Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doubledown']They must have changed then. I know my Madden and NCAA ones were almost instant.[/QUOTE]

Depends on when you pre ordered it and if you're silver

I just realized that my Halo 4 purchase hasn't posted at ALL under my rewards account... that's odd, usually it shows up right away even if it doesn't have the pending points listed. Is this happening to anyone else?

Just checked my GFs account and the transaction isn't listed for her either.

Up to 5 days for it to show at all on RZ. If it still doesn't show by then, just use the customer pin at the bottom of your receipt to add it to your account.

[quote name='DeskLaser']I didn't see it at first either, but then later on, it eventually showed up. I just think there was a delay in the servers, etc, recognizing the DLC on my hard drive and unlocking the armor.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks

[quote name='splattered']I just realized that my Halo 4 purchase hasn't posted at ALL under my rewards account... that's odd, usually it shows up right away even if it doesn't have the pending points listed. Is this happening to anyone else?

Just checked my GFs account and the transaction isn't listed for her either.[/QUOTE]

I'm a Silver Member, and since August my purchases have been showing up within 24hrs. Having said that, Halo 4 preorders haven't shown up on my account AT ALL. I tried to enter in the customer pin to claim it, but received the message that it's already associated with my RZ account.

I think things are just moving slower than normal with Halo 4.

[quote name='209chromatic']I already got my certificate for halo 4, that was fast.[/QUOTE]

Haha great, start the shit storm of "Omg, I haven't gotten my cert. Where's my cert? How long before I get cert?! BB sucks! Wtf do you mean I have to wait a month?! Their policy blows!" :whee:

Seriously though, awesome for you.

For the record, I haven't gotten mine yet. Wait, Wtf do you mean I have actually pick up the game first? Those bastards! ;)

[quote name='godsmack13']Sorry for the hack job, but either mobile site or my phone is spazzin.....

Originally Posted by doubledown How come I don't see any reference to BLACK OPS II on Best Buy websites for the $20 bonus?

Originally Posted by dc delta90 It SHOULD be showing on the RZ website when you are signed in but with the updates for the 2013 new titles, this was accidentally taken down. That will get updated but it is taking longer than planned.

Be ABSOLUTELY ASSURED that Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Halo 4 and Far Cry 3 (360 and PS3 versions of these) are all part of this promotion.[/QUOTE]

Ok awesome thanks, I have my 50 dollar gift card at home so will check online tonight. Definitely looking forward to this one, as Black Ops was probably my favorite after COD4

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Ok awesome thanks, I have my 50 dollar gift card at home so will check online tonight. Definitely looking forward to this one, as Black Ops was probably my favorite after COD4[/QUOTE]

Worst case scenario, don't open it before you see the 1k points pending. Or return it before your return window is up.

I just got a Silver member packet in the mail that had a 3x RZ point card in it.

Is it possible to stack this with a new release purchase??

Making 60+60(GCU bonus), so 120x3= 360 points??

[quote name='jcp42877']I just got a Silver member packet in the mail that had a 3x RZ point card in it.

Is it possible to stack this with a new release purchase??

Making 60+60(GCU bonus), so 120x3= 360 points??[/QUOTE]

No. It would be 60x3 + 60(GCU bonus)

Traded in a few things and pre-ordered GTA:V today to get the poster and also gave me a lil boxed keychain picture viewer thing. Ebay shows they are a set of 5 and bringing $15+ each just for the viewer, one set sold for $200 yesterday..... Just a friendly heads up as they had alot of posters but only 1 small little box of viewers.

Asked about what they expected for CoD tuesday and she said after the Halo launch they decided to start ringing people out at 10pm then at midnight you can get your game and leave.

[quote name='GarrettKapman']Does best buy have bonus dog tags for picking up blops2 at midnight? Thanks. and any source would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Unless they got more in i'd say no, they were given away as a incentive to get pre-orders months ago.

That said the girl telling me about the CoD midnight launch said she opened a big box of swag to pass out and employee shirts and games today. So maybe some stores get more tags.

[quote name='$hady']Unless they got more in i'd say no, they were given away as a incentive to get pre-orders months ago.

That said the girl telling me about the CoD midnight launch said she opened a big box of swag to pass out and employee shirts and games today. So maybe some stores get more tags.[/QUOTE]

Not sure which dog tags you guys are talking about but when I went to BB yesterday, I saw that they were selling some COD dog tags with the title "call of duty endowment" on the display case they were hanging on for $5 each

[quote name='JohnWayne']Not sure which dog tags you guys are talking about but when I went to BB yesterday, I saw that they were selling some COD dog tags with the title "call of duty endowment" on the display case they were hanging on for $5 each[/QUOTE]

Found pic of the pre-order freebie dog tags on google. I saw they had all kinds of Black Ops 2 "junk" today and iPhone, iPad cases etc..

20120502-110251.jpg

I'd heard that they may be available at midnight. Wasn't aware that they were already given away though... I guess I'll do the midnight pickup, even though I have an exam that night and don't want to stay up that late/early.

appears that the dog tags were originally added to your online cart at checkout. I think they must have scrapped the promotion when the tags ran out, just like bb did with the steel books for ac3.

My Halo 4 LE points posted today...was worried that they wouldn't because A)my cashier messed up the original transaction and B)it's the LE. Glad to see they are on the ball with my account (for once)!

My Halo transaction posted, but no 1,000 points. First time I pre-ordered online for in-store pickup. Won't do that again, on hold with Best Buy now.

[quote name='prayformojo']My Halo transaction posted, but no 1,000 points. First time I pre-ordered online for in-store pickup. Won't do that again, on hold with Best Buy now.[/QUOTE]

That's the best way to do. Just give it some time shit it just came out Tuesday and you can't use it in 30 days anyway.

[quote name='prayformojo']My Halo transaction posted, but no 1,000 points. First time I pre-ordered online for in-store pickup. Won't do that again, on hold with Best Buy now.[/QUOTE]Dude, be patient. My AC3 transaction posted without the 1000 points at first, but they appeared a day or so later.

[quote name='Vigilante']Dude, be patient. My AC3 transaction posted without the 1000 points at first, but they appeared a day or so later.[/QUOTE]

Got it all resolved, probably should have just waited it out, but the pick-up process was not the smoothest and I had a bad feeling that the guy screwed it up because my dlc codes did not print on the receipt.

I really do love BB because of all the deals, rz points and pm'ing but they do some dumb stuff sometimes. I received my Halo 4 package last night and it seemed a little thin. I was out of town on tues so shipping was easier then pickup. Instead of Halo 4 (the game) inside my package was Halo 4 (the pre-order poster) so someone in shipping messed up. I had to spend an hour on the phone to get a reship which the CC rep sent to the wrong address first at the wrong shipping speed. Worst part of all... The poster was bent to hell.

Edit: I was able to get them to swap it to in store pickup so i am able to get it tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lwhitit']I really do love BB because of all the deals, rz points and pm'ing but they do some dumb stuff sometimes. I received my Halo 4 package last night and it seemed a little thin. I was out of town on tues so shipping was easier then pickup. Instead of Halo 4 (the game) inside my package was Halo 4 (the pre-order poster) so someone in shipping messed up. I had to spend an hour on the phone to get a reship which the CC rep sent to the wrong address first at the wrong shipping speed. Worst part of all... The poster was bent to hell.

Edit: I was able to get them to swap it to in store pickup so i am able to get it tonight.[/QUOTE]

My preorder poster and Halo 4 game shipped separately. I got the poster a couple of days before the actual game.

[quote name='ky151']My preorder poster and Halo 4 game shipped separately. I got the poster a couple of days before the actual game.[/QUOTE]

The only tracking info for the order shows delivered and the cc rep couldnt find any more shipments. The poster sku was not on the receipt either. Would be nice for an extra copy to show up but i doubt it. I will update if it does.

Hm. My Halo 4 order posted but I didn't get the 1000 yet either. I'll wait a little before saying anything. Then again, I'm not too sure if I got my ACIII points yet.

[quote name='prayformojo']Got it all resolved, probably should have just waited it out, but the pick-up process was not the smoothest and I had a bad feeling that the guy screwed it up because my dlc codes did not print on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

DLC codes are emailed if you preordered online for instore pickup. They won't be on any receipt. It has only been 2 days since release. Chill out people.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am saving my 3x points for my $100 purchase needed for the AMEX Halo rebate.[/QUOTE]

I may just save mine til next payday and use it for an iPad mini to treat myself. That'll net me close to $20 in points.

just a heads up, I was able to use my 1000 points ($20 certificate) immediately after it was issued from AC3. Some people have been saying that you have to wait 30 days to use it, but that was not the case for me at all. I used the cert to preorder blops 2.

[quote name='GarrettKapman']just a heads up, I was able to use my 1000 points ($20 certificate) immediately after it was issued from AC3. Some people have been saying that you have to wait 30 days to use it, but that was not the case for me at all. I used the cert to preorder blops 2.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure the 30 days applies to the max amount of time until the 1000 points appears in your account, not until you can use it.

[quote name='GarrettKapman']just a heads up, I was able to use my 1000 points ($20 certificate) immediately after it was issued from AC3. Some people have been saying that you have to wait 30 days to use it, but that was not the case for me at all. I used the cert to preorder blops 2.[/QUOTE]

Of course you can use it once it's posted. Nobody has been saying you have to wait 30 days.

[quote name='aircobra']Of course you can use it once it's posted. Nobody has been saying you have to wait 30 days.[/QUOTE]

They say you have to wait that long to receive it but once you do, its all good.

i called in to pm halo 4 at fry's and the lady tells me they don't price match anymore :roll: then i called right back and got it price matched

[quote name='ger2396']I pre ordered black ops 2 online, the bonus dlc didnt show up on the receipt. Does that mean I'm s.o.l?[/QUOTE]

It's in the case.

[quote name='Youngnoble']For those that preordered online and still haven't received there halo 4 codes. Go to your order information. The DlC should be in the order details, it even tells you when it shipped. If its not, you won't be getting it.

It looks like this:

10/28/12
OrderCompleted

Microsoft-Halo 4-Xbox 360

Halo 4 Venator Raptor Preorder Bonus - Xbox 360 [Digital Download Add-On]

Halo 4 Deadeye Helmet Preorder Bonus - Xbox 360 [Digital Download Add-On] $37.09[/QUOTE]

Wow guess I'll give them a call and see what they'll come up with smh

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Second game in a row. Go to pre-order hardened edition for Blops 2, and it's sold out. Insane. Absolutely insane.[/QUOTE]

Find another store or order the regular version and then get over it. I'm not trolling, just feel its a bit presumptuous to expect a special edition (of one of the biggest games of the year) to be available to you 4 days before it launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back