Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my best buy to match the kmart deal without any hassles so $20 off, and they sent me two dlc codes both of which I already sold on ebay for $10 each. Nice, AC3 for $20 with the $20 preorder cert.

[quote name='TooPoor']Great deal, if the campaign is short you can probably trade back and make some money.[/QUOTE]

Well according to reviews it seems it is not short. From G4TV.

"There is so much story, so much multiplayer, and so much stuff to do that your average 10 hour game should be terribly ashamed of itself. In this economy, you can't do better than Assassins Creed III."

this may be a longshot but is there anyways to get this preordered today so that i can get the 20 dollar rz coupon. i was undecided on the game and would like to try it but only if i can get the rz credit

[quote name='webkatt']this may be a longshot but is there anyways to get this preordered today so that i can get the 20 dollar rz coupon. i was undecided on the game and would like to try it but only if i can get the rz credit[/QUOTE]

Nope

I have no idea if this has been mentioned already or not but i noticed today that AC3 is 49.99 at Fry's online (and prob in store), this may help PM for people that don't have a Kmart near them or have trouble PM'ing to Newegg etc :)

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well according to reviews it seems it is not short. From G4TV.

"There is so much story, so much multiplayer, and so much stuff to do that your average 10 hour game should be terribly ashamed of itself. In this economy, you can't do better than Assassins Creed III."[/QUOTE]
That's great news, I hate short games.

[quote name='Youngnoble']The coin is heavy. Good quality. Was silver in color instead of the bronze color it looked like in the photos.One of the best promotional items I've ever seen. Glad I went and got one.

http://postimage.org/image/k9rqhd833/[/QUOTE]

My store said no one in their district got them yet, so they had us put our name/phone on a list for when they do get it.

So, to get the $20 plus the price match from Newegg, should I buy it in full ($60) first, then go to CS and have them price match?

[quote name='FadeToOne']My store said no one in their district got them yet, so they had us put our name/phone on a list for when they do get it.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up my LE copy also and they don't know anything about a coin. They did however got my preorder right and printed on the receipt. They also PM they LE guide from Amazon.

No coin for me. But got it price matched to K-Mart ($50) no problems at all. Also side note, I am officially unbanned, wooo!

Pre-ordered The Last of Us and I tried to pre-order Dead Space 3, but they said it wasn't in their system yet even though I could print out the slip from the kiosk. Go figure.

I called BB and they said I would have to get it price adjusted after I picked it up (and it'd have to be a couple of hours after??). This won't affect my 20 dollar cert will it?

called BB to price match AC3 (online pre order with in store pickup), but CSR said since it's a bundle with steelbook case they wont' do price match, wtf.

Well, my preorder from last night when I bought a second GCU was apparently a full purchase and not a preorder. Looks like I will have to call.

I am in the same boat. Should have not waited till last night to preorder. Usually I am able to pm whb I preorder to kiosk. Now I have to wait a few hours if even want to attempt to Pm Kmart. It will not, I PMd before no problem.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I called BB and they said I would have to get it price adjusted after I picked it up (and it'd have to be a couple of hours after??). This won't affect my 20 dollar cert will it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='perfectsil']called BB to price match AC3 (online pre order with in store pickup), but CSR said since it's a bundle with steelbook case they wont' do price match, wtf.[/QUOTE]

call again

I got my cert last Friday. Be patient. It will come in.

[quote name='cigaro']Anyone gotten the 20 dollar credit for dishonored yet? Mine has not shown up :/[/QUOTE]

So what exactly do I need to know to ensure I get everything properly? Borderlands was a travesty and I don't want that to happen again.

So I ended up just buying the game and pm'd to 49.99. No coin no giftcard. No preorder bonus.

Any kind soul out there happen to get a extra 360 preorder code. I can offer thanks and 100msp once bing mails it

[quote name='webkatt']So I ended up just buying the game and pm'd to 49.99. No coin no giftcard. No preorder bonus.

Any kind soul out there happen to get a extra 360 preorder code. I can offer thanks and 100msp once bing mails it[/QUOTE]
did you actually preorder and get screwed on the bonus or did you just buy it normally?

The code is to be redeemed via in game menu and not on XBL.

The reason is XBL is region specific an Ubi hates jumping through the hoops for multiple regions. Same thing was done with Rev.

I redeemed my code in game and it was fine

[quote name='perfectsil']called BB to price match AC3 (online pre order with in store pickup), but CSR said since it's a bundle with steelbook case they wont' do price match, wtf.[/QUOTE]

That's odd, I would just call again later and try another CS rep.

[quote name='koruwa']did you actually preorder and get screwed on the bonus or did you just buy it normally?[/QUOTE]

Nah I didn't preorder (which I'm kicking myself for)
I just bought the game at bb.

[quote name='slowdive21']did anyone's store get the coin that was not on the midnight release list?[/QUOTE]
I'd like to know this as well.... I'm kinda bummed that no stores around me were doing midnight launch :/ and the coin looks sweet

That's a good idea, I did not even get a coin. They told me steel book was on limited edition only.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']That's odd, I would just call again later and try another CS rep.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to share one positive story amongst all the others that get posted here. My AC3 online pre order should arrive today with their free shipping, and my $20 bonus has already posted to my account as a RZ certificate. Going to try calling later for a PM online and get a little back.

[quote name='webkatt']Nah I didn't preorder (which I'm kicking myself for)
I just bought the game at bb.[/QUOTE]

Did you decide too late that you actually wanted the game? Seemed like an easy choice to pre-order this with the 1st day PM opportunity and the $20 rz cert.

[quote name='9Tale']So what exactly do I need to know to ensure I get everything properly? Borderlands was a travesty and I don't want that to happen again.[/QUOTE]

Kyle always makes a great post on what sku should be added to the receipt in order to properly get the preorder stuff or if it comes in case etc

Here is the one for AC3

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Assassin-s-Creed-III-Preorder-Codes-amp-Offers/td-p/602434

I also preordered online, first time. No coin. No dlc. Was unable to get a price match. My game is still sealed. If I can't get the price match from Kmart tomorrow I am returning it.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Just wanted to share one positive story amongst all the others that get posted here. My AC3 online pre order should arrive today with their free shipping, and my $20 bonus has already posted to my account as a RZ certificate. Going to try calling later for a PM online and get a little back.[/QUOTE]

I also decided late since I nly enjoyed the first one, however, was able to get the preorder online last night at 7:30pm. But when I went to pick it up thy explained I have to wait a few hours to price match. Never ordering online again.

[quote name='aircobra']Did you decide too late that you actually wanted the game? Seemed like an easy choice to pre-order this with the 1st day PM opportunity and the $20 rz cert.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']I also decided late since I nly enjoyed the first one, however, was able to get the preorder online last night at 7:30pm. But when I went to pick it up thy explained I have to wait a few hours to price match. Never ordering online again.[/QUOTE]

No offense but you sure are complaining a lot. You only have to wait a few hours if you want to PM in store. You can call immediately and get a PM.

[quote name='aircobra']Did you decide too late that you actually wanted the game? Seemed like an easy choice to pre-order this with the 1st day PM opportunity and the $20 rz cert.[/QUOTE]

I. Waited too long. I thought the game came out next week. Lol. It sucks too because I'm a gamerzone unlocked member too. So loss out of 20 rz cert

Well, I shouldn't have price-matched apparently. The lady cancelled my preorder and then rang it up as a new game. I wish I had realized she was doing this.

So is it safe to assume I have no options here? I highly doubt I will even get the $20 credit let alone the preorder bonus. I called customer support and the jerk there told me he was transferring me to "the back office" and actually transfered me to AT&T customer support. Obviously he was just trying to dump the call.

So in the process of trying to save $10 I probably just lost $20 and my preorder bonus.

They PM'd to $50 but said they couldn't do the extra $10. But then the total was $43..after we had put down $5? And they said their store didn't receive any coins.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']I also preordered online, first time. No coin. No dlc. Was unable to get a price match. My game is still sealed. If I can't get the price match from Kmart tomorrow I am returning it.[/QUOTE]

The code usually gets emailed to you afterwards. Just be patient.

[quote name='Killerlampshade']Well, I shouldn't have price-matched apparently. The lady cancelled my preorder and then rang it up as a new game. I wish I had realized she was doing this.

So is it safe to assume I have no options here? I highly doubt I will even get the $20 credit let alone the preorder bonus. I called customer support and the jerk there told me he was transferring me to "the back office" and actually transfered me to AT&T customer support. Obviously he was just trying to dump the call.

So in the process of trying to save $10 I probably just lost $20 and my preorder bonus.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you're probably gonna have issues getting your RWZ cert since she cancelled the pre-order. You should post on their forums and see if they can help you out over there. Also, to be on the safe side I would always pay off the pre-order first and then ask for a PM after to avoid any confusion.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub

So uh...are you supposed to get receipt when you pre-order online for in-store pickup? This is the first time I've ever done it with Best Buy. I would figure you would, but all I got back was my "your order is available for pickup" email. I had to sign two papers, but that was it. I got the LE if that matters.

Also, I wish my store had the coins. I'll have two steelbooks (once Best Buy ships me mine) if anyone is interesting in trading a coin for one.

[quote name='cigaro']Anyone gotten the 20 dollar credit for dishonored yet? Mine has not shown up :/[/QUOTE]

I haven't either

[quote name='Burning Karma']So uh...are you supposed to get receipt when you pre-order online for in-store pickup? This is the first time I've ever done it with Best Buy. I would figure you would, but all I got back was my "your order is available for pickup" email. I had to sign two papers, but that was it. I got the LE if that matters.[/QUOTE]

I've always gotten one including today. Only had to sign one register receipt, then they printed another one and attached it to my pick up email notification.

[quote name='Burning Karma']So uh...are you supposed to get receipt when you pre-order online for in-store pickup? This is the first time I've ever done it with Best Buy. I would figure you would, but all I got back was my "your order is available for pickup" email. I had to sign two papers, but that was it. I got the LE if that matters.

Also, I wish my store had the coins. I'll have two steelbooks (once Best Buy ships me mine) if anyone is interesting in trading a coin for one.[/QUOTE]

You get a bb.com pickup receipt. You also get an email saying you picked up your order.

I doubt anyone would go for that offer, unless they managed to score more than one coin.

Wow Best Buy CS is a journey I'd like to never have to experience again. Lot of hassle to PM. Told me newegg was not a real site, and we don't price match them.

[quote name='bob330i']I've always gotten one including today. Only had to sign one register receipt, then they printed another one and attached it to my pick up email notification.[/QUOTE]
The lady at the register said I had to sign one for her and one for the desk up by the door. I looked at both and it basically just totaled out how much my debit card would be charged for.

[quote name='aircobra']You get a bb.com pickup receipt. You also get an email saying you picked up your order.

I doubt anyone would go for that offer, unless they managed to score more than one coin.[/QUOTE]
I didn't get a receipt. The only thing I left with, besides the game, was the email I mentioned. I did however get the email saying I picked up my order.

*shrugs* I figured I would throw it out there since some people are saying they want the steelbook and I'll have two.

My store was giving out the whale oil lamps, since they didn't get coins. The guy gave me a couple since I am there all the time. :D

If anyone will trade a coin for the oil lamp, shoot me a pm.

[quote name='linkbear']Wow Best Buy CS is a journey I'd like to never have to experience again. Lot of hassle to PM. Told me newegg was not a real site, and we don't price match them.[/QUOTE]

They don't match internet retailers, so that would be your hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back