Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I called in to price match FIFA 13 since amazon had it for 39.99. Lady was real nice and said she would. Today I was checking and instead of actually price matching it she gave me 1300 RZ points. I also noticed an entry for the Holiday Reward Zone Certificate but its 0, so I guess we'll see on that one.

[quote name='S1mplyPr1celess']Still can't pick up Assassin's Creed 3 & WWE 13 I have no electricity and the Best Buy I'm picking up from doesn't have electricity either.[/QUOTE]I hope you get your power back up soon. That storm was devastating, God Bless.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']No it takes 4-5 days to go pending and 30 days to post.

God damn game just came out yesterday and people going ape shit.[/QUOTE]
No,not ape shit just making sure they don't screw up like they did with my borderlands 2 preorder.

AC purchase already showing up for some of y'all's pending points and purchases? Just today, the purchases I made on the 29th showed up. I don't even know if the dude at Best Buy did everything right yesterday. He did a return on the $59.99 pre-order. And...I didn't receive another receipt either. I did get an e-mail about my DLC pre-order code waiting for me when I got home though.

Picked up AC 3 today. Was able to pm the kmart ad for $49.99 and ymmv i know, but was also able to pm the bonus $10 gc, which my bb just knocked another $10 from the price, so walked out paying $39.99+ tax for it. Not bad for a day 1 release when you throw in the $20 rz certificate and bonus steelbook from pre-ordering. Also 40 rz pts x 3 = 120, which is half way to another $5 certificate.

Now to play it so I can trade it back in to bb for $40+ before the value utlimately tanks since its a ubisoft game lol.

Pre-ordered AC3 in store, picked up yesterday with price match at customer service. No DLC was on receipt however just received DLC email. So if you did the same, be patient, it should come your way.

Purchase not yet showing on RZ site but assuming that is on the way also.

After reading a couple of y'all's posts, I checked my RZ account and saw the Holiday Exclusive thing listed...

Will it eventually show up a certificate or point value? Or what's the deal with that?

Quick question about gift certificates. Does it have to be over the amount of the gift certificate? Like, can I buy a $20 PSN or Steam card, and use just the $20 gift certificate?

[quote name='Bankotsu']Quick question about gift certificates. Does it have to be over the amount of the gift certificate? Like, can I buy a $20 PSN or Steam card, and use just the $20 gift certificate?[/QUOTE]

has to be at least the amount so 19.99 wont work but 20.00 will

[quote name='jcp42877']After reading a couple of y'all's posts, I checked my RZ account and saw the Holiday Exclusive thing listed...

Will it eventually show up a certificate or point value? Or what's the deal with that?[/QUOTE]

It will probably show up on the 8th. On the back of the little paper in the booklet it says that it is valid from 11/8-12/24

[quote name='ger2396']I hope you get your power back up soon. That storm was devastating, God Bless.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I appreciate it. I hope power comes back to my girlfriend's house & my house soon. I want the heat on for our pets. We got some lanterns on and extra blankets for the pets.

Still haven't received my $20 credit for preordering AC3. I picked up my copy last night for in-store pickup. Got my DLC code in the e-mail though. Anyone know what's up? Does it take time to get the credit?

[quote name='dxology']Yesterday I called in to price match FIFA 13 since amazon had it for 39.99. Lady was real nice and said she would. Today I was checking and instead of actually price matching it she gave me 1300 RZ points. I also noticed an entry for the Holiday Reward Zone Certificate but its 0, so I guess we'll see on that one.[/QUOTE]

Man i totally forgot to try n pm that... Oh well just gotta wait for the next drop.

Fyi to all their systems r acting up like crazy today so if you try to pm tonight just get a case number and follow up with it later if u are @ the end of your return policy. If you have time do it tomorrow.

Took too long to pm AC3 but the rep made @ case for me for $20 off so i will call back later to finish. (i was disconnected the first time, and had to go the 2nd time before she finished)

[quote name='TKtheknight']Still haven't received my $20 credit for preordering AC3. I picked up my copy last night for in-store pickup. Got my DLC code in the e-mail though. Anyone know what's up? Does it take time to get the credit?[/QUOTE]

Are all these posts expecting instant credits a joke? It takes 3-7 days typically for the pending points to show in your account. Then, it can take 30-35 days from the date of pickup to actually have the points post so you can print the $20 certificate. Silver members have reported faster posting, but you're still looking at a minimum of a few days for the points to show as pending in your account.

[quote name='TKtheknight']Still haven't received my $20 credit for preordering AC3. I picked up my copy last night for in-store pickup. Got my DLC code in the e-mail though. Anyone know what's up? Does it take time to get the credit?[/QUOTE]

it takes 30-35 days

Does anyone know if the receipt from pre-ordering is required when picking up the game? Can they not look it up with your Rewards member number?

Off topic but do you guys use your steelbooks? Like, I really want to use my AC3 SB but I don't want to scratch it and it sort of bothers me tht I have 2 cases for the same game, idk why but it just does, especially with one of them just empty. Also, they are a pain to take the disc out of the holder and I always feel like I am going to crack the inner-ring.

[quote name='iPhone']Does anyone know if the receipt from pre-ordering is required when picking up the game? Can they not look it up with your Rewards member number?[/QUOTE]

I never bring my receipt, it takes them a few mins, but they pull it up no problem.

[quote name='iPhone']Does anyone know if the receipt from pre-ordering is required when picking up the game? Can they not look it up with your Rewards member number?[/QUOTE]

They can look up your RZ account as you asked. Some stores have a print out of all preorders. My store actually labels every preordered copy with the person's name in the display case.

I dunno if this has been answered but Is Call of Duty: Blacks Op 2 still good for this promotion? I don't see it listed on their site or under special offer for Blacks Ops 2.

[quote name='Dragun619']I dunno if this has been answered but Is Call of Duty: Blacks Op 2 still good for this promotion? I don't see it listed on their site or under special offer for Blacks Ops 2.[/QUOTE]

From the OP...

Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']From the OP...

Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see, thanks. Did a quick look and I missed that part. hah.

[quote name='Lazer77']Question.

I went in today to preorder BLOPS 2, turns out that they "reached their max" a few days ago and are no longer taking preorders. If I were to purchase it in store the day of release, or even preorder it online, would I get the $20 coupon?

Basically me buying the game rides of whether or not I can still get the $20 coupon.

EDIT: Two more questions, what is the latest I can preorder BLOPS2 on Bestbuy.com? Also, they don't do release day shipping, do they?[/QUOTE]

If you purchase it in store you likely wouldn't get it since you didn't preorder it. Pre-ordering online should work.

Regarding your other 2 questions, I have no idea. :)

[quote name='Donut2922']lol @ cags that just blow their wad and cant wait on the 30 days to post the $20 RZ cert like it says in the fine print and the OP.[/QUOTE]

This.. Lots of people are crying already yesterday. The same day the game came out asking why their purchase hasn't shown up yet on the RZ website. :roll:

[quote name='jr1016']This.. Lots of people are crying already yesterday. The same day the game came out asking why their purchase hasn't shown up yet on the RZ website. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Can't wait till Black Ops 2 release.

Already see is it valid for $20 rz cert every other post and if it doesn't post day of release people will go ape shit.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Can't wait till Black Ops 2 release.

Already see is it valid for $20 rz cert every other post and if it doesn't post day of release people will go ape shit.[/QUOTE]

I just hate it when the transaction doesn't appear on the RZ website. That is what makes me go apeshit, lol. It is annoying to have to contact the ridiculously slow Customer Service for the website to fix whatever glitch is going on.

(I mean even after attempting to put in the receipt I.D.)

[quote name='StryderOmega']I just hate it when the transaction doesn't appear on the RZ website. That is what makes me go apeshit, lol. It is annoying to have to contact the ridiculously slow Customer Service for the website to fix whatever glitch is going on.

(I mean even after attempting to put in the receipt I.D.)[/QUOTE]

I have preordered online and always got DLC day of pickup and $20 rz cert within 30 day time period.

Transaction takes 2-3 days to post. Game just released yesterday shit enjoy the game instead of worrying about $20 rz cert. You'll get it don't worry.

Just noticed today that I have my MOH points...not sure how long they have been there.

As I have said many times, preorder online (choose ship-to-home or in-store pickup) and you will encounter few to no problems.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Off topic but do you guys use your steelbooks? Like, I really want to use my AC3 SB but I don't want to scratch it and it sort of bothers me tht I have 2 cases for the same game, idk why but it just does, especially with one of them just empty. Also, they are a pain to take the disc out of the holder and I always feel like I am going to crack the inner-ring.[/QUOTE]

I use my SBs, but am not keeping AC3 one because I'm a 360 owner. 2 disc game + 1 disc SB = "does not compute"

[quote name='StryderOmega']I just hate it when the transaction doesn't appear on the RZ website. That is what makes me go apeshit, lol. It is annoying to have to contact the ridiculously slow Customer Service for the website to fix whatever glitch is going on.

(I mean even after attempting to put in the receipt I.D.)[/QUOTE]

Seriously, relax. This is not an instant promo. The RZ website takes a few days to reflect recent purchases. When the purchase does show up, it probably won't have the 1000 right away - that can take additional time to show as pending.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I use my SBs, but am not keeping AC3 one because I'm a 360 owner. 2 disc game + 1 disc SB = "does not compute"[/QUOTE]

I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it :)

Halo 4 Reviews rolling out...looking pretty awesome.

Ign 9.8/10

g4tv 4.5/5

destructoid 10/10

joystiq 5/5

GameInformer 9.25/10

Eurogamer 8/10

Giant Bomb 8/10

[quote name='cancerman1120']Halo 4 Reviews rolling out...looking pretty awesome.

Ign 9.8/10

g4tv 4.5/5

destructoid 10/10

joystiq 5/5

GameInformer 9.25/10

Eurogamer 8/10

Giant Bomb 8/10[/QUOTE]Don't forget Gamespot 9.0/10.

With that, my library is sure to get copies (won't buy M-rated games with

Joystiq:

"And so the developer launches the best kind of protest, which is to wave an impressive, throbbing shooter in your face. Trust me, you want this."

I'm impressed 343 has done such a great job on Halo 4. They breathed new life into the franchise and did it better than Bungie. Most likely the last Halo until the next gen xbox arrives.

Destructoid 10
Joystiq – 10
IGN – 9.8
Polygon – 9.5
GamesVillage – 9.5
GamingXP – 9.2
Insidegames.ch – 9.2
GodIsAGeek – 9
GameDot – 9
OXM – 9
Gamespot – 9
G4 – 9
Tweaktown – 9
AllThingsXbox – 9
OnlineCenter – 9
Game Rant – 9
Game365 – 9
Mature-Gamer – 9
Eurogamer Italy – 9
Eurogamer Spain – 9
Eurogamer – 8
Strategy Informer – 8
CVG – 8
Giant Bomb – 8
FZ.se – 8

I've already got Halo 4 pre-ordered, but we need to take all these critical reviews with a grain of salt. Although scoring pretty high, remember what the Metacritic score for Mass Effect 3 was before it was released? And then once released, the ending was almost universally panned by actual gamers?

Don't get your expectations set too high is all I'm saying. I was there for Halo: Combat Evolved day 1 back in 2001 and I'm approaching this with cautious optimism.

And do not visit the Halo 4 thread in the Xbox 360 section. So many CAGs seem to have gotten early copies of the game and I had to quickly leave the section for fear of seeing possible spoilers.

[quote name='Bosamba']I've already got Halo 4 pre-ordered, but we need to take all these critical reviews with a grain of salt. Although scoring pretty high, remember what the Metacritic score for Mass Effect 3 was before it was released? And then once released, the ending was almost universally panned by actual gamers?

Don't get your expectations set too high is all I'm saying. I was there for Halo: Combat Evolved day 1 back in 2001 and I'm approaching this with cautious optimism.

And do not visit the Halo 4 thread in the Xbox 360 section. So many CAGs seem to have gotten early copies of the game and I had to quickly leave the section for fear of seeing possible spoilers.[/QUOTE]

You can think what you want.

Halo is back baby!!!!!!

Now I'm one of these guys.

Has anybody had the points clear and still have the 1,000 points applied to the total. My online AC3 order cleared before the 1,000 points posted in pending. I haven't even received it in the mail yet. All info was done right, reward zone info is attached and was a preorder. Got the dlc and stealbook in same order.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Now I'm one of these guys.

Has anybody had the points clear and still have the 1,000 points applied to the total. My online AC3 order cleared before the 1,000 points posted in pending. I haven't even received it in the mail yet. All info was done right, reward zone info is attached and was a preorder. Got the dlc and stealbook in same order.[/QUOTE]

My AC points have cleared without the 1000 bonus points. I'm not worried, just give it a couple of more days and the bonus points will show up.

Also, yesterday I saw the "Holiday Exclusive Reward Zone Certificate" on my purchase history but there was no certificate to print. Today I have a $5 certificate available that expires on 12/24.

[quote name='ky151']My AC points have cleared without the 1000 bonus points. I'm not worried, just give it a couple of more days and the bonus points will show up.

Also, yesterday I saw the "Holiday Exclusive Reward Zone Certificate" on my purchase history but there was no certificate to print. Today I have a $5 certificate available that expires on 12/24.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have the same cert in my available list today also. Free $5 is always nice.

All this Halo 4 talk making me want to pick it even tho I had no interest picking it up at launch. What are the chances they still have the Limited Lithograph in store if I go preorder? Oh and another factor in me picking up halo 4 is I just received my $20 GC from RE6 :)

[quote name='AteBit']All this Halo 4 talk making me want to pick it even tho I had no interest picking it up at launch. What are the chances they still have the Limited Lithograph in store if I go preorder? Oh and another factor in me picking up halo 4 is I just received my $20 GC from RE6 :)[/QUOTE]

They still had a bunch when I went in a few days ago.

[quote name='Bosamba']I've already got Halo 4 pre-ordered, but we need to take all these critical reviews with a grain of salt. Although scoring pretty high, remember what the Metacritic score for Mass Effect 3 was before it was released? And then once released, the ending was almost universally panned by actual gamers?

And do not visit the Halo 4 thread in the Xbox 360 section. So many CAGs seem to have gotten early copies of the game and I had to quickly leave the section for fear of seeing possible spoilers.[/QUOTE]

But wasn't Mass Effect bashed by turbonerds who just didn't like the ending? I've never played any Mass Effect game, but I heard 3 isn't that bad, its just the ending was a huge letdown. People tend to have strong opinions on the internet, yet I'm sure most of them actually enjoyed the game ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back