Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in Best buy yesterday to preorder Call of Duty and I did not see that I would get a $20.00 Rewards certificate.

Still haven't gotten an email for my in store pickup of Halo. Will i have a problem if i just go to the store when it opens with my preorder confirmation?

Wow, lots of horror stories from Best Buy. Figured I'd share my positive experience. They brought a mobile gaming trailer. 3 screens set up with Halo 4. 12 people at a time were in playing instead of standing outside. An employee came out with a bag of discount cards, everyone got to draw one card. The cards were either 15%, 25%, 50% off accessories and there was one in there for a free copy of Halo 4. I got a 25% off card so I used it on the Halo 4 controller since I needed a new one anyway. We were let in the store at 11:30 and they sold the game early, you just couldn't leave the store till midnight. Half the people there (myself and the 4 guys I was there with) walked out right at midnight with our game.

I love my Best Buy, it's the one in Clarksville Indiana.

Halo 4 is 49.99 at fry's! You have to bring it to final checkout but it shows the price then. Should be in store also since it is available only for in store pick-up

Also, does anyone know if I can pm the game even if it hasn't arrived at my house?

Just got back from picking up Halo 4. Used $20 rewards from Borderlands 2. Halo 4 dlc codes were printed on receipt as well as emailed to me immediately. I asked if they had any posters but was told that the posters were only given at time of preorder (though they didn't mention it to me back then).

Great news everyone that was listening to me rant last night, the best buy near me said they had like 5 extra and that they'll hold it for me after I told them what happened to me last night. He said "I'm sorry for what happened at the other store, just come by whenever you can today and well have two here waiting for you in a pristine condition box just in case one of them is messed up and well even open it up for you before you exchange it if you want." Get to keep two FOTUS armor codes and 4 double a batteries and got to play some multiplayer last night (even though it messed up me and my friends traditional legendary campaign play through at midnight) but I guess it all worked out

[quote name='vince726']I was in Best buy yesterday to preorder Call of Duty and I did not see that I would get a $20.00 Rewards certificate.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was debating on whether I wanted to buy Black ops 2 and decided that since I already had a $20 certificate that buying the game for 40 instead of 60 and getting another 20 bucks so I can buy another game later down the road would be a good deal but I guess we're too late. It doesn't show at the preorder kiosk in store and on their website either. And I checked the "myrewards" website and the only game left listed under the 2012 $20 certificate is Far Cry 3. Looks like I missed my chance. Oh wells. Just a heads up to those who haven't pre-ordered and was wondering why it isn't there.

[quote name='NoodleN1nja']Same here. I was debating on whether I wanted to buy Black ops 2 and decided that since I already had a $20 certificate that buying the game for 40 instead of 60 and getting another 20 bucks so I can buy another game later down the road would be a good deal but I guess we're too late. It doesn't show at the preorder kiosk in store and on their website either. And I checked the "myrewards" website and the only game left listed under the 2012 $20 certificate is Far Cry 3. Looks like I missed my chance. Oh wells. Just a heads up to those who haven't pre-ordered and was wondering why it isn't there.[/QUOTE]This again? OK, we need someone to show that BO2 is still part of this promotion...please? Otherwise I'll cancel my preorder. :whistle2:#

Still waiting for my Halo 4 Limited to be ready for in-store pickup. Last time I order online with in-store pickup. Takes way too long for it to clear.

Got an in-store pick up email yesterday telling me that my order would be ready today. In and out in less than five minutes and the DLC codes received in about 5 minutes in my email. Great experience.

I finally got a shipping notice for halo 4, it's being handled by ups mail innovations. Its scheduled to be delivered on the 13th. WTH, assassin creed 3 only took 2 days.

[quote name='stoned99']fucking ebay cancelled my DLC auction, claiming ip violation. WTF[/QUOTE]

make sure you put in the description that you will be MAILING THE PHYSICAL CODE/CARD. then just email your winner and ask them if they want it emailed or snail mailed (they always pick email).

[quote name='neworleans7']No Wii U games on the $20 RZ Cert list? That sucks. Lol[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I'm sure they will be implemented eventually, but its making me less likely to pick up some of the launch titles (until some awesome holiday deals come along).

Hey guys, need an opinion/knowledge
I'm gamer unlocked at Best Buy.

I was late preordering the Halo 4 LE b/c I'm dumb. I decided to preorder the regular version online for pickup a few days ago.
The LE just showed up as instock at my store and I ordered that.
I want to return the regular version of course but do you think there's anyway I can get Best Buy to honor the $20 RZ cert still?

I'm sure it will involve dealing with customer service in the least heh
Thanks!

[quote name='evophile']Hey guys, need an opinion/knowledge
I'm gamer unlocked at Best Buy.

I was late preordering the Halo 4 LE b/c I'm dumb. I decided to preorder the regular version online for pickup a few days ago.
The LE just showed up as instock at my store and I ordered that.
I want to return the regular version of course but do you think there's anyway I can get Best Buy to honor the $20 RZ cert still?

I'm sure it will involve dealing with customer service in the least heh
Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm only guessing here but I think if you arrange an "exchange", I think you won't jeopordize your $20 cert. I'm equating to how an instore preorder works where they "exchange" your $5 to your purchase and they still get their $20 cert. Seems to be similar in my mind.

[quote name='murph17']make sure you put in the description that you will be MAILING THE PHYSICAL CODE/CARD. then just email your winner and ask them if they want it emailed or snail mailed (they always pick email).[/QUOTE]

Can't they screw you over by doing this? I heard that the buyer can just cancel the Paypal charge or something after you send them the email

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Does anyone know how long bestbuy holds your pre order?[/QUOTE]

Well you have to pick up the game within 7 days, so they should hold it for that long.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Can't they screw you over by doing this? I heard that the buyer can just cancel the Paypal charge or something after you send them the email[/QUOTE]

I had a 1 hour conversation with eBay tech support bitching about this policy, had them transfer me to U.S support manager, and complained about how DLC should not be triggered for Intellectual Property Volations, and that their alternative of listing it as a Classified Ad, was unfair as the listing is basically invisible. I finally removed any reference of email from the listing and relisted (supports suggestion). The support gal I spoke to was pleasant and she removed the violation, and promised to bring it up as a system issue that needs a solution. But now I know that if you want to be an asshole and somehow make your listing the 1 and only, all you need do is go through all the other listings and report them if they utter email.

This is ebay policy What are you gonna do? They don't want people to hack contests and servers and sell codes. Did they make this up? No, they responded to requests by game publishers. Bring it up with EA, Square, or Activision.

Or just follow murph17's suggestion and not be so angst ridden about it.

[quote name='stoned99']fucking ebay cancelled my DLC auction, claiming ip violation. WTF[/QUOTE]

It's just a bunch of jealous haters. I didn't know you could get those violations removed. Thanks!

[quote name='confoosious']This is ebay policy What are you gonna do? They don't want people to hack contests and servers and sell codes. Did they make this up? No, they responded to requests by game publishers. Bring it up with EA, Square, or Activision.

Or just follow murph17's suggestion and not be so angst ridden about it.[/QUOTE]

confoosious, your just so helpful....:booty:

[quote name='confoosious']
Or just follow murph17's suggestion and not be so angst ridden about it.[/QUOTE]

You want angst? Trying selling women's purses on Ebay. I am helping a friend sell some old purses and wallets (Coach, Vera Bradley, etc). I have sold at least 150 items on Ebay and never once had anyone returned a thing. I start selling this crap and women are returning them 50% of the time. Pretty sure it is a rent a purse scam some of them have going on. I stopped offering returns on them (unless they say it is defective which they are not) because of the pain in the butt it has been. :wall:

[quote name='JohnWayne']Can't they screw you over by doing this? I heard that the buyer can just cancel the Paypal charge or something after you send them the email[/QUOTE]

Even if you mail it, buyer can redeem the code and tell you the code doesn't work and do a chargeback, eBay won't be on your side when that happens.

And the worse part is seller can't even leave a negative feedback on the buyer

[quote name='bob330i']I'm only guessing here but I think if you arrange an "exchange", I think you won't jeopordize your $20 cert. I'm equating to how an instore preorder works where they "exchange" your $5 to your purchase and they still get their $20 cert. Seems to be similar in my mind.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Your logic makes sense however it's screwy for me because these are both online pick up orders and Halo reg. is already paid for.

I had to do the LE for pickup even though I was at my store only 6 hours earlier and they said they didn't have any extra lol.

I had it happen to me with selling PSN card codes (lost $50) earlier this year. If you send them anything by email, all it takes is for them to call there credit card company and claim the card was stolen or never received. Paypal will not protect you unless you show them a tracking number. Screenshots and emails are not valid proof of receipt.

[quote name='perfectsil']Even if you mail it, buyer can redeem the code and tell you the code doesn't work and do a chargeback, eBay won't be on your side when that happens.

And the worse part is seller can't even leave a negative feedback on the buyer[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you do have 80 character to write THIS IS A NEGATIVE REVIEW DO NOT SELL TO THIS PERSON THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF

I have been lucky with codes. I have sold about 50 of them with nothing reported and no one ever saying they do not work. Once you get some + feedback people tend to buy from you since they are looking for a trusted source.

[quote name='perfectsil']Even if you mail it, buyer can redeem the code and tell you the code doesn't work and do a chargeback, eBay won't be on your side when that happens.

And the worse part is seller can't even leave a negative feedback on the buyer[/QUOTE]

Is that true even when you say no returns ?

[quote name='stoned99']Is that true even when you say no returns ?[/QUOTE]

Just saying no returns does not protect you from things like not received, defective, or broken items. A person can file a complaint within 45 days and force you to take a return.

[quote name='stoned99']Is that true even when you say no returns ?[/QUOTE]

Ebay will not side with you on anything rally, but especially digital codes.

Anytime you sell a code on ebay, you just pretty much have to pray. You can put anything you want in the description and you'd still lose.

[quote name='confoosious']Ebay will not side with you on anything rally, but especially digital codes.

Anytime you sell a code on ebay, you just pretty much have to pray. You can put anything you want in the description and you'd still lose.[/QUOTE]
^Pretty much this(you also have the idiots that think your selling the game itself), don't sell it unless you don't mind giving it away for free.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Just saying no returns does not protect you from things like not received, defective, or broken items. A person can file a complaint within 45 days and force you to take a return.[/QUOTE]

Well that defeats the point of "No Returns", I always figured it was a signal to the buyer that they were taking some sort of risk, that's why I always use ebay email, as that at least creates a trail of some sort.

Good news is my DLC sold, and payment has been received.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You want angst? Trying selling women's purses on Ebay. I am helping a friend sell some old purses and wallets (Coach, Vera Bradley, etc). I have sold at least 150 items on Ebay and never once had anyone returned a thing. I start selling this crap and women are returning them 50% of the time. Pretty sure it is a rent a purse scam some of them have going on. I stopped offering returns on them (unless they say it is defective which they are not) because of the pain in the butt it has been. :wall:[/QUOTE]

lol i never offer returns on anything ever. being top rated doesnt mean shit and people dont price the return option into their bid anyway

[quote name='confoosious']Ebay will not side with you on anything rally, but especially digital codes.

Anytime you sell a code on ebay, you just pretty much have to pray. You can put anything you want in the description and you'd still lose.[/QUOTE]

I have one success story with ebay. Shipped a kindle to serbia n the buyer said he didnt receive it after 30 days and was complain about it. He picked the shipping method (didnt insure internationally) and then complained about it to ebay n opened a case. If i lost i would have been out the kindle + the winnings. But ebay reviewed the messages n ruled in my favor.

What i do for any dd is request the buyer to leave feedback asap after they redeem the code. If the do it within a few days or so (mark it shipped after you email) you are in the clear. If not spend the $2 n mail them a physical copy (update the tracking) to c.y.a.

Not sure if my preorder got totally screwed at Best Buy or not. They couldn't figure out how to package out the Halo 4 and the Xbox LIVE Gold membership promotion so the employee for some reason just returned my preorder to try the promotion without it being on a preorder. After that didn't work I made her void the return to hopefully keep from screwing up my $20 RZ certificate. The package still wouldn't bundle out so they just ended up removing $20 from the cost of the game, they said they couldn't deduct from the price of the card. This whole ordeal took 30 minutes and it reminded me of the good ol' days at K-Mart.

I'm concerned now that I wont be able to price match and that I might not get the $20 RZ certificate without having to call in.

[quote name='NoodleN1nja']Same here. I was debating on whether I wanted to buy Black ops 2 and decided that since I already had a $20 certificate that buying the game for 40 instead of 60 and getting another 20 bucks so I can buy another game later down the road would be a good deal but I guess we're too late. It doesn't show at the preorder kiosk in store and on their website either. And I checked the "myrewards" website and the only game left listed under the 2012 $20 certificate is Far Cry 3. Looks like I missed my chance. Oh wells. Just a heads up to those who haven't pre-ordered and was wondering why it isn't there.[/QUOTE]I think this got buried, and I'm ashamed to bring it up again, but could someone verify if BO2 is still part of this promotion?

[quote name='Vigilante']I think this got buried, and I'm ashamed to bring it up again, but could someone verify if BO2 is still part of this promotion?[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you're "bumping" this because I'd like to have confirmation as well.

I'm not too worried though, because if they don't post or pend, it just takes one call to CS bitching about it an 90% of the time they'll just automatically post you 1000 points.

[quote name='LordVila']Not sure if my preorder got totally screwed at Best Buy or not. They couldn't figure out how to package out the Halo 4 and the Xbox LIVE Gold membership promotion so the employee for some reason just returned my preorder to try the promotion without it being on a preorder. After that didn't work I made her void the return to hopefully keep from screwing up my $20 RZ certificate. The package still wouldn't bundle out so they just ended up removing $20 from the cost of the game, they said they couldn't deduct from the price of the card. This whole ordeal took 30 minutes and it reminded me of the good ol' days at K-Mart.

I'm concerned now that I wont be able to price match and that I might not get the $20 RZ certificate without having to call in.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me! I was pretty pissed!

[quote name='jcp42877']I'm glad you're "bumping" this because I'd like to have confirmation as well.

I'm not too worried though, because if they don't post or pend, it just takes one call to CS bitching about it an 90% of the time they'll just automatically post you 1000 points.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is still part of the offer:
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-Preorder/td-p/589964
[quote name=' Best Buy Community Connector Rep Mike']"Sorry for the confusion. Due to vendor agreements, we are only able to advertise this offer for customers when they are logged in at www.MYRZ.com. Nothing has been changed in the offer, however, and you will still get a $20 RZ certificate if you pre-order and purchase this game in accordance with the terms and conditions of the offer."[/QUOTE]

more confirming links:
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Black-ops-2-Hardened-with-promo/td-p/595518
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ed-20-Certificate-Pre-order-Bonus/td-p/531616

I went to pre-order Hitman for the $20 bonus and I found out it wasn't part of the deal. I thought it was added awhile back. Oh well, it comes out 11/20, so maybe I'll find a deal on Black Friday.

[quote name='ninjabenja']Yes, it is still part of the offer:
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-Preorder/td-p/589964

more confirming links:
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Black-ops-2-Hardened-with-promo/td-p/595518
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ed-20-Certificate-Pre-order-Bonus/td-p/531616[/QUOTE]Thanks for that. I was going to cancel the preorder I placed last night because my RZ information wasn't on the receipt and I was considering not re-placing it, but I'll be doing it now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back