Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dund3r']What kind of issues did you run into when trying to PM a purchase you made online?[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth I've PM'd online orders over the phone at least a half dozen times in the past year and never had any hassle at all, even when it was entirely out of stock at any local stores. So I reckon it's ymmv or they've clamped down considerably recently.

this is probably off topic, ghost recon is $39.99 at bestbuy if any of you bought it earlier for the full price, and it is in the range of the 30 days price match

Picked up my NCAA preorder today, everything done in store had no issue price matching the TRU price of $45, just showed the gaming guy the TRU website on my phone and was good to go. $45 for a day 1 purchase (basically), $20 in points coming back, and probably around $30-35 when I trade it towards madden next month. Loving BB right about now.

[quote name='YBX87']good luck, i never had luck pm anything purchasing from bestbuy.com[/QUOTE]

I pm'ed mass effect 3 over the phone last night (finally) - had an initial issue with them saying they couldnt pm yet because a "system side" order number had not been created yet... Never heard of that before. Called back the next day and the person saw gamestop had it for 29.99 and gave me the credit immediately. Seems like its luck of the draw depending on the CS agent you get. If you have trouble, i would suggest hanging up and calling back....

Hi - so I pre-ordered NCAA 13 on June 20 to take advantage of the $10 in-store pick up promo along with $20 RZ certificate.

Except, how do I verify the $20 RZ certificate? I logged into myrz.com and don't see the purchase listed, even though i picked it up yesterday.

I have not opened the game yet, as I want to make sure I will be getting the promotions.

For the $10 code, I still have not received it yet, but assume it will come today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

Well I think I messed up getting my points for preordering NCAA. Here's the story. I have my accounts linked up online and i preordered online so I can get the $10 dollar code plus the $20 GCU certificate.

I get to Best Buy and go to the gaming desk in the back.( mind you this is my first in store pick up) The guy couldn't check me out in the gaming section so he sent me to customer service to checkout. I forgot to give him my rewards card when he checked be out.

Though I ordered it online, i checked the my rewards website and my purchase wasn't even there from yesterday. Did I have to show my rewards card again? Stupid Rookie mistake

Takes a couple days to show your purchase in your rz acct online joogle. As far as the TRU price I think its both online and in store although the only toys r us close to me was out of stock. But I just showed the guy my phone he didnt call to verify stock or anything so I might have just gotten lucky. It was my first time doing a price match.

[quote name='JEFFaJAX23']Takes a couple days to show your purchase in your rz acct online joogle. As far as the TRU price I think its both online and in store although the only toys r us close to me was out of stock. But I just showed the guy my phone he didnt call to verify stock or anything so I might have just gotten lucky. It was my first time doing a price match.[/QUOTE]

Okay. I think I'm overreacting because i don't want to screw this whole process up with getting the points and the certificates.

Can anyone else confirm that Ghost Recon in on sale for $39.99? It was posted on the last page but when looking at the Best Buy website it is still showing up as $59.99.

[quote name='mattyg00013']Can anyone else confirm that Ghost Recon in on sale for $39.99? It was posted on the last page but when looking at the Best Buy website it is still showing up as $59.99.[/QUOTE]

It's on sale at Gamestop.

Preordered ncaa online, picked it up already, so i will get 20 gc and 10 saving code. How to price match then? And if BB do return rebuy, will that void my 10usd saving code? Thanks.

So it is showing up normally on your computer like any other game's $20 credit? I pre ordered madden 13 yesterday, and it showed up. Should I just preorder it anyways?

[quote name='cagcag']Preordered ncaa online, picked it up already, so i will get 20 gc and 10 saving code. How to price match then? And if BB do return rebuy, will that void my 10usd saving code? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Read the thread man. I did the same thing as you and have already price matched. I'll update the thread if I'm still able to get both the 20 and 10 rewards.

I just finished picking up my order from BestBuy for NCAA. They wouldn’t price match in store since it was an online order. Called the number they told me to call and in 15 min I had $15+sales tax credited back to my account. I just said I saw it in the circular and that it was in stock.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 IS PART OF THE PROMO
ONLY GO BY GAMES FOUND ON THIS LINK(OP info is direct from here)
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ed-20-Certificate-Pre-order-Bonus/td-p/531616

You get ONE $20 RZ promo per title
So if you buy the ACIII 1 PS3/1 X360 you will only get ONE $20 RZ promo total.
If you want TWO $20 RZ USE ANOTHER RZ ACCOUNT(wife/GF/mom/dad/kids)
Each game on the list can be done ONCE thus a MAXIMUM $240 in RZ points can be earned per RZ account

Price matching 101
You can PM at ANY BB store not just the one where you made the purchase at
BB.com/in-store P/U purchases MUST BE PRICED MATCH OVER THE PHONE

Return/Rebuy vs Price match or Price Adjustment
GOOD WON'T forfeit the $20 promo
BAD WILL forfeit the $20 promo(YMMV on getting it fixed BB forums or phone will be your only options)

Competitor's out of stock solution
Call to get the price match when the local stores in your area are closed
Also, if you are refused over the phone CALL AGAIN try another rep. Call AFTER peak hours(9 pm EST) hold times ARE NOT LONG.

Refunds from Price Matching
The refund comes in the form that you paid, if you used more than 1 form of payment this is the order the pc will do it:
RZ certs/value will be refunded 1st
BB giftcard will be refunded 2nd
Non giftcard will be refunded 3rd
Cash/Credit card/Debit Card will be refund last
(A CSR has the ability to override & refund in any form request including cash but this is YMMV)

[quote name='Enuf']Also, if you have alot of BB credit that you want to convert to cash this is the deal to do...
1 - 12 games for $720 + tax (- $720 credit/cash)
2 - Sell each title for $50 on CL (+ $600 cash)
3 - Price match each title to $40 (+ $240 credit/cash)
4 - You get another $240 credit for doing the deal (+ $240 credit)
5 - If using cash you get 960 base RZ points (+ $15 credit & 40 points away from another $5)
5B - You get another 120 RZ points if you're a silver member so the RZ point total will be $20 not $15.

End result $480 spent to get $600 cash & at least $480 in credit...best deal going[/QUOTE]I never factored whaat can be made from selling DLC which several CAG's reported being just as good as price matching or the $20 RZ.

[quote name='littledude702']I think people are just confused because your stating it as. Spend $480 and get $1080. You are really spending $720 and getting $1080. You keep subtracting the PM from your cash total and adding it to your credit total. You can only do one or the other. Still great deal.[/QUOTE]^^^ # 1 "Spend $720 + tax" I posted the complete package as "end result" at the end so obviously you'd need to do all the above to reach the end result. But chances are if a person struggles with the concept their end results will also struggle too.

[quote name='atlantis']I hate to break it you folks but instead of all this petty money hustling, you could earn lots by going to school and getting a decent-paying job.

Wouldn't that be easier than trying to shake down big corporations for pennies?[/QUOTE]^^^ But a degree isn't going to help anyone convert BB credit into cash which is where it all began. Some will use it as a money grab but ok that's up to them.

[quote name='handsomepete']
p.s. I noticed my gcu expires in September - does that mean that my preorders, when picked up in October, would not be eligible for the $20 rz points anymore? If I renew gcu now will it automatically extend my current end date?[/QUOTE]You gotta be Unlocked when you p/u the games
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...o-I-Extend-My-Unlocked-Membership/td-p/540144

Hopes this help clears things up

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I don't know why, but the link you posted let me see BO2 as part of the deal. Must have been a really weird glitch on my account or computer. Thanks for the help though, and sorry for being so annoying asking over and over about it lol.

[quote name='blcklblskt']Ah, that kinda sucks. Still, $40 isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Kinda sucks? Really?

Reg. price of NCAA - $59.99. With tax (depending on your locale) around $64.00.

$20 cert for being in RZGC Unlocked.

If the TIV of the game holds for Madden, you'll get $40.50 in credit. Another $2.70 if you are Unlocked. So $43.20 in total TIV.

So $64.00 - $20.00 - $43.20 = $.80 net ownership cost to own the game for a couple of weeks until Madden comes out.

That's not taking into account any possible PM's that might come along.

Sucks?? C'mon man! Would you like a free sandwich thrown in with that? :D

[quote name='dc delta90']Kinda sucks? Really?

Reg. price of NCAA - $59.99. With tax (depending on your locale) around $64.00.

$20 cert for being in RZGC Unlocked.

If the TIV of the game holds for Madden, you'll get $40.50 in credit. Another $2.70 if you are Unlocked. So $43.20 in total TIV.

So $64.00 - $20.00 - $43.20 = $.80 net ownership cost to own the game for a couple of weeks until Madden comes out.

That's not taking into account any possible PM's that might come along.

Sucks?? C'mon man! Would you like a free sandwich thrown in with that? :D[/QUOTE]

Also, if you're doing a 1 month turnaround, don't redeem online pass and sell on eBay for another $5. Nice!

Tried to call in and pricematch but was denied, I am going to try again in a few hours but if I am still unsuccessful I will try at night. I did pick up two on different unlocked accounts and paid both by gift cards (one in full the other left me with $16 to pay via debit card) so I am wondering how I will be refunded since I do not have the gift card anymore.

[quote name='ICHIRO51MVP']Thanks. I don't know why, but the link you posted let me see BO2 as part of the deal. Must have been a really weird glitch on my account or computer. Thanks for the help though, and sorry for being so annoying asking over and over about it lol.[/QUOTE]not a problem I've seen far worse like the guy who ask if he paid $5 for the @gamer magazine w/the coupons would the store let him KEEP THE MAGAZINE & the other coupons. LOL

Even funnier he couldn't even see the fail in his logic until I asked him what if BB did the same thing with TV's or PC's. You'd only have access to your item during business hours & 10 minutes to close BB reps would be like librarians letting you know your using session is about to end. They'd sell the same item to several customers & you could have to wait in line to use what you bought LOL

[quote name='shady520']Tried to call in and pricematch but was denied, I am going to try again in a few hours but if I am still unsuccessful I will try at night. I did pick up two on different unlocked accounts and paid both by gift cards (one in full the other left me with $16 to pay via debit card) so I am wondering how I will be refunded since I do not have the gift card anymore.[/QUOTE]if you return the one that was paid with debit & GC they'll just issue you another GC for $44.

[quote name='Enuf']if you return the one that was paid with debit & GC they'll just issue you another GC for $44.[/QUOTE]

Well what I am saying is that I bought a copy of NCAA 13 on two separate unlocked accounts (mine and my fathers) with in store pick up. My copy was paid in full with the gift card I had and his copy was paid with the gift card and $15.72 by debit card. If I price match them down to $45 by calling Best Buy how I am I going to get the credit back on either of them since I no longer have the gift card is my question.

[quote name='shady520']Well what I am saying is that I bought a copy of NCAA 13 on two separate unlocked accounts (mine and my fathers) with in store pick up. My copy was paid in full with the gift card I had and his copy was paid with the gift card and $15.72 by debit card. If I price match them down to $45 by calling Best Buy how I am I going to get the credit back on either of them since I no longer have the gift card is my question.[/QUOTE]They issue you a new GC it'll come in the mail but I don't think there's a way to issue instant RZ points in this scenario.

Got my $10 reward code even though I already price matched.

I know I'm going to have to call to get my $20 promo rewards though since the guy did a return/rebuy to fix the price. But I'll deal with that until they give it to me.

$48 after tax for the game and getting $30 in promos? Hell yeah! I should easily be able to get $30 when I get rid of it in a month to make way for Madden too.

Saint'sRow911;9776345 said:
Got my $10 reward code even though I already price matched.

I know I'm going to have to call to get my $20 promo rewards though since the guy did a return/rebuy to fix the price. But I'll deal with that until they give it to me.
Don't wait to get things fixed BB isn't always fast unfortunately make a post on the forums page & allow that time to goto good use.

Got 4 50 dollar codes for my pick up of NCAA 13 for PS3. Very excited that they are basically paying me to own NCAA all things considered.

so are people having luck doing the tru pricematch through the phone? My ordered was payed using a giftcard online for instore pickup. I Just got the game and don't want to go back to bestbuy tomorrow.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']so are people having luck doing the tru pricematch through the phone? My ordered was payed using a giftcard online for instore pickup. I Just got the game and don't want to go back to bestbuy tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same transaction that you did and would like to know the best way to PM

yeah i'm just waiting on the $10 code to get to me before i do any pricematching just in case. But from past orders they usually email me the code the following day around the afternoon.

[quote name='Hoos First']Well Im gonna have a big problem. I called to pricematch the TRU price of NCAA. They did and sent me an email they were refunding the $15. 15 minutes later I get an ordered canceled email saying they couldnt process my payment even though I picked up the game earlier today. I paid with 6 of those $10 promos which I told the lady on the phone so I could get another $10 code + I was getting the $20 back from pre-ordering.

So now there is no order, all the code's I used are bringing up $0. So now I wont get a $10 promo code or a $20 pre-order credit either or a $15 pricematch. Have a feeling it will be a long call on the phone.[/QUOTE]

Well got this fixed after 1.5 hours on the phone between 2 calls. The are giving me $45 on my RZ account. Should be in there in 3 days. They said they didnt have any more of pre-order DLC though that I should have got, but I checked my email afterwards, and I had been sent 5 of those $10 promo codes. No clue what is going on with Best Buy.

Good news I got the gamerguy Kyle in the BB forums to fix the instore pickup option for Borderlands. That's an extra 10$ in my pocket.

[quote name='stoned99']Good news I got the gamerguy Kyle in the BB forums to fix the instore pickup option for Borderlands. That's an extra 10$ in my pocket.[/QUOTE]Out of curiosity, are you referring to the original Borderlands or its GotY edition?

[quote name='stoned99']Good news I got the gamerguy Kyle in the BB forums to fix the instore pickup option for Borderlands. That's an extra 10$ in my pocket.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man i was wondering what was taking them so long.

[quote name='Vigilante']Out of curiosity, are you referring to the original Borderlands or its GotY edition?[/QUOTE]

Neither. Borderlands 2 Preorder

[quote name='stoned99']Neither. Borderlands 2 Preorder[/QUOTE]How will you get that extra $10 from picking it up in-store if the promotion only applies to orders picked up by 8/31 and Borderlands 2 releases 9/18? :???:

I got the $10 email code today around 4. I'm hoping to get the $20 preorder code by next month so I can preorder Madden and get the same deal. Anybody ever not get their $20 code within a month?

On the off chance that anyone is at the San Diego Comic Con and wants to pre-order AC3, you'll get a free shirt by doing so at the AC3 booth. They do the pre-orders though Best Buy website and they even have a BB rep there. I was going to pre-order but couldn't find out how to use my GCU # to get points. Looking at my RZ account now at home it's the last 10 digits of the #.

[quote name='navalg1337']If I buy NCAA 13 tomorrow, will I still be eligible for the $20 RZC?[/QUOTE]

Did you preorder it? If so then yes you can. If not then no you are not eligible.

[quote name='shady520']Did you preorder it? If so then yes you can. If not then no you are not eligible.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I was just going to order tonight and pick it up tomorrow lol.

[quote name='navalg1337']Nope, I was just going to order tonight and pick it up tomorrow lol.[/QUOTE]

You'll get $10 and then you can on it down to $45 making it a total spend of only $35! Not too shabby!

[quote name='navalg1337']Nope, I was just going to order tonight and pick it up tomorrow lol.[/QUOTE]

Did you not see what the thread title says? #-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back