Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I pre-order Borderlands 2 before 8/31 will I still get that $10 for store pickup? or how will that work? It's offered on the game's page but wasn't sure. IN reality if I could get $30 in bonuses that would be sweet.

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']If I pre-order Borderlands 2 before 8/31 will I still get that $10 for store pickup? or how will that work? It's offered on the game's page but wasn't sure. IN reality if I could get $30 in bonuses that would be sweet.[/QUOTE]
Are you picking up the game on 8/31? Because if you are, then I'm all ears.

I'm sure there are many out there that would like to know how you will do this.

[quote name='ps3gamer35']I've seen a few different answers to this question and I should probably know this since I've been BB silver for a year years. However, my question is if I was to pay for a game lets say Madden with 20 dollars worth of Reward Zone Certficates (other 40 in cash), does that mean I couldn't price match the game if it falls to 39.99 somewhere? I believe I read from some that RZ certs drop the actual price of the game where as others say I could still PM. I'm confused...[/QUOTE]Of course you can still pm they just refund the RZ certs back to your account. Even though the RZ cert you used may have expired(if not silver) I still think the points go back to your account.
When you look at the receipt for a purchase using certs it'll show the total price paid in cash/credit but directly under the item itself it'll show the amount of RZ certs that was used on the item.

The CSR has the option to refund in any form with a simple override(not needed a supervisor) but for larger amounts an override would be required anyways.

If you have concerns you can always convert the RZ certs into BB GC & then just use the GC along other payment & not worry about the RZ certs at all.

[quote name='Timenice']So you got to keep all your points so far the. Bonus 20 bucks and the 10 for in store pick up?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why you think you lose points for trade-ins.

[quote name='Timenice']So you got to keep all your points so far the. Bonus 20 bucks and the 10 for in store pick up?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The purchase and the trade in have posted and I have been credited since its been long enough. I did get that $10 code and have since used it as well.

Seems like no games have been added to the list :( Wish more people could upvote or whatever it takes to see a few more games on the list like Tekken Tag 2.

[quote name='lochdoun']I don't know if this has been asked already but...
Will this promo stack with the buy 2 get 1 free welcome package coupon?[/QUOTE]
If I remember correctly the b2g1 from the welcome kit is limited to titles up to $40.

[quote name='iiSaviour']Looks like I am getting BL2 and Halo 4 from Best Buy and save the gift cards for Black Friday or DOTD.[/QUOTE]

Note that it should take around 30 days for you to get the certs so it might run you into December for Halo.

Did anyone pre-order Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs? Normally I have them ship games to my house, but this time I opted for store pick up. Do they normally print the pre-order bonus codes on the receipt like GameStop, or do they e-mail it to you? When they ship it, they usually send me an e-mail with the codes, but I don't have any such e-mail from them this time. Haven't had a chance to open up the games yet, are the codes inside the game box?

[quote name='MaicoWin']Did anyone pre-order Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs? Normally I have them ship games to my house, but this time I opted for store pick up. Do they normally print the pre-order bonus codes on the receipt like GameStop, or do they e-mail it to you? When they ship it, they usually send me an e-mail with the codes, but I don't have any such e-mail from them this time. Haven't had a chance to open up the games yet, are the codes inside the game box?[/QUOTE]

Inside the box. It's more of a while supplies last than a pre-order bonus.

[quote name='htz']If I remember correctly the b2g1 from the welcome kit is limited to titles up to $40.[/QUOTE]

So it only works with titles less than $40? Because I just received my welcome kit as well, and was hoping to use it with AC3, ZOE HD, and possibly one more.

[quote name='newtype06']So it only works with titles less than $40? Because I just received my welcome kit as well, and was hoping to use it with AC3, ZOE HD, and possibly one more.[/QUOTE]
My coupon expired on 7/7/12 during the week where BB offered B2G1 promo anyways so I never used mine. But from what I remember the coupon does say something about up to $39.99. Not sure about the new batch of coupons that expire around November.

[quote name='Kanokare']Seems like no games have been added to the list :( Wish more people could upvote or whatever it takes to see a few more games on the list like Tekken Tag 2.[/QUOTE]this specific promo is set the colored booklets are already in-stores with the listed games. From what I've been told high demand could result in several titles getting the $10/$20 giftcard offers just like Max Payne/Mass Effect 3 got. To them it would work basically the same way in that it would help to increase more unlocked memberships but also there'd be a boost in pre-orders for those who don't get unlocked.

[quote name='jcp42877']Wait...has it been confirmed that this promo works if you preorder RE6 Anthology instead of the vanilla copy?[/QUOTE]It's technically a Collector's Edition and it's been confirmed that the promo will work with Collector's Editions for games on the list, so I'd say yes.

i know this question has been asked numerous of times, but if i preorder a game from bestbuy.com. i will have to make a full payment, right? and if i need to pricematch somewhere down the line. i will have to call bestbuy corp phone line to pricematch, instead of just going to the store with my reciept? right?

[quote name='YBX87']i know this question has been asked numerous of times, but if i preorder a game from bestbuy.com. i will have to make a full payment, right? and if i need to pricematch somewhere down the line. i will have to call bestbuy corp phone line to pricematch, instead of just going to the store with my reciept? right?[/QUOTE]

Online = Best Buy CS on phone
In Store = In Store

vvv Hell yeah man, but sometimes you get some cool people on the other end. Plus, if you ever get a pita CS rep, you could just hang up and call back in order to get someone new. Really great advantage.

[quote name='MunchnOnDoritos']Online = Best Buy CS on phone
In Store = In Store[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply, i kinda figure that would the answer. i just hate dealing with bestbuy cs, it is pita to get a price match over the phone

just one more question, the only thing bestbuy offer for medal of honor warfighter preorder bonus is the $20 rewardzone cert, and battlefield 4 beta, right? is the far cry 3 release date delay to decemeber?

[quote name='YBX87']just one more question, the only thing bestbuy offer for medal of honor warfighter preorder bonus is the $20 rewardzone cert, and battlefield 4 beta, right? is the far cry 3 release date delay to decemeber?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the Medal of Honor Warfighter Pre-Order comes with those bonuses, but someone should chime in if not. As for Far Cry 3, it has been delayed until December.

So, I've looked through this thread pretty extensively, but could someone double check my info here?

So I'm planning to preorder Madden 13 this coming week, so I'll get a RZ cert for $20 within 35 days correct? Initially I wanted to chain Madden to Borderlands to Assassin's Creed III but based on the certificate issuing dates, this is not possible?

If so, I'd essentially have 2 certs to use up for ACIII right? Would the Madden cert expire before ACIII releases? Did not see the expiration dates on RZ certs (Never been Unlocked before). Thanks guys!

[quote name='MetallicAttack']So, I've looked through this thread pretty extensively, but could someone double check my info here?

So I'm planning to preorder Madden 13 this coming week, so I'll get a RZ cert for $20 within 35 days correct? Initially I wanted to chain Madden to Borderlands to Assassin's Creed III but based on the certificate issuing dates, this is not possible?

If so, I'd essentially have 2 certs to use up for ACIII right? Would the Madden cert expire before ACIII releases? Did not see the expiration dates on RZ certs (Never been Unlocked before). Thanks guys![/QUOTE]
If they're normal rewards certificates, the Madden one won't expire by the time ACIII comes out.

I signed up 3 weeks ago, and I haven't received any welcome package.

[quote name='Tsukinikawatte']Hey was I supposed to get some sort or welcome package when signing up?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']I signed up 3 weeks ago, and I haven't received any welcome package.[/QUOTE]

It takes 6-8 weeks for the welcome packet to come in the mail.

so i should be getting silver soon and i have madden pre ordered i was wondering if when i pick up madden would the pm window work with silver or would it be the regular 30 days? i know i can cancel and re buy but i was just wondering

Looks like I'll be getting Madden 13, FIFA 13, Dishonored, ACIII, NBA 2K13 and last but not least COD Black ops 2. Gonna be one good Fall gaming season :D

[quote name='thegreatone313']Just received the new batch of coupons that expire in November. The Buy2Get1 is for titles up to 39.99$ which sucks but whatever.[/QUOTE]great for PSvita/3DS games though $27 a piece works out great.

[quote name='sninh']so i should be getting silver soon and i have madden pre ordered i was wondering if when i pick up madden would the pm window work with silver or would it be the regular 30 days? i know i can cancel and re buy but i was just wondering[/QUOTE]your account must show RZ silver st the time of purchasing.

I just signed up for this. Sadly Borderlands 2 SEs are sold out online and in-store. I'm getting Resident Evil 6 and possibly AC3, Far Cry 3 and Dishonored.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I just signed up for this. Sadly Borderlands 2 SEs are sold out online and in-store. I'm getting Resident Evil 6 and possibly AC3, Far Cry 3 and Dishonored.[/QUOTE] There will be a few in-store on release based on past history with high priced CE's. Some people will bail based on reviews/money/deals elsewhere.

[quote name='Enuf']There will be a few in-store on release based on past history with high priced CE's. Some people will bail based on reviews/money/deals elsewhere.[/QUOTE]This! I would just pre-order the basic, show up on release day and ask them if they have any Special Editions. It has happened on numerous occasions.

[quote name='krashhole']This! I would just pre-order the basic, show up on release day and ask them if they have any Special Editions. It has happened on numerous occasions.[/QUOTE]

That's my plan, but I don't see it working. Won't be able to make it until 1PM due to class, so I think those store ones will be gone by then.

[quote name='advanced']That's my plan, but I don't see it working. Won't be able to make it until 1PM due to class, so I think those store ones will be gone by then.[/QUOTE]depends on your area I guess but chances are the people who really wanted it would've pre-ordered it already & dropping $150 w/o $20 credit isn't gonna move em. Fortunately, I know 2-3 outta the way BB's that get SE's in bulk but never sell them till clearance anyways.

[quote name='Enuf']this specific promo is set the colored booklets are already in-stores with the listed games. From what I've been told high demand could result in several titles getting the $10/$20 giftcard offers just like Max Payne/Mass Effect 3 got. To them it would work basically the same way in that it would help to increase more unlocked memberships but also there'd be a boost in pre-orders for those who don't get unlocked.[/QUOTE]

Ohh. All good. Thanks to you and everyone for helping make BBY better btw!

Hey if anyone is interested, Fry's is selling Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for $20 online and in-store. I couldn't find where to post this so I just decided to let my fellow best buy CAGs in on the deal. I just picked up mine for $20 even though they were still advertising it in store for $40

Damn, I just realized that it takes $30 days to get your certificates. I was hoping to use my Madden certificates to pick up NHL 13. Kind of have to rethink things now.

I got my $20 GC for buying ME3 within a few days if I remember correctly. Did this promo apply to any games that have been already released like NCAA 13 or Darksiders 2. Just wondering if its confirmed you have to wait the 30+ days or if you get it sooner.

[quote name='mewman13']I just got issued my $20 cert for NCAA football. I preordered it on June 17 for the July 10 release. The 1000 points had posted to my account last week but were pending. This morning they issued the cert for me since I have it set to $20. I had called and gotten my price adjustment at the end of the week, so i am very pleased at this deal. Thanks enuf![/QUOTE]
[quote name='mewman13']I have already received mine.

I preordered NCAA 13 on 6/17, picked up the game 7/10. The 1000 points posted into my account shortly after pickup (I forget when exactly), and I was issued my $20 certificate on 7/18.

Until more people report in, I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but the cert was issued 31 days after preorder, or 1 day after the final day for pickup.[/QUOTE]

Here's what I posted last month about the points

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back