Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright I went in store today and tried to ask about the deal to understand it better, and the person had absolutely no idea what they were saying.

So let me try to make sense of it here. You subscribe to @Gamer for $15, and you preorder your first game, Borderlands in my case. Can you pay off the game in full? If I do, is it ready to be picked up at midnight (never did a midnight release at Best Buy, I preordered one game in store and they had no idea what they were doing).

After Borderlands, I get $20 worth of points added to me Rewards account in 30 days right? So if I get FIFA 13 the week after, I'll get another $20 about 30 days after purchase? So on and so forth?

Also, can I do it two times with one game? I will be purchasing two copies of Borderlands.

I took the time to update the entire OP. Everything should be easier to find and I have added a section containing all of the BB exclusive pre-order bonuses.

Edit: Also just added a poll to see what games CAGs are pre-ordering. :D

[quote name='Lazer77']Alright I went in store today and tried to ask about the deal to understand it better, and the person had absolutely no idea what they were saying.

So let me try to make sense of it here. You subscribe to @Gamer for $15, and you preorder your first game, Borderlands in my case. Can you pay off the game in full? If I do, is it ready to be picked up at midnight (never did a midnight release at Best Buy, I preordered one game in store and they had no idea what they were doing).

After Borderlands, I get $20 worth of points added to me Rewards account in 30 days right? So if I get FIFA 13 the week after, I'll get another $20 about 30 days after purchase? So on and so forth?

Also, can I do it two times with one game? I will be purchasing two copies of Borderlands.[/QUOTE]
Check the OP, click on the Frequently Asked Questions box. Your answers are in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='handsome_bitch']I need to preorder one copy each of madden 13 for ps3 and xbox. Will I recieve a $20 code per game or just one. Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

Only of you use two different Gamers Club Unlocked accounts. If they're both pre-ordered on the same account, you only get $20.

Either way, be sure to do separate pre-orders online so you can at least get the $10 email coupon code for each purchase as long as you pick up the game in-store by the 31st.

That way, you'll get two $10 coupons and the $20 cert lowering the cost eventually from $120 to $80 plus tax. Hope this helps.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']I need to preorder one copy each of madden 13 for ps3 and xbox. Will I recieve a $20 code per game or just one. Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.
Pretty much what dan77733 said, if you have anymore questions your answers can be found in the OP under the Frequently Asked Questions box most likely.

Its been said before but in case you missed it TRU has Madden for 45. Assuming it holds you could PM on day 1 and get 15 off when you pick it up.

was hoping someone could clarify this for me. Today I signed up for GamersClub [Unlock]. Got home, preordered Madden 13 and noticed when I was checking out it said "$20 Reward zone certificates: see how" (which is obviously the preorder GamerClub [unlock] thing) and then it also says "Free $10 saving code: find out how(which is is for the instore pick up) when you spend over $50.

When I checked out, I didn't see any sort of notification about either the $20 Reward zone from the preorder gamerclub bonus or the $10 savings coupon for instore pick up.

Is that normal?

[quote name='mrclutch']Its been said before but in case you missed it TRU has Madden for 45. Assuming it holds you could PM on day 1 and get 15 off when you pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Would I need to bring a print out of some sort because I don't have a smartphone currently, so I couldn't show him my phone.

[quote name='haddes911']was hoping someone could clarify this for me. Today I signed up for GamersClub [Unlock]. Got home, preordered Madden 13 and noticed when I was checking out it said "$20 Reward zone certificates: see how" (which is obviously the preorder GamerClub [unlock] thing) and then it also says "Free $10 saving code: find out how(which is is for the instore pick up) when you spend over $50.

When I checked out, I didn't see any sort of notification about either the $20 Reward zone from the preorder gamerclub bonus or the $10 savings coupon for instore pick up.

Is that normal?[/QUOTE]

I did the same, signed up and preordered Madden yesterday. Did not receive anything about the $20 or $10 promos but I think that is normal. Right?

[quote name='mrclutch']Its been said before but in case you missed it TRU has Madden for 45. Assuming it holds you could PM on day 1 and get 15 off when you pick it up.[/QUOTE]

?? It won't be 45 on day 1 at Toys R Us...it'll be 60 as far as I know, so no PM. The 45 price point is only on preorders(which Toys R Us has on almost all AAA titles). Did you hear something through the grapevine that Toys R Us will be selling them for 45 on day 1?

[quote name='inky1600']?? It won't be 45 on day 1 at Toys R Us...it'll be 60 as far as I know, so no PM. The 45 price point is only on preorders(which Toys R Us has on almost all AAA titles). Did you hear something through the grapevine that Toys R Us will be selling them for 45 on day 1?[/QUOTE]

The 45 held through openning day for NCAA 13 at TRU even though the website said the price would end the day before release. Lots of guys here PM day 1 by pulling it up on their smart phone. That's the grapevine I am using. Might not workout this time but it did last time so worth keeping an eye on to get Madden for 25.

[quote name='mrclutch']The 45 held through openning day for NCAA 13 at TRU even though the website said the price would end the day before release. Lots of guys here PM day 1 by pulling it up on their smart phone. That's the grapevine I am using. Might not workout this time but it did last time so worth keeping an eye on to get Madden for 25.[/QUOTE]

that is still ymmv, alot of posters were also rejected from pricematching at bestbuy, because bb csr was telling them it was online price only

I'm not really big on pre-ordering games, but I need to play borderlands 2 yesterday and I'll definitely take $20 in BB money to do that.

[quote name='mrclutch']The 45 held through openning day for NCAA 13 at TRU even though the website said the price would end the day before release. Lots of guys here PM day 1 by pulling it up on their smart phone. That's the grapevine I am using. Might not workout this time but it did last time so worth keeping an eye on to get Madden for 25.[/QUOTE]

If you are picking it up on day 1, can you post your results on this,it would be much appreciated by all? Also, are you doing in-store pick up like I am to get the $10 back? It sounds like if this works at all, it's gonna be in store only. For me to PM I would have to call BB.com and the show on phone thing won't work but if you can pull it off, I'll get my azz down there to pick up and get on the phone on day 1(assuming the price holds on day 1 which I seriously doubt, the NCAA 13 thing sounds like a fuckup).

For some reason, Madden is not "available" for pre-order/pickup at my local Best Buy, but is at another location about 20 minutes farther. Actually 2 of the 3 stores are greyed out and "unavailale". I guess I'll wait a few more days.

[quote name='haddes911']was hoping someone could clarify this for me. Today I signed up for GamersClub [Unlock]. Got home, preordered Madden 13 and noticed when I was checking out it said "$20 Reward zone certificates: see how" (which is obviously the preorder GamerClub [unlock] thing) and then it also says "Free $10 saving code: find out how(which is is for the instore pick up) when you spend over $50.

Is that normal?[/QUOTE]
Yes this is normal, the bonus 1,000 RZ points won't show up as pending until you pickup your order.

But...
You got to make sure your RZ account is listed as GZ Unlocked status on the MyRZ.com website under manage profile.
Plus you also need to make sure your RZ account number is properly linked to your bestbuy.com account.

[quote name='Kenshindono']if you buy two copies of Borderlands 2, will you get two $20 bestbuy gift cards? i want to get a copy for my cousin and one for me.[/QUOTE]
You will not be getting a $20 BB gift card, instead you are actually getting 1,000 bonus RZ points which you can redeem for a $20 RZ certificate.

[quote name='advanced']^ No.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='htz']

You will not be getting a $20 BB gift card, instead you are actually getting 1,000 bonus RZ points which you can redeem for a $20 RZ certificate.[/QUOTE]

Ya i know its 1K RZ points which = a 20 dollar certificate, i mean will i get the 1000 points for each order or just for one if i preorder one? Advanced says no, but i read the fine print and dont see anything about a limit or anything. Are you sure its a no? I tried calling Best Buy to ask about this but the person on the phone was clueless. They said this promo ended saturday o_O

Has anyone tried getting 2 copies of a game? Anyone know for sure if it works or not?

^_^x KD

[quote name='Kenshindono']Ya i know its 1K RZ points which = a 20 dollar certificate, i mean will i get the 1000 points for each order or just for one if i preorder one? Advanced says no, but i read the fine print and dont see anything about a limit or anything. Are you sure its a no? I tried calling Best Buy to ask about this but the person on the phone was clueless. They said this promo ended saturday o_O

Has anyone tried getting 2 copies of a game? Anyone know for sure if it works or not?

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

The OP has the answer you are looking for.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Ya i know its 1K RZ points which = a 20 dollar certificate, i mean will i get the 1000 points for each order or just for one if i preorder one? Advanced says no, but i read the fine print and dont see anything about a limit or anything. Are you sure its a no? I tried calling Best Buy to ask about this but the person on the phone was clueless. They said this promo ended saturday o_O

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

Source: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ed-20-Certificate-Pre-order-Bonus/td-p/531616

Sad to see such little love for Far Cry 3. The previews really make me want that game. If they solved some issues from FC2 (Repsawning and Fast Travel) I think the game is going to be awesome. You can be eaten by a fucking shark!! How cool is that.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Sad to see such little love for Far Cry 3. The previews really make me want that game. If they solved some issues from FC2 (Repsawning and Fast Travel) I think the game is going to be awesome. You can be eaten by a fucking shark!! How cool is that.[/QUOTE]

I think part of the issue with Far Cry as well is that it will go pretty cheap soon after release.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I think part of the issue with Far Cry as well is that it will go pretty cheap soon after release.[/QUOTE]

I hope it goes down quickly,so I can get a pm.

[quote name='YBX87']wow, i am suprised by the result, i thought cod black ops 2 would have the highest # of votes[/QUOTE]

I saw the same thing, and I'm very happy about it! Maybe CAG gamers are overall different then the majority of the gamers, but I love how the votes are spread out for a large variety rather then seeing everyone pre-ordering one title. makes me look forward to the holiday rush on these games to get some multiplayer action!

[quote name='GamerDude316']I think part of the issue with Far Cry as well is that it will go pretty cheap soon after release.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vap']I hope it goes down quickly,so I can get a pm.[/QUOTE]

Fine by me...:) With my trade credit saved and silver membership I plan to get every game I pre-order for $20. $60 at launch minus $20 RZ cert minus $20 for $40 PM in 60 days. I am getting AC3 for this exact reason...they drop in price.

So i searched and confirmed that Best Buy puts a hold on your card for preorders, but i still have a question, (sorry if its a stupid one) does that hold stay there until the game ships?

Quite new at Best Buy and their rewards program

I'm going to pre-order madden today then stack that 20 for fifa, and then the 20 for fifa for black ops... $120 for 3 is a win for me since i would have paid 60 for both black ops and fifa anyway

[quote name='scrub0bk']I'm going to pre-order madden today then stack that 20 for fifa, and then the 20 for fifa for black ops... $120 for 3 is a win for me since i would have paid 60 for both black ops and fifa anyway[/QUOTE]

I really want to do something similar to this as well to take full advantage of this deal, but the only game I'm really interested in getting Day 1 from the list is Halo 4. Resident Evil 6 might be another candidate, but that is a game that I figure will drop pretty quickly in price after its released. We'll see though.

Looking over the list of games, I notice some of them list the $20 offer and some don't. Are those that don't state the $20 promotion still being honored?

Will probably end up doing Madden 13, Borderlands 2, NBA 2k13, BLOPS 2, and Halo 4. Might even add Assassisn Creed 3 to the list. Since I am a silver member I have 60 days to PM right?

Edit: also, as I recall from last year, there were some problems with people getting the $20 credit if they bought with a gift card. Is that still an issue?

[quote name='wingzero16']they need to up resident evil 6 to the collection or anthology versions.[/QUOTE]

If looking at product page, you get the $20 reward cert also for the Collection and Anthology version also.

What the hell is a USB Whale Oil Lamp for preordering Dishonored? I am heading up to Bestbuy to preorder Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, Dishonored and NBA 2k13, but want to make sure I know what Im looking for when asking about the Whale Lamp.

Just did some calculations and wow this deal is killer for those of you who are premier silver members (60 day price match FTW!)
Example (games i will be pre-ordering):

Madden 13- Pay $60 up front. Receive $20 reward zone + the $10 promo. Net value= $30. Now if you are able to pm toys r us for $45 over the phone if their promo is still going on, then the net value of the game will be $15! Even if you don't PM toys r us, im pretty sure in the 60 day period, some retailer will have it for $40-$50.
Madden 13- $15

Borderlands 2- you will basically receive $20 in RZ making the net value $40. However, with the 60 day PM policy, you have until November 24 to PM. I believe Black Friday is on the 23rd. SO you can potentially get the game for a net value of $10 if the game goes on sale for $30! It will be at the very most $40, I believe.
Borderlands 2- $20

Resident Evil 6- Net value $40 after the RZ promo. There is a good chance this game will also go on sale for $30-$40 on Black Friday.
RE6- $20

NBA 2K13- $40 after RZ. I believe wal mart had 2k12 for only $30 during BF last year. Still at the very most $40.
NBA 2k13- $20

... you get the picture basically.

You can end up getting Madden 13 + Borderlands 2 + RE5 + NBA2k13 + Dishonored + AssCreed 3 + BLOPS 2 + Halo 4 on launch day with pre order bonuses for a net price of only $155+tax !

Of course you're going to have to be patient for all the points to come in and you may not be able to use points you receive from one game on another game since the releases dates are so close to each other. But if you are a premier silver member and have patience, you can get a spectacular deal!

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Just did some calculations and wow this deal is killer for those of you who are premier silver members (60 day price match FTW!)
Example (games i will be pre-ordering):

Madden 13- Pay $60 up front. Receive $20 reward zone + the $10 promo. Net value= $30. Now if you are able to pm toys r us for $45 over the phone if their promo is still going on, then the net value of the game will be $15! Even if you don't PM toys r us, im pretty sure in the 60 day period, some retailer will have it for $40-$50.
Madden 13- $15

Borderlands 2- you will basically receive $20 in RZ making the net value $40. However, with the 60 day PM policy, you have until November 24 to PM. I believe Black Friday is on the 23rd. SO you can potentially get the game for a net value of $10 if the game goes on sale for $30! It will be at the very most $40, I believe.
Borderlands 2- $20

Resident Evil 6- Net value $40 after the RZ promo. There is a good chance this game will also go on sale for $30-$40 on Black Friday.
RE6- $20

NBA 2K13- $40 after RZ. I believe wal mart had 2k12 for only $30 during BF last year. Still at the very most $40.
NBA 2k13- $20

... you get the picture basically.

You can end up getting Madden 13 + Borderlands 2 + RE5 + NBA2k13 + Dishonored + AssCreed 3 + BLOPS 2 + Halo 4 on launch day with pre order bonuses for a net price of only $155+tax !

Of course you're going to have to be patient for all the points to come in and you may not be able to use points you receive from one game on another game since the releases dates are so close to each other. But if you are a premier silver member and have patience, you can get a spectacular deal![/QUOTE]

Sounds great except for the items that are on sale Black Friday only, I for one would not want to deal with BestBuy customer service line in store on that day. Also I thought most stores dont let you price match special black Friday sales?

I am premier Silver and bet my money Dishonored, RE6, and Madden 13 will see a sale before the 60 day PM window closes.

[quote name='YBX87']i wish i had more credit to preorder some of these games, might have to trade some games from my backlog[/QUOTE]

I only have around $80 credit, but plan on locking around 4 to 5 preorders for $20-$25 in store, and slowly trade for the next month or so until all paid off.

I notice in the OP, it says Preorder Black Ops 2 and receieve Dog Tags, Special NukeTown Map, and $20 Gift cert

The product page list none of that except the dog tags?

[quote name='Poor2More']Sounds great except for the items that are on sale Black Friday only, I for one would not want to deal with BestBuy customer service line in store on that day. Also I thought most stores dont let you price match special black Friday sales?

I am premier Silver and bet my money Dishonored, RE6, and Madden 13 will see a sale before the 60 day PM window closes.[/QUOTE]

you are correct, i just remembered that best buy does not allow PM on black friday through saturday. But still games like Halo 4 + BLOPS 2 will probably see some discount during the Christmas sales. AssCreed 3 usually always hits $40 weeks before christmas. NBA 2k13 will for sure go on sale on BF but not sure if it will go on sale outside that day.

[quote name='Joshe']So i searched and confirmed that Best Buy puts a hold on your card for preorders, but i still have a question, (sorry if its a stupid one) does that hold stay there until the game ships?

Quite new at Best Buy and their rewards program[/QUOTE]

I preordered some of the games from bestbuy.com the first week of July. The holds are still there. Best Buy just issues a new hold when the other ones expire.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']you are correct, i just remembered that best buy does not allow PM on black friday through saturday. But still games like Halo 4 + BLOPS 2 will probably see some discount during the Christmas sales. AssCreed 3 usually always hits $40 weeks before christmas. NBA 2k13 will for sure go on sale on BF but not sure if it will go on sale outside that day.[/QUOTE]

The way AssCreed games go, it usually drops by $20 within a couple of weeks of release. Then again I think I read somewhere that UBI Soft is banking on this game, and spent millions in advertisments on this game.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']you are correct, i just remembered that best buy does not allow PM on black friday through saturday. But still games like Halo 4 + BLOPS 2 will probably see some discount during the Christmas sales. AssCreed 3 usually always hits $40 weeks before christmas. NBA 2k13 will for sure go on sale on BF but not sure if it will go on sale outside that day.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt blops 2 or halo 4 will drop within 60 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back