Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
i PMd to Gamestop today and got $20 refunded, which was strange because I already had $10 refunded. So, after RZC paid $10 for a game I sold for $50.

Also PM'd Dishonored, AC3, CODBO2, and Halo4 to TRU today for $10 each

Tried to PM TRU today but got a stupid CS agent who was just looking for crap to deny my PM and try to make crap up, at first she told me Best Buy does not Price match TRU and I told her it is a local retail competitor. Then she looked up the ad online and clicked on it to show it was in-store only, I tried to tell her it was online too but she would not budge even though I was telling her I should get it in store either way. Then I asked for her supervisor and she played dumb and said one was not available then asked for my number so one can call me back even though I had told her my number and she had my info at the beginning. That does not include getting transferred three times to the wrong people because of them being incompetent.

[quote name='Poor2More']I might go and try, but Bestbuy here are fairly clueless.[/QUOTE]

Best thing to do from now on is order online for in store pickup. Any PMs you do you go thru the CC over the phone. Very easy to PM from them.

[quote name='shady520']Tried to PM TRU today but got a stupid CS agent who was just looking for crap to deny my PM and try to make crap up, at first she told me Best Buy does not Price match TRU and I told her it is a local retail competitor. Then she looked up the ad online and clicked on it to show it was in-store only, I tried to tell her it was online too but she would not budge even though I was telling her I should get it in store either way. Then I asked for her supervisor and she played dumb and said one was not available then asked for my number so one can call me back even though I had told her my number and she had my info at the beginning. That does not include getting transferred three times to the wrong people because of them being incompetent.[/QUOTE]

Any time you get a bad one just abort mission and call back. Not worth the waste of time trying to bend them to your will. I spent an hour with one last week because of a shipping error n i still had to call back. Got a good one and he fixed everything in 10 mins.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donut2922']I'm really looking forward to playing my Zombies tonight. That's all I play for on Call of Duty. What used to be a niche market has become a humongous fanbase. I've been playing ever since World at War came out. I thought it was so awesome how the original zombie map was an unlocked map only after having beaten the campaign.[/QUOTE]

They added a zombie campaign-ish mode!!! It's called tranzit. It's basically zombie with slight find parts and put in certain spots to advance. But you ride the bus to multiple different areas. It adds just small enough of a twist to be fun.

Also if you co-op they made an awesome 2v2 head to head survival match. It's a blast because, while you can't actually hurt the other group, you can set zombie bait by them, build barriers and overall grief them. Is so much fun to sabotage your friends.

Also the game has a much needed revamp. The 10 pool is cool and allows for true customization of classes. There's still some weapon balancing that is needed, but in an FPS when is there not.

They fixed some online things like

sticky assist not always sticking to center body mass (makes quick scoping much harder). An option to take sticky assist off completely (Awesome!).

They made league play which is a ladder system so you are matched with like skilled players.

They switched the streaks and made them pouts instead of skills. 100 Pts for kill. 50 for original cap, 200 for middle cap or capping an enemy flag. 200 (i think, or maybe 300) for plant. 125-150 for defense or offense kills on objectives. Etc etc. 300 for UAV. So you can see where it promotes people actually playing objectives instead of camp killing.

Oh and footsteps don't sound like elephants making sound wh0ring gone or at least not that great.

They did massively mess up 2 things:

Most guns have little to no recoil at all. MW3 was far better in this area. I think I understand their reasoning with this as MW3 had 60% of people using 1 of 3 weapons because they had little to no recoil. But it just make things so bland and unrealistic.

Second they massively messed up the knife system. I have and have seen many people whiff on a knife attack while standing behind an enemy less then a couple inches away. You'll notice this the most in zombie mode when conserving ammo. At least it's consistent in that there are no 10 foot knife "lunges" that happen like in MW3.

So I went to the store yesterday to add my $35 RZ cert. to black ops after it wouldn't scan at midnight because my ink running low and on the top of the receipt that I got it says "LOYALTY ADJUSTMENT". Do you guys know if this will void my $20 RZ cert. I'm supposed to get?

Same situation here, I pre-ordered on November 11.

I'm waiting for the purchase to show up before opening the game.

[quote name='newtype06']Just logged in to my RZ page and I noticed that my receipt for Black Ops 2 isn't there... yet (the usual "pending", etc.)

Anybody else noticed this, or is it just my account?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JohnWayne']So I went to the store yesterday to add my $35 RZ cert. to black ops after it wouldn't scan at midnight because my ink running low and on the top of the receipt that I got it says "LOYALTY ADJUSTMENT". Do you guys know if this will void my $20 RZ cert. I'm supposed to get?[/QUOTE]

imo you should have just used the cert on something else to avoid all of the trouble

I was able to PM TRU for Halo 4 and BO2 @ BB in Anaheim (Orangefair Mall). I brought the physical TRU ad with me so that may have helped my case. The CSR didn't bother to either check the online TRU price nor call them.

[quote name='kellte2']Success on PM'ing TRU (over the phone) on a Hardened Edition copy of BO2 for xbox360.[/QUOTE]

That's amazing. Figured the stock would be out.

Interesting call. Apparently, I got a rep whom I've talked to recently. She said she didn't do anything money-wise (called the silver membership phone number). She reminded me that they're only able to give out points so she matched points for TRU's COD and GS's RE6, $10/$20 respectively. I reminded her of taxes and she just rounded it up to 2000pts/$40 and she didn't even check online like I've had them do in the past. So I neted another $7 in points. Thanked her profusely of course.

This is not typical (the extra points) but I have had no problems PMing in conjunction with any preorders. There's just been various ways (points, refunds, GC issuance) depending on the rep and a little variance on how long it takes for them to verify the PM.

[quote name='stoned99']Why they had to call GS to confirm the RE6 price I'll never know. It's in B/W on the website in all it's glory.[/QUOTE]

Because in store prices can vary from online prices. Also they have to confirm stock because if they are sold out then they can deny the PM.

Also GS isn't in the official website price match list so they just can't take the website price.

[quote name='bob330i']Interesting call. Apparently, I got a rep whom I've talked to recently. She said she didn't do anything money-wise (called the silver membership phone number). She reminded me that they're only able to give out points so she matched points for TRU's COD and GS's RE6, $10/$20 respectively. I reminded her of taxes and she just rounded it up to 2000pts/$40 and she didn't even check online like I've had them do in the past. So I neted another $7 in points. Thanked her profusely of course.

This is not typical (the extra points) but I have had no problems PMing in conjunction with any preorders. There's just been various ways (points, refunds, GC issuance) depending on the rep and a little variance on how long it takes for them to verify the PM.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy the games with an RZ cert? Thats the only time I've ever gotten RZ points for a return myself.

[quote name='advanced']Did you buy the games with an RZ cert? Thats the only time I've ever gotten RZ points for a return myself.[/QUOTE]

Yep, $5 holiday cert for COD and $20 cert from Madden 13 preorder for RE6.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']That's amazing. Figured the stock would be out.[/QUOTE]

Yea, about that stock check. My rep didn't check the stock at my local TRU.

[quote name='kellte2']Yea, about that stock check. My rep didn't check the stock at my local TRU.[/QUOTE]

Not that I have been denied a PM over the phone yet, but every rep has always put me on hold to call and confirm stock/price. Wish I could get the people some of you talk to.

So we have till next year to PM right? If so I'll just wait till the price drops more.

My preorder hasn't posted yet, but it usually takes a couple of days.

Gameplay wise I see improvement over prior COD. Servers are garbage though and hopefully patch comes soon.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']So we have till next year to PM right? If so I'll just wait till the price drops more.

My preorder hasn't posted yet, but it usually takes a couple of days.

Gameplay wise I see improvement over prior COD. Servers are garbage though and hopefully patch comes soon.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Any purchase made from now until December 24th has extended return till January 24th

such a hassle to PM bestbuy.com pre-order. I think from now on I will be pre-ordering in store. Since the ppl on the phone have no idea on price match. now I have 2 open case to pm 3 games which is goin to take 7 - 10 days.

For call of duty black ops 2, was there any pre-order bonus?

I didn't get anything, wanted to check if there were any pre-order items dlc that i was suppose to get.

thanks

Finally got points pending for assassins creed 3 after I reported my missing points!!! Looks like I don't have to buy it on Black Friday and return my original now!!! I hope all my $20 rewards certificate are good at the same time so I can use them on something really good like ps 3d display or another 32" tv for the back room. I think they will be because there just from assassn's creed 3, halo, and call of duty they all came out on back to back to back weeks so c'mon $120 tv!!!

Black ops 2 HE just posted up as pending, 1000 points should be showing up sometime tomorrow :D. Picked up game at midnight

[quote name='coopscohen']Price matched TRU for Black Ops II. Seamless transaction as the $49.99 price appears on the website.[/QUOTE]

Can you do multiple PMs? Say you PM now and then it drops somewhere to $39.99 can you then call again and PM again?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Can you do multiple PMs? Say you PM now and then it drops somewhere to $39.99 can you then call again and PM again?[/QUOTE]

Yep. PMed Kmart for AC III for $49.99 then when TRU had there doorbuster for $47.99, I PMed again.

[quote name='coopscohen']Yep. PMed Kmart for AC III for $49.99 then when TRU had there doorbuster for $47.99, I PMed again.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, cool. Thanks for the info. Will try calling tomorrow to see if they will PM. I think I read people said you can call in and get a PM.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmmm, cool. Thanks for the info. Will try calling tomorrow to see if they will PM. I think I read people said you can call in and get a PM.[/QUOTE]

If you ordered online for in store pick up or shipping you can call, but if you bought it instore you need to go to the store to pm.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmmm, cool. Thanks for the info. Will try calling tomorrow to see if they will PM. I think I read people said you can call in and get a PM.[/QUOTE]

If you ordered online you have to call otherwise in store has to be PM at Best Buy.

Hmm, went to pick up my Blops2 tonight, forgot to give him my card but I did have to confirm my info on the screen.

My receipt doesn't show my RZ so I went to add it online and it says its already there, I also have 1124 pending points.

So either m Blops purchase already went through somehow, or something went wonky, will have to see otherwise ill need to call to get my $20

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Hmm, went to pick up my Blops2 tonight, forgot to give him my card but I did have to confirm my info on the screen.

My receipt doesn't show my RZ so I went to add it online and it says its already there, I also have 1124 pending points.

So either m Blops purchase already went through somehow, or something went wonky, will have to see otherwise ill need to call to get my $20[/QUOTE]

Give it a few days. Takes a few days to show up sometimes.

My Black Ops II purchase shows up on myrewardzone but it doesn't show the "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus" under the info like my previous Borderlands 2, Halo 4, and AC III purchases. Was just wondering if that info should be in there like the other games or is it not showing up because of Activision not wanting to advertise the promo?

[quote name='ksuwild25']My Black Ops II purchase shows up on myrewardzone but it doesn't show the "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus" under the info like my previous Borderlands 2, Halo 4, and AC III purchases. Was just wondering if that info should be in there like the other games or is it not showing up because of Activision not wanting to advertise the promo?[/QUOTE]

It'll be there. The transaction shows way ahead of the Pre Order bonus. This is how all of mine have been.

Well I tried to PM TRU and they denied me. The rep was nice and all, but still disappointed. Told me since it was advertised as a promo rather than a definite price, she couldn't authorize a price match. Man, that was $40 worth of credit back if they'd do it.

My Blops 2 points are pending...ALL 18 of them

Damnit to hell @ not having the 1000 points for preordering pending. Totally KNEW this would happen even though the OP said it was part of promotion

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']My Blops 2 points are pending...ALL 18 of them

Damnit to hell @ not having the 1000 points for preordering pending. Totally KNEW this would happen even though the OP said it was part of promotion[/QUOTE]

It will take time to show the preorder promotion, unless you ordered in store and someone rang it up wrong. They are not supposed to be available for 30 days anyways so just wait a couple of weeks and if they still don't show contact CS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back