Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
My son Eric makes a huge point! The White Knight mumbo jumbo needs ta stop buster brown. Video Games dont drive stores and scoring the game cheap is interchanged with winning. I get the game cheaper and Im gonna hop online and play it better. Sorry brother, you gonna pay more and us Hamms is gonna play more. :D

[quote name='Mike Hamm']My son Eric makes a huge point! The White Knight mumbo jumbo needs ta stop buster brown. Video Games dont drive stores and scoring the game cheap is interchanged with winning. I get the game cheaper and Im gonna hop online and play it better. Sorry brother, you gonna pay more and us Hamms is gonna play more. :D[/QUOTE]

Did you really make another profile to agree with yourself?

[quote name='KOPITARRULEZ_11']is black ops still included because bestbuy.com doesn't have it listed lol[/QUOTE]

Yes, if I had a dime for every time someone said this on this thread I'd have....

[quote name='cancerman1120']Did you really make another profile to agree with yourself?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if he's trolling or someone is trolling him

I am more surprised by some of the veterans who fail to read the thread and are put to shame by a new CAG. Come on people read the thread. You be surprised by the answer you may find just by reading.

I think I was about 15-ish in line looking at the amount of commemorative coins the person handing them out had left after I got mine. They wanted to split up people who pre-ordered and who didn't pre-order the game but it looked like everyone did have a pre-order. The people working the registers seemed woefully inadequate because it took way longer than expected to ring each person. Now I just have to wait on those pre-order codes via email.

I got the Kmart PM when I picked up my pre-order. Best Buy took the value of the GC off my game so I walked out with AC3 for $42.xx. Plus I got one of the coins. They told me I would still get my $20 RZ in points.

Confirmed that the code is emailed to your account. Picked up my copy at midnight and 30 minutes later my code showed up in my inbox.

I didn't have to wait in line in the cold. Just hung out in my car until 11:50pm and got in line for my coin. I was #10 in my line and probably about 15 people showed up by the time i left. So there's probably a couple of coins left at my store for morning preorders.

FYI folks, don't pre-order online if you plan to pick-up at a midnight opening. My Assassin's Creed 3 pre-order wasn't a part of the midnight opening allocation, and they have no idea when I'll actually be getting my copy (Collector's Edition). It could take up to two weeks to get it in, apparently due to the high demand.

[quote name='aceattorney']FYI folks, don't pre-order online if you plan to pick-up at a midnight opening. My Assassin's Creed 3 pre-order wasn't a part of the midnight opening allocation, and they have no idea when I'll actually be getting my copy (Collector's Edition). It could take up to two weeks to get it in, apparently due to the high demand.[/QUOTE]

That sucks but I think your store is an exception. My store is pretty good about setting aside all .com orders away from in-store preorders. I saw 6 LE's sitting on the counter for preorders when I just picked mine up. Did you ever get an email from your store notifying you that your order was going to be ready for pickup today?

[quote name='Donut2922']That sucks but I think your store is an exception. My store is pretty good about setting aside all .com orders away from in-store preorders. I saw 6 LE's sitting on the counter for preorders when I just picked mine up. Did you ever get an email from your store notifying you that your order was going to be ready for pickup today?[/QUOTE]

Yep. They told me that email meant nothing. ROFL. :cry:

Any advice. You seem to have gotten a great deal getting the $20 Off with the (kmart $10 gc in the total). I am stopping by later on today. I will report once I pick up my game.

[quote name='Bumslie']I got the Kmart PM when I picked up my pre-order. Best Buy took the value of the GC off my game so I walked out with AC3 for $42.xx. Plus I got one of the coins. They told me I would still get my $20 RZ in points.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']Any advice. You seem to have gotten a great deal getting the $20 Off with the (kmart $10 gc in the total). I am stopping by later on today. I will report once I pick up my game.[/QUOTE]

I drove to Kmart today and pickup an ad. The deal is on the front page. I just showed them ad and asked for a price match. When I brought up the $10 GC they said they would take if off the final price. I just hope my RZ points show up without any hassles contacting CS. Best Buy made this day one purchase worth it.

[quote name='linkbear']Have people gotten their pre order bonus codes for ac3 yet? I preordered online for in-store pickup. Haven't received anything yet.[/QUOTE]

Mine was printed on the receipt and then they emailed me a code 10 minutes after.

Got the coin, there was only like 15-20 people there. Didn't get the preorder bonus yet though but it usually takes a day

I know that this sounds stupid on my part so don't flame me. I pre-ordered Assassin's Creed 3 back in March and I don't remember which system I pre-ordered it on. Is there any way to check?

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I know that this sounds stupid on my part so don't flame me. I pre-ordered Assassin's Creed 3 back in March and I don't remember which system I pre-ordered it on. Is there any way to check?[/QUOTE]

Log into your reward zone account and find the transaction for your preorder, and it should tell you which system. I think you need the receipt to get back your $5 deposit as well, and you can also print that from the same website.

[quote name='mewman13']Log into your reward zone account and find the transaction for your preorder, and it should tell you which system. I think you need the receipt to get back your $5 deposit as well, and you can also print that from the same website.[/QUOTE]

I did what you said but on the RewardZone website it shows "PS-X360-ASSASSIN'S CREED 3".

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I did what you said but on the RewardZone website it shows "PS-X360-ASSASSIN'S CREED 3".[/QUOTE]

Then you pre-ordered the XBox 360 version.

PS = PreSale (not PS3)

I was so excited to get the AC3 coin that I forgot about the steelbook and they never gave me one. Wondering if I should go back this morning and try to get it. Did anyone else get the steelbook at Best Buy?

[quote name='williams90']I was so excited to get the AC3 coin that I forgot about the steelbook and they never gave me one. Wondering if I should go back this morning and try to get it. Did anyone else get the steelbook at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

They should have given you the steelbook when you pre-ordered the game (if they had any instock). Did you pre-order for in-store pickup?

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']They should have given you the steelbook when you pre-ordered the game (if they had any instock). Did you pre-order for in-store pickup?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I pre-ordered in store (not online) a couple weeks ago. I'll give them a call, hopefully they still have some in stock.

Posted in another thread, but posting here as well for more specialized takes. Basically I want to know how to do the PM for an In Store Pick Up AC3 without losing the $20 RZ cert:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoeticCanine

Ok, let me try to help you out. They may take the print out ad, but usually they'll double check on a computer. If they check on the computer, direct them towards the weekly ad.

As for PMing that price AND getting your RZ cert, that's definitely YMMV. I've been on the receiving end of some dirty looks for some PM attempts (and been shot down) and this sounds like one of those, but you may have better luck than I have. Just be truthful and not sleazy about it, you may get away with it. I think you may have better luck if it's not listed on the receipt that the cert was applied to your account (I actually don't think it is) so you can come back and get it PM'd later on today or another day; not sure how that would go though, but good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollegeGamer

Thanks. I actually went and got the ad at K-Mart a few minutes ago, so I'm good there. Not sure why it would be a problem with the PM, it's a legitimate PM under their policy. I just want to make sure that it's just as easy as telling them it can't be rung up as a return or exchange, right? I know people have PM'd other titles in the RZ cert process, just obviously not this close to/on release.

Also, the BB is pretty far away and I did In-Store Pick Up. Would I just be able to do a PM via BB's customer service number or do I have to do it in store?

Anyone else know specifics? Have never PM'd at BB before. Someone else in that other thread said you can only PM In Store Pick Up items through BB's online customer service.

Got my Kmart Ad ready can't wait till 10am to pick up a copy hopefully they have the coin since my store did not have a midnight thing

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Posted in another thread, but posting here as well for more specialized takes. Basically I want to know how to do the PM for an In Store Pick Up AC3 without losing the $20 RZ cert:

[/QUOTE]

You gotta call customer service. Find the number on bestbuy.com. If you try in store they will cancel your original transaction.

Went to my BB last night.. fuckING CLOSED. Seriously... Hope they might have a coin left when I get there.... might call the game guy and ask to hold if possible.

No Shaq-Fu? 0.o .. what is this MADNESS?!?!?!

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Went to my BB last night.. fuckING CLOSED. Seriously... Hope they might have a coin left when I get there.... might call the game guy and ask to hold if possible.[/QUOTE]

You never bothered to ask if they were doing a midnight? Not every store had one because of their budgets and pre-order numbers.

So has anyone been able to price match AC3 at BB yet and still keep your $20 pre-order bonus? Newegg has it for $47.99 after coupon, Kmart has it for $49.99... I'm hoping for at least one :D

Just got back from my BB. I had printed out the receipt from the rewardzone website since I preordered back in March. The gaming rep took my receipt to customer service and printed out a real receipt and worked on getting the preorder done, but since it had been so long since I preordered, she said the system said it had expired. So I waited for 30 minutes while the 2 gaming reps tried this and that to get it to go through and ensure that I got my $20 cert later on. Finally they decided on one way and gave me the number for both their store and the 1-888 number to call in if I don't get my cert.

Also one of them didn't know about the coin, the other said they received a memo that they were getting 15 to give out (they did not do a midnight release), but he had no idea where they were, so they'll call me when they find them.

[quote name='mewman13']Log into your reward zone account and find the transaction for your preorder, and it should tell you which system. I think you need the receipt to get back your $5 deposit as well, and you can also print that from the same website.[/QUOTE]

The gaming reps also have a print out of all in-store preorders by name so they have a way of pulling up your preorder without bringing in the original receipt I believe.

[quote name='mewman13']Just got back from my BB. I had printed out the receipt from the rewardzone website since I preordered back in March. The gaming rep took my receipt to customer service and printed out a real receipt and worked on getting the preorder done, but since it had been so long since I preordered, she said the system said it had expired. So I waited for 30 minutes while the 2 gaming reps tried this and that to get it to go through and ensure that I got my $20 cert later on. [/QUOTE]

Hm weird. When I used to preorder in-store my deposits were outside the 30 day return period so they would just require a manager override to process the exchange.

[quote name='DDustiNN']So has anyone been able to price match AC3 at BB yet and still keep your $20 pre-order bonus? Newegg has it for $47.99 after coupon, Kmart has it for $49.99... I'm hoping for at least one :D[/QUOTE]

Best Buy not only price matched my pre-order down to $49.99, but gave me a $10 gift card when I physically brought in the Kmart ad to them. The guy also handed me an Assassin's Creed III coin even though they were only supposed to be available during the midnight release. When I asked weren't there only 10 allocated for each store, he told me they received 50!

A pleasant experience, and Best Buy definitely earned my money on this deal.

AC3 Reviews rolling in. Looks about right I guess. No GOTY though it would seem.

G4TV 5/5
IGN 8.5/10
GameInformer 9.5/10
Destructoid 7.5/10
Joystiq 7/10
Eurogamer 9/10
GameSpot 8.5/10
Polygon 8/10 Arthur Gies who is usually pretty harsh
Official Xbox Mag 8.5/10

[quote name='cancerman1120']AC3 Reviews rolling in. Looks about right I guess. No GOTY though it would seem.

G4TV 5/5
IGN 8.5/10
GameInformer 9.5/10
Destructoid 7.5/10
Joystiq 7/10
Eurogamer 9/10
GameSpot 8.5/10
Polygon 8/10 Arthur Gies who is usually pretty harsh
Official Xbox Mag 8.5/10[/QUOTE]

There's no runaway goty candidate this year- ME3, Borderlands 2 AC3, Maybe halo 4/blops 2 but my vote goes to XCOM

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']There's no runaway goty candidate this year- ME3, Borderlands 2 AC3, Maybe halo 4/blops 2 but my vote goes to XCOM[/QUOTE]

I am still hoping the extra 3 months makes Far Cry 3 awesome.:)

Gonna pick up my AC3 tomorrow since i'm not at work and preordered from store near there. That store is more competent than local store anyway, and should have no problem PMing Kmart.

PM @ Best Buy for Newegg's price of $47.99 for AC3 no problems. Just showed the email no questions asked.

47.99 -20.00 in Reward Zone bonus pts = 27.99 for day 1 pick up not too bad :)

[quote name='Shangralia2005']PM @ Best Buy for Newegg's price of $47.99 for AC3 no problems. Just showed the email no questions asked.

47.99 -20.00 in Reward Zone bonus pts = 27.99 for day 1 pick up not too bad :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah this was the one game you could count on getting a PM for. It is weird since they are good games. Not that I am complaining about Ubisoft always dropping AC price.

[quote name='Shangralia2005']PM @ Best Buy for Newegg's price of $47.99 for AC3 no problems. Just showed the email no questions asked.

47.99 -20.00 in Reward Zone bonus pts = 27.99 for day 1 pick up not too bad :)[/QUOTE]That Newegg sale price is more likely to be PMed than TRU's doorbuster, so I'll have that as a backup if I can't get the $49.99 + $10 coupon Kmart deal PMed. Thanks. :)

47.99 -20.00 in Reward Zone bonus pts = 27.99 for day 1 pick up not too bad :)[/QUOTE]
Great deal, if the campaign is short you can probably trade back and make some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back