Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just always talk to my gaming reps and even stay after I buy something for a few more mins just shootin the shit and whatnot. I never have to justify who I am or why I always shop at BBY. I just do.

They know me as the guy who is always bringing trades, to the point when I'm just there buying without trades, they're shocked lol. They also know I'm a frugle gamer sometimes, and help me out by PM'ing or doing anything else they can.

That's why when I go to shop at some random midday hour, an gamer reps either weren't scheduled that day or aren't in the area, I already know its gonna be a frustrating trip with some dingleberry sales rep who has no idea what he/she is doing.

No lie..I went one Monday 45 mins before work and waited in the game action 20 mins and didn't get one ounce of help. Even with employees seeing me standin right in front of the game checkout. Went back on my 30 min break and once again got no help whatsoever.

I love my gaming reps.

hmm so if i preorder ac3, then price martch kmart. it will drop to 49.99. i can then use my 20 dollar credit from my last preorder to drop the price to 29.99. so basically half off. will they price match the other credit that kmart offers and drop the game to 19.99??

[quote name='Pookymeister']Ah nice - will have to definitely PM to Kmart for $49.99, will maybe even get the $10 Gaming coupon as a gift card or something depending on the CSR i get(one i always see will do it without blinking an eye)[/QUOTE]

what is this 10 dollar gaming coupon you speak of, is it the kmart thing for ac3.

think they can instatly apply that as a discount to the game purchase or am i just grasping at straws

its YMMV. You might get an extra 10 off, you might get a 10 dollar gift card, or they might tell you to go screw your self cause you are getting $20 dollars with the pre-order.

Well, maybe not tell you go screw your self, but something to that affect :p

[quote name='UnseenGamer7']If I pre ordered doing in store pick up at best buy will they do price match of ac3 at customer service or will I have to call so I can price match either Kmart or toys r us price without losing my pre order certificate[/QUOTE]

Wondering this as well.

[quote name='cancerman1120']But BBY gives you 80 other coupons throughout the year in the @Gamer mag. The GS coupon is also on used games. Not really sure why this is even a complaint. It is easy to find 3 $39.99 and below games to use this coupon on. Also, no one is forcing you to use it. Are you buying some digital content just because they are giving you 10% off?[/QUOTE]

I guess you're right. Some of the coupons in the year are pretty good. I've just been kind of disappointed so far with the way the program is set up and the problems I've had with my points and account.

[quote name='webkatt']hmm so if i preorder ac3, then price martch kmart. it will drop to 49.99. i can then use my 20 dollar credit from my last preorder to drop the price to 29.99. so basically half off. will they price match the other credit that kmart offers and drop the game to 19.99??[/QUOTE]
In store pickup is considered an online transaction and you will have to call. While it'd be nice to just do things all at once I find the CS reps over the phone to be superior to the people at the store. At least more cordial and efficient.

Goddamn it! I totally deserve missing out on that ACIII steelbook lol, I was hoping my pending points would clear up so I could use the RZ Cert on it. But noticed the steelbook is sold out and actually listed at $50.xx.

Might take a shot at my local BB and see if they have one hiding by itself or something, if not ah well guess I'll wait till ACIII drops now. At least I can clear some of my backlog now, lol.

[quote name='jamesdevil']In store pickup is considered an online transaction and you will have to call. While it'd be nice to just do things all at once I find the CS reps over the phone to be superior to the people at the store. At least more cordial and efficient.[/QUOTE]

That's because with phoneline CS, whatever computer they're in front of is essentially a master computer. They could credit you $5000 in RZ certs with the hit of a few keys on keyboard and a couple of clicks. It always makes me wonder who is supervising what THEY do.

I was told I haven't received my $20 certificate from Borderlands 2 because I pre-ordered with a gift card. In the FAQ it says you are still eligible if you use a gift card to get the promotion. Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='Mistahdobalina']I was told I haven't received my $20 certificate from Borderlands 2 because I pre-ordered with a gift card. In the FAQ it says you are still eligible if you use a gift card to get the promotion. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]
You were lied to. Gift cards do not affect the $20, at least it shouldn't.

Got the email to pickup AC3 tomorrow. Anyone else planning to go to the midnight launch? If so, what time are you going to show up?

[quote name='Sway']Got the email to pickup AC3 tomorrow. Anyone else planning to go to the midnight launch? If so, what time are you going to show up?[/QUOTE]

I'm near Philly so I guarantee my BB will be closed. I probably wouldn't go out until Wednesday anyway.

[quote name='Mistahdobalina']I was told I haven't received my $20 certificate from Borderlands 2 because I pre-ordered with a gift card. In the FAQ it says you are still eligible if you use a gift card to get the promotion. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

I've preordered Borderlands 2, RE6 and NBA 2K13 with RZ certs so I paid $0 out of pocket on the preorder and I've still received the $20 cert for all three.

I'll be picking up AC3 either tomorrow or Thursday. Hopefully tomorrow, but I don't think so.

[quote name='Sway']Got the email to pickup AC3 tomorrow. Anyone else planning to go to the midnight launch? If so, what time are you going to show up?[/QUOTE]

Even if I wanted to, I couldn't :/.

A. My store in Miami isn't having a midnight opening
B. I am stuck in New York due to the storm, lol...

And since I am already posting I may as well ask about BLOPS2, where exactly does it state that it qualifies for the $20 reward certificate? I looked at the qualifying games list (both old and new) and it wasn't listed there, also spoke to a phone representative and he told me he didn't see it on the list of qualifying games either. Any help would be appreciated, as going through this thread page after page is getting tiresome.

I used a giftcard for madden and borderlands and had no problem. Even pricematched madden and it was put back on the gift card.

[quote name='MochaRaf']
And since I am already posting I may as well ask about BLOPS2, where exactly does it state that it qualifies for the $20 reward certificate? I looked at the qualifying games list (both old and new) and it wasn't listed there, also spoke to a phone representative and he told me he didn't see it on the list of qualifying games either. Any help would be appreciated, as going through this thread page after page is getting tiresome.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MochaRaf']Even if I wanted to, I couldn't :/.

And since I am already posting I may as well ask about BLOPS2, where exactly does it state that it qualifies for the $20 reward certificate? I looked at the qualifying games list (both old and new) and it wasn't listed there, also spoke to a phone representative and he told me he didn't see it on the list of qualifying games either. Any help would be appreciated, as going through this thread page after page is getting tiresome.[/QUOTE]

My store had signs up promoting the $20 when pre-ordering BLOPS2

[quote name='godsmack13']Log into rz, then click thru to the victory can be pre-ordered list in there.[/QUOTE]

Just did, it's not list there for me either. Is it showing up for you?

Edit: Nvm, just found it.. I actually had to go to offers and promotion and click on that list and not the one featured on the front page. Thanks for the help

[quote name='MochaRaf']Just did, it's not list there for me either. Is it showing up for you?

Edit: Nvm, just found it.. I actually had to go to offers and promotion and click on that list and not the one featured on the front page. Thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

It's there. You have to be logged in to see it. Log in to your RZ account, then go to Gamers Club offers and then see all offers. It's there. It qualifies for the offer.

And did anybody notice this? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...er/pcmcat264800050003.c?id=pcmcat264800050003

2013 Titles
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgement
God of War Ascension
GTA V
Injustice Gods Amongst Us
The Last of Us
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
South Park Stick of Truth
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

Also, BBY just launched a new preorder system in stores. You can now put down any amount you want up to the full amount (minimum of $5) but can only do that once (can't put down $5 today, $20 later, etc.). Also, it's a different kind of transaction so the whole return/exchange thing will be a thing of the past.

This only applies to titles releasing in 2013 going forward, so all the current titles will still be under the old system.

[quote name='dc delta90']And did anybody notice this? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...er/pcmcat264800050003.c?id=pcmcat264800050003

2013 Titles
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgement
God of War Ascension
GTA V
The Last of Us
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

Also, BBY just launched a new preorder system in stores. You can now put down any amount you want up to the full amount (minimum of $5) but can only do that once (can't put down $5 today, $20 later, etc.). Also, it's a different kind of transaction so the whole return/exchange thing will be a thing of the past.

This only applies to titles releasing in 2013 going forward, so all the current titles will still be under the old system.[/QUOTE]

Crap BB is going to have me for at least 4 more games next year.

[quote name='dc delta90']And did anybody notice this? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...er/pcmcat264800050003.c?id=pcmcat264800050003

2013 Titles
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgement
God of War Ascension
GTA V
The Last of Us
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

This only applies to titles releasing in 2013 going forward, so all the current titles will still be under the old system.[/QUOTE]

Woo Dead Space 3 and The Last of Us for me!

[quote name='ajh2298']Crap BB is going to have me for at least 4 more games next year.[/QUOTE]

In for Bioshock, GTA and The Last of Us!!! I wish Aliens Colonial Marines was on the list!

Here's the list in order of release if anyone needed some info on planning out purchases. The first date is the one listed by Best Buy. If it says 12/31, it's a placeholder date which prompted me to check Amazon for a date. The latest I could find for GTA V was spring and for the Last of Us was just 2013.

2013 Titles
Deadspace 3 12/31 (2/5 Amazon)
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance 2/19
Bioshock Infinite 2/26
Crysis 3 12/31 (2/28 Amazon)
South Park Stick of Truth 12/31 (3/5 Amazon)
Tomb Raider (no date) (3/5 Amazon)
God of War Ascension 3/12
Gears of War Judgement 3/19
Splinter Cell Blacklist 12/31 (4/1 Amazon)
Injustice Gods Amongst Us 12/31 (4/? Joystiq)

GTA V 12/31 (spring?)
The Last of Us 12/31 (unknown)

[quote name='kelo360']In for Bioshock, GTA and The Last of Us!!! I wish Aliens Colonial Marines was on the list![/QUOTE]

Have you noticed how BBY doesn't even have A:CM isted yet for Xbx360/PS3? My local gaming rep tried looking it up using the SKU, and said I can Pre-order that way. Just found it odd that they haven't made the item available yet to Pre-order when they have the Wii version up for Pre-order as well as other titles that are being released after A:CM

This is awesome, I'll be in for at least eight of those titles. I now gotta try and hit silver for next year so I can still PM for up to 60 days. I'm a few hundred short but I'm sure I can pass it when I start X-Mas shopping. Thanks BB. :bouncy:

[quote name='boogie4114']Where's Enuf at. We need him to get a poll going so we can get Beyond Two Souls on this list cuz it would get my vote asap.[/QUOTE]

+1

2013 Titles
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgement
God of War Ascension
GTA V
The Last of Us
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

sopranos.png

http://youtu.be/242H7F8DKHA

Am I missing something here?

All I'm seeing is a list of upcoming releases that everyone already knew were coming out Q1 and Q2 of next year.

I'm not seeing the "deal"?

EDIT: Ahh...part of the $20 promo..

My FIFA 13 points cleared. And I got to ask a stupid question (sorry...):
I was issued a $30 cert, is it one time redeem only (like it said in the fine print), or I can use it several smaller amount transactions?

[quote name='TooPoor']My FIFA 13 points cleared. And I got to ask a stupid question (sorry...):
I was issued a $30 cert, is it one time redeem only (like it said in the fine print), or I can use it several smaller amount transactions?[/QUOTE]

I believe you have to have a total exceeding the amount of the certificate in a single transaction. I tried to buy a $4.99 game two or three months ago and couldn't use a $5 certificate.

[quote name='Sway']I believe you have to have a total exceeding the amount of the certificate in a single transaction. I tried to buy a $4.99 game two or three months ago and couldn't use a $5 certificate.[/QUOTE]
That sucks.....Okay thanks a lot.

EDIT: And thanks to Evolved. It is sure a dilemma, you issue at $5, then some will have a earlier exp date. Issuing at $20 will extend the exp date (so to speak), but then I can't buy $4.99 games with it ...

[quote name='Sway']I believe you have to have a total exceeding the amount of the certificate in a single transaction. I tried to buy a $4.99 game two or three months ago and couldn't use a $5 certificate.[/QUOTE]
Correct, what you're buying has to cost more than the cert.

I may have to cancel some of those games I got for the $45 pre-order deal at Newegg. The 60 day price matching opportunity is too much for me to ignore. To top it all of with the pre-order bonuses they may be offering, Best Buy is making it hard for me to say no.

With this level of service, I hope Best Buy survives this holiday season. I used to be one of the ones calling them "Worst Buy", but their performance over the last year has made them my go-to place for most of my gaming purchases.

slow.gif

[quote name='ger2396']Just got shipping notice for AC 3, does bestbuy do overnight shipping?[/QUOTE]

I've had the free expedited shipping for the last couple of releases, I think they came UPS Two-day shipping. I ended up getting them on release day, but it just depends on where you are.

2013 Titles
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgement
God of War Ascension
GTA V
The Last of Us

Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

This only applies to titles releasing in 2013 going forward, so all the current titles will still be under the old system.[/QUOTE]...Dang it. Looks like I'm set for the next year (bolded titles = ones I'm considering). Question, though: I already have Bioshock Infinite preordered in-store from nearly 6 months ago (and I already received the Industrial Revolution code), so when I go to pick it up in February, will the new preorder system be in effect to the extent that I won't have to worry about the return/exchange issue?

i used a giftcard to do my preorder than pay off borderlands 2, i got the credit really quickly. i want to say within a 2 week period

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back