Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='loomis1975']Well, its still worth a shot, but they do have ammo to deny I guess. I'll still try again, preorders are good deals at Best Buy anyway.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's still worth trying--I was able to PM RE6's $48.66 price on Amazon two days ago with no problems (the rep didn't even mention the policy).

It would be easier if these games could just go on sale at a B&M store, but you take what you can get. ;)

[quote name='panda911']I tried to pm RE6 the other day when it was 50 at amazon. I talked to 3 reps and one supervisor and they all said they don't pm online retailers. Cue jackiechanwtf. BBY needs to get it together if they want to survive.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, but even if they did pricematch video games, unless you bought RE6 5 days after release, they wouldn't have to pricematch it. Oct 7 was the cutoff date for purchases under this promo.

I guess they just did this update to the PM FAQ a few days ago. Maybe now they are more knowledgeable about it, who knows.

Best Buy Price Match Guarantee FAQ

At the bottom is the details on the Promo.

[quote name='loomis1975']I hear you, but even if they did pricematch video games, unless you bought RE6 5 days after release, they wouldn't have to pricematch it. Oct 7 was the cutoff date for purchases under this promo.

I guess they just did this update to the PM FAQ a few days ago. Maybe now they are more knowledgeable about it, who knows.

Best Buy Price Match Guarantee FAQ

At the bottom is the details on the Promo.[/QUOTE]

I also hear you, but I did in fact pick up RE6 7 days after release via preorder/in-store pickup. And I never even got to that bridge with the cs reps so to speak since they all just flat out denied matching online retailers. So after the hour or so of calling/holding/arguing with the reps, the price went back up to $58 on amazon so I was SOL.

[quote name='panda911']I tried to pm RE6 the other day when it was 50 at amazon. I talked to 3 reps and one supervisor and they all said they don't pm online retailers. Cue jackiechanwtf. BBY needs to get it together if they want to survive.[/QUOTE]
I wonder who tried to warn people earlier that Best Buy didn't price match Amazon.... oh yeah Me. Now here is proof of the reactions when reality was checked.

Woo Hoo BB allowed me to PM BL2 yesterday... both for mine and my gf's copy. They gave us each $10.something back and put it on a single GC for us. YAY. I didn't bothere to PM a single game last year during the promotion and my gf and i BOTH got 5 games each. Could have potentially saved another $100. Argh.

[quote name='splattered']Woo Hoo BB allowed me to PM BL2 yesterday... both for mine and my gf's copy. They gave us each $10.something back and put it on a single GC for us. YAY. I didn't bothere to PM a single game last year during the promotion and my gf and i BOTH got 5 games each. Could have potentially saved another $100. Argh.[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy PM policy is absolute gold. Amazon sucks compared to Best Buy for new games.

[quote name='lordopus99']I wonder who tried to warn people earlier that Best Buy didn't price match Amazon.... oh yeah Me. Now here is proof of the reactions when reality was checked.[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that BBY does pm amazon and other various retailers, you are absolutely right and the hero CAG deserves. It just so happens that the cs reps I talked to were woefully under-trained like a number of BBY employees. Poor customer service and ignorant employees doomed CC and it will also kill BBY.

[quote name='panda911']Except for the fact that BBY does pm amazon and other various retailers, you are absolutely right and the hero CAG deserves. It just so happens that the cs reps I talked to were woefully under-trained like a number of BBY employees. Poor customer service and ignorant employees doomed CC and it will also kill BBY.[/QUOTE]

They don't PM games though according to the fine print.

[quote name='panda911']Except for the fact that BBY does pm amazon and other various retailers, you are absolutely right and the hero CAG deserves. It just so happens that the cs reps I talked to were woefully under-trained like a number of BBY employees. Poor customer service and ignorant employees doomed CC and it will also kill BBY.[/QUOTE]

Not for video games they don't. Here's the policy from their website:

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Note that it mentions video game hardware but nothing else. It also mentions that you can only pm at time of purchase, not during the return period. You might be able to talk an employee into doing a pm on games or during the return period, but the denials are following policy.

[quote name='Donut2922']They don't PM games though according to the fine print.[/QUOTE]

The fine print isn't exclusionary toward games but inclusionary toward appliances and electronics. However if someone wanted to verbatim me the fine print, I would have accepted that interpretation and try another rep. However every rep told me they only pm local competitors in 25 mi radius, which for the past 2 weeks, has been incorrect. And it's worth noting I'm silver which helped resolve another poster's pm.

Does anyone know if we could reasonably expect a deal on Black Ops 2 from any other retailer on release? I never bought the first one so don't know if there were any deals or not. I'm just kind of meh on joining Unlocked at best buy just for the 20 preorder bonus for BLOPS.

[quote name='donbaloo']Does anyone know if we could reasonably expect a deal on Black Ops 2 from any other retailer on release? I never bought the first one so don't know if there were any deals or not. I'm just kind of meh on joining Unlocked at best buy just for the 20 preorder bonus for BLOPS.[/QUOTE]

Try Kmart.

Got my BB to prce match the B2G1 no problem. All they did was return the most recent game (Dishonored) and re-sold as $0. They said that was the easist way to do the return, go figure. The benefit for me is I can still price match Borderlands 2 and Resident Evil 6 since those are untouced.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Got my BB to prce match the B2G1 no problem. All they did was return the most recent game (Dishonored) and re-sold as $0. They said that was the easist way to do the return, go figure. The benefit for me is I can still price match Borderlands 2 and Resident Evil 6 since those are untouced.[/QUOTE]

So you won't get the $20 certificate for Dishonored?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Got my BB to prce match the B2G1 no problem. All they did was return the most recent game (Dishonored) and re-sold as $0. They said that was the easist way to do the return, go figure. The benefit for me is I can still price match Borderlands 2 and Resident Evil 6 since those are untouced.[/QUOTE]
Will that mess up the $20 RZ?
Edit: I see that 209 had the same concern and expressed them at the same time as I did.

I tried to preorder Halo 4 (regular edition) with in-store pick up today, but it says "unavailable" for all stores within my area. Are they sold out, or can you just not do in-store pick-up for Halo 4?

[quote name='209chromatic']So you won't get the $20 certificate for Dishonored?[/QUOTE]

It very well might, but I rather have $60 then $20 any day of the week. If I still gert the $20 great, if not that is fine too.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It very well might, but I rather have $60 then $20 any day of the week. If I still gert the $20 great, if not that is fine too.[/QUOTE]

My EXACT thinking as well.

I bought my BL2, BL2, and Dishonored today and plan to go back this week after my Dishonored cert clears, to return them and get my $60

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It very well might, but I rather have $60 then $20 any day of the week. If I still gert the $20 great, if not that is fine too.[/QUOTE]
But doesn't that mean you had to pick up two $60 games today? Or did you buy two sub $60 games and they still resold dishonored as $0?

[quote name='cancerman1120']I cannot remember but I should be able to preorder MoH in-store tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I would assume so. I was able to preorder RE6 the day before release. Just go to the prorder kiosk, print out the preorder slip and bring it to the registers. Don't ask about it simply do it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I cannot remember but I should be able to preorder MoH in-store tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes they take the preorder out of-the system. From what I was originally told the preorder system gets updated Saturday at 8pm EST (I've been there while it updated). With the update it is supposed to take out preorders for the following Sunday/Tuesday releases.

This doesn't take it out of the purchasing system, just out of the preorder kiosk. What I always had them do was, if it was out of the preorder kiosk, find the preorder sku and just enter that. It always accepted it.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Sometimes they take the preorder out of-the system. From what I was originally told the preorder system gets updated Saturday at 8pm EST (I've been there while it updated). With the update it is supposed to take out preorders for the following Sunday/Tuesday releases.

This doesn't take it out of the purchasing system, just out of the preorder kiosk. What I always had them do was, if it was out of the preorder kiosk, find the preorder sku and just enter that. It always accepted it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. There should a card with the game art on the floor with the sku.

[quote name='TooPoor']But doesn't that mean you had to pick up two $60 games today? Or did you buy two sub $60 games and they still resold dishonored as $0?[/QUOTE]

Neither, I showed them my recepits from BL2, RE6, and Dishonored and they decided to just zero out Dishonored.

Anyone know if Best Buy will PM Gamestop's price for Sleeping Dogs? And if so can I use the $20 certificate + gamer mag coup?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Neither, I showed them my recepits from BL2, RE6, and Dishonored and they decided to just zero out Dishonored.[/QUOTE]

I wish I would've thought of this...would've been a lot less time consuming than rebuying all 3 games like I did, then waiting another day to go back and return them.

I pre-ordered Assasians creed 3 in like march when they were offering the steel book. This was way before the $20 in reward certs they are offering now. Will I still get the reward certs? Will I have to cancel and reorder? Thanks

[quote name='dabsac80']I pre-ordered Assasians creed 3 in like march when they were offering the steel book. This was way before the $20 in reward certs they are offering now. Will I still get the reward certs? Will I have to cancel and reorder? Thanks[/QUOTE]

They say no but I did anyway. I just returned my pre-order and did a new one to be sure it would work.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Neither, I showed them my recepits from BL2, RE6, and Dishonored and they decided to just zero out Dishonored.[/QUOTE]
Cool, that makes sense. And congrats on scoring a free Dishonored on release day. I thought you encountered some wonderful employee that allows you to buy two sale games and manually zero out your Dishonored.

Ok, first, Im sorry for asking another BLOPS2 preorder question.

Here is my question. If I preorder the pc version, do I still get the certz?

If I click the link in the reward zone for BLOPS2, it only shows the 360 and ps3 versions.

Thank you

Actually I just checked and none of the games show the pc version. Maybe there is someone who bought the pc version of Blands or dishonored knows the answer

[quote name='Unknown Corpse']Ok, first, Im sorry for asking another BLOPS2 preorder question.

Here is my question. If I preorder the pc version, do I still get the certz?

If I click the link in the reward zone for BLOPS2, it only shows the 360 and ps3 versions.

Thank you

Actually I just checked and none of the games show the pc version. Maybe there is someone who bought the pc version of Blands or dishonored knows the answer[/QUOTE]

It doesn't apply to PC games IIRC.

Also, I was able to do a price match of Borderlands 2 from Fry's. And for some reason, I'm getting a point deduction? Should I call BB support?

Someone bold for me the portion where they exclude games for price matching online retailers?

I read something two pages back and now I'm confused.

[quote name='Easystride']I tried to preorder Halo 4 (regular edition) with in-store pick up today, but it says "unavailable" for all stores within my area. Are they sold out, or can you just not do in-store pick-up for Halo 4?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to quote myself for the new page, but does anyone know?

Anyone know if Best Buy will PM Gamestop's price for Sleeping Dogs? And if so can I use the $20 certificate + gamer mag coup?

[quote name='jaredstorm']Anyone know if Best Buy will PM Gamestop's price for Sleeping Dogs? And if so can I use the $20 certificate + gamer mag coup?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious or if too lazy to read other posts.

[quote name='iduncurr']Someone bold for me the portion where they exclude games for price matching online retailers?

I read something two pages back and now I'm confused.[/QUOTE]

They do not exclude games, but they leave it out of the PM terms and specifically mention video game hardware leaving it open for employees to say no because it is not included.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Anyone know if Best Buy will PM Gamestop's price for Sleeping Dogs? And if so can I use the $20 certificate + gamer mag coup?[/QUOTE]

You probably could. Give it a shot. And if you already have the 20 cert yeah you can combine it with the coupon. The cert is basically a gc

[quote name='Geco17']It doesn't apply to PC games IIRC.

Also, I was able to do a price match of Borderlands 2 from Fry's. And for some reason, I'm getting a point deduction? Should I call BB support?[/QUOTE]

Is it only 20 points? I believe that's supposed to happen. Every game I PM has gotten that when I PM to $49.99 (10 x 2 thanks to GC/GCU).

[quote name='Easystride']Sorry to quote myself for the new page, but does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I just tried to Pre-Order also for IN STORE pickup and all are Unavailable except ONE store. Weird. I may just have it shipped, but that is weird. Did we wait too long?

[quote name='advanced']Is it only 20 points? I believe that's supposed to happen. Every game I PM has gotten that when I PM to $49.99 (10 x 2 thanks to GC/GCU).[/QUOTE]

Oh okay. It's just when I price match they have never taken points off before.

That's Double Dipping. It is either the Gamer Mag Coupon or the PM. The certificate is a form of payment so it works in combo with either.

[quote name='Geco17']Oh okay. It's just when I price match they have never taken points off before.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Occasionally I'll have it not happen too (Persona 4 Arena comes to mind for me), but it's supposed to. As long as it's not 1000, it's right.

[quote name='kylerg']Question:
Girl bought Tekken Tag and now there is a coupon. Does it work on prior purchases?[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't, and if you still qualify for the PM/Return period, rebuy with coupon and return with the old receipt.

Well, I just ordered HALO 4 online....could not do the IN-STORE pickup. I did get FREE Expedited shipping though....good enough, saves me a trip to the store I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back