Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slowdive21']They did say that, but my transaction has already posted (as in not pending anymore) for borderlands 2. Worst case scenario, you get 2000 points. ;)

I've also heard that in order to fix it they would have had to done something differently at pickup.[/QUOTE]Oh. According to my account, that transaction hasn't posted yet, so I guess the wait continues for me.

People stop freaking out about 1000 points showing up.

Same thing happened for Madden and BL2 then couple days later it showed up. You won't get the points 30 days anyway. Same for RE6 no preorder bonus, but I'm not worried.

Only thing I'm mad about is haven't got Anthology order. Tracking shows it got my local post office yesterday at 5 which is probably 20 minutes from my house. However I won't get it till Tuesday wtf. fucking post office man.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']You won't get the points 30 days anyway. [/QUOTE]
Not true. Madden, Borderlands and now FIFA all cleared for me within 10-14 days.

So I guess im not the only one having the RE6 issue? It gave me 64 points for the order instead of 1,000. I should just wait a few days for the 1,000 points to show up or call customer service now?

As much as I'm loving the gaming deals from BBY, it's getting really annoying/tiresome combating their systems to get what you're supposed to. I added three gcs to my pitch-in card and only one order went through. I was able to cancel and reapply one gc, but the other one can't be cancelled for some mysterious reason, so that will require a call. I preordered and bought 1 360 copy of borderlands and bought without a preorder in a separate transaction 1 ps3 copy of borderlands. I later returned the ps3 copy but for whatever reason that was the order that received the 1000 rz points, so now those are gone. That will probably require a phone call to sort out. When I traded in some games the other day, the gcu 10% didn't get applied despite giving my phone number 2 times. Phone call time. And it's annoying when some games aren't available for in-store pickup the weekend before they come out (I'm looking at you Dishonored), although that is less BBY's fault than mine. Regular customers aren't likely to put up with this many issues. I wish BBY would get it together.

[quote name='godsmack13']Correct. What you want to keep an eye out for is at the bottom of the transaction, where it says total points earned for this transaction, is a line item that says "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus."[/QUOTE]
I don't see that on mine. This is what mine looks like.

PS-PS3-RESIDENT EVIL 6
REWARD ZONE CARD
RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT
PS3-RESIDENT EVIL 6
PRE ORDER BONUS PS3-RE6

Total Points Earned with this transaction

Purchases
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo

Should I be worried or does the "RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT" mean I should get my 1,000 points with no problems?

Mine looks like this...

PS-PS3-RESIDENT EVIL 6 1 4815532 ($5.00) ($5.00) PS3-RESIDENT EVIL 6 1 4815505 $37.97 $37.97 REWARD ZONE CARD 1 5426639 $0.00 $0.00 Subtotal
(Sales Tax does not earn points) Sales Tax
Total $32.97
$2.66
$35.63
I think something got messed up cause mine doesnt say anything like yours.

[quote name='samusaran226']Should I be worried or does the "RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT" mean I should get my 1,000 points with no problems?[/QUOTE]

That signifies the 10% off on Pre-Owned games.

$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

[quote name='lordopus99']

[/QUOTE]

if you preordered in-store, you're supposed to get your DLC on your receipt when you go to pick up the game and receive it in your email as well. Just an FYI for people who did not know

[quote name='jcp42877']I was under the impression that most serious gamers didn't go for the whole sports game thing because it was a year by year cash cow that rarely got an update from the previous year's title (besides rosters). [/QUOTE]

[quote name='jcp42877']It might just be me though, as I could care less for most sports besides baseball and the occasional festive soccer match, and even then...i love my old Triple Play '98 and Ken Griffey's Slugfest.
[/QUOTE]

No offense man, but I've heard this "roster update" criticism from so many gamers over the years and it almost exclusively comes from people who don't buy or play sports games. If you aren't playing the new installments year after year, how are you in the position to say that they don't add enough stuff or that the games aren't improving enough?

Wouldn't that be like me criticizing the Resident Evil series even if I hadn't actually played it since the original came out? It seems that sports games are the one genre where it is completely acceptable for people to rip on them even if they don't play them or haven't done so in years.

Again, no offense, just a general observation that has always intrigued me. :)

[quote name='akathatoneguy']No offense man, but I've heard this "roster update" criticism from so many gamers over the years and it almost exclusively comes from people who don't buy or play sports games. If you aren't playing the new installments year after year, how are you in the position to say that they don't add enough stuff or that the games aren't improving enough?

Wouldn't that be like me criticizing the Resident Evil series even if I hadn't actually played it since the original came out? It seems that sports games are the one genre where it is completely acceptable for people to rip on them even if they don't play them or haven't done so in years.

Again, no offense, just a general observation that has always intrigued me. :)[/QUOTE]

No offense taken my friend :)

Your observation was just as good as my own. And I suppose you're right. I haven't played ANY of this current gen's sports games besides The Show. I just know quite a few people who bought a game system JUST to play NCAA or Madden, even NBA of some sort and it has just made me wonder why just a sports title when there are so many "better" games available? Personal preference I guess.

On another note, I went in tonight to preorder Black Ops 2 and Dishonored. I wasn't scheduled for work Monday or Tuesday this week, so I'm hoping to run through the game, somewhat patiently of course, to have the game traded in Tuesday to pay off most of Dishonored. I'd like to trade it towards Borderlands 2 instead (too moronic to have remembered to preorder this while while the $20 deal was going for it :roll:), but I know I only have 7 days to fulfil the preorder before it's cancelled and I lose out on the freebie $20, so Dishonored has to be first.

Also, the guy gave me a Black Ops 2 baseball cap and silicone Iphone 4 case "just cause". I don't see any of these on ebay or anywehre else...anyone else gotten these or perhaps want to trade for them?

[quote name='jcp42877']but I know I only have 7 days to fulfil the preorder before it's cancelled and I lose out on the freebie $20, so Dishonored has to be first.
[/QUOTE]

Just curious, does anyone know whether the seven days is counted FROM the release date? In other words, can I pick up RE 6 on Tuesday and still get the $20 bonus? I would ask the store itself, but since they incorrectly told my brother that games have to be picked up 5 days from release, I don't think they're so knowledgeable about their own store's policy.

If I can pick up my RE 6 on the same day I pick up Dishonored and XCOM, that'd be nice so I could consolidate trips (I'm about a half hour away from my local Best Buy).

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Just curious, does anyone know whether the seven days is counted FROM the release date? In other words, can I pick up RE 6 on Tuesday and still get the $20 bonus? I would ask the store itself, but since they incorrectly told my brother that games have to be picked up 5 days from release, I don't think they're so knowledgeable about their own store's policy.

If I can pick up my RE 6 on the same day I pick up Dishonored and XCOM, that'd be nice so I could consolidate trips (I'm about a half hour away from my local Best Buy).[/QUOTE]

I believe it's 7 from release date.

[quote name='jcp42877']I believe it's 7 from release date.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that seems logical. I tried searching the thread, but anything with the word "days" ends up bringing up several hundred questions about how many days it will take RZ certificates to become available. :roll:

I can't wait for Tuesday and the ensuing nonsense that I might go through at Best Buy....here's hoping I get some more free money if they don't fix the problems I had last Tuesday.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Yeah, that seems logical. I tried searching the thread, but anything with the word "days" ends up bringing up several hundred questions about how many days it will take RZ certificates to become available. :roll:[/QUOTE]

You could try calling other best buys just in case.

So out of curiosity to all the people on the fence about RE6, Dishonored, etc, and thinking of waiting til BF... Why not just have preordered now to guarantee the $20 cert, play the game and if you don't like it get the $35-42 back in TIV, or if you do like it and possibly STILL want to trade it in, just keep PM'ing it as sales go in.

For silver members like myself, the 60 day PM period is almost more than enough time for any of the games to go on sale, whether its $10 or $30. Not to mention how much BBY is promoting their PM policy guarantee on the back of receipts now.

Then just keep bringing in the original receipt everyone you have the chance to get some cash back. Seems logical to me a least. I just picked up Borderlands 2 for my gf's brothers bday (she paid me back), and kept the receipt so I can just go back and get some money back whenever it hits a sale and use that towards my own copy of the game when I finally want to get it.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Just curious, does anyone know whether the seven days is counted FROM the release date? In other words, can I pick up RE 6 on Tuesday and still get the $20 bonus? I would ask the store itself, but since they incorrectly told my brother that games have to be picked up 5 days from release, I don't think they're so knowledgeable about their own store's policy.

If I can pick up my RE 6 on the same day I pick up Dishonored and XCOM, that'd be nice so I could consolidate trips (I'm about a half hour away from my local Best Buy).[/QUOTE]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...er/pcmcat275100050005.c?id=pcmcat275100050005

I believe what the store is referring to is that they only guarantee to HOLD your reserved copy for 5 days, like Gamestop will only hold your reserved copy for 48 hours after release. For the purposes of the promotion, you have 7 days to pick up your pre-order. Technically, if a game sells really well, or the store doesn't get many copies, you might have issues picking up past the 5 day mark. I've only had that happen once though, when I tried to pick up my pre-ordered Deus Ex on the 5th day, and they had accidentally sold my held copy and didn't have any others in store. I had to wait for a new shipment to come in, then get a mod on the forums to fulfill the gift card offer.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Got to be fucking kidding me, you can't pre-order Dishonored for In-Store Pick Up still? Un-fucking-believable.[/QUOTE]

Um the game isn't out yet...I've never known of any place that allows you to pre-order online and pick up in store besides GameStop which would charge you money for doing it. And no I don't mean $5 online and then $55 in store. I mean it would be an extra $5 making the game cost $65.

Just because some places broke street date does not mean the street date was changed.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um the game isn't out yet...I've never known of any place that allows you to pre-order online and pick up in store besides GameStop which would charge you money for doing it. And no I don't mean $5 online and then $55 in store. I mean it would be an extra $5 making the game cost $65.

Just because some places broke street date does not mean the street date was changed.[/QUOTE]

Lol best buy has been doing in-store pickups on preorders for as long as I can remember now. What the hell you smokin on

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um the game isn't out yet...I've never known of any place that allows you to pre-order online and pick up in store besides GameStop which would charge you money for doing it. And no I don't mean $5 online and then $55 in store. I mean it would be an extra $5 making the game cost $65.

Just because some places broke street date does not mean the street date was changed.[/QUOTE]

Have no idea what this is in reference to. I don't think I said anything about street date being broken or whatever. I'm upset that I can't pre-order a copy of the game for In-Store Pick Up on Tuesday and have to get it shipped now. Same thing happened with 2K13 last week when I waited until Monday. People kept saying that they cut online pre-orders for In Store Pick Up off Sunday at 5pm so I figured I would have time. I was out all weekend and figured I'd get it in today since, much like 2K13, I was now sure that I'd be in the area of a BB on Tuesday for work (and not the usual 40 minutes + away that I usually am) so figured I'd just pick it up then.

Looks like another week of waiting. Hope to avoid spoilers. At least I'll have 2K13 to keep me busy, I guess.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Have no idea what this is in reference to. I don't think I said anything about street date being broken or whatever. I'm upset that I can't pre-order a copy of the game for In-Store Pick Up on Tuesday and have to get it shipped now. Same thing happened with 2K13 last week when I waited until Monday. People kept saying that they cut online pre-orders for In Store Pick Up off Sunday at 5pm so I figured I would have time. I was out all weekend and figured I'd get it in today since, much like 2K13, I was now sure that I'd be in the area of a BB on Tuesday for work (and not the usual 40 minutes + away that I usually am) so figured I'd just pick it up then.

Looks like another week of waiting. Hope to avoid spoilers. At least I'll have 2K13 to keep me busy, I guess.[/QUOTE]

for some unknown reason, bb has been cutting off online pre-orders for in store pick up, much earlier now. as well as instore preorder.

Damn, yeah I was about to pre-order Dishonored and noticed that. Oh well not a big deal, I haven't even played RE6 yet. I played the first chapter with Leon, and went back to my backlog to beat Downpour so I could trade it in.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Got to be fucking kidding me, you can't pre-order Dishonored for In-Store Pick Up still? Un-fucking-believable.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='YBX87']for some unknown reason, bb has been cutting off online pre-orders for in store pick up, much earlier now. as well as instore preorder.[/QUOTE]

Try ordering it for ship to home and then call CS to change it to store pickup. It's worked for me before. BB usually cuts off .com orders for in-store pickup around Sunday. I think preordering before 2 days prior to release date isn't asking for much in BB's defense.

My Borderlands 2 1000 points showed pending as soon as my purchase was posted on my RZ account. My RE6 purchase was posted, but no 1000 pending points. I called and they had to manual enter the points for me. They said they have no idea where the error occurred. They don't know why Borderlands 2 worked fine but RE6 did not. Either way, the RZ customer service is always awesome and it was an easy fix. I do hope the rest of my preorder points go through on their own though.

[quote name='Donut2922']Try ordering it for ship to home and then call CS to change it to store pickup. It's worked for me before. BB usually cuts off .com orders for in-store pickup around Sunday. I think preordering before 2 days prior to release date isn't asking for much in BB's defense.[/QUOTE]

i know that is the other alternative, but i hate calling bb cs. the wait time kills me. luckily i preordered xcom enemy unknown ahead of time, and do not have to worry about this happening. xcom is the game i am interested in

[quote name='mightymek']My Borderlands 2 1000 points showed pending as soon as my purchase was posted on my RZ account. My RE6 purchase was posted, but no 1000 pending points. I called and they had to manual enter the points for me. They said they have no idea where the error occurred. They don't know why Borderlands 2 worked fine but RE6 did not. Either way, the RZ customer service is always awesome and it was an easy fix. I do hope the rest of my preorder points go through on their own though.[/QUOTE]

i thought rewardzone customer rep does not work on sundays? lol

[quote name='mightymek']My Borderlands 2 1000 points showed pending as soon as my purchase was posted on my RZ account. My RE6 purchase was posted, but no 1000 pending points. I called and they had to manual enter the points for me. They said they have no idea where the error occurred. They don't know why Borderlands 2 worked fine but RE6 did not. Either way, the RZ customer service is always awesome and it was an easy fix. I do hope the rest of my preorder points go through on their own though.[/QUOTE]

The myrz site is so messed up. I lost 1000 points. My Borderlands 2 pending points no longer show up, my RE6 purchase also doesn't show points.

[quote name='eXiON']Damn, yeah I was about to pre-order Dishonored and noticed that. Oh well not a big deal, I haven't even played RE6 yet. I played the first chapter with Leon, and went back to my backlog to beat Downpour so I could trade it in.[/QUOTE]

you were playing silent hill downpour? man that game is unplayable on the ps3, with some of the frame drop/ freezing thingy, lol

[quote name='Donut2922']Try ordering it for ship to home and then call CS to change it to store pickup. It's worked for me before. BB usually cuts off .com orders for in-store pickup around Sunday. I think preordering before 2 days prior to release date isn't asking for much in BB's defense.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it's just a bummer because my work schedule and locations constantly change, so if I'm not going to be in the area of a BB for over a week, which has happened quite often, I don't want to pre-order something for In Store and then have to spend the gas money and time (again, like 1.5 hours round trip on average with light traffic and the gas on top of that) just to pick up a game. Usually I don't have the luxury of knowing until Sunday at the earliest where I'll be, so I hate chancing it because without eating up that special trip there's a decent chance I wouldn't be around one within the 7 days for the promo.

The other problem for me is that I might be around one, but until I get the schedule I don't know if I'll be near one 40 minutes on way, one 40 minutes the other direction, or the third that is about 40 minutes in a completely different direction, so can't just pre-order at a single one to be safe since I might not be around that store.

Thanks though, I'll try the CS thing. Do you just call the number of BB's website or the actual store itself?

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']I agree, it's just a bummer because my work schedule and locations constantly change, so if I'm not going to be in the area of a BB for over a week, which has happened quite often, I don't want to pre-order something for In Store and then have to spend the gas money and time (again, like 1.5 hours round trip on average with light traffic and the gas on top of that) just to pick up a game. Usually I don't have the luxury of knowing until Sunday at the earliest where I'll be, so I hate chancing it because without eating up that special trip there's a decent chance I wouldn't be around one within the 7 days for the promo.

The other problem for me is that I might be around one, but until I get the schedule I don't know if I'll be near one 40 minutes on way, one 40 minutes the other direction, or the third that is about 40 minutes in a completely different direction, so can't just pre-order at a single one to be safe since I might not be around that store.

Thanks though, I'll try the CS thing. Do you just call the number of BB's website or the actual store itself?[/QUOTE]

you have to call bestbuy corporate number on the website, that is the only way. that is what i did with fifa 13, when instore pickup preorder was not an option, why don't you choose the ship to home option, since you are not sure if you are even going to make it out to bestbuy, and pick up the game?

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']I agree, it's just a bummer because my work schedule and locations constantly change, so if I'm not going to be in the area of a BB for over a week, which has happened quite often, I don't want to pre-order something for In Store and then have to spend the gas money and time (again, like 1.5 hours round trip on average with light traffic and the gas on top of that) just to pick up a game. Usually I don't have the luxury of knowing until Sunday at the earliest where I'll be, so I hate chancing it because without eating up that special trip there's a decent chance I wouldn't be around one within the 7 days for the promo.

Thanks though, I'll try the CS thing. Do you just call the number of BB's website or the actual store itself?[/QUOTE]

Once you get a store to accept an in-store pickup after preordering you can always call CS back as YX mentioned and have them change your store pickup to another store.

[quote name='sninh']hmm my re6 and 2k13 1000 points arent showing on myrewardzone...*waits it out*[/QUOTE]

neither are mine but it'll eventually post.

I managed to pm fifa 13 through the phone. I called and said "it was 49.99 at tru and that it said it in the ad but i dont think they updated the site correctly so you have to ad it to your cart" then she did it and gave me the pm so ymmv.

[quote name='YBX87']you were playing silent hill downpour? man that game is unplayable on the ps3, with some of the frame drop/ freezing thingy, lol[/QUOTE]
Yeah I noticed the frame rate drop during "Saving" moments, but that's about it. Definitely not the kind of 'freezing' compared to what I had with Silent Hill 3 from the HD Collection thankfully lol.

[quote name='YBX87']you have to call bestbuy corporate number on the website, that is the only way. that is what i did with fifa 13, when instore pickup preorder was not an option, why don't you choose the ship to home option, since you are not sure if you are even going to make it out to bestbuy, and pick up the game?[/QUOTE]

It takes a while to ship. That's what I did now for my Dishonored order, but I might try the CS thing since I know I will be around one on Tuesday now. Thanks for all the help, didn't know you could change pre-orders or in store pick ups from store to store either, that will be a big help for the future.

[quote name='sninh']I managed to pm fifa 13 through the phone. I called and said "it was 49.99 at tru and that it said it in the ad but i dont think they updated the site correctly so you have to ad it to your cart" then she did it and gave me the pm so ymmv.[/QUOTE]

But it's not $50 at TRU

[quote name='Donut2922']But it's not $50 at TRU[/QUOTE]

The ad said 2 for 70 or 10 off 1 so if you go to the website and add it by itself the price is 49.99

[quote name='sninh']The ad said 2 for 70 or 10 off 1 so if you go to the website and add it by itself the price is 49.99[/QUOTE]

that is how i got them to pm over the phone too, since i ordered fifa 13 online at bb, so bestbuy is basically paying me to play fifa 13, traded it in last week, lost 6 dollar tiv, since it is at $27 tiv

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']It takes a while to ship. That's what I did now for my Dishonored order, but I might try the CS thing since I know I will be around one on Tuesday now. Thanks for all the help, didn't know you could change pre-orders or in store pick ups from store to store either, that will be a big help for the future.[/QUOTE]

you have to call within 1 hour after placing your online order to in store pick up

So what you're saying is you just calle BBY CS and told them you purchased RE6 but you didn't get your $20 yet and they manually entered the points so you have $20 to use now? If that's the case, lucky you

[quote name='Donut2922']But it's not $50 at TRU[/QUOTE]

I also successfully price matched it. When they call TRU and ask for the the price they say its 49.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back