Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn thats what the idiot did to me arrrrgggggg so pissed right now
You will need to call...BUT WAIT 30 DAYS this will allow CS to just instant credit "customer satisfaction points" vs you needing a follow-up call/email.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So a question for those with expiring GCU accounts. Does the renewal come as an email and/or available on the RZ website? I am now less than 4 weeks away from my unlocked membership expiring and I have not gotten an email, been asked at the counter, or been given the option to renew from the website.[/QUOTE]RE-UP ASAP You don't want there to be any delays in your mags or unforseen technical issues that happen far too often with BB.

I'm assuming you've been satisfied w/your sub & feel it's been worth the $15.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I never realized this. So you get the points for the card ($200) and not just the $6 fee? I may have to do this just to extend my silver.[/QUOTE]Hell yeah 206 base RZ points(257 w/silver), the 25% silver bonus also applies too.
Gamer Protip - You can then goto 7-eleven or another retailer that sells $500 visa GC's($4ish fee) or Walmart moneycard no load limit($3 fee) & use the BB visa to pay on them. Now you've earned RZ points on the BB cards & will earn RZ points + RZ silver + GC 2X points too on your BB purchases. Even when factoring in fees on both sides 206 pts(257 for silver) on the front end 400 pts(450 for silver) on the back end.
I have the walmart moneycard vs the separate visa cards since it's easier to keep track of for pm'ing purposes.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Can anyone confirm about reward points by buying the prepaid card?[/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Have a question: Does the Buy 2 Get 1 free coupon on used games get emailed to me or on the website? How long does it take to recieve it?[/QUOTE]The welcome kits come in the mail & they're sent out in waves it could take 1-2 months to get one.

They will be offering welcome kits in store @ the time of purchase in the near future but that won't help you sorry. If you don't have the kit in 6 weeks post on the forums page.

To Enuf I'm sure getting points for buying and using Visa pre-paid cards varies by State because when I've used them in the past year I haven't received points with purchases made with the card AND buying them by combining BB giftcards into them even though others have said other wise.

[quote name='PublikDefender']How do you know when your Gamer Unlocked status ends?

On myrewardzone.com my gamer unlocked status states active thru 9/11/2012.

In contrast my atgamermagazine.com account states:
Account Status: Active Paid
Expire Issue: Oct 1, 2012
Subscription Term: 10 issues
Start Issue: Nov 1, 2011
Last Issue Mailed: Sep 1, 2012

So does my gamer unlocked status end on 9/11 or 10/1?[/QUOTE]

The one on myrewardzone.com is correct, I checked this myself a while back as mine was expiring at the same time as yours. Reupped to make sure the $20 promo would be valid for my ACIII and RE6 preorders (as it does require a gcu membership), no point in risking it since I was going to renew anyways. It does stack correctly too, once you renew your membership the date will properly increase by a year on myrz.

[quote name='ARsignal11']Does this offer also work by pre-ordering the Halo 4 Limited Edition?[/QUOTE]Per the OP FAQ(also same from BB.com) there's also official booklets in-store with all the games as well.

Even the system bundles with the game included like the Madden one count. I will find the BB forum confirmation & link it.

YMMV on getting a target $270 PS3 pm but worth a try since you'd be getting the game, cheaper price, RZ points & $20 credit.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

[quote name='bojay1997']It should, although the Best Buy website has numerous discrepancies with regard to this deal including no reference to Black Ops 2 except in one small section. I suspect many of us will have to call for manual adjustments in the coming months as Best Buy seems to have problems communicating offers like this internally.[/QUOTE]The reason COD BO isn't listed like all the others has to do with fuss made by activision I believe when the 1st COD BO came out they didn't want it advertised as "discounted" or something along those lines. The next yr they "warned" retailers & gave them "rules" to follow.

[quote name='PublikDefender']How do you know when your Gamer Unlocked status ends?

On myrewardzone.com my gamer unlocked status states active thru 9/11/2012.

In contrast my atgamermagazine.com account states:
Account Status: Active Paid
Expire Issue: Oct 1, 2012
Subscription Term: 10 issues
Start Issue: Nov 1, 2011
Last Issue Mailed: Sep 1, 2012

So does my gamer unlocked status end on 9/11 or 10/1?[/QUOTE]When it comes to GCU go by the RZ site.

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']does anyone know if you can pricematch black friday deals? im not sure if i should preorder assassins creed or wait.[/QUOTE]You're overthinking the deal
1-Even if you're not silver BB extends the return/pm window during the holidays so you'll have to I believe early/mid Febuary to pm games released after Mid October.(This is based off what's happened the last 3 yrs)
2-Last yr the b2g1 coupons for GCU where avail/eligble for use on B which provided the best deal but BB caught on & now they expire right before you could use them.
3-Generally, the BB BF deals are around $35 for new releases so you'd be choosing btwn a $40 pm w/$20 credit + 80 base RZ points vs $35 + 70 base RZ points. Since you have the extended pm you still have a good chance to pm the game close to $35 probably from Target who does the $17/$27/$37 game sales thru out the holidays.
Just follow this thread during the return period for the games you want you'll get the matches.

[quote name='boogie4114']To Enuf I'm sure getting points for buying and using Visa pre-paid cards varies by State because when I've used them in the past year I haven't received points with purchases made with the card AND buying them by combining BB giftcards into them even though others have said other wise.[/QUOTE]If you ARE NOT earning RZ points on the purchase & the usage of the cards there's a HUGE PROBLEM. Maybe a state(s) may have the order in which you get them skewed but since you're converting cash in the store per policy you're owed points.

I'll get confirmation for those who have been getting screwed & link it, it may take a few days since it's basically weeks end + holiday weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ps3gamer35']Enuff, BJs has Madden right now at 51.99 in store online. Will Best Buy price match this even though its a membership club?[/QUOTE]
My local BB price matches costco but they require proof like a receipt or photo showing the sale price.

Off topic, but relates to RZ. Does anyone know if I still get RZ points if I buy a mobile phone through their main site and not the Mobile RZ site?

Those of you who did this for NCAA; how long did a pending transaction take to appear in to your account? What day did you finally get to cash out the points? 31st day? 35th?

Thanks!

For NCAA I think it took a week to post pending then another 2 weeks to actually get $20.

Hoping it comes through before Borderlands 2 which shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='mewman13']I just got issued my $20 cert for NCAA football. I preordered it on June 17 for the July 10 release. The 1000 points had posted to my account last week but were pending. This morning they issued the cert for me since I have it set to $20. I had called and gotten my price adjustment at the end of the week, so i am very pleased at this deal. Thanks enuf![/QUOTE]
[quote name='mewman13']I have already received mine.

I preordered NCAA 13 on 6/17, picked up the game 7/10. The 1000 points posted into my account shortly after pickup (I forget when exactly), and I was issued my $20 certificate on 7/18.

Until more people report in, I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but the cert was issued 31 days after preorder, or 1 day after the final day for pickup.[/QUOTE]

Here's what I posted last month about the points

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']For NCAA I think it took a week to post pending then another 2 weeks to actually get $20.

Hoping it comes through before Borderlands 2 which shouldn't be a problem.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I'm going to get to use mine for NHL 13. Don't think the timing will work out right.

[quote name='mgford11']Those of you who did this for NCAA; how long did a pending transaction take to appear in to your account? What day did you finally get to cash out the points? 31st day? 35th?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
It should take exactly 30 days like regular RZ points.

[quote name='slowdive21']My madden purchase is showing, but the 1000 bonus points are not listed on it (NCAA it was on the same entry). fucking bestbuy[/QUOTE]

First time BB has ever messed up my pre order.

Not worried, just don't want to go through the phone call in 30 days.

If the promo worked correctly for Madden what will it say exactly under your points and purchases pending section of your rewardzone account?

[quote name='slowdive21']My madden purchase is showing, but the 1000 bonus points are not listed on it (NCAA it was on the same entry). fucking bestbuy[/QUOTE]
Mine is the same way. I'm holding out hope that the reward zone is screwed up for now and will update the points any day now. I'm losing hope though.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']Mine is the same way. I'm holding out hope that the reward zone is screwed up for now and will update the points any day now. I'm losing hope though.[/QUOTE]
Takes 30 days for the giftcard stuff to show up. All of them are this way. I did the Max Payne 3 gift card deal and it took exactly 30 days before my account showed anything. Then Poof there it was ready to use.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Mine isnt showing either, NCAA had it in the same transaction, if there is a problem, I'll get it fixed, same as last year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Not too worried since there is obviously a record of preorder and purchase on my account.

[quote name='Smite'][quote name='Enuf']

Enuf,

Odd, I never got mine and it has been way over 6 weeks (more like 6 months) and I posted in the forums a while back. Is there a number to call?[/QUOTE]Send a pm to the mod who commented on your forums post probably Alllan or Kyle.

[quote name='ps3gamer35']Enuff, BJs has Madden right now at 51.99 in store online. Will Best Buy price match this even though its a membership club?[/QUOTE]BestBuy WILL MATCH membership site as long as the terms of a regular pm are met. Last fall I was able to help lots of CAG's score($85 each) UC3 & B:AC CE pm's from Sam's club this way.

[quote name='Geco17']Off topic, but relates to RZ. Does anyone know if I still get RZ points if I buy a mobile phone through their main site and not the Mobile RZ site?[/QUOTE]Yes, you get points thru BB.com

[quote name='thelwig14']First time BB has ever messed up my pre order.

Not worried, just don't want to go through the phone call in 30 days.[/QUOTE]CAG is now an official BestBuy affiliate so I'm hoping there will be a BB rep on here soon enuf which will help streamline any issue vs us having to call.

I see this having a good effect on the widespread system issues that plague them & this is the 2nd major change that has been made in less than 2 months(1st was welcome kits/coupon packs being made avail in-store) so if they continue down this path with alot of the ideax that are avail. gamers will really benefit.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/278/page/2#comments

I got my points already for Madden 13, not Pending....however, no $20 GC. I got like 162 points for Madden though....got me another $5 RZ cert.

I'm curious about this, but it seems like I am the only one.

The points for NCAA posted to my account a couple days after pickup, but I was able to USE the points 7 days after pickup. BUT it also happpened to be 31 days after I preordered the game. So I was wondering if the points are usable based on the preorder date or the pickup date, or if my situation was just a fluke.

The world sure is pessimistic now.

Just give it a week or two. Patience. Madden points aren't worth worrying yet.

I'm not saying be ignorant and oblivious, but this ain't fantasy football either.

[quote name='jr1016']Actually they put a hold on the funds right away, but doesn't fully charge you until you pick up.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for letting me know, glad I didn't listen to the other guy lol. I'd do this if I could put like $5 down and pay the rest when I pick it up, but them holding the money is the same as paying for the game now which I can't do
:(

Even Gamestop lets you put a little down and pay the rest later right?

[quote name='therealdanhill']Thanks for letting me know, glad I didn't listen to the other guy lol. I'd do this if I could put like $5 down and pay the rest when I pick it up, but them holding the money is the same as paying for the game now which I can't do
:(

Even Gamestop lets you put a little down and pay the rest later right?[/QUOTE]
It's $5 down in-store at Best Buy also. It's only online where they put a pending hold for the full amount, same applies to gamestop's website.

Did anyone notice that COD Black Ops II is off the list on the Best Buy website? Maybe because they are reworking it to show the Hardend Edition and the other edition they have.

No, its because its been off forever. It's still a part of the promotion however, so lets please not start that.

Somebody needs to start every new page with "Call of Duty Black Ops II is still part of this promotion".

[quote name='advanced']No, its because its been off forever. It's still a part of the promotion however, so lets please not start that.

Somebody needs to start every new page with "Call of Duty Black Ops II is still part of this promotion".[/QUOTE]

Considering it is literally on every page in this thread and the question still gets asked with incredible frequency, the likelihood that this would prevent people from still asking the question is slim to none.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Considering it is literally on every page in this thread and the question still gets asked with incredible frequency, the likelihood that this would prevent people from still asking the question is slim to none.[/QUOTE]

I know. :(

[quote name='mewman13']I'm curious about this, but it seems like I am the only one.

The points for NCAA posted to my account a couple days after pickup, but I was able to USE the points 7 days after pickup. BUT it also happpened to be 31 days after I preordered the game. So I was wondering if the points are usable based on the preorder date or the pickup date, or if my situation was just a fluke.[/QUOTE]

I got mine a couple days early for NCAA but I did preorder a couple days before release because of the $10 pick up deal, did madden on the 13th of last month so I will see sometime around the 15th I guess. Also my madden is not showing the 1000 bonus points yet either, might post on the community forums next week if it still is not there. Just got done preordering RE6, Borderlands 2, and Blops 2 HE all for 360 right now. I am going to wait until my pitch in card gets here so I can load it with my 6 $10 store pick up codes and when I get my madden rewardzone points to preorder dishonored, warfighter, and ass 3. Then use those rewards for Halo 4, another Blops 2, and maybe far cry 3.

i have a question for those who preordered dishonored from bestbuy, and received the usb oil lamp, can you post a pic of it?

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Anybody's points post pending yet?[/QUOTE]

Not yet.

[quote name='slowdive21']Wait the oil lamps are instore? I thought they mail them out?[/QUOTE]

I was under the same impression. I haven't seen them instore at least.

[quote name='ajh2298']Do you still only put $5.00 on in-store preorders, or is there now an option to pay for them in full at time of pre-order?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, only $5 still.

[quote name='Althax']Any chance xcom is on that list and I'm just blind?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

I've got a question about this Promo (sorry if it's been asked already). I have Resident Evil and Dishonored preordered. It looks like the last day to pick up RE is 10/9, which is the first day you can pick up dishonored. If I go in on that date, can I use my buy 2 get 1 free coupon I have from joining GCU? Seems like a pretty awesome deal, even if the free game ends up being traded back right away for some credit.

[quote name='mpaullin']I've got a question about this Promo (sorry if it's been asked already). I have Resident Evil and Dishonored preordered. It looks like the last day to pick up RE is 10/9, which is the first day you can pick up dishonored. If I go in on that date, can I use my buy 2 get 1 free coupon I have from joining GCU? Seems like a pretty awesome deal, even if the free game ends up being traded back right away for some credit.[/QUOTE]
Interesting idea... if this works I'll probably try this too. :)

[quote name='mpaullin']I've got a question about this Promo (sorry if it's been asked already). I have Resident Evil and Dishonored preordered. It looks like the last day to pick up RE is 10/9, which is the first day you can pick up dishonored. If I go in on that date, can I use my buy 2 get 1 free coupon I have from joining GCU? Seems like a pretty awesome deal, even if the free game ends up being traded back right away for some credit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='k1ngster']Interesting idea... if this works I'll probably try this too. :)[/QUOTE]It won't work since the B2G1 coupon from the welcome packet only works on new games $39.99 or lower.

[quote name='Vigilante']It won't work since the B2G1 coupon from the welcome packet only works on new games $39.99 or lower.[/QUOTE]

I always interpreted this as the free game must be $39.99 or lower. So all three games have to be < $39.99? That would be dumb. Can anyone confirm or deny?

if I remember right from last year this worked fine during a scheduled b2g1 as long as when you picked it up they didn't do a return on your original preorder. So just bring the other two games up when you go to pick up your preorder and there's a good chance it'll get rung correctly.

Edit: as pointed out above, of course the conditions of the b2g1 coupon make a difference too

[quote name='mpaullin']I always interpreted this as the free game must be $39.99 or lower. So all three games have to be < $39.99? That would be dumb. Can anyone confirm or deny?[/QUOTE]
I helped another person on the BB forums with this and kyle from corporate didn't add anything more to my response after he thanked me for the assist so it should be

I know when they did that buy 2 get 1 under 39.99 in the past, I bought kingdom of amalur on release day, halo anniversary and got metal gear hd for 360 free.

So it worked for me with one game being full release price at $59.99.

It makes 0 sense that they limit the bought games to $39.99 & under. What they dont want more money?

I preordered (the week before it came out) Madden 13 and picked it up, should I be alright with the $20? I just want to double check.

[quote name='Lazer77']I preordered (the week before it came out) Madden 13 and picked it up, should I be alright with the $20? I just want to double check.[/QUOTE]

as long as you have the receipt for the purchase, you should be fine if anything happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back