at the least.

[quote name='advanced']Did NCAA drop anywhere within the first two months last year, Enuf? Or were you not paying attention due to getting on the B2G1 deal with it? I imagine it might have dropped $10 somewhere, so I'm hoping for that at the least.[/QUOTE]it was $45 @ TRU for the 1st few hours of the release day, $50 toward then end of the 45 day period & you can always get a $55 price from sam's club for most major titles that they carry.

Not sure if this is the place to ask (I assume other members may have had this problem), but when I try to link my accounts I don't see the ""Link your BestBuy.com and MyRZ.com accounts" option (yes I looked at the tutorial).

You might get by preorder ($20) in-store, pick on Tuesday, and buy your other two games with it. But I don't think you will be able to pull off online for the additional $10 coupon since the B2G1 does not allow preorders and the day of release the $20 should go away (due to being a preorder deal).

Kind of iffy about pre-ordering Halo 4 LE since it's no longer showing the $20 bonus. However, it's still under qualified titles. That's a huge shame too considering it was one of the reasons I went to sign up for GCU.

I really wish 2K would released more Ultimate Editions of Borderlands 2 to retailers. I tried to pre-order it yesterday at BB and got all excited when the receipt printed at the kiosk. Went to pay $5 and it wouldn't go through. The game section manager came over and explained it was because it's not available. Boo.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I really wish 2K would released more Ultimate Editions of Borderlands 2 to retailers. I tried to pre-order it yesterday at BB and got all excited when the receipt printed at the kiosk. Went to pay $5 and it wouldn't go through. The game section manager came over and explained it was because it's not available. Boo.[/QUOTE]

yo might get lucky, and end up picking up orders from those who did not pickup their orders after 5 days

[quote name='slowdive21']Last chance to preorder ncaa and get the bonuses. They pull the po soon, I think.[/QUOTE]

Late to the party, but I was thinking about doing this for the $30 gift cards. When I try to preorder store pickup is not available. Am I doing something wrong or am I just too late?

Edit: upon closer inspection I found I'm able to preorder the ps3 version but not the Xbox version anywhere near me.

yeah i got in just under the wire. i have no interest in the game, but with 30 off right off the bat, and i already have a buyer for $45 and a chance to price match within 60 days, ill go along for the ride.

you have to pay the $15 for gamers club unlocked = mag sub for a year +10% off preowned + 10% bonus trade in, plus get in on these deals

I put in an order for NCAA a couple days ago. I don't really care about the game but with a $30 credit I could not pass it up. I'm hoping for a lowered price within 60 days to make it an even better deal. I'll probably end up buying all of these games when its all said and done, with the $20 credit and the possibility of a price match I see no reason not to.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Kind of iffy about pre-ordering Halo 4 LE since it's no longer showing the $20 bonus. However, it's still under qualified titles. That's a huge shame too considering it was one of the reasons I went to sign up for GCU.[/QUOTE]

I thought the first page said this deal is applicable on any editions of a game?

[quote name='sgr76']If i preorder today and pick up tomorrow do i still get the $20 bonus?[/QUOTE]

Just be sure to get both the preorder and the full purchase on your RZ account and you're good. (Of course, you have to be an Unlocked member too)

[quote name='Jay197']I thought the first page said this deal is applicable on any editions of a game?[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, I don't think AC III CE or RE6 Archives/Anthology are included. Halo 4 LE still shows up as qualified but it doesn't show the $20 on the side like it did before which is making me a bit iffy on pre-ordering it now. Going to try and contact BB later and will update on what the situation with that is.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Not necessarily, I don't think AC III CE or RE6 Archives/Anthology are included. Halo 4 LE still shows up as qualified but it doesn't show the $20 on the side like it did before which is making me a bit iffy on pre-ordering it now. Going to try and contact BB later and will update on what the situation with that is.[/QUOTE]
Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.
The FAQ section in the OP is accurate, it was copy and pasted from a Best Buy moderator. Past deals from Best Buy that involved a $20 promo like ME3 and Max Payne 3 did include the special/collectors edition of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back