Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tlwizard']With Best Buy's new internet price-matching in place, will they price match my Dishonored which is 44.99 online at Overstock.com? (I'm silver and I ordered through Best Buy online.)[/QUOTE]This is a good question and one to which I would also like to know the answer. I wouldn't mind getting back another $7.42. :)

[quote name='tlwizard']With Best Buy's new internet price-matching in place, will they price match my Dishonored which is 44.99 online at Overstock.com? (I'm silver and I ordered through Best Buy online.)[/QUOTE]

They only PM a limited amount of stores. Overstock.com is not one of those

[quote name='Jimmienoman']They only PM a limited amount of stores. Overstock.com is not one of those[/QUOTE]I was trying to find a list of stores they were matching during this promotion but couldn't find one. Do you have the list of stores they're matching?

[quote name='tlwizard']I was trying to find a list of stores they were matching during this promotion but couldn't find one. Do you have the list of stores they're matching?[/QUOTE]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

The list you seek is at the bottom of that page.

PM'ing games from eligible retailers will be YMMV since it only specifies "appliance and electronics hardware products" and they detail exactly what products fall into that category. Consoles are mentioned but not games.

Seems like a majority here are having good luck whenever they PM for games but it won't be a 100% success rate.

[quote name='mrbutler14']I went in with my halo 4 receipt and they pm'd the $30 off for buying two when I bought black ops 2. They didnt want to mess around with applying two $15 price matches so just deducted $30 off the black ops sale. The thing is they made no adjustments to my halo receipt leaving it open to be price matched again if I was feeling like being a jerk. The way I got the adjustment was to go in with halo 4 and black ops 2 on the toys r us checkout screen on my phone where it showed a $30 discount on one of the games for buying them together. If you have not tried yet it is worth a shot for sure.[/QUOTE]
A lot of people have been doing this, if you add Hardened and another $59.99 game to cart at TRU, Hardened comes out as $50. If you are very persuasive you can print it out and try to PM it. If you succeed, you would essentially be getting this at $30 from GCU + tax of $80, great deal. Don't know if this is still the case at TRU's end.

is anyone expecting nba 2k13 to drop in price soon? If not I may go to best buy and have them take off $30 for that and black ops 2. I also have halo 4 limited edition. any PMs for that yet?

Well just got back from BB and got Black ops 2 and Xcom PMd 30 bucks off with the tru deal going on

Was able to double dip the Xcom as I had used it previously before with the buy 2 get 1 free deal on Dishonered and borderlands

So total expenditure for all four games, BO2, BL2, XCOM and Dishonored came out to 65 bucks

I dont think im gonna press my luck on FarCry 3 as its an Ubi game and should be cheap enough in the next few months because ive had too deal with RZ on the phone for every certificate on this promotion so far

I will probably get GTA5 on the next promotion

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Well just got back from BB and got Black ops 2 and Xcom PMd 30 bucks off with the tru deal going on

Was able to double dip the Xcom as I had used it previously before with the buy 2 get 1 free deal on Dishonered and borderlands

[/QUOTE]
Is there just simply no sense of ethics any more? This place depresses me sometimes...

[quote name='Lord Hamm']
I dont think im gonna press my luck on FarCry 3 as its an Ubi game and should be cheap enough in the next few months because ive had too deal with RZ on the phone for every certificate on this promotion so far
[/QUOTE]
Yeah same here, pretty much been calling into customer service for PMs a lot lately on top of the certs. Even though there is no clear indication of a certain limit of PMs, I'm not going to push my luck either cause BB might have the same policy as trade-ins where the limit is unknown until you get denied randomly one day.

I think my next $20 cert offer game will be bioshock infinite.

[quote name='Donut2922']If my local GS and BB is any indication, Black Ops 2 is gonna murder the previous CoD records.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I agree here. Treyarch has actually did something different with the COD franchise. The mains things that come to mind is the pick 10 system, multiple endings in the campaign, live streaming to youtube without needing game capture equipment, and zombies gets its own campaign. While maintaining that COD feel to the game.

[quote name='htz']Yeah I agree here. Treyarch has actually did something different with the COD franchise. The mains things that come to mind is the pick 10 system, multiple endings in the campaign, live streaming to youtube without needing game capture equipment, and zombies gets its own campaign. While maintaining that COD feel to the game.[/QUOTE]

I'm really looking forward to playing my Zombies tonight. That's all I play for on Call of Duty. What used to be a niche market has become a humongous fanbase. I've been playing ever since World at War came out. I thought it was so awesome how the original zombie map was an unlocked map only after having beaten the campaign.

My BB, which never gets too busy with game preorders or anything, has had a line 15-20 deep ALL DAY. The back wall of the CS section was lined with Hardened editions too. I went in at 10:30 and my girlfriend just went into work and the line has consistently been that long through out the day according to coworkers. That alone makes me think this game is going to destroy past records.

Picked up my Black Ops 2 today and I am 95% certain that the employee didn't enter my Reward Zone information when I picked up my preorder. Hopefully I am wrong but if I am right has anyone had the experience before and what is the best course of action to take to get it corrected from your experience?

[quote name='LordVila']Picked up my Black Ops 2 today and I am 95% certain that the employee didn't enter my Reward Zone information when I picked up my preorder. Hopefully I am wrong but if I am right has anyone had the experience before and what is the best course of action to take to get it corrected from your experience?[/QUOTE]

Same happen to me. Look at your receipt and see if your RZ # is on their. If not you should be able to just add it yourself on RZ site.

Also no go with the $10 PM from Toys R Us because I bought the HE and it was not in stock. They were willing to match the regular edition though. Just an FYI for anyone picking up the game this week.

[quote name='jr1016']Same happen to me. Look at your receipt and see if your RZ # is on their. If not you should be able to just add it yourself on RZ site.

Also no go with the $10 PM from Toys R Us because I bought the HE and it was not in stock. They were willing to match the regular edition though. Just an FYI for anyone picking up the game this week.[/QUOTE]

Just checked my receipt and my RZ# was not on there. I went ahead and reported missing points so hopefully that will straighten it out. I know its not as feasible for Best Buy but I wish they were set up like Krogers so I could put in my own RZ account information during time of purchase to ensure that it is put in. Last weekend I told the girl doing trade-ins my account information 4 times and she never put in my RZ information and I didn't notice it until after the trade was complete and I had used my credit so it was partially my fault. I am just thankful I didn't trade in a large amount of games at that time.

[quote name='advanced']My BB, which never gets too busy with game preorders or anything, has had a line 15-20 deep ALL DAY. The back wall of the CS section was lined with Hardened editions too. I went in at 10:30 and my girlfriend just went into work and the line has consistently been that long through out the day according to coworkers. That alone makes me think this game is going to destroy past records.[/QUOTE]

The game can destroy records all it wants, but the graphics suck huge dick.

I've never been a guy to complain much on graphics, as I play on a native 720p HDTV anyways, but this just looks horrid. Enough where I thought it was my TV at first (never thought this before..). I installed the texture package, adjusted video settings, and still..crap. On top off that, my gunfire seems to get lost in the commotion of the game. Call me odd, but in any FPS, I enjoy hearing the thick, resonating sound of my gun, no matter a big sniper rifle, or small pistol. In this game, it's muffled as mess..

It baffles me how each CoD game gets a BIT progressively better graphics wise, then this one just skyrockets down. Treyarch's games have always been my favorite too. Kinds disappointed in this one.

To give the Benefit of the doubt, this is my first new COD release on my PS3 (i bought every other one on 360)..but that's no excuse. As my MW3 copy looked just as good on my PS3 as my 360 copy..

[quote name='panda911']Lulz BBY didn't have my preordered Hardened edition. Swell job guys![/QUOTE]

If what I've heard more than a few times is true, they should compensate you a $79.99 gift card free of charge.

[quote name='jcp42877']If what I've heard more than a few times is true, they should compensate you a $79.99 gift card free of charge.[/QUOTE]

Oh definitely. I'll give them a call when I have time and ask for that and the 20 in rz certs. It's just ridiculous.

[quote name='jcp42877']The game can destroy records all it wants, but the graphics suck huge dick.

I've never been a guy to complain much on graphics, as I play on a native 720p HDTV anyways, but this just looks horrid. Enough where I thought it was my TV at first (never thought this before..). I installed the texture package, adjusted video settings, and still..crap. On top off that, my gunfire seems to get lost in the commotion of the game. Call me odd, but in any FPS, I enjoy hearing the thick, resonating sound of my gun, no matter a big sniper rifle, or small pistol. In this game, it's muffled as mess..

It baffles me how each CoD game gets a BIT progressively better graphics wise, then this one just skyrockets down. Treyarch's games have always been my favorite too. Kinds disappointed in this one.

To give the Benefit of the doubt, this is my first new COD release on my PS3 (i bought every other one on 360)..but that's no excuse. As my MW3 copy looked just as good on my PS3 as my 360 copy..[/QUOTE]

That sucks man, I'm loving the game and its amazing 60 FPS gameplay.

[quote name='JohnWayne']That sucks man, I'm loving the game and its amazing 60 FPS gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Just to not confuse people..I'm speaking strictly of the campaign mode. I have yet to touch MP yet.

Maybe SP isn't a big deal to a lot of players, but I've always found the COD stories to be "A+ movie epic", so you can understand how I'm a bit peeved this one is below par tech wise.

I'm sure the MP is awesome, but when I'm trying to engage in a story, it's hard when I can't tell if I'm in need of sleep, or if the levels actually do look that bland and stale.

[quote name='jcp42877']Just to not confuse people..I'm speaking strictly of the campaign mode. I have yet to touch MP yet.

Maybe SP isn't a big deal to a lot of players, but I've always found the COD stories to be "A+ movie epic", so you can understand how I'm a bit peeved this one is below par tech wise.

I'm sure the MP is awesome, but when I'm trying to engage in a story, it's hard when I can't tell if I'm in need of sleep, or if the levels actually do look that bland and stale.[/QUOTE]

If you are playing COD for its engaging SP then you are doing it wrong, check out MGS instead :bouncy:

The TRU website does show Black Ops II with a price of $49.99 once its added to your cart. Shouldn't be a problem with a PM I believe unless you're trying to PM the bundle deal.

[quote name='mpaullin']I was unsuccessful PMing Black Ops. The girl told me that Toys R Us doesn't apply that deal for new releases. I told her it doesn't say that in the ad and to please call them. She did and they said that it indeed doesn't apply for new releases. I don't know if the person she talked to didn't know what they were talking about or if that is actually how it works (I would have definitely fought it if I was at TRU since the ad says ALL games 59.99 and above), but what're you gonna do? Was able to $10 back on Halo 4, so it wasn't a total loss.[/QUOTE]

Seeing a lot of people successfully PMing TRU over the phone. Can I do this if I bought in store?

AC3 just posted. Got 2000+ sitting in my bank. Going to wait until Sunday morning to cash out in hopes I can get a few more points posted to make it 2250. $200 off a new Wii U sounds amazing right now. :D

I've got $150 sitting now.

[quote name='IamPro']If you are playing COD for its engaging SP then you are doing it wrong, check out MGS instead :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

MGS gameplay bores me to tears. The story mode for the last COD's I've played (MW, WAW, MW2, BlOps) have all been pretty good for an action game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='honzoh']I don't think those values, mean what you think they mean.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you think that I know what I'm doing. I've already got $150 in certs just hanging out. 2250 is $45. I put a $5 RZ down on the Wii U.

$150 + $45 + $5 = $200

After those, I'll be paying $149.99 + taxes for my Wii U instead of $349.99 + taxes for my Wii U.

Or....

You could just realize that not everybody's a raving lunatic and that sometimes you don't know all the information. Don't need to be running head first into a flame war when you're half cocked now.

[quote name='advanced']I don't think you think that I know what I'm doing. I've already got $150 in certs just hanging out. 2250 is $45. I put a $5 RZ down on the Wii U.

$150 + $45 + $5 = $200

After those, I'll be paying $149.99 + taxes for my Wii U instead of $349.99 + taxes for my Wii U.[/QUOTE]

You must have majored in advanced quantum mathematics.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Wanna be like that? How about next time adding something to the thread about deals rather than an asinine recanting of your account balance? While I'm sure we're all your best friends and this is your social outlet, let's keep that sad act in another part of these forums.[/QUOTE]

I believe we started off on the wrong foot. Lets go back. Can we?

As you requested, my original post does in fact add something to the thread.

[quote name='advanced']AC3 just posted.[/QUOTE]

I purchased AC3 day one. It just posted. I'm letting people know so they can also see if it did. The same way other people do it for this deal and other deals.

Cool?

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']You must have majored in advanced quantum mathematics.[/QUOTE]

No, but I didn't have to count on my fingers and toes to do all that hard math either. :)

[quote name='jcp42877']The game can destroy records all it wants, but the graphics suck huge dick.

To give the Benefit of the doubt, this is my first new COD release on my PS3 (i bought every other one on 360)..but that's no excuse. As my MW3 copy looked just as good on my PS3 as my 360 copy..[/QUOTE]
As much as I hate to say it your problem is you're playing on ps3. They always screw over the ps3 guys so I stick to 360 for COD games. It's unfortunate.

Toys r Us always works. Worked for Halo 4. That chick was stupid to not do it.

On another note, my black ops 2 won't download to my Xbox. 45% and says can't read. Theres no scratches at all. Perfect condition. Possible to exchange for a new copy? And price match at same time.

[quote name='halofreak64']Does anyone know if I preorder the 360 version but pickup the ps3 one if I will still get the 20$[/QUOTE]

Enuf said something about this a while back. If I remember right, he said you had to buy the 360 one and then try to get an exchange for the PS3 one or something of the sort. You could try messaging him, or maybe he'll see this.

[quote name='advanced']Yeah, you should be able to. If it does it with the second copy, it might be your Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Cool.

Don't think its my Xbox though. Everything else works.

This thread is slightly more active than the Sunday Ad one, and no one seems to be responding to my question in that thread, so I'll repost it here:

I'm considering finally upgrading to a 3DS XL with BBY's $20 off deal, but I have a number of options in how I could go about paying for it (note: I have more than $50 worth of RZ points I was planning on saving for BF and future purchases):

1) Pay the full $179.99 plus tax using my Pitch-In Card (which has more than enough to cover the cost).

2) Use a $50 RZ certificate to bring the cost down to $129.99 plus tax and pay that using my Pitch-In Card.

3) Use the 3x RZ points coupon I got as a Premier Silver member (which expires Sunday) and pay for the full $179.99 plus tax using my check card to get 180x3 = 540 RZ points = $10 in RZ certificates plus 40 points (since I wouldn't get RZ points if I used my Pitch-In Card).

4) Same as (3), but use a $50 RZ certificate to lower the cost to $129.99 plus tax and get 130x3 = 390 RZ points = $5 RZ certificate plus 140 points, again paying with my check card.

Any thoughts as to which sounds like the best option? Thanks in advance. :)

Received a $50 cert this morning for blops2 and halo 4! I pre ordered them both 15 days ago and i'm a silver member. Black friday here I come!

Just logged in to my RZ page and I noticed that my receipt for Black Ops 2 isn't there... yet (the usual "pending", etc.)

Anybody else noticed this, or is it just my account?

[quote name='Vigilante']This thread is slightly more active than the Sunday Ad one, and no one seems to be responding to my question in that thread, so I'll repost it here:

I'm considering finally upgrading to a 3DS XL with BBY's $20 off deal, but I have a number of options in how I could go about paying for it (note: I have more than $50 worth of RZ points I was planning on saving for BF and future purchases):

1) Pay the full $179.99 plus tax using my Pitch-In Card (which has more than enough to cover the cost).

2) Use a $50 RZ certificate to bring the cost down to $129.99 plus tax and pay that using my Pitch-In Card.

3) Use the 3x RZ points coupon I got as a Premier Silver member (which expires Sunday) and pay for the full $179.99 plus tax using my check card to get 180x3 = 540 RZ points = $10 in RZ certificates plus 40 points (since I wouldn't get RZ points if I used my Pitch-In Card).

4) Same as (3), but use a $50 RZ certificate to lower the cost to $129.99 plus tax and get 130x3 = 390 RZ points = $5 RZ certificate plus 140 points, again paying with my check card.

Any thoughts as to which sounds like the best option? Thanks in advance. :)[/QUOTE]
i would go with option 1 and 2, because it seems like through those options you are really paying actual cash, but instead with bby credit. With the other options the rz certificate you get is just a minimal of $10 at most.

[quote name='newtype06']Just logged in to my RZ page and I noticed that my receipt for Black Ops 2 isn't there... yet (the usual "pending", etc.)

Anybody else noticed this, or is it just my account?[/QUOTE]
Me too. Recently it's been taking a few days for my transactions to show up.

[quote name='coopscohen']The TRU website does show Black Ops II with a price of $49.99 once its added to your cart. Shouldn't be a problem with a PM I believe unless you're trying to PM the bundle deal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on that, went over and pm'ed and got $10.86 back.

Note to self, never pre-order online again... too much hassle (and cell mins) to tell mid-age ppl to actually just look at the weekly flyer

Thanks to the TRU ad, I got $10 off when I picked up CoD yesterday. I also brought in my Halo 4 receipt from a week ago and got $10 back. If only Dishonored had come out a little later, I could have price matched that one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back