Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not one problem today. I gave her the sku for the DLC and it printed on my receipt. Interesting thing was the DLC rang up as $5 but packaged out when it totaled. You may be able to use that sku to buy the DLC without a pre-order. They also have one of those sweet posters so I was happy.

[quote name='knight19']I received the $20 GC/points for Borderlands 2 a few hours ago as well.[/QUOTE]

Pending or actually available to use? I was hoping to get mine to use for RE6, but figured it was too early.

Hmm, I asked the guy when I preordered Blands 2 and he said yea, you can get the $20 and use it for the other promotions, because I wanted to get RE6, then Halo after, stagger it each month so to speak, then when I picked it up yesterday, the guy said it takes roughly 30 days to register, which bothered me since RE6 comes out in 3 weeks. =/ Perhaps I can just use the $40 on Halo now.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Pending or actually available to use? I was hoping to get mine to use for RE6, but figured it was too early.[/QUOTE]

I think if you pre-order online, then the pending period actually starts with the date of pre-order (although obviously it won't come through before the purchase is completed by picking up in store or shipping). I remember I pre-ordered NCAA 13 almost a month before release, and I got my cert exactly 30 days after I pre-ordered, 2 days after I picked the game up.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Not one problem today. I gave her the sku for the DLC and it printed on my receipt. Interesting thing was the DLC rang up as $5 but packaged out when it totaled. You may be able to use that sku to buy the DLC without a pre-order. They also have one of those sweet posters so I was happy.[/QUOTE]

Where can I find the SKU for the DLC. I'm picking up my 360 copy tomorrow and I'd prefer to have the code on my receipt vs taking the chance of getting an email at a later date. I read back 10 pages and only saw mention of PS3 and PC.

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']Where can I find the SKU for the DLC. I'm picking up my 360 copy tomorrow and I'd prefer to have the code on my receipt vs taking the chance of getting an email at a later date. I read back 10 pages and only saw mention of PS3 and PC.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what the heck happened to my post with the link. Why would a mod delete a link to the BBY forum?

Anyway the skus are

5584519 :360:
5584564 :ps3:
5700413 PC

You can go to the BBY forum and look for the Borderlands 2 thread about pre-order codes.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am not sure what the heck happened to my post with the link. Why would a mod delete a link to the BBY forum?

Anyway the skus are

5584519 :360:
5584564 :ps3:
5700413 PC

You can go to the BBY forum and look for the Borderlands 2 thread about pre-order codes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='209chromatic']You can't transfer reward certificates to a pitch in card?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I think since they have expiration dates.

Ok, quick question. I picked up my order today and everything seemed fine. Got my DLC code printed on my receipt and everything. The only thing is, I forgot to give my Reward Zone info for this transaction. I gave it when I made the preorder, but not when I picked it up. Do I have to shoot customer service an email or should I be ok?

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Ok, quick question. I picked up my order today and everything seemed fine. Got my DLC code printed on my receipt and everything. The only thing is, I forgot to give my Reward Zone info for this transaction. I gave it when I made the preorder, but not when I picked it up. Do I have to shoot customer service an email or should I be ok?[/QUOTE]

I think your gonna need to contact CS

Does it have your reward zone info on your pickup receipt?

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Ok, quick question. I picked up my order today and everything seemed fine. Got my DLC code printed on my receipt and everything. The only thing is, I forgot to give my Reward Zone info for this transaction. I gave it when I made the preorder, but not when I picked it up. Do I have to shoot customer service an email or should I be ok?[/QUOTE]

You can add the purchase manually to your RWZ account via report missing purchases. You just need the customer pin number from your pick up receipt. I had to add it that way in the past and got my cert.

So I went to check and see if my borderlands 2 purchase went up on the reward zone website, and all of my purchases that I have made on that account have been taken off. Anyone else have something weird like that happen to them?

Well, my situation is half-solved--I had a good, long talk with a RZ rep on the phone about how I should get the $20 in RZ points because I "preordered" the :ps3: version of BL2 even though the preorder ticket was messed up with the UPCs. He tried to say that because I paid for the preorder deposit with a gift card, I wasn't eligible for bonus point promotions (WTF?), but eventually he relented to my reasoning and gave me 1000 points directly, which are now sitting in my account for dispersal when I choose. :D

Now I have to just wait 48 hours to not get a preorder DLC code emailed to me so I can call the regular BBY helpline to get a :ps3: code.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Pending or actually available to use? I was hoping to get mine to use for RE6, but figured it was too early.[/QUOTE]

I already used it to pre-order Dishonored.

[quote name='knight19']I already used it to pre-order Dishonored.[/QUOTE]This reminds me of a question I've meant to ask for some time: Is there any reason to not use RZ certificates when preordering any of the titles for this promotion? In particular, I thought it would make PMing easier in the future if you didn't use any since they lowered the cost of the item, not the total (like GCs).

For example, wouldn't it be difficult to PM a $39.99 sale price for Borderlands 2 at BBY if you used $20 in RZ certificates when you initially bought it, since technically you already paid $39.99 for the game?

I've got ~$40 in RZ certificates that I've held off on using on things I expect/hope to drop in price in the future in the event that PMing would be too difficult, but if I'm free to use them, I'd like to know. Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: *sigh* I just checked my email and apparently the BBY employee yesterday processed my "preorder" correctly, since I received a preorder code for the PC version. :bomb: I guess I have to visit the BBY forums now or try calling again.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Just got my madden points added to my totalq[/QUOTE]

Same. But does anyone how to turn the preferences off? I don't like my certz issuing themselves. I apologize if it has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.

[quote name='Geco17']Same. But does anyone how to turn the preferences off? I don't like my certz issuing themselves. I apologize if it has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]

Only silver members can bank points indefinitely. Otherwise you can pick what value of cert you want to issue automatically with $20 being the highest.

Well I think I've decided that I want to pick up Borderlands 2 now that all of the glowing reviews are out (was initially afraid that it would be "more of the same"), but the cheapass in me is full of regret since the $20 certificate is essentially dead. What do you think the chances are that I could get one anyway by calling the Reward Zone number?

The only reasons I think this could work is: I'm a silver member; I'm GCU; when you look up Borderlands 2 on bestbuy.com it still says "$20 reward zone certificate, find out how".

Maybe if I buy it and then call and play dumb saying "When will I get my reward zone certificate? I bought it before the 25 and am GCU". I could feign confusion because I'm pretty sure it used to be that if you preordered or picked up in the first week, these types of deals would work... Wouldnt be one of my prouder moments, but I'm considering it.

[quote name='Kyden139']Only silver members can bank points indefinitely. Otherwise you can pick what value of cert you want to issue automatically with $20 being the highest.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the response! Guess I'm taking my dad in to get his phone upgraded at BB so I can get the free Silver membership

[quote name='sninh']My borderlands cert posted today.I've had no problems with this promo at all[/QUOTE]

What was the description of the cert when you view your points and purchases on the site?

[quote name='mpaullin']Well I think I've decided that I want to pick up Borderlands 2 now that all of the glowing reviews are out (was initially afraid that it would be "more of the same"), but the cheapass in me is full of regret since the $20 certificate is essentially dead. What do you think the chances are that I could get one anyway by calling the Reward Zone number?

The only reasons I think this could work is: I'm a silver member; I'm GCU; when you look up Borderlands 2 on bestbuy.com it still says "$20 reward zone certificate, find out how".

Maybe if I buy it and then call and play dumb saying "When will I get my reward zone certificate? I bought it before the 25 and am GCU". I could feign confusion because I'm pretty sure it used to be that if you preordered or picked up in the first week, these types of deals would work... Wouldnt be one of my prouder moments, but I'm considering it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna play moral police but if you had any interest at all in BL2, why didn't you preorder it and then cancel later if the reviews were bad? Also I don't know what reviews you've read, but BL2 is most definitely more of the same in the best way possible. They've streamlined some stuff and the characters are different (except for turret bro), but it's the same beautiful game as Borderlands 1.

[quote name='Geco17']Thank you for the response! Guess I'm taking my dad in to get his phone upgraded at BB so I can get the free Silver membership[/QUOTE]
FYI, BBY had a phone freedom promotion that gives you $50 GC, I have used it 2 months ago don't know if it's still there.

[quote name='Geco17']Thank you for the response! Guess I'm taking my dad in to get his phone upgraded at BB so I can get the free Silver membership[/QUOTE]

Doing the exact same thing for my mom.

[quote name='TooPoor']FYI, BBY had a phone freedom promotion that gives you $50 GC, I have used it 2 months ago don't know if it's still there.[/QUOTE]

You had to register your number by 2/12/12.

[quote name='209chromatic']You had to register your number by 2/12/12.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I remember now. Work has destroyed my non-volatile memory...
Sorry about the misinformation.

So I just had something awesome happen today. I called a few days ago about my issue with the borderlands preorder because they put me down as having the PC version instead of PS3 so I called the RZ CS rep and he just issued me 1000 points on the spot (no pending). Now it says I have 1000 more points pending in my account so it looks like my points for BL2 were going to post on my account anyway. When I talked to the guy, he was super nice, he was like "so you've been having a bad day I take it, so I'm just going to check with my manager and see if I can issue the points" and I asked him if his manager says no, how am I supposed to know? And he just said "don't worry, I'll move mountains for you, I'm 100% he's going say yes" so I was like alright whatever you say lol. On top of all that he sounded like he was from Jamaica so it made him that much more of a badass

well my points posted but are pending until October 22, gonna call to see if it can be earlier

edit- actually it's showing only 38 points for a $20 purcahse which was when I went in and bought the Gamers Unlocked and pre-ordered Borderlands

[quote name='aircobra']I swear, some people can't just be content with getting the deal the way it is advertised. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, its fucking ridiculous.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']So I just had something awesome happen today. I called a few days ago about my issue with the borderlands preorder because they put me down as having the PC version instead of PS3 so I called the RZ CS rep and he just issued me 1000 points on the spot (no pending). Now it says I have 1000 more points pending in my account so it looks like my points for BL2 were going to post on my account anyway. When I talked to the guy, he was super nice, he was like "so you've been having a bad day I take it, so I'm just going to check with my manager and see if I can issue the points" and I asked him if his manager says no, how am I supposed to know? And he just said "don't worry, I'll move mountains for you, I'm 100% he's going say yes" so I was like alright whatever you say lol. On top of all that he sounded like he was from Jamaica so it made him that much more of a badass[/QUOTE]

you should have just been more patient. it's supposed to be 30 days before anything is issued since it's still during the return window. anything else is return/abuse. a lot of us regs frown upon that (see above).

i'm not even gonna worry about my cert until 10/18 (30 days). it won't be until then that I even bother CS (in the remote chance I even need to).

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']So I just had something awesome happen today. I called a few days ago about my issue with the borderlands preorder because they put me down as having the PC version instead of PS3 so I called the RZ CS rep and he just issued me 1000 points on the spot (no pending). Now it says I have 1000 more points pending in my account so it looks like my points for BL2 were going to post on my account anyway. When I talked to the guy, he was super nice, he was like "so you've been having a bad day I take it, so I'm just going to check with my manager and see if I can issue the points" and I asked him if his manager says no, how am I supposed to know? And he just said "don't worry, I'll move mountains for you, I'm 100% he's going say yes" so I was like alright whatever you say lol. On top of all that he sounded like he was from Jamaica so it made him that much more of a badass[/QUOTE]

case of good CS so abuse it I assume?this makes how many certificates you've racked up this week from CS?

p.s. I see you're a newb I'm guessing you came from slick deals ?

[quote name='Donut2922']you should have just been more patient. it's supposed to be 30 days before anything is issued since it's still during the return window. anything else is return/abuse. a lot of us regs frown upon that (see above).

i'm not even gonna worry about my cert until 10/18 (30 days). it won't be until then that I even bother CS (in the remote chance I even need to).[/QUOTE]

Why should I have been more patient? I got an extra $20 out of not being patient. I was worried I wasn't going to get the $20 in points since they put me down as a PC version instead of PS3. I don't understand how I'm return/abusing the system if they messed up my preorder, or so I thought.

[quote name='Rockinjs']case of good CS so abuse it I assume?this makes how many certificates you've racked up this week from CS?

p.s. I see you're a newb I'm guessing you came from slick deals ?[/QUOTE]

No, not abuse. I wasn't expecting to get another 1000 points at all

and no I'm not from slickdeals, and why would that matter? Are you a child?

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']No, not abuse. I wasn't expecting to get another 1000 points at all[/QUOTE]

really? when I just seen you state in another thread you have no problem calling and whining like a lil bitch to get certificates

[quote name='Rockinjs']really? when I just seen you state in another thread you have no problem calling and whining like a lil bitch to get certificates[/QUOTE]

Lol don't you have anything better to do than get angry for some reason I do not know

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']No, not abuse. I wasn't expecting to get another 1000 points at all

and no I'm not from slickdeals, and why would that matter? Are you a child?[/QUOTE]

No, you called expecting to get 1000 points by complaining. You overreacted by thinking you wouldn't get the original 1000 points even though it's only been 2 days since the game released. All you needed to do was wait a week or so like most of us would do before calling. Now you can easily just return the game and have a free 1000 points. You're the type of person that ruins these great deals for everyone else.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Lol don't you have anything better to do than get angry for some reason I do not know[/QUOTE]

Is this what your nickel and dime ass just PM'd me ?

$$$$a you don't rock J's, no $$$$as on CAG have swag. Go play your video games

I have no swag? you have no cash you've been calling complaining to best buy all week so you can have money to play your video games yet I'm the one who has no swag?find a better way than that to make money than be a scammer

[quote name='aircobra']No, you called expecting to get 1000 points by complaining. You overreacted by thinking you wouldn't get the original 1000 points even though it's only been 2 days since the game released. All you needed to do was wait a week or so like most of us would do before calling. Now you can easily just return the game and have a free 1000 points. You're the type of person that ruins these great deals for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

I never complained. All I did was explain to him what had happened to me and he just said "don't worry, I'll ask my supervisor if I can get those points for you" and that was all.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']I never complained. All I did was explain to him what had happened to me and he just said "don't worry, I'll ask my supervisor if I can get those points for you" and that was all.[/QUOTE]

The point is, you assumed an awful lot. You don't think BB was aware of the PC/PS3 glitch after God knows how many people brought it to their attention? You should have waited like everyone else. IF, after 30 days, the points didn't post, call CS. Otherwise you're trying to cheat the system no matter how you spin it.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']I never complained. All I did was explain to him what had happened to me and he just said "don't worry, I'll ask my supervisor if I can get those points for you" and that was all.[/QUOTE]

Again, you overreacted instead of just being patient. But go ahead and keep taking advantage of BB. It seems like you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back