Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Finch106']My halo. 4 receipt says I paid $8 for it. What in the hell is going on?[/QUOTE]

Odd. Mine says $60. But rewardzone says $11.99.

In any case, after three/four days, my 1000 points showed up.

[quote name='dkl415']Odd. Mine says $60. But rewardzone says $11.99.

In any case, after three/four days, my 1000 points showed up.[/QUOTE]
Ok. I called to verify that they have the correct amount on their end that was paid, and they said 59.94 or something which is right once you subtract the $5 preorder cost from the taxed total.

The website sucks so much. I don't understand how it can just put random totals for things when that's all we have to go by as a customer.

[quote name='advanced']No. This is the same process that happens if you ever misplace your preorder receipt and you go to pick up the game. They print out a dupe receipt and then fill the preorder. You're good.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man. Just gotta wait now.

[quote name='GreyFoxx2002']Anybody do the Halo 4 dell $20 gift card match in store?[/QUOTE]

I pmd a similar deal, the toysrus $20 g.c. w/ any game purchase on both halo 4 and medal of honor (pickedup release week already). Somehow the girl only charged me $29.99 for halo 4, but I wasnt about to correct her. For medal of honor, they did it as a return, then repurchase though :/ I already received the points for it, but they might take it away from that purchase now. Also, didn't receive the halo 4 pre-order bonus, but didn't think it was worth fighting for since I got the extra $10 off.

[quote name='IanWoot']Did anyone have any luck getting the Halo 4/12+1 xbox live card/800 point deal AND the $20 cert for preordering?

I figured no, but I've been tempted to cancel my blops 2 preorder and try it.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it worked, took some time for them to enter it correctly but it worked

[quote name='alwayscheaper']This should be a 1 post thread to prevent all the asinine shit inside it. Where are my points, will I get my points, I got my points, my account says this, why does it say that. Like the bottom feeders of CAG in here.[/QUOTE]

Ok trainee, whatever you say bud! :roll:

Has anyone received a call from their local Best Buy about the BO2 midnight launch? I was called while at work, thinking it was a job interview, to be notified about an early play event as well as prizes.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']This should be a 1 post thread to prevent all the asinine shit inside it. Where are my points, will I get my points, I got my points, my account says this, why does it say that. Like the bottom feeders of CAG in here.[/QUOTE]

Usually when we post that "asinine shit" it's to say you're not the only one experiencing A, or B happened so don't be surprised if it happens to you. I like your post better though. Very helpful, informative too.

I just noticed that I'm getting the reward certificates about 30 days from when I placed the order, not 30 days from the release date.

I should have preordered Halo and Black Ops sooner... :(

[quote name='Finch106']Usually when we post that "asinine shit" it's to say you're not the only one experiencing A, or B happened so don't be surprised if it happens to you. I like your post better though. Very helpful, informative too.[/QUOTE]

Nope, people post those things because they don't understand the terms of the offer.

[quote name='Finch106']Ok. I called to verify that they have the correct amount on their end that was paid, and they said 59.94 or something which is right once you subtract the $5 preorder cost from the taxed total.

The website sucks so much. I don't understand how it can just put random totals for things when that's all we have to go by as a customer.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I go by my receipt for purchases. The website tracks only reward zone points and is not a receipt substitute because of that. Sounds like you paid with a gift card. Purchases made with gift cards don't earn rz points. Sometimes though the system will give some random amount of points anyways. Rather than "sucking" its actually a beneficial occurrence.

I got my points pending for halo 4 already but not assassins creed 3 yet. Does anybody know how I should go about getting them? If I don't get them pending by BF I'm going to rebuy it and return it with the original receipt.

Well I just preordered black ops 2 since they finally put it back on the list of $20 reward zone credit. I preordered the same way as I did halo 4 with in store pickup instead of pre order in store. I still plan to buy assassins creed 3 on bf and return it with my launch receipt if I don't get my points pending by then.

Yeah when they put the 2013 list on there so it didn't mention anything about $20 back for the last month or so. Not on the game page or on the list thru gamers club offers. I know because I looked several times. It was on there for awhile but then they took it off for some reason but now it's finally back up there. And I didn't see any BF deals on it so I decided to pre order since I got every COD since modern warfare 1 at launch.

lol I wish I would've preordered other games that were part of this deal... Oh well, I still haven't gotten any of those other games so no harm done yet.

Anyways, points are showing up for me so it's working very smoothly.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Yeah when they put the 2013 list on there so it didn't mention anything about $20 back for the last month or so. Not on the game page or on the list thru gamers club offers. I know because I looked several times. It was on there for awhile but then they took it off for some reason but now it's finally back up there. And I didn't see any BF deals on it so I decided to pre order since I got every COD since modern warfare 1 at launch.[/QUOTE]

It's always been a part of this promotion. I know because this discussion has gone on for months now. They took it off because Acti doesn't like advertised day 1 deals on COD. It's always been a part of this promotion. Always. It's even been backed up by the BBY Forums.

Ok man but they took it off the list on myrz for awhile. I know what I saw and I also knew that activision didn't like advertised deals and I like to wait till the last minute to pre order and they did take it off the list for awhile but its back up on the reward zone site now so I pre ordered. I will get nuketown from there right?

It's been on the Victory Can Be Preordered pamphlet since August. The "removal" you're seeing is part of the deal with Acti. I'm only fighting this hard so people don't see your post and think "Oh, I might have to go re-preorder".

Yeah, you'll be fine. It's a pack in apparently.

Anyone had a problem picking up a LE they preordered and BBY not having any in stock. I preordered Halo 4 LE and tried to pick it up yesterday but they didn't have anymore LE copy left so I just canceled the preorder. This better not happen with Blops 2 HE next week and I will be going on Tuesday after work this time.

[quote name='jr1016']Anyone had a problem picking up a LE they preordered and BBY not having any in stock. I preordered Halo 4 LE and tried to pick it up yesterday but they didn't have anymore LE copy left so I just canceled the preorder. This better not happen with Blops 2 HE next week and I will be going on Tuesday after work this time.[/QUOTE]

Employee at my bby said if they sold a preorder on a customer they have to give you a gift card for the value of the game.

My BBY has started using an official list for preorders on LE's and Hardware (Halo 4 360). You go up to CS and they take your receipt, cross reference the list and then do the transaction. No name on the list, no LE. They keep all the LE's behind the CS desk and they never reach the floor unless they have extras.

Didn't know about the gift card thing though.

[quote name='jr1016']Anyone had a problem picking up a LE they preordered and BBY not having any in stock. I preordered Halo 4 LE and tried to pick it up yesterday but they didn't have anymore LE copy left so I just canceled the preorder. This better not happen with Blops 2 HE next week and I will be going on Tuesday after work this time.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you go to another best buy? I heard their not even limited

I would have complained a little. They're supposed to set aside all pre-orders. I know mine puts your name on the copy and whatever extras are left after going through all the pre-orders gets put on the shelves.

Thanks for the responds guys, I didn't really make a big deal out of it because my son said he probably won't play it as much anyways since Blops 2 comes out next week. Now if it happens again for a game I really want to keep then I'll make sure they'll hear my frustration. Just to be clear does BBY hold preorders 5 days or 7 days after release?

Does the $20 rz cert work for the hardened edition of black ops 2?

edit also one more question it on the bestbuy page it doesn't say we will get the nuke town map. is this still being offered?

[quote name='HenDoggy']Does the $20 rz cert work for the hardened edition of black ops 2?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not. It worked for my UVHE of borderlands 2

[quote name='jr1016']Thanks for the responds guys, I didn't really make a big deal out of it because my son said he probably won't play it as much anyways since Blops 2 comes out next week. Now if it happens again for a game I really want to keep then I'll make sure they'll hear my frustration. Just to be clear does BBY hold preorders 5 days or 7 days after release?[/QUOTE]

Should be 7 days because you have that long to pick up the game to get your $20 cert.

[quote name='HenDoggy']edit also one more question it on the bestbuy page it doesn't say we will get the nuke town map. is this still being offered?[/QUOTE]

I'm not answering your first question because it's in the OP. Nuketown 2025 is inside the game case on all launch copies.

[quote name='Kyden139']Nope, people post those things because they don't understand the terms of the offer.

Personally, I go by my receipt for purchases. The website tracks only reward zone points and is not a receipt substitute because of that. Sounds like you paid with a gift card. Purchases made with gift cards don't earn rz points. Sometimes though the system will give some random amount of points anyways. Rather than "sucking" its actually a beneficial occurrence.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get a receipt for my halo 4 pickup. I got a reprint the next day, but didn't have it with me when I was looking at myrewardzone.com so that was my fault. But yes I paid with a gift card, my total pending shows 2500+ which is correct for halo 4 and AC3, my halo 4 purchase doesn't show 1000 but its there. The website sucks.

[quote name='advanced']My BBY has started using an official list for preorders on LE's and Hardware (Halo 4 360). You go up to CS and they take your receipt, cross reference the list and then do the transaction. No name on the list, no LE. They keep all the LE's behind the CS desk and they never reach the floor unless they have extras.

Didn't know about the gift card thing though.[/QUOTE]

I actually had a BBY employee call me to remind me to pick up my preorder or I'd lose it or that I could get my money back. And this was for a regular Assassins Creed 3. I had actually already gotten it, but my receipt needed an override (past 30 days) so I guess it didn't get marked off their list

So it seems at my BBY at least, they are using a list for everything.

I also never ever see LEs on the floor anymore unless they are extras, or people didn't pick them up. Like 6 copies of Borderlands LE (not the chest) randomly showed up the other day.

[quote name='Finch106']I didn't get a receipt for my halo 4 pickup. I got a reprint the next day, but didn't have it with me when I was looking at myrewardzone.com so that was my fault. But yes I paid with a gift card, my total pending shows 2500+ which is correct for halo 4 and AC3, my halo 4 purchase doesn't show 1000 but its there. The website sucks.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered in-store - I picked up Halo 4 on Tuesday and when the transaction first showed up in MYRZ, it didn't have the 1000 point bonus. It wasn't until Friday when the 1000 pts was added at the bottom (still pending). So it might be similar in your case, where even though the bonus points wasn't initally posted, it will be in the future. If, on your online receipt, it shows the pre-order bonus, I imagine you wouldn't have any difficulty calling if they didn't show up after 30 days.

[quote name='knight19']I pre-ordered in-store - I picked up Halo 4 on Tuesday and when the transaction first showed up in MYRZ, it didn't have the 1000 point bonus. It wasn't until Friday when the 1000 pts was added at the bottom (still pending). So it might be similar in your case, where even though the bonus points wasn't initally posted, it will be in the future. If, on your online receipt, it shows the pre-order bonus, I imagine you wouldn't have any difficulty calling if they didn't show up after 30 days.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's usually the case. It'll show up eventually. What I'm saying is I already have the 1000 from that purchase pending, it just doesn't show that it is from that purchase. My points went from 1500 to 2500 with no change to any order's pts. It can only be from halo 4.

I think the black ops 2 per-order bonus is over now. Just went to reserve it and its not showing up at check out. I guess I missed the boat...

[quote name='jberth36']I think the black ops 2 per-order bonus is over now. Just went to reserve it and its not showing up at check out. I guess I missed the boat...[/QUOTE]

Read the op. Or the prior page. Or any other earlier page in this thread.

[quote name='jberth36']I think the black ops 2 per-order bonus is over now. Just went to reserve it and its not showing up at check out. I guess I missed the boat...[/QUOTE]

How about you not post before reading the OP. Save everyone from reading this crap over and over.

What I find funny is that most people make it seem like they're only gonna get BLOPs 2 if the $20 cert promo still applies...

Everyone knows this game is still gonna most likely be a day-1 purchase for them, promo or no promo...

[quote name='jcp42877']What I find funny is that most people make it seem like they're only gonna get BLOPs 2 if the $20 cert promo still applies...

Everyone knows this game is still gonna most likely be a day-1 purchase for them, promo or no promo...[/QUOTE]

No not for me, remember cags are like the 0.01% of gamers - we're informed buyers so would wait for 39.99 if it weren't for cert

Lets be honest if you want to play blops 2 for cheap just pick up blops 1 or mw3

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']No not for me, remember cags are like the 0.01% of gamers - we're informed buyers so would wait for 39.99 if it weren't for cert

Lets be honest if you want to play blops 2 for cheap just pick up blops 1 or mw3[/QUOTE]

While I am def he epitome of a cheap as HELL gamer, and more informed on any electronics deal than ANYONE I know, I can honestly say I'd still buy it day one personally, regardless of promo.

And this is actually the first COD that looks like actual initiative was put into it for a new "taste". I love modern warfare, but that teet has been milked almost as long as WWII. This game looks like just the right blend of futuristic enough, but not crazy sci-fi ala Halo series.

So everyone is ragging on me about not reading the op, or any of the earlier thread, but I did do that. The op isn't very detailed about the black ops 2 pre-order situation, and other posters are saying that the deal shows up after you're logged in with your bb gamer club unlocked. I did that and the deal still wasn't showing up. So that's why I was thinking the deal was over. Hopefully I was wrong, I pre-ordered anyway.

[quote name='jberth36']So everyone is ragging on me about not reading the op, or any of the earlier thread, but I did do that. The op isn't very detailed about the black ops 2 pre-order situation, and other posters are saying that the deal shows up after you're logged in with your bb gamer club unlocked. I did that and the deal still wasn't showing up. So that's why I was thinking the deal was over. Hopefully I was wrong, I pre-ordered anyway.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

[quote name='htz']**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.
**[/QUOTE]

Not sure how it could be any plainer.

[quote name='jberth36']So everyone is ragging on me about not reading the op, or any of the earlier thread, but I did do that. The op isn't very detailed about the black ops 2 pre-order situation, and other posters are saying that the deal shows up after you're logged in with your bb gamer club unlocked. I did that and the deal still wasn't showing up. So that's why I was thinking the deal was over. Hopefully I was wrong, I pre-ordered anyway.[/QUOTE]

SMH. You fail at this deal. It really is not hard to read the OP or any of the countless replies that this damn game has gotten in regards to the promotion. The deal is only over once the game releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back