Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing pending, but if I look at the transaction it shows 1000 points for preorder. Hopefully available by RE6. Played the demo and liked it. Getting Anthology edition so I'd be nice to use $20 gc from Madden and $20 gc from BL2 to knock price down to $50.

Sorry to repost this, but I think my question got buried amidst the various updates regarding the RZ points updating:

Is there any reason to not use RZ certificates when preordering any of the titles for this promotion? In particular, I thought it would make PMing easier in the future if you didn't use any since they lowered the cost of the item, not the total (like GCs).

For example, wouldn't it be difficult to PM a $39.99 sale price for Borderlands 2 at BBY if you used $20 in RZ certificates when you initially bought it, since technically you already paid $39.99 for the game?

I've got ~$40 in RZ certificates that I've held off on using on things I expect/hope to drop in price in the future in the event that PMing would be too difficult, but if I'm free to use them, I'd like to know. Thanks in advance. :)

[quote name='sasuke543']Thanks for sharing! I wouldn't have upgraded my phone at BB if you didn't share this! I still have one more month to wait till my contract is up![/QUOTE]

Just a heads up to anyone using the promo to upgrade their phone. I did this last month and I was able to use the $50 GC right away towards the purchase of the new phone and a couple hrs later I received an e-mail telling me to claim my $50 GC. At first I thought it would be the same GC number but it wasn't, so I actually got $100 GC. Just keep and eye out for a BBY email after purchasing phone.

[quote name='Vigilante']Sorry to repost this, but I think my question got buried amidst the various updates regarding the RZ points updating:

Is there any reason to not use RZ certificates when preordering any of the titles for this promotion? In particular, I thought it would make PMing easier in the future if you didn't use any since they lowered the cost of the item, not the total (like GCs).

For example, wouldn't it be difficult to PM a $39.99 sale price for Borderlands 2 at BBY if you used $20 in RZ certificates when you initially bought it, since technically you already paid $39.99 for the game?

I've got ~$40 in RZ certificates that I've held off on using on things I expect/hope to drop in price in the future in the event that PMing would be too difficult, but if I'm free to use them, I'd like to know. Thanks in advance. :)[/QUOTE]

I've wondered this too. The wife and I just bought a 3DS and NSMB2 and I used $45 in certificates, wondering if anything will go on sale in the next 60 days

[quote name='jr1016']Just a heads up to anyone using the promo to upgrade their phone. I did this last month and I was able to use the $50 GC right away towards the purchase of the new phone and a couple hrs later I received an e-mail telling me to claim my $50 GC. At first I thought it would be the same GC number but it wasn't, so I actually got $100 GC. Just keep and eye out for a BBY email after purchasing phone.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! Hope this works as well for the current promotion!

[quote name='Vigilante']Sorry to repost this, but I think my question got buried amidst the various updates regarding the RZ points updating:

I've got ~$40 in RZ certificates that I've held off on using on things I expect/hope to drop in price in the future in the event that PMing would be too difficult, but if I'm free to use them, I'd like to know. Thanks in advance. :)[/QUOTE]

I was always under the impression that what you said is correct. RZ certs lower the price and tax of an item so you can only pm if it's under the already lowered price.

[quote name='panda911']I was always under the impression that what you said is correct. RZ certs lower the price and tax of an item so you can only pm if it's under the already lowered price.[/QUOTE]

Actually RZ certs and Gift cards are treated as cash...

So the price match would be taken from the orginal pre RZ cert, Gift card price....

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Actually RZ certs and Gift cards are treated as cash...

So the price match would be taken from the orginal pre RZ cert, Gift card price....[/QUOTE]Actually, I don't think they're treated the same way:

Gift cards are treated as cash in that they're applied towards the transaction total. RZ certificates, however, reduce the price of each item in the transaction, thereby lowering the total you would have had without them (e.g., lower tax). In this way, you can easily PM a purchase where you paid using GCs, but I think it'd be far more difficult to PM a purchase where you used RZ certificates that lowered the cost of the item(s) in your order.

To be clear via an example, if you bought Borderlands 2 for $39.99 thanks to using a $20 RZ certificate, and it went on sale for $39.99 (either at Best Buy or at some other retailer that BBY could PM) within the PM period, you would have trouble convincing a BBY employee that you should receive $20 back since you technically did pay $39.99 (and the tax that goes with it) already--you just did so earlier.

Just thought I'd chime in and share that my 1000 points for BL2 just got added to my account. It hasn't been added to my points and purchases list yet though but it's definitely there in my pending points.

I had a problem price matching a game before that I'd used RZ certs on and had to do a full return then rebuy it at the price matched price. The RZ points were supposed to be returned to my account in 30 days but weren't so I had the fun of dealing with best buy's phone support to get them credited to my account again.

After that I just use my RZ certs on things I know won't get price matched later like the B2G1 free used games, games after the @gamer coupons, and lately refill cards for my prepaid cell plan.

I have not had a problem in the past using rewardzone certs to pay for items and then pm them, but I have never paid the full amount in rewardzone certs. So if you think a game is going to be on sale for $45 make sure to pay at least $15 of it with either cash or gift card and it should not be an issue and just ask them to refund you that first (I have always gotten cash or gift card back first).

[quote name='shady520']I have not had a problem in the past using rewardzone certs to pay for items and then pm them, but I have never paid the full amount in rewardzone certs. So if you think a game is going to be on sale for $45 make sure to pay at least $15 of it with either cash or gift card and it should not be an issue and just ask them to refund you that first (I have always gotten cash or gift card back first).[/QUOTE]

Yep 100% the way to do. It is also fun because the rep doing the PM has to do math to figure out the new price. I have had a could of PM's turn out even better because the rep calculated (in their head) the wrong amount to give back. You do need to remind some of them that u used a rz gc if they dont want to do the PM right away (they see the 39.99 price for BL2 but they didnt look @ the bottom of the receipt to see the method of payment).

I'm just gonna use my rz certificates on stuff like Halo 4 CE,Resident Evil 6 CE and anything else that I believe won't go on sale.

Nothing pending for me. :( I just sent them a message on the website. If I don't hear from them in a day or two I'll call. Hopefully this can be resolved.

Edit: My points are now pending too! 1162 thanks to my RZ credit card too.

[quote name='Vigilante']
To be clear via an example, if you bought Borderlands 2 for $39.99 thanks to using a $20 RZ certificate, and it went on sale for $39.99 (either at Best Buy or at some other retailer that BBY could PM) within the PM period, you would have trouble convincing a BBY employee that you should receive $20 back since you technically did pay $39.99 (and the tax that goes with it) already--you just did so earlier.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem PMing games I've used RZ certs on. The last time I did it required a manager override, but they were more than happy to help. If you tell them up front you used a RZ cert, they'll know how it works.

Best Buy support is full of dummies lately.

I pre-ordered 2 copies of Borderlands 2 (one for me, one for my bro). 1st off I only got one of the digital codes by email, but that's another story. I went to check my points and I see that I only have 1000 pending, when it should be 2000 (2 copies of the game).

I went to great lengths to try to describe this in an email. A woman writes back explaining that she does see 1000 points are pending and goes on to explain what pending points means.

I know about the 1000 points lady....please read the email again. So much wasted time on this issue.

Hmm, wishing I had gotten in on Madden and BL2. $100 in RZ Certs would have been pretty cool plus PMing. Couldn't justify the initial investment though. Basically going to commit to 2K12 and Dishonored. Probably ACIII as well.

If I pre-order and, for some reason, reviews come out and they are terrible, am I obligated to buy the game/do I lose whatever money I put down for the pre-order if I cancel the order or don't pick it up?

[quote name='Dysheekie']Best Buy support is full of dummies lately.

I pre-ordered 2 copies of Borderlands 2 (one for me, one for my bro). 1st off I only got one of the digital codes by email, but that's another story. I went to check my points and I see that I only have 1000 pending, when it should be 2000 (2 copies of the game).

I went to great lengths to try to describe this in an email. A woman writes back explaining that she does see 1000 points are pending and goes on to explain what pending points means.

I know about the 1000 points lady....please read the email again. So much wasted time on this issue.[/QUOTE]

To be eligible, you must be a Reward Zone program Gamers Club Unlocked member and meet minimum age requirements of purchased game at time of pickup or shipment. Visit MyRewardZone.com/gamersclub for list of eligible game titles, street dates, minimum age and other requirements. Street dates are subject to change by publisher. Offer valid at BestBuy.com and in Best Buy stores in 50 U.S./D.C. Game must be pre-ordered by street date and purchased as follows: (1) If you pre-order in-store or online for In-Store Pickup, purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date; or (2) If you pre-order online for Ship to Home, your purchase will be processed and shipped on or about street date. Please provide Reward Zone member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Eligible Gamers Club Unlocked members will receive 1,000 Reward Zone points (worth $20 Reward Certificate) per qualified purchase. Limit one award per member per title. Points will post to your account approximately 30 days from time of pickup or shipment. Follow instructions on MyRewardZone.com to issue your Reward Certificate. Reward Zone membership and Reward Certificates are subject to Reward Zone program rules. Gamers Club Unlocked subscriptions ($14.99 per year) are available for purchase in Best Buy stores only. If you are not a Gamers Club Unlocked member at time of pre-order, you must join in-store prior to game pickup or shipment. If you join on day of in-store pickup, enrollment must be on the same transaction as game pickup and member number must be provided to be eligible. If you join after game pickup or shipment, you will not be eligible to receive an award for that title. No dealers. No rainchecks.

Looks like I'm the dummy then. That really sucks - I wish I had read the fine print before getting another copy.

(In my defense, that text on their website is buried down pretty deep in a text box that uses light colored font and doesn't look like a normal scrolling box (i.e. no visible handle). It's almost like they didn't want people reading the rest of the fine print)

I would almost try to fight it if I thought Best Buy would give a damn.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dysheekie']
[/QUOTE]

You'll only be getting 1,000 RZ points if you used the same GCU account for those two. The limit of the promotion is one per account per game across all platforms.

edit: beaten to the punch.

There is nothing to fight, the terms clearly state that and I believe the terms are on all sorts of different pages with normal color font, just smaller size.

I successfully had my code emailed and points pending all without any sort of hiccup at all. Very happy with this promotion...might have to preorder Dishonored too.

[quote name='Dysheekie']Looks like I'm the dummy then. That really sucks - I wish I had read the fine print before getting another copy.

(In my defense, that text on their website is buried down pretty deep in a text box that uses light colored font and doesn't look like a normal scrolling box (i.e. no visible handle). It's almost like they didn't want people reading the rest of the fine print)

I would almost try to fight it if I thought Best Buy would give a damn.[/QUOTE]

I can see your point, but the front page of this thread has had this information on it for a while.

Didnt get my codes on my receipt or through email.
So I spoke to a BB rep on the phone who told me to call the store to get it resolved (because she had no idea what I was talking about after explaining it three times).
I spoke to TWO different in-store reps, one being a "Gaming Specialist", and neither could help me get the code. Both told me that I had to go onto xbox live and type in borderlands to get my code....

I have no idea who to call at this point, or what to say. Can anyone help me?
Not to mention I'll never get that hour of my life back.

My advice is to not preorder at Best Buy any more. I feel your pain. The gaming specialist at my store was able to rig things afterward to get me the DLC, but I'm not confident I'm ever going to see the 1000 RZ points.

I did hear back from the reward zone people and they said my 1000 points were added as "pending" on the 18th. They said to look at my account now. So I did. No sign of 1000 pending points anywhere. :(

[quote name='crunchewy']My advice is to not preorder at Best Buy any more. I feel your pain. The gaming specialist at my store was able to rig things afterward to get me the DLC, but I'm not confident I'm ever going to see the 1000 RZ points.

I did hear back from the reward zone people and they said my 1000 points were added as "pending" on the 18th. They said to look at my account now. So I did. No sign of 1000 pending points anywhere. :([/QUOTE]

When did you purchase it? RZ typically does not show transactions for 5 days. On top of that it has been screwy for the last couple weeks. Give it a week or so, then worry.

I'd agree with you, but they told me to look now and said it was there. It is not. But I'll give it a few more days, then try calling instead of emailing. I picked the game up on the 18th, like everybody else.

I preordered Borderlands 2 from Bestbuy.com and had the game shipped and it showed up Wednesday and I got an email with my preorder code on Tuesday and 1000 reward zone points are pending in my account. I'm ordering online the same way for NBA 2k13 and FIFA 13.

So, I read the terms and I had a concern. I am unlocked "through" 10/31/12. So if I picked up ACIII on release date, 10/31/12, I'll get my certs fine? Also, I assume I can't preorder Halo now, elect to not renew my unlock, and expect for the reward certs to come through, right?

[quote name='slowdive21']Please add this to the OP:

The PC and PS3 codes were reversed on the original thin/over-sized pre-order cards.

This may cause issues as people who bought the PS3 version actually had the PC code scanned when pre-ordering.

PC does not qualify for the $20 RZ cert.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-...ht/true#M14160

:hot:[/QUOTE]

According to the good gaming rep I deal with, BB was actually aware of this problem a while ago, and sent out directions on how to correct the problem to stores. The real problem comes in when you get stuck with someone doing the transaction who wasn't told or didn't listen to directions :)

And for whoever asked the other day, yes, they need to hit F11 to "package out" the items to get it to work properly.

FoS, I would think you should be fine for AC3, worse case scenario, a phone call or 2. As for Halo, no such luck without renewing.

I have the 1000 "showing" in my account, but still no dlc. The guy from bestbuy unboxed told me to take my receipts back in to the store and have them fix it. Third time this week in there. Lol.

[quote name='crunchewy']My advice is to not preorder at Best Buy any more.[/QUOTE]

i think this is a little too extreme. i've ordered all of the games online and i haven't had any problems with getting the rz certs or pre order bonuses

I preordered Fifa 13 for my nephew's Bday. If he returns it with a gift receipt, will the rz cert be deleted? I was told he would rather have 007 Legends.

[quote name='crunchewy']My advice is to not preorder at Best Buy any more. I feel your pain. The gaming specialist at my store was able to rig things afterward to get me the DLC, but I'm not confident I'm ever going to see the 1000 RZ points.

I did hear back from the reward zone people and they said my 1000 points were added as "pending" on the 18th. They said to look at my account now. So I did. No sign of 1000 pending points anywhere. :([/QUOTE]

Don't preorder in store just online. Did you actually check the transaction? My points aren't actually pending, but if you look at transaction it shows 1000 points earned.

[quote name='superman89']Didnt get my codes on my receipt or through email.
So I spoke to a BB rep on the phone who told me to call the store to get it resolved (because she had no idea what I was talking about after explaining it three times).
I spoke to TWO different in-store reps, one being a "Gaming Specialist", and neither could help me get the code. Both told me that I had to go onto xbox live and type in borderlands to get my code....

I have no idea who to call at this point, or what to say. Can anyone help me?
Not to mention I'll never get that hour of my life back.[/QUOTE]

Will be picking up my copy today after work and all this horror stories about not getting DLC or RZ points is scaring me. The only person that knows how to do all gaming related stuff was transfered to another store almost an hr away. Hopefully i won't have a problem.

I know that doing preorders online and doing store pickup is the best option but not everybody have the funds up front to cover the cost.

[quote name='jr1016']Will be picking up my copy today after work and all this horror stories about not getting DLC or RZ points is scaring me. The only person that knows how to do all gaming related stuff was transfered to another store almost an hr away. Hopefully i won't have a problem.

I know that doing preorders online and doing store pickup is the best option but not everybody have the funds up front to cover the cost.[/QUOTE]

Just try to make sure they don't rush through the transaction. There is a little bit of a delay before the options pop up on left side of the screen for them to hit F11 to package out the DLC. And of course make sure they do it as an exchange instead of a return. GL :)

[quote name='sninh']i think this is a little too extreme. i've ordered all of the games online and i haven't had any problems with getting the rz certs or pre order bonuses[/QUOTE]

Same here. No issues, especially when pre-ordering online.

Only problem I've had recently was renewing my Gamer's Club Unlocked. I paid for it in store weeks prior to it expiring, and apparently the magazine subscription renewed, but my RZ account wasn't reflecting the renewal (meaning I wasn't getting the bonuses for trade-ins, etc.). I called customer service and got it squared away, with 1000 bonus points for my trouble.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Don't preorder in store just online. Did you actually check the transaction? My points aren't actually pending, but if you look at transaction it shows 1000 points earned.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I just went back again and looked, and now I see what you are talking about. At the bottom in a blue box it does say "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus 1000". My purchase price for Borderlands 2 is listed as $7.99/$8.47 w/tax, which is also really weird. In any case, hopefully that means I'm set even though it's not showing as pending. This thing sure is confusing/a mess.

[quote name='kerouac kid']I preordered Fifa 13 for my nephew's Bday. If he returns it with a gift receipt, will the rz cert be deleted? I was told he would rather have 007 Legends.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, probably.

[quote name='crunchewy']Ok, I just went back again and looked, and now I see what you are talking about. At the bottom in a blue box it does say "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus 1000". My purchase price for Borderlands 2 is listed as $7.99/$8.47 w/tax, which is also really weird. In any case, hopefully that means I'm set even though it's not showing as pending. This thing sure is confusing/a mess.[/QUOTE]

yep you should be just fine. the Madden 1s the same thing, showed under the transactions but did not show in the pending total for a couple of days.

if you paid with gift cards or rz cert, you tend to get some funky totals in there. or the site is still just screwy.

If I do another pre-order, I will definitely be doing it online. If you pick in-store pickup, though, are we still subject to this craptastic system where the cashiers have to be trained in how to do it right, and aren't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back