Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got points for Anthology too. Now just waiting game to use them on Black Ops 2.

Hope we don't have a similar problem with Black Ops 2 with it not being listed online for promo though it is in store and rewards page.

I keep hoping that BB adds other games to the promo, such as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, but no such luck. I think I'll go with Newegg's $12 off for that and a few others in any case.

The last title I've preordered with this GCU promo is Assassin's Creed III, can't wait!

[quote name='.Virus']I still received my $20 Certificate even after returning Borderlands 2!!! :lol: SWEETNESS.[/QUOTE]

Hope you don't plan on doing this promo anymore because you'll have negative points now. But congrats on stealing!!!

[quote name='aircobra']Hope you don't plan on doing this promo anymore because you'll have negative points now. But congrats on stealing!!![/QUOTE]

It's jerks like him that ruin good things for everyone

Now we don't have free coupons

Now the only coupons we have from @gamer are terrible since they avoid having sales on games since people were buying and reselling

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']It's jerks like him that ruin good things for everyone

Now the only coupons we have from @gamer are terrible since they avoid having sales on games since people were buying and reselling[/QUOTE]

It's getting annoying that regs like aircobra, lordopus, you, and I have to defend BB in this thread. Common sense should tell you what's right and what's wrong already.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']It's jerks like him that ruin good things for everyone

Now the only coupons we have from @gamer are terrible since they avoid having sales on games since people were buying and reselling[/QUOTE]

Did I miss that ME3 was $10 last month?

Or that a Suda game was $20 within 4 months of release?

Or that this month has a great game like sleeping dogs, which already is seeing price cuts?

Man are people spoiled. But I guess that's a good thing because that means BBY has been going above and beyond.

While I don't condone stealing, I don't get some of the elitism in this thread. Perhaps he wasn't bragging at all and just stated that his cert still was in his account.

For all we know, he may have contacted CS and told them, and they just let him keep it anyway.

I'm all for doing the right thing, but sometimes good fortune just befalls some people. There's no need or a condescending tone scolding someone, almost to the point that it sounds like "I'm pissed that that wouldn't work for me, so unless you give the cert back, you're going to hell.."

Just an observation...

If a company gives you something that you did not pay for, you are not obligated to return it. If .Virus did nothing to trick the system and simply received points unexpectedly, then, no, that is not stealing.

[quote name='crunchewy']If a company gives you something that you did not pay for, you are not obligated to return it. If .Virus did nothing to trick the system and simply received points unexpectedly, then, no, that is not stealing.[/QUOTE]

But he knows about it now and can either: let the points expire at the beginning of the calendar year or use them now. 2 very different intentions. That'll be up to him. That's not elitism talking.

[quote name='jcp42877']While I don't condone stealing, I don't get some of the elitism in this thread. Perhaps he wasn't bragging at all and just stated that his cert still was in his account. [/QUOTE]

You must not have read his posts very well then. It's quite clear he was bragging about getting the cert even though he returned the game the week it was released. Whether he uses it or not, makes no difference since his account will be in the negative until he earns enough points to get out of the hole.

Mine haven't posted yet, but they should as it was released on the 18th and now it's the 18th. Probably it just takes time. Oh, and no, I didn't return it. LOL.

[quote name='KtMack23']Has anyone who bought 2K gotten their bonus to post?[/QUOTE]

Haven't gotten my bonus to post. I got the dynasty edition

[quote name='aircobra']You must not have read his posts very well then. It's quite clear he was bragging about getting the cert even though he returned the game the week it was released. Whether he uses it or not, makes no difference since his account will be in the negative until he earns enough points to get out of the hole.[/QUOTE]

even if i end up in negative... i still got my $20? and im not bragging i was just stating how awesome it was. I bet if it happened to anyone else they'd feel the same way! :bouncy:

Still no RE6 points. How long should I go until I contact them? I mean, how do you even know if they know to give you the points? I used my RZGCU Card when I preordered and bought it, but never got any kind of a communication that said "Hey, you have this coming to you".

[quote name='coopscohen']Price Match Opportunity at Fry's for Borderlands 2

On sale this week for $49.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, now to look for that receipt.

[quote name='Donut2922']It's getting annoying that regs like aircobra, lordopus, you, and I have to defend BB in this thread. Common sense should tell you what's right and what's wrong already.[/QUOTE]

Donut, you and aircobra really don't have to defend BB in these cases. Most of us that read this stuff recognize douchbaggery when we see it. It is just the very lowest common denominator on CAG that reads this stuff, thinks it's cool, and want to duplicate. I'm guessing(hoping)that is a very small number

Damn it, whyyyyy. Only 1 day off from being able to PM. Noooooo

It would be two days tomorrow if you got BL2 on release day. I'd still try and ask. I was a few days out one time and they ended up giving me store credit.

[quote name='coopscohen']It would be two days tomorrow if you got BL2 on release day. I'd still try and ask. I was a few days out one time and they ended up giving me store credit.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up, will definately ask if I still can since I'm going to best buy anyway. Do you absolutely need the original receipt to PM or can they just print out a duplicate?

[quote name='JohnWayne']thanks for the heads up, will definately ask if I still can since I'm going to best buy anyway. Do you absolutely need the original receipt to PM or can they just print out a duplicate?[/QUOTE]

They can try to look it up at the store and if they find it they can reprint the receipt.

What is the bestbuy PM window for shipped games? Mine shipped the 17th but didn't arrive until the 24th.
Does the window start on the ship date or the delivery date?

[quote name='inky1600']Donut, you and aircobra really don't have to defend BB in these cases. Most of us that read this stuff recognize douchbaggery when we see it. It is just the very lowest common denominator on CAG that reads this stuff, thinks it's cool, and want to duplicate. I'm guessing(hoping)that is a very small number[/QUOTE]

Thanks inky. It's just irritating to see that kind of stuff and when it gets called out for people feign ignorance and act like they didn't do anything wrong :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shadowrage']What is the bestbuy PM window for shipped games? Mine shipped the 17th but didn't arrive until the 24th.
Does the window start on the ship date or the delivery date?[/QUOTE]

When you receive the item, that is when the return/PM window starts.

RE6 Anthology points just cleared :D that gives me $45 in certs so far with $25 more clearing right after Sunday.

Just in time to do a return/rebuy price match on my BL2, BL2, and Dishonored!

Damn, my store won't PM Fry's. Last time I tried the guy said he never heard of the store before so I got denied lol I still have until the 17th of next month to PM so hopefully something else will pop up before then.

[quote name='jcp42877']RE6 Anthology points just cleared :D that gives me $45 in certs so far with $25 more clearing right after Sunday.

Just in time to do a return/rebuy price match on my BL2, BL2, and Dishonored![/QUOTE]

Whut? People if you got $20 certs for any game the b2g1 is not price match opportunity.

There's no Fry's in the area, but honestly I don't really care if I ever get a chance to price match BL2. It's the only thing I've played since it released, so $60 for the game and $20 certificate is fine by me.

Dishonored on the other hand . . .

[quote name='cancerman1120']Whut? People if you got $20 certs for any game the b2g1 is not price match opportunity.[/QUOTE]

You're looking at it wrong... I'm going to the game section to rebuy the 3 I bought (only one I preordered), then go to CS to return them on my ORIGINAL receipts. If I lose the $20 from Dishonored, so be it...but I end up getting $60 back overall from returning on the original receipts.

So it's technically a PM, I'm just taking the extra step of rebuying the games myself as not to confuse and frustrate whoever is at the CS helping me.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Whut? People if you got $20 certs for any game the b2g1 is not price match opportunity.[/QUOTE]

How is it not? $60+60+60=180. 60+60+0=120. The $20 rewards was just for pre-ordering it/buying it. It is separate from price matches.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']There's no Fry's in the area, but honestly I don't really care if I ever get a chance to price match BL2. It's the only thing I've played since it released, so $60 for the game and $20 certificate is fine by me.

Dishonored on the other hand . . .[/QUOTE]

I sold my lamp and code for $22 after fees so with the $20 cert I ended up paying $21. I am fine with that since a new ip like this only keeps getting made if people buy the game. Still hoping for a pm though. Free game would be nice.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']How is it not? $60+60+60=180. 60+60+0=120. The $20 rewards was just for pre-ordering it/buying it. It is separate from price matches.[/QUOTE]

Because the b2g1 requires a return not a price match...you just ask CS if it is a price match. I know what they will say.

I guess then if all your games in the b2g1 go on sale in 2 weeks you can price match that also? Hell no bby going to let you combine a package deal and a price match.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Because the b2g1 requires a return not a price match...you just ask CS if it is a price match. I know what they will say.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I put "return/rebuy" in my original post. I'm clearly aware thy wont PM it, so I have to do other means.

[quote name='jcp42877']Which is why I put "return/rebuy" in my original post. I'm clearly aware thy wont PM it, so I have to do other means.[/QUOTE]

AKA return fraud. People like you are the scum of the earth. I wish I could could get you alone in my MMA gym for just a few minutes.

[quote name='ps3gamer35']AKA return fraud. People like you are the scum of the earth. I wish I could could get you alone in my MMA gym for just a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

wow a noob talking about his "MMA gym" that sure makes you cool and badas* to everyone in here.

Grow up

[quote name='merchie89']wow a noob talking about his "MMA gym" that sure makes you cool and badas* to everyone in here.

Grow up[/QUOTE]

Nothing cool and badass about it. Just wish I could get him in AKA for just 5 minutes. By supporting him are you saying return fraud is cool? OMG man you found out how to fraud a failing company out of 60 bucks. Awesome work man!!!

Best Buy works their tails off to give us great deals and this is the kind of stuff we have happening to repay them.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Because the b2g1 requires a return not a price match...you just ask CS if it is a price match. I know what they will say.

I guess then if all your games in the b2g1 go on sale in 2 weeks you can price match that also? Hell no bby going to let you combine a package deal and a price match.[/QUOTE]

When I bought my two preordered BL2 last month, I forgot I still had my B2G1 New Games from my GCU. So I went in the next day and asked if there was a way to not return and rebuy with the coupon. They were able to "exchange" the deal. It showed my two BL2 as a return, but it wasn't actually a return. I still got my $20 RZ cert with it and the free

[quote name='Deader2818']How exactly is it fraud?

You keep using that word, I don't think it means, what you think it means.[/QUOTE]

Its 100% fraud. Hes past the return/price match period on the games. So hes going to buy the games again and return them with his old receipt to get the discount. Its a textbook definition of fraud. Scum of the earth thing to do.

I am also curious to know this as well. So, within 60 days, say BL2 and Dishonored both have a $20 price drop to $40 on a sale.

I wait til then to go price match, thus getting $20 back per BL2, and $20 back from Dishonored...$60

How is that any different than what I plan to do Sunday? I'm just consolidating all 3 "PM's" into one transaction. Then I'm done with it...I won't be able to get any more back from each game.

So yes, I am also curious by what you mean.

[quote name='ps3gamer35']Its 100% fraud. Hes past the return/price match period on the games. So hes going to buy the games again and return them with his old receipt to get the discount. Its a textbook definition of fraud. Scum of the earth thing to do.[/QUOTE]

Learn your facts noob. I'm Silver. I have 60 days to do whatever the fuck i want.

And considering I bought the first BL2 10/04, the second just 2 days ago, and Dishonored 10/09...I think I'm in the right here.

[quote name='jcp42877']Learn your facts noob. I'm Silver. I have 60 days to do whatever the fuck i want.[/QUOTE]

Fraud anyway you slice it. You are buying games, returning them with an old receipt. I used to work in loss prevention that is fraud 101. Guys like you are the scum of the Earth. But I forgot on CAG we're supposed to look the other way. Hell, there were people on here during the 50/10 pickup glitch who probably got 500 dollars or more worth of free stuff because of the glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back