Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Are there any early reviews on Dishonored out yet? Been looking around and can't seem to find any.[/QUOTE]It's possible there's an embargo on reviews that won't be lifted until the release date or the day before (just a guess).

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Are there any early reviews on Dishonored out yet? Been looking around and can't seem to find any.[/QUOTE]
Probably Sunday or Monday. If you haven't pre ordered you could always just do the 5 down in store in case it does turn out well.

Yep, review embargo is set until Monday, probably noon. I'm holding off on Dishonored as I'm getting a Bioshock buzz from it, which I thought was meh. Getting XCOM for sure though.

[quote name='Rockinjs']That's what it says in the fine print must be picked up within 7 days maybe you could get the manager to override and give you $20 back but that would be ymmv if they read the fine print in the promo[/QUOTE]

If I try for the $20 certificates do I go to the store or call best buy?

I'm honestly surprised to see on this thread so many people picking up NBA2k13. I was under the impression that most serious gamers didn't go for the whole sports game thing because it was a year by year cash cow that rarely got an update from the previous year's title (besides rosters). Hell, I was the only guy at my store Tuesday picking up RE6...like 8 other guys all picking up NBA. I was thinking "damn....". Nothing wrong with that of course, just an observation.

It might just be me though, as I could care less for most sports besides baseball and the occasional festive soccer match, and even then...i love my old Triple Play '98 and Ken Griffey's Slugfest.

Must just be a lot of basketball fans on here. Although while at BBY yesterday, i did glance at the box and saw it was produced by Jay-Z this time. That might make for new and improved gameplay and features, which if the case, I could see the bigger draw.

[quote name='jcp42877']Must just be a lot of basketball fans on here. Although while at BBY yesterday, i did glance at the box and saw it was produced by Jay-Z this time. That might make for new and improved gameplay and features, which if the case, I could see the bigger draw.[/QUOTE]

Jay-Z is my favorite player. He's also my favorite video game designer.
:)

[quote name='jcp42877']I'm honestly surprised to see on this thread so many people picking up NBA2k13. I was under the impression that most serious gamers didn't go for the whole sports game thing because it was a year by year cash cow that rarely got an update from the previous year's title (besides rosters). Hell, I was the only guy at my store Tuesday picking up RE6...like 8 other guys all picking up NBA. I was thinking "damn....". Nothing wrong with that of course, just an observation.

It might just be me though, as I could care less for most sports besides baseball and the occasional festive soccer match, and even then...i love my old Triple Play '98 and Ken Griffey's Slugfest.

Must just be a lot of basketball fans on here. Although while at BBY yesterday, i did glance at the box and saw it was produced by Jay-Z this time. That might make for new and improved gameplay and features, which if the case, I could see the bigger draw.[/QUOTE]

Three reasons.

1. The NBA2K series always brings quality so more people are likely to support a series that constantly produces good games.

2. The people who complain about yearly sport titles are the minorty.

3. $20 GC knocks it down to $40 if you want to look at it that way. Plus, if you decide you don't like it, you can turn around and trade it in for $42 So if you don't like it, you're not losing anything. If you like it, you essentially got it for $40.

Hell if anything, I was hesitant on buying it because I didn't want to support a hack like Jay Z.

[quote name='jcp42877']I'm honestly surprised to see on this thread so many people picking up NBA2k13. I was under the impression that most serious gamers didn't go for the whole sports game thing because it was a year by year cash cow that rarely got an update from the previous year's title (besides rosters). Hell, I was the only guy at my store Tuesday picking up RE6...like 8 other guys all picking up NBA. I was thinking "damn....". Nothing wrong with that of course, just an observation.

Must just be a lot of basketball fans on here. Although while at BBY yesterday, i did glance at the box and saw it was produced by Jay-Z this time. That might make for new and improved gameplay and features, which if the case, I could see the bigger draw.[/QUOTE]

Every year since 2010, 2K has been vastly improving the game over each year. While Jordan, and then his buddies, and now the Dream Team, are the buzz features, the base gameplay is hugely superior over the previous year before it. 2K kind of has to do this if it wants to keep making basketball games, seeing as how the board of directors doesn't want any more licensed games that lose money/critical appeal.

This year's game is far better than 2K12. Well worth my $54 (- $20 in RZ certs). Well worth it.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Three reasons.

1. The NBA2K series always brings quality so more people are likely to support a series that constantly produces good games.

2. The people who complain about yearly sport titles are the minorty.

3. $20 GC knocks it down to $40 if you want to look at it that way. Plus, if you decide you don't like it, you can turn around and trade it in for $42 So if you don't like it, you're not losing anything. If you like it, you essentially got it for $40.

Hell if anything, I was hesitant on buying it because I didn't want to support a hack like Jay Z.[/QUOTE]

And most importantly, a lot of people like basketball and video games and this is the only basketball video game.

Oh okay...well I'm glad to see some intellectual comments backing it up.

I may have to check out some of the 2k baseball games. "I" was always under the impression though that 2k games were a lot more technical in gameplay, and for baseball, I'd have better luck/more fun with a game like MLB The Show.

But yea, I think a lot of it is my general dislike of basketball in general. Played it at a younger age, was pretty pathetic, and have had a dislike since then haha. Always stuck with baseball.

[quote name='jcp42877']Oh okay...well I'm glad to see some intellectual comments backing it up.

I may have to check out some of the 2k baseball games. "I" was always under the impression though that 2k games were a lot more technical in gameplay, and for baseball, I'd have better luck/more fun with a game like MLB The Show.

But yea, I think a lot of it is my general dislike of basketball in general. Played it at a younger age, was pretty pathetic, and have had a dislike since then haha. Always stuck with baseball.[/QUOTE]

Eh I'd stay away from the 2k baseball games. They're a mixed bag.

[quote name='jcp42877']Oh okay...well I'm glad to see some intellectual comments backing it up.

But yea, I think a lot of it is my general dislike of basketball in general. Played it at a younger age, was pretty pathetic, and have had a dislike since then haha. Always stuck with baseball.[/QUOTE]

The Show is best baseball game and my sports GOY.

I buy Show and Madden every year eventhough its basically the same. You can't really change a sport so I don't know what people expect to be different.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Yep, review embargo is set until Monday, probably noon. I'm holding off on Dishonored as I'm getting a Bioshock buzz from it, which I thought was meh. Getting XCOM for sure though.[/QUOTE]

If you thought the first Bioshock was meh, you should stick with flash games and angry birds.

[quote name='slowdive21']If you thought the first Bioshock was meh, you should stick with flash games and angry birds.[/QUOTE]

bioshock is meh. it was amazing when i first played it, but its one of those games where once you try to play it again, you realize just how mediocre it actually is. it nails atmosphere, sure, but gameplay feels totally off. Clunky, almost, and certainly not fun on its own. i have high expectations for Infinite though.

[quote name='taylort3']bioshock is meh. it was amazing when i first played it, but its one of those games where once you try to play it again, you realize just how mediocre it actually is. it nails atmosphere, sure, but gameplay feels totally off. Clunky, almost, and certainly not fun on its own. i have high expectations for Infinite though.[/QUOTE]

i thought i read it somewhere bioshock infinite might be delay again, regarding to the release date

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Yep, review embargo is set until Monday, probably noon. I'm holding off on Dishonored as I'm getting a Bioshock buzz from it, which I thought was meh. Getting XCOM for sure though.[/QUOTE]
Bioshock buzz? You mean the game that changed what we expect from atmosphere in a game. If dishonored is anything like Bioshock (which I fully expect from the videos I've seen) I've no doubt it will floor people. It won't be Infinite good but more and more I'm afraid Infinite is getting pushed onto next gen hardware and we'll have to wait even longer.

[quote name='Woocls']Bioshock buzz? You mean the game that changed what we expect from atmosphere in a game. If dishonored is anything like Bioshock (which I fully expect from the videos I've seen) I've no doubt it will floor people. It won't be Infinite good but more and more I'm afraid Infinite is getting pushed onto next gen hardware and we'll have to wait even longer.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking more and more into Dishonored as it comes out and have no doubt it's a game I'll want to play, and I'd just preorder it right now to get the extra $20, but I'm a little tight on funds at the moment given other stuff I have going on, and they only hold preorders a week :/

I mean I have plenty to afford it, but since I just dropped $75 on Anthology...I might have to wait a bit for a full retail purchase.

I am playing through RE6 Anthology right now... Next games I'll want are BLOPS 2, Borderlands 2, and probably Dishonored.

Those should hold me for a good while.

Hrm, my RE6 purchase isn't even showing as pending. My RZ info was definitely entered tho, I see it on the receipt - I guess I'll give it a little more time & then call them if it doesn't pop up sometime next week.

[quote name='argyle']Hrm, my RE6 purchase isn't even showing as pending. My RZ info was definitely entered tho, I see it on the receipt - I guess I'll give it a little more time & then call them if it doesn't pop up sometime next week.[/QUOTE]
Same. I picked mine up on Tuesday and the purchase hasn't entered yet but my info is on the receipt. Hopefully nothings wrong...

[quote name='argyle']Hrm, my RE6 purchase isn't even showing as pending. My RZ info was definitely entered tho, I see it on the receipt - I guess I'll give it a little more time & then call them if it doesn't pop up sometime next week.[/QUOTE]

It can take up to 5 days for a purchase to post to your RWZ account.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Same. I picked mine up on Tuesday and the purchase hasn't entered yet but my info is on the receipt. Hopefully nothings wrong...[/QUOTE]

My RZ points have been screwed up all week and my RE6 pickup is also not showing. Stuff that posted months ago is back as pending and my points total dropped yesterday only to go up again today to the prior level. I'm not going to worry about it as it always seems to work out eventually.

Does your RZ info update when you pick up the game? I preordered RE6 and 2K13 in June, I tried to report missing points and it said my transaction was already posted. I paid with gift cards.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Give it five days to appear, it should. Marymarymary all over again.[/QUOTE]

lol yeah, it seems like people are always worrying or being impatient in this thread. I personally can't wait for Dishonored to drop on Tuesday so we can get the "It's says exchange on my receipt is that normal? Am I screwed?" questions over and over. :lol:

[quote name='bojay1997']My RZ points have been screwed up all week and my RE6 pickup is also not showing. Stuff that posted months ago is back as pending and my points total dropped yesterday only to go up again today to the prior level. I'm not going to worry about it as it always seems to work out eventually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm not worried at all at the moment. When it hits the 30 day mark and there's nothing then I will get worried. I was just commenting on how late it was taking since points for me always show up same day or the day after. :D

I personally think Dishonored will hit the market like Darksiders 2. I'm still preordering it to get the lamp, but I think the price will drop around $30 on sale. I have a feeling people will like the game, but complain about it being too short.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Give it five days to appear, it should. Marymarymary all over again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gamer4life88']lol yeah, it seems like people are always worrying or being impatient in this thread. I personally can't wait for Dishonored to drop on Tuesday so we can get the "It's says exchange on my receipt is that normal? Am I screwed?" questions over and over. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm not worried, was just posting to see if I was the only one, and apparently I'm not. I keep a close eye on my account, and transactions usually show up as pending one or two days after the purchase, this one didn't so I was curious.

Sorry if my post didn't meet the secret guidelines of the current CAG regime. :roll:

I'm not a fan of sports games but do far I've bought madden,FIFA, and nba2k13. I was having a hard time deciding to buy 2k13 cause I really didn't want to buy anything with Jay Z's name on it,but I figured it was basically a free shot to play it and the other 2 games with the $20 certificate and $42 trade in.

Btw, This is my first soccer and basketball game I've ever bought,and my first madden since '04 on the Gamecube.

NBA2k series, much like the gem of a series we all love and miss NFL2k are fantastic additions year after year, they just dont update the graphics a little and slap a new title on it (Im looking at you EA, but at least this years Madden was a worthy addition). 2k Sports does a damn fine job at making each year edition much better then the last by adding more modes, upgraded physics & graphics, much improved AI, and an addition of a must have feature (aka Jordan, Dream Team, etc.).

The big difference between EA and 2k Sports NBA2k series, is I always keep a close eye on the Madden reviews to see if its enough difference from previous years edition, to see If I will fork over $60 for the New Madden game (I havent purchased a Madden title since Madden 09, until this years version, which is one of the best yet in the franchise. NBA2k Series I always make a blind purchase on, and never worry about reviews, because I know 2k Sports will put out the highest quality product they are capable of and that has my full support (I purchased every single NBA2k since the franchise debut on Sega Dreamcast, and NBA2k13 is one of my favorite sports title ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question about the $20/unlocked preorder deal

I been getting on this promotion with Madden 2013, Borderlands 2, I preordered online w/in store pickup, and when going to the store to pick up the titles, I never have a problem getting the DLC (via Receipt or email) and $20 Gift cert.

I changed it around lately and instead preordered in Store with RE6 and NBA2k13, and been nothing but a headache to get my DLC and highly doubt cashier rung it up correctly to get my $40 Gift certs (2x$20 RZ certs) since she actually canceled out my original transaction (When I initially preordered, about a month ago), loaded my preorder down payment on giftcard, and procedded to ring up my preorder games, and applied the downpayment from giftcard to my order.

Has anyone's purchase from release day pickup on NBA2k13 or RE6 show up on their RZ account? Mine hasent yet, and always show up within 48 hours.

When doing future preorder for the $20 promotion, whats the best way to go about preordering to make sure everything runs smooth and you get all your DLC and RZ Gift certs, basically which method involves less input from the employee?

Preorder in store?
Preorder Online/w Instore pickup (This is what I would prefer)
Preorder Online/Bestbuy.com Ships (Rather not do this, much rather have it on release)

Thanks

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Preorder with in store pickup is always the best way. Never had any problems with $20 gc or DLC.[/QUOTE]

Good deal, my last preorder I did in store was Dishonered, so hopefully that one goes smoother then my RE6 and NBA 2k13. I would just cancel that preorder and then order online/w instore pickup but Im almost positive that would screw me out of the $20 RZ Cert since I technically already preordered it once, even though I canceled it.

Hmm just so this Dishonered preorder pickup goes smooth, I might just slide the cashier a piece of paper with a step by step tutorial on how to process a preorder pickup correctly.

[quote name='Poor2More']NBA2k series, much like the gem of a series we all love and miss NFL2k are fantastic additions year after year, they just dont update the graphics a little and slap a new title on it (Im looking at you EA, but at least this years Madden was a worthy addition). Sega Sports does a damn fine job at making each year edition much better then the last by adding more modes, upgraded physics & graphics, much improved AI, and an addition of a must have feature (aka Jordan, Dream Team, etc.).

The big difference between EA and Sega NBA2k series, is I always keep a close eye on the Madden reviews to see if its enough difference from previous years edition, to see If I will fork over $60 for the New Madden game (I havent purchased a Madden title since Madden 09, until this years version, which is one of the best yet in the franchise. NBA2k Series I always make a blind purchase on, and never worry about reviews, because I know Sega Sports will put out the highest quality product they are capable of and that has my full support (I purchased every single NBA2k since the franchise debut on Sega Dreamcast, and NBA2k13 is one of my favorite sports title ever.[/QUOTE]
Sega hasn't had anything to do with 2K Sports since 2005.

[quote name='Poor2More']lol Whatcha talking bout Willis :lol:[/QUOTE]
Sega doesn't own Visual Concepts which makes the 2K series. They sold them in 2005. What does Sega have to do with the series?

Also, you can hype up 2k sports all you want but they made some consistently AWFUL baseball games. They just hit a homerun recently with the NBA series.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Sega doesn't own Visual Concepts which makes the 2K series. They sold them in 2005. What does Sega have to do with the series?[/QUOTE]

I know I did a ninja edit after you mentioned it : )

[quote name='YBX87']i hope bestbuy can continue the $20 promo with some other games that releases in 2013[/QUOTE]

Me too, but hopefully they change it to Gift Cards instead of RZ points.

[quote name='strawyleader997']Is Best Buy still going to have the black ops 2 dog tags when the game is released because I pre-ordered in June and never got mine.[/QUOTE]

What dog tags?

[quote name='strawyleader997']Is Best Buy still going to have the black ops 2 dog tags when the game is released because I pre-ordered in June and never got mine.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck are you talking about? The only preorder bonus is nuketown 2025. Shit, Call of Duty doesnt even use dogtags period.

Remember, Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

Thought it was at time of pick up you get the dog tags, thats usually how all bestbuy preorder physical items work such as Dishonered USB Whale lamp, only time this is not the case if its a steel book (Assassins Creed III, Dead Island)

I believe COD:Blops 2 preorder items are Dog Tags, Nuke Map, and $20 RZ cert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back