Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the pre order DLC code email from them and I preordered the game almost half a year ago. I won't be getting it soon due to Hurricane Sandy though.

I need advice. I pre-ordered AC3 and went to pick it up. The girl at the register allowed the price match to Kmart, but she screwed up and took off $49.99. She realized her mistake and tried to fix it. I was ok with her trying to fix it, because I don't want anyone to get written up for an honest mistake. However, she wants to return the game and have me re-buy it. If she does this, am I going to lose the $20 certificate pre-order bonus? I was pretty mad about having to leave the game with it technically being picked-up, as far as BBY.com is concerned since she checked-out the order, and she would not let me take the game, however, I really do not want to lose that certificate.

[quote name='KENFL0']Preordered in store[/QUOTE]

Then go to:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Pre-order-codes-Read-b4-posting/td-p/474125

And follow those directions.

The code should have been added to the receipt and printed on that. You most likely wont get an email if they didn't print it on the receipt given your form of preorder.

[quote name='Vigilante']You could PM the Newegg $47.99 price that's active right now.[/QUOTE]

This isn't a legit PM as you have to use a coupon. A coupon excludes it from PMing.

[quote name='Wrong']I need advice. I pre-ordered AC3 and went to pick it up. The girl at the register allowed the price match to Kmart, but she screwed up and took off $49.99. She realized her mistake and tried to fix it. I was ok with her trying to fix it, because I don't want anyone to get written up for an honest mistake. However, she wants to return the game and have me re-buy it. If she does this, am I going to lose the $20 certificate pre-order bonus? I was pretty mad about having to leave the game with it technically being picked-up, as far as BBY.com is concerned since she checked-out the order, and she would not let me take the game, however, I really do not want to lose that certificate.[/QUOTE]

If you post on the BBY gaming forums they will work things out for you.

[quote name='Kanokare']It took me 1 day to get mine in the email. Give it up to 2 days I'd say. Also, what does the EXCHANGE mean? It must not be bad given how you state it and that it was on a previous preorder of mine that I didn't price match at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm still waiting for the DLC. As far as I know the "EXCHANGE" is required to get the $20 certificate because I saw some people who had CS do a return or something and they didn't get the certificate.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Did anyone try pming the b2g1 free from target?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I recommend bringing in the physical Target ad if you can when trying to PM it. Luckily for me Target is right across the street from the Bestbuy in my area. When I asked him about PMing the Target offer he said he wasn't sure. I thought for sure he was about to say no, but he went to his supervisor to show her the ad and she said it was okay.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']If you post on the BBY gaming forums they will work things out for you.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I'll do that.

lol i played a little but they have have minigames which are basically board games that already pissed me off because they don't explain in detail how to play. there is a game called fortuna which i have never heard of. basically the instructions say "capture opponents pieces to win. it doesn't explain how to capture, what is a legal move, etc. after playing the game a time or 2 you can grasp it but i still was upset that in-game instructions literally tell you to win and little other direction. hah, i'm sure once i get actual gameplay i'll be amazed though

Picked this up on ps3 at lunch today, went smoothly... they were training a couple guys though and when they went to PM frys after i told them 50, the manager was instructing the kid on what to press to change everything and he said "Ok, now press this to change price to $39" and i just kept looking to the side like holy crap seriously? but then he actually went to the website and looked it up a few minutes later and looked at me and said "Oh wait, this is actually $49" and i said yup, that's what i said :)... so they adjusted it again to 49. haha I got the DLC code and it says "Exchange" on the receipt etc so all is well.

so i did the bby site like a forum poster suggested. i am getting no where with it. if anyone has a extra 360 dlc code i'll buy it off you. i just want to get the dlc before i get too far in the game and it is worthless

Had an preorder online order for shipping, just called bestbuy.com & asked them to do a pricematch from kmart.com & told the csr to just refund the $10.89 instead of cancelling my order & reordering it, worked perfectly & received my dlc code at about 1am this morning

[quote name='Donut2922']I just realized that nobody has even chimed in on their take of AC3 lol. Is it worth playing Day 1?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It plays more like AC2 rather than AC:R.

It's beautiful graphics wise and well written so far. Their new engine really shines when looking at the differences of people in areas. They move more distinctly and actually go around completing tasks.

Besides the eyedressing, its has great gameplay sans the camera. Never been a fan of the camera. It could be worse, but I keep wondering why they just won't copy the Batman camera dynamics.

So far, its easily up for GOTY in my eyes. Only competition it might have is BL2, but I'm not a huge fan of BL2 so my opinion is slightly skewed.

I would definitely be happy buying this for $40 on day 1 (which BBY allows us to). This coming from a person who is only a mild fan of the AC series, less so lately since I didn't like Bro or Rev. I wasn't sure if I was even going to buy this game as I didn't have much interest in it, glad I pulled the trigger.

The reviews are coming out and there's a lot of 9s and 10s

[quote name='webkatt']so i did the bby site like a forum poster suggested. i am getting no where with it. if anyone has a extra 360 dlc code i'll buy it off you. i just want to get the dlc before i get too far in the game and it is worthless[/QUOTE]

It's only been a couple of hours since you could have done it. It's not automated...an actual person goes through it. Give it some time.

[quote name='Brother Daz']So ACIII has two disks and the steelbook has one slot????[/QUOTE]

Yeah the tab is a little deeper than normal. I tried putting 2 blank DVDs in mine. You have to make sure you press firmly for them to stay in but I am finding the top disc does not always stay in. Kind of a bummer.

[quote name='JohnWayne']PS3 has one disc :)[/QUOTE]

I am considering selling mine. They are getting $15-20 on Ebay. I really not going to keep both discs in this thing. How hard would it have been to provide a second spot. Either an above below like RE5 or a side by side.

How long does it take for the 20.00 cert to show as pending? And what does it show as exactly? My GCU expires at the end of the month and I don't want to lose out my points.

[quote name='cancerman1120']How hard would it have been to provide a second spot. Either an above below like RE5 or a side by side.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. It makes absolutely no sense.

Is the 19 character code that was included on the receipt for Assassins Creed III for the Ghost of War mission and Pontiac Club? All it says on the receipt is PREORDER BONUS 360- ASSASSIN'S. Below is your activation code:

No DLC code on the receipt. Pre-ordered in store and apparently was not rung up properly as the pre-order never posted to my GCU account. Am I going to have to go through hell and high water to get this $20 reward zone cert?

EDIT: Lesson here is: preorder online for in-store pickup. PM'ing might be more of a pain, but they get it right.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am considering selling mine. They are getting $15-20 on Ebay. I really not going to keep both discs in this thing. How hard would it have been to provide a second spot. Either an above below like RE5 or a side by side.[/QUOTE]is that for the steelbook case only??

I wasn't really into the AC multiplayer. I'll probably give it a try to check out that new mode but may just sell the second disk and original case on eBay. I know there are plenty of MP only people that would love to have that option.

[quote name='Brother Daz']is that for the steelbook case only??

I wasn't really into the AC multiplayer. I'll probably give it a try to check out that new mode but may just sell the second disk and original case on eBay. I know there are plenty of MP only people that would love to have that option.[/QUOTE]

Yep just the steelbook. I unwrapped mine so I might get less but some are paying $20 for one.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=assassins+creed+steelbook

I got pre-orders Assassins Creed 3, Medal of Honor Warfighter, and Black Ops 2 in last weeks B2G1 deal. I was able to pricematch AC3 to frys no problem today. Got my DLC code and will get my $20 gift certificate.

I used the B2G1 free on 2 preorders, and on AC3 it doesn't show the -$5.00 it shows it for ZOE HD but not AC3. Is that normal or do I have to call to get it fixed?

Grabbed my AC3 and price match'd it against TRU's current price $49.99. The game I would assume is going to drop down to 39.99 so I probably won't go back for those $2 this weekend.

[quote name='webkatt']so i did the bby site like a forum poster suggested. i am getting no where with it. if anyone has a extra 360 dlc code i'll buy it off you. i just want to get the dlc before i get too far in the game and it is worthless[/QUOTE]

I have an extra code. PM me.

I don't think I got my reward points for ACIII. They're not pending or anywhere. I went through the "missing points" thing but it said that I've already gotten points for this order. :/

[quote name='Brash_Attack']I don't think I got my reward points for ACIII. They're not pending or anywhere. I went through the "missing points" thing but it said that I've already gotten points for this order. :/[/QUOTE]

Same, just wait about two days or so and it should show up. Otherwise give them a call.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']I don't think I got my reward points for ACIII. They're not pending or anywhere. I went through the "missing points" thing but it said that I've already gotten points for this order. :/[/QUOTE]

When I bought my phone it did the same thing and I didn't get the promo for upgrading thru best buy for silver status. It was really simple to get them to fix the points issue but I am on the home stretch for my account being upgraded to silver. They said 5-7 days for my account to be upgraded... After waiting 5-7 days for their real customer support to look into it... Lol

So it doesn't have the -$5.00 on my receipt for AC3, it does say exchange but I also picked up my Pre order of ZoE HD on the same transaction. Should I go back and tell them or is this ok?

I just pricematched AC3 for $49.99. I used four gift cards to pay it off and the lady said that a specific gift card of mine would receive the price match difference back. I tried checking the balance for all my gift cards and they all say zero. How long does it usually take to refill a gift card back?

[quote name='WTFD4V1D']I just pricematched AC3 for $49.99. I used four gift cards to pay it off and the lady said that a specific gift card of mine would receive the price match difference back. I tried checking the balance for all my gift cards and they all say zero. How long does it usually take to refill a gift card back?[/QUOTE]
Instantly. I did the same thing, I even got a new receipt showing $10 was added to the balance of one of my gcs.

It took me a few calls to Best Buy to get them to price match Kmart. The first CSR said it couldn't be done since I "pre-ordered" the game and that they don't price match pre-orders. I tried explain to him that the game was already out, but he just kept repeating that reason. Frustrating. So I called again and got a different person, who actually knew what they were doing, and got credited $13.60 back on my card. Also, the wait times were long, I'm guessing because of the hurricane.

[quote name='shadowrage']Instantly. I did the same thing, I even got a new receipt showing $10 was added to the balance of one of my gcs.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay thanks. Just refreshed it and saw it.

[quote name='plastik3000']It took me a few calls to Best Buy to get them to price match Kmart. The first CSR said it couldn't be done since I "pre-ordered" the game and that they don't price match pre-orders. I tried explain to him that the game was already out, but he just kept repeating that reason. Frustrating. So I called again and got a different person, who actually knew what they were doing, and got credited $13.60 back on my card. Also, the wait times were long, I'm guessing because of the hurricane.[/QUOTE]

Why 13.60?

How did ou get a assassins creed steel book? I just the posting on eBay. I wish I would have gotten the coin.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am considering selling mine. They are getting $15-20 on Ebay. I really not going to keep both discs in this thing. How hard would it have been to provide a second spot. Either an above below like RE5 or a side by side.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Yes. It plays more like AC2 rather than AC:R.

It's beautiful graphics wise and well written so far. Their new engine really shines when looking at the differences of people in areas. They move more distinctly and actually go around completing tasks.

Besides the eyedressing, its has great gameplay sans the camera. Never been a fan of the camera. It could be worse, but I keep wondering why they just won't copy the Batman camera dynamics.

So far, its easily up for GOTY in my eyes. Only competition it might have is BL2, but I'm not a huge fan of BL2 so my opinion is slightly skewed.

I would definitely be happy buying this for $40 on day 1 (which BBY allows us to). This coming from a person who is only a mild fan of the AC series, less so lately since I didn't like Bro or Rev. I wasn't sure if I was even going to buy this game as I didn't have much interest in it, glad I pulled the trigger.

The reviews are coming out and there's a lot of 9s and 10s[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks man :)

[quote name='Brother Daz']Preordering it months ago.[/QUOTE]

They were still available online for shipping when I pre-ordered Oct 15th. They seemed to have lasted in stores for a week or two.

[quote name='shadowkast']Everything went smooth picking up ac3 with b2g1 pm but no code on the receipt :([/QUOTE]

I thought codes are now emailed out. That is how I got my code for RE6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back