Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to preorder FIFA and then realized it was compatible with PS Move.
How do you play football with the Move? Strap it on your leg? :lol:

[quote name='TooPoor']Was going to preorder FIFA and then realized it was compatible with PS Move.
How do you play football with the Move? Strap it on your leg? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I hang dong because it makes it more challenging, but to each his own.

[quote name='TooPoor']Was going to preorder FIFA and then realized it was compatible with PS Move.
How do you play football with the Move? Strap it on your leg? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh great, not only do we have flying Wii motes and move controllers, now we have people flat out kicking their huge ass flat panel TVs?!

Jecht Shot anyone?

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm going to put in a pre-order for Borderlands 2 this weekend. I'm joining the party.[/QUOTE]
All the cool kids are in the party :lol:

Anyone know how long best buy online orders take to get delivered? Specifically how long after release date do get them? If I could avoid the drive and long lines I'd get more games.

[quote name='kelo360']Anyone know how long best buy online orders take to get delivered? Specifically how long after release date do get them? If I could avoid the drive and long lines I'd get more games.[/QUOTE]

if you want to get the game as soon as possible after release, you should avoid having shipped to your home.

[quote name='Kevlar338']Looks like we have our first price match opportunity for madden it's on sale for 50 at target starting Sunday[/QUOTE]

Correction: this is the second time. First was 45 by Toys R Us on day 1.

[quote name='WTFD4V1D']I asked the worker at my store who seems on top of everything and he says you don't see pending points. It just appears after 30 days[/QUOTE]

No NCAA had 1000 points pending a week after pickup.

I'm not preordering Borderlands till I at least see pending points.

[quote name='Evolved']No $20 for NHL 13 right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='godsmack13']unfortunately no. But damn don't I wish it did![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Evolved']Me and you both, buddy.[/QUOTE]

Next best thing is Amazon for a $15 credit + the Bauer pack DLC or something like that.

Just called best buy told them about the Madden 13 sale at target and said "alright, well be mailing it to you and you should get it in 7-10 days". I don't even think he looked it up lol. When he asked me "you said target is selling it for $49.99" I almost told him "no $39.99" just because he literally just got my order # and that was it. I was on the phone for like 1 minute and got my email right when I hung up

Not that it was necessary but i got a RZ email promoting a $20 cert with a Black Ops 2 preorder. The amount of $20 was buried in the fine print on the bottom of the email oddly.

[quote name='Kevlar338']I stand corrected missed the 45 a tru , wish I knew though 45 sounds better than 50[/QUOTE]

Not only does it sound better, I just verified that it actually is better.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Borderlands 2 will be the greatest game ever! (I am hoping for A LOT better then Skyrim.)[/QUOTE]
Did the skyrim collector's edition for ps3 ever drop below $60?
I bought the xbox ce for $25 or $30 but I was waiting on the ps3 version to buy as a gift.

[quote name='JayRooster']Just called best buy told them about the Madden 13 sale at target and said "alright, well be mailing it to you and you should get it in 7-10 days". I don't even think he looked it up lol. When he asked me "you said target is selling it for $49.99" I almost told him "no $39.99" just because he literally just got my order # and that was it. I was on the phone for like 1 minute and got my email right when I hung up[/QUOTE]
I wonder why they are mailing you a physical gift card. If you pay by credit card or gift card they just do a price adjustment and credit the $10 back to your credit card or gift card. At least, that's the way it has always been for me. Congratz on getting the price match, though.

[quote name='PublikDefender']I wonder why they are mailing you a physical gift card. If you paid by credit card or gift card they just do a price adjustment and credit the $10 back to your credit card or gift card. At least, that's the way it has always been for me.[/QUOTE]

The BB rep mentioned that but I had already thrown away the gift card I used a long time ago thinking I wasn't going to need it again

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Borderlands 2 will be the greatest game ever! (I am hoping for A LOT better then Skyrim.)[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty tall order. Skyrim is considered by many to be a GOTY for 2011. Not sure if Borderlands 2 can top that realistically speaking.

[quote name='JayRooster']The BB rep mentioned that but I had already thrown away the gift card I used a long time ago thinking I wasn't going to need it again[/QUOTE]
no luck here. csr said i had to wait til sunday because the target employee she called said that he couldn't confirm the upcoming ad yet.

[quote name='PublikDefender']no luck here. csr said i had to wait til sunday because the target employee she called said that he couldn't confirm the upcoming ad yet.[/QUOTE]

You should try calling back tomorrow and say there's a sale for $39.99 at target and hope he doesn't check because the rep I talked to I know for fact did not call or check his computer or anything, he just took my word and believed me.

Edit: if this is illegal/fraud, I will gladly delete this.

Anyone know for sure if we get the $20 RZ cert with the special editions of black ops 2? The guy that works the gaming section at my store didn't really know (he said he knows the assassins creed special editions are getting the $20 but hasn't heard on blops 2), and it doesn't show it as being part of the promo on the pre-order kiosk. I did a preorder for the hardened edition today but if it doesnt get the 20 RZ cert I'll just go with the regular. I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere in the post.

halo 4 is the only one I definitely will get,
AC3 will be $10 in march like every other AC game i think so that is out.
Borderlands gets boring in 5 days so not spending $ on that until it is like $20
Black ops 2 is a maybe, if i have money i'l get it...
everything else I wouldn't want anyway.

[quote name='JEFFaJAX23']Anyone know for sure if we get the $20 RZ cert with the special editions of black ops 2? The guy that works the gaming section at my store didn't really know (he said he knows the assassins creed special editions are getting the $20 but hasn't heard on blops 2), and it doesn't show it as being part of the promo on the pre-order kiosk. I did a preorder for the hardened edition today but if it doesnt get the 20 RZ cert I'll just go with the regular. I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere in the post.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was covered...in the FAQs of the OP.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

You're welcome!

[quote name='usrevenge']halo 4 is the only one I definitely will get,
AC3 will be $10 in march like every other AC game i think so that is out.
Borderlands gets boring in 5 days so not spending $ on that until it is like $20
Black ops 2 is a maybe, if i have money i'l get it...
everything else I wouldn't want anyway.[/QUOTE]

Idk about other CAGs but I had a difficult time trying to find assassins creed brotherhood under $15-$20 until I finally got it from gohastings for $10 shipped.

[quote name='JayRooster']Idk about other CAGs but I had a difficult time trying to find assassins creed brotherhood under $15-$20 until I finally got it from gohastings for $10 shipped.[/QUOTE]

That's cause Brotherhood was great, same with AC2. The only reason why ACR was so cheap so quickly was because it wasn't too good. It played a lot like 1, which was extremely repetitive.

[quote name='Geco17']That's cause Brotherhood was great, same with AC2. The only reason why ACR was so cheap so quickly was because it wasn't too good. It played a lot like 1, which was extremely repetitive.[/QUOTE]

Don't say that, Im almost done with ACB and was looking forward to finally get started on ACR until you said that... no wonder Ubisoft put AC1 in ACR for free

[quote name='Geco17']That's cause Brotherhood was great, same with AC2. The only reason why ACR was so cheap so quickly was because it wasn't too good. It played a lot like 1, which was extremely repetitive.[/QUOTE]

It was repetitive because it was the 3rd game in the 2nd series using the formula, lol. Do you think they would have put a lot of time and effort into engineering new stuff for a yearly update to a game using an old engine? Lol

Do you guys think dishonored is gonna be a 8/10 or 9/10 game on IGN? The gameplay and graphics look so sweet, then again I own a PS3 and the game is made by Bethesda so you know what that means.. But if the game is supposed to be amazing, I'd definately pre order this

[quote name='JayRooster']Do you guys think dishonored is gonna be a 8/10 or 9/10 game on IGN? The gameplay and graphics look so sweet, then again I own a PS3 and the game is made by Bethesda so you know what that means.. But if the game is supposed to be amazing, I'd definately pre order this[/QUOTE]

Bethesda is just the publisher... Which, might mean you should be more worried. Because I cannot think of a single game that Bethesda just published that didn't have serious issues. The most high profile of recent is Rage, which seemed very much to be a love or hate affair. Less recently, Brink and Hunted: the Demon's Forge.

So... Yeah. Not a real history of quality there.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Bethesda is just the publisher... Which, might mean you should be more worried. Because I cannot think of a single game that Bethesda just published that didn't have serious issues. The most high profile of recent is Rage, which seemed very much to be a love or hate affair. Less recently, Brink and Hunted: the Demon's Forge.

So... Yeah. Not a real history of quality there.[/QUOTE]

The game looks great but you are sadly right about Bethesda when it comes to games not called Fallout or Elder Scrolls.

[quote name='Donut2922']That's a pretty tall order. Skyrim is considered by many to be a GOTY for 2011. Not sure if Borderlands 2 can top that realistically speaking.[/QUOTE]

Well I HATED Skyrim and loved the first Borderlands. Skyrim I played for a 5-6 hours and just got bored. All the missions felt the same, retrieve this, retrieve that. Bethsheba then released overpriced DLC that 2 systems might not even get.
Borderlands was co-op throughout, didn't have to worry about item weight, was humorous, had elemental guns, and last but not least, reasonably priced DLC and all systems got it at the same time.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Bethesda is just the publisher... Which, might mean you should be more worried. Because I cannot think of a single game that Bethesda just published that didn't have serious issues. The most high profile of recent is Rage, which seemed very much to be a love or hate affair. Less recently, Brink and Hunted: the Demon's Forge.

So... Yeah. Not a real history of quality there.[/QUOTE]

if that is true, it is either going to end up on bestbuy as the deal of the day for $5 eventually, or $5 with the gamers unlocked club coupons

[quote name='Mugatu']The game looks great but you are sadly right about Bethesda when it comes to games not called Fallout or Elder Scrolls.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I got Brink day 1 goes it looked great and all that... and it was a complete and utter disaster.

Now, I'm not claiming that Dishonored is going to suck. In fact I do currently have it preordered and I hope its awesome as it looks... but, well, I doubt I keep my preorder... Just too many other games of none quality that I know will serve me well this fall/winter.

Did Brink get the same type of hype before release like dishonored? I know rage was really hyped up but that's mainly because the same developers that invented the FPS genre made the game. I just think that the teleportation in dishonored is so unique and think it can be 9/10 rated game. Ahh, decisions... If you could pre order one game between AssCreed3 and Dishonored, which would you guys choose?

AC3. Why? Known, established IP. The developers are highly regarded. An interesting setting that isn't overused in the video game world. Multiplayer.

I'm also a big fan of the AC series after playing 2, Bro, Rev this past June, so I may be a bit partial. Dishonored does look good, but its the one game that has been on and off my list over the past few weeks. Its the one fringe title of this deal for me.

[quote name='JayRooster']Did Brink get the same type of hype before release like dishonored? I know rage was really hyped up but that's mainly because the same developers that invented the FPS genre made the game. I just think that the teleportation in dishonored is so unique and think it can be 9/10 rated game. Ahh, decisions... If you could pre order one game between AssCreed3 and Dishonored, which would you guys choose?[/QUOTE]
Three words: Whale. Oil. Lamp.

To give you a better answer, I think you'd be happier getting them both. I realize that it means an initial $120 to do so, but you know that the price of AC3 is going to drop inside the price match window (especially since we're talking pre-Christmas pricing). If Dishonored ends up being so-so, you're still likely to be able to trade it in for Best Buy for around $40 shortly after release.

When it's all said and done, at worst that $120 should give you around $80 in BB credit and AC3 for the cheapest price within the PM window.

[quote name='JayRooster']Did Brink get the same type of hype before release like dishonored? I know rage was really hyped up but that's mainly because the same developers that invented the FPS genre made the game. I just think that the teleportation in dishonored is so unique and think it can be 9/10 rated game. Ahh, decisions... If you could pre order one game between AssCreed3 and Dishonored, which would you guys choose?[/QUOTE]

Dishonored. Assassin's Creed's price will drop and drop quickly like it always does. :)

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Three words: Whale. Oil. Lamp.

To give you a better answer, I think you'd be happier getting them both. I realize that it means an initial $120 to do so, but you know that the price of AC3 is going to drop inside the price match window (especially since we're talking pre-Christmas pricing). If Dishonored ends up being so-so, you're still likely to be able to trade it in for Best Buy for around $40 shortly after release.

When it's all said and done, at worst that $120 should give you around $80 in BB credit and AC3 for the cheapest price within the PM window.[/QUOTE]

i agree, with the $20 rewardzone certif, it is still a good deal if the games turns out to be poor

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Well I HATED Skyrim and loved the first Borderlands. Skyrim I played for a 5-6 hours and just got bored. All the missions felt the same, retrieve this, retrieve that. Bethsheba then released overpriced DLC that 2 systems might not even get.
Borderlands was co-op throughout, didn't have to worry about item weight, was humorous, had elemental guns, and last but not least, reasonably priced DLC and all systems got it at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Skyrim was like a carrot on a stick with no carrot. Never any reward or sense of progression. Combat was poorly conceived, and really it was an utter snoozefest.

Borderlands 2 has me excited, as I enjoyed playing the first one co-op very much.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Dishonored. Assassin's Creed's price will drop and drop quickly like it always does. :)[/QUOTE]

If that's the case than wouldnt it be better to preorder AssCreed3 because of the 60 day holiday Price match guarantee (for everyone, not just silver member)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back