Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre ordered the BLOPSII LE a few days ago through the website. I think I'll play BLOPS in anticipation since I've only played the zombies on there a little bit and nothing else.

[quote name='Zolor23']Would the regular version of BLOPS II come w/ the Nuketown zombie map/Nuketown 2025?[/QUOTE]

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Nuketown Zombies are only in the Hardened and Care Package versions, while 2025 is in the first run copies(Same as "Limited Editions", i.e. BF3 B2K Pack).

Zombies is supposed to be Hardened/Care Package Exclusive (but I imagine it'll be like the BlOps I WAW Zombie pack and eventually released for all). Nuketown 2025 is supposed to be a pack in, so I imagine that'll be a first run thing too.

So am confused the website doesn't show Black Ops with the offer but the forums say it's valid.

Need some clarification.

Sorry for the confusion. Due to vendor agreements, we are only able to advertise this offer for customers when they are logged in at www.MYRZ.com. Nothing has been changed in the offer, however, and you will still get a $20 RZ certificate if you pre-order and purchase this game in accordance with the terms and conditions of the offer.

Just wanted to confirm for you that all versions of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 are eligible for our Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered offer. Gamer's Club Unlocked members who have pre-ordered it will receive points approximately 30 days from the date they pick up the game.

From the forums you should have clicked through to.

[quote name='LordVila']Not sure if my preorder got totally screwed at Best Buy or not. They couldn't figure out how to package out the Halo 4 and the Xbox LIVE Gold membership promotion so the employee for some reason just returned my preorder to try the promotion without it being on a preorder. After that didn't work I made her void the return to hopefully keep from screwing up my $20 RZ certificate. The package still wouldn't bundle out so they just ended up removing $20 from the cost of the game, they said they couldn't deduct from the price of the card. This whole ordeal took 30 minutes and it reminded me of the good ol' days at K-Mart.

I'm concerned now that I wont be able to price match and that I might not get the $20 RZ certificate without having to call in.[/QUOTE]

me too. my pickup was a total disaster, took 20+ minutes. felt like a total jackass because they thought it might work better as two separate transactions (i picked up one reg and one LE, both with the XBL card) so they monopolized both pickup registers for me, with a big line forming behind me.

RZ certs applied directly to Halo 4 game - shows up as paying only $2.99. i am going to have a huge problem pricing matching, i can tell already.

i asked about the RZ 800 MSP bonus at first and they said it would apply. it shows up on one of my receipts, but no code on the receipt. maybe it gets emailed? by the time they were done, i just wanted out of there didn't want to press my luck.

You won't have a problem PMing. When they look at the receipt, they should see you paid in RZ Certs. You'll only get RZ points back though.

[quote name='Geco17']Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Nuketown Zombies are only in the Hardened and Care Package versions, while 2025 is in the first run copies(Same as "Limited Editions", i.e. BF3 B2K Pack).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='advanced']Zombies is supposed to be Hardened/Care Package Exclusive (but I imagine it'll be like the BlOps I WAW Zombie pack and eventually released for all). Nuketown 2025 is supposed to be a pack in, so I imagine that'll be a first run thing too.[/QUOTE]

Awww...I guess I'll see if I can get the Hardened edition then. This is valid online, right?

[quote name='LordVila']Not sure if my preorder got totally screwed at Best Buy or not. They couldn't figure out how to package out the Halo 4 and the Xbox LIVE Gold membership promotion so the employee for some reason just returned my preorder to try the promotion without it being on a preorder. After that didn't work I made her void the return to hopefully keep from screwing up my $20 RZ certificate. The package still wouldn't bundle out so they just ended up removing $20 from the cost of the game, they said they couldn't deduct from the price of the card. This whole ordeal took 30 minutes and it reminded me of the good ol' days at K-Mart.

I'm concerned now that I wont be able to price match and that I might not get the $20 RZ certificate without having to call in.[/QUOTE]

Had something similar happen with my AC3 pre-order. I used the GCU B2G1 coupon when i picked the game up, and obviously this was more than the person at the register could handle. I didn't realize what had happened until today when i checked the receipt and saw that i didn't have the pre-order DLC code. I went back tonight and got that taken care of, and they told me the other would be fine (even after he said it looked like the original had been refunded). I have a feeling i'm not done dealing with CS on this.

[quote name='Zolor23']Awww...I guess I'll see if I can get the Hardened edition then. This is valid online, right?[/QUOTE]

You mean does the version you buy online apply to this too? Yeah, of course.

[quote name='Zolor23']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Call+of...8761710313&skuId=6608617&st=6608617&lp=1&cp=1

In Stock?

I meant does the $20 RZ Certificate apply to online orders? How can I be sure it will go through?[/QUOTE]

Before you preorder, make sure your RZ Account is synced up with your BestBuy.com Account.
Also, make sure you are GC Unlocked.

Then, preorder.

Wait.

It should go through. If not, call CS or message mike-BBY on the forums.

You should be fine though.

Edit: Yes, they count for online orders.

[quote name='advanced']Before you preorder, make sure your RZ Account is synced up with your BestBuy.com Account.
Also, make sure you are GC Unlocked.

Then, preorder.

Wait.

It should go through. If not, call CS or message mike-BBY on the forums.

You should be fine though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'm going to try in-store first, but online isn't a bad option. I wonder what the available stock means for the exclusiveness of this hardened edition of the game...

Just noticed that my Ac3 points weren't added to the total amount of points. The 1000 points is in the transaction though, am I good?

[quote name='advanced']Yeah. Mine did the same thing. They should get added to the pending total under your current total in a few days.[/QUOTE]

Correct. I picked AC3 last Tuesday, and it was listed in the itemized point total, but not on the mail RZ page. Today if finally updated to show 1000+ points pending.

I think I stupidly made the mistake of not preordering the Hardened Edition of Black Ops 2 in-store...

I figured it would be useless for myself to buy it and preordered the standard edition instead 3 weeks ago. Just now did it hit me that the Nuketown Zombies map would be exclusive to this edition right away. I'm sure I could easily sell that code online release day for $25+, and either sell off or keep the other extras.

Might have to go to my store tomorrow morning and see if I can change my preorder around.

[quote name='jcp42877']I think I stupidly made the mistake of not preordering the Hardened Edition of Black Ops 2 in-store...

I figured it would be useless for myself to buy it and preordered the standard edition instead 3 weeks ago. Just now did it hit me that the Nuketown Zombies map would be exclusive to this edition right away. I'm sure I could easily sell that code online release day for $25+, and either sell off or keep the other extras.

Might have to go to my store tomorrow morning and see if I can change my preorder around.[/QUOTE]

i doubt any bestbuy will let you preorder the hardened edition now.

At my local BBY, they wouldn't let me pre-order the Hardened version of Black Ops 2 (XBOX) last week. However, you can still pre-order it online for shipping.

Wait so does anyone know how long ago they removed black ops 2 from the list? I pre-ordered about 2 weeks ago...will my account say something about the future 1000 points or it wont show pending til i pick it up next tuesday? Or are people not getting the 20 dollar reward at all anymore?

Looks like the list has been updated on the website. It's now:

Offer expires: 01/01/2014
One of the biggest benefits of your Reward Zone® Gamers Club [Unlocked] membership is fantastic exclusive offers like this one. Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Injustice
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgment
God of War: Ascension
GTA V
Last of Us
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

[quote name='bcoakiot']Looks like the list has been updated on the website. It's now:

Offer expires: 01/01/2014
One of the biggest benefits of your Reward Zone® Gamers Club [Unlocked] membership is fantastic exclusive offers like this one. Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Injustice
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgment
God of War: Ascension
GTA V
Last of Us
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider[/QUOTE]

You mean this? http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331046 ;)

Should it be on your pick up receipt about the points? I dont see any mention on my receipt from yesterday.

I haven't received anything yet, I got Borderlands 2, Dishonored and now AC3 and Halo 4. I called them up on saturday they said it should be posted within 48 hours...... They stole my money!

I've skimmed through the last few pages and didn't see this addressed, so my apologies if a similar scenario has been confirmed. I was hoping someone really familiar with BB's systems could answer this.

I picked up my pre-ordered Halo 4 yesterday and I didn't realize until afterwards that I could have gotten the CE guide for $20 if it was rung together. If they won't simply just reduce it and sell it to me by itself, will my $20 bonus be voided if they do a return/rebuy on it? Is there a way they can do it specifically to keep me from having to call customer service if they screw it up?

[quote name='chriscolbert']I've skimmed through the last few pages and didn't see this addressed, so my apologies if a similar scenario has been confirmed. I was hoping someone really familiar with BB's systems could answer this.

I picked up my pre-ordered Halo 4 yesterday and I didn't realize until afterwards that I could have gotten the CE guide for $20 if it was rung together. If they won't simply just reduce it and sell it to me by itself, will my $20 bonus be voided if they do a return/rebuy on it? Is there a way they can do it specifically to keep me from having to call customer service if they screw it up?[/QUOTE]If they do a return/rebuy, you will lose the $20 in RZ certificates, that much is clear. You can try to have them manually reduce the price of the guide after explaining the situation, but other than that, I wouldn't risk it.

Another option (if they won't reduce the guide by itself) is to PM Amazon's $23.99 price for the CE guide located here. It's slightly more expensive than the $20 price point you mentioned, but it's an option if they refuse to reduce the price for you.

[quote name='Vigilante']If they do a return/rebuy, you will lose the $20 in RZ certificates, that much is clear. You can try to have them manually reduce the price of the guide after explaining the situation, but other than that, I wouldn't risk it.

Another option (if they won't reduce the guide by itself) is to PM Amazon's $23.99 price for the CE guide located here. It's slightly more expensive than the $20 price point you mentioned, but it's an option if they refuse to reduce the price for you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I figured as much and will see if they can just sell it to me by itself. Amazon won't start charging tax in my state until next year, so I'll just order it from them if I strike out.

Just pre-ordered Call of Duty Black Ops II Hardened Edition for Xbox 360 online with FREE shipping. Cant believe that after checking ebay, people are actually willing to pay between $100-$150 for this package. Obviously, im selling this on ebay and at worse, I'll break even but with the $20 cert, I should easily make a profit.

Come Monday, I'll pre-order Far Cry 3 which I actually want to play which is rare since I hate FPS.

[quote name='GarrettKapman']can I cancel a preorder at a different store than the preorder was made? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Halo 4 LE points just posted but no sign of 1000 points yet. Also my total points pending haven't been updating lately

[quote name='KENFL0']Halo 4 LE points just posted but no sign of 1000 points yet. Also my total points pending haven't been updating lately[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil 6 Anthology edition took 2-3 weeks to post. Give it some time as you won't get it till 30 days anyway.

For anyone that redeemed the halo preorder dlc, what exactly was it for? I figured its a helmet and armor for in game but I'm not seeing it anywhere.

[quote name='dan77733']Just pre-ordered Call of Duty Black Ops II Hardened Edition for Xbox 360 online with FREE shipping. Cant believe that after checking ebay, people are actually willing to pay between $100-$150 for this package. Obviously, im selling this on ebay and at worse, I'll break even but with the $20 cert, I should easily make a profit.

Come Monday, I'll pre-order Far Cry 3 which I actually want to play which is rare since I hate FPS.[/QUOTE]

Did they charge you the full amount?

[quote name='SylentHavok']Did they charge you the full amount?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They charged me the full amount yesterday. I'm happy I didnt wait to buy it because its now sold out on Best Buy. I'm hoping that it gets shipped out tomorrow so I can hopefully get it Tuesday and list it later that day.

[quote name='Brother Daz']For anyone that redeemed the halo preorder dlc, what exactly was it for? I figured its a helmet and armor for in game but I'm not seeing it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I had them and sold them. Both are for multiplayer though. Not single player.

Still waiting for my cert from NBA 2K13. Told me wait 30-35 days, today is day 36. If this is going to be the usual routine, i wont buy anything else from here. It's like they are playing the rebate game.

Update, will have my points in 3-5 days after i had to call them.

[quote name='Brother Daz']For anyone that redeemed the halo preorder dlc, what exactly was it for? I figured its a helmet and armor for in game but I'm not seeing it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see it at first either, but then later on, it eventually showed up. I just think there was a delay in the servers, etc, recognizing the DLC on my hard drive and unlocking the armor.

fuck! Did they already remove the 20 dollar cert option for black ops 2? Its removed from gamer cluib offers list of games!

Should have done it a few days ago....No way Im buying this at launch now, not with my backlog...

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']fuck! Did they already remove the 20 dollar cert option for black ops 2? Its removed from gamer cluib offers list of games!

Should have done it a few days ago....No way Im buying this at launch now, not with my backlog...[/QUOTE]

If you are buying it for the SP at launch you are doing it wrong. ;)

If you are waiting to get into MP you are once again doing it wrong. ;)

Also i'm surprised that Halo 4 armor is still demanding up to $30 in sales today... Still wish I hadn't gave mine to that kid at work lol $ > being nice to a broke fanboy. haha

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']fuck! Did they already remove the 20 dollar cert option for black ops 2? Its removed from gamer cluib offers list of games!

Should have done it a few days ago....No way Im buying this at launch now, not with my backlog...[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the hack job, but either mobile site or my phone is spazzin.....

Originally Posted by doubledown How come I don't see any reference to BLACK OPS II on Best Buy websites for the $20 bonus?

Originally Posted by dc delta90 It SHOULD be showing on the RZ website when you are signed in but with the updates for the 2013 new titles, this was accidentally taken down. That will get updated but it is taking longer than planned.

Be ABSOLUTELY ASSURED that Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Halo 4 and Far Cry 3 (360 and PS3 versions of these) are all part of this promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doubledown']So, odds are I won't get my $20 Halo 4 RZ cert before Tuesday? I wanted to use it to Pre-Order Black Ops II[/QUOTE]

Highly unlikely you'll get it before then.

[quote name='doubledown']So, odds are I won't get my $20 Halo 4 RZ cert before Tuesday? I wanted to use it to Pre-Order Black Ops II[/QUOTE]
No chance at all

It's for armor skins in multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back