Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously....people need to stop freaking out over this promo and not receiving (or even seeing as pending) your points as soon as you purchase the game.

In my experience, transactions usually take anywhere from 2-3 days before they actually show up as pending in my account, and with this promotion specifically it takes another 1-2 days for the 1000 bonus points to show up as well as pending under the same transaction.

Have some patience, and if you don't see your points/purchase pending after several days, then by all means freak out.

If anyone should be freaking out it should be me. They returned the preorder and rang up the game full price. But, it'll take a few days to show up. Black Ops 2 is a part of the promotion. Activision won't let retailers advertise day one deals on these games, it'll show up they just had to take down advertisement for the deal.

My 1000 points is pending for Black Ops 2. They werent until Tuesday. I think once a pre-order item ships, it goes through to pending.

[quote name='dan77733']My 1000 points is pending for Black Ops 2. They werent until Tuesday. I think once a pre-order item ships, it goes through to pending.[/QUOTE]

So they weren't pending until you purchased the item on its release date... Hmm...

1000 points pending usually takes a week. RE6 Anthology edition took a little bit longer.

Would have been nice to use $20 rz cert for Black Friday, but probably not till next month.

Hmmm, my purchase isn't even shown up yet on my account. Weird. I don't usually keep track of this, but when do purchases usually start showing up on the reward zone site?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmmm, my purchase isn't even shown up yet on my account. Weird. I don't usually keep track of this, but when do purchases usually start showing up on the reward zone site?[/QUOTE]

Usually couple days. Give it till Tuesday before it becomes an issue.

Did you preorder online or in store?

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Usually couple days. Give it till Tuesday before it becomes an issue.

Did you preorder online or in store?[/QUOTE]

I did it in store.

It's weird. On my original pre-order receipt it shows my reward zone card as scanned. On the exchange receipt they do when you pick up your pre order, it does not show my reward zone card scanned. But I gave him my card and it shows the two reward zone certificates I redeemed to help pay for the game.

I hope he didn't forget to scan my card. Now I might have to call customer service about it.

Double Edit:
CSR told me the transaction was there just would take a while to show up.

So everything seems sets.

Thanks for all the help guys. First time doing a pre order and I'm sure you regs get these same questions and concerns every page :)

Hi - so I pre-ordered Black Ops 2 on November 11, today in my RZ account, I see a transaction with pending points except I don't see the 1000 points listed.

This is what I see:

REWARD ZONE CARD 1 5880889 $0.00 $0.00
X360-CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS I 1 5119975 $XX.XX $XX.XX

Total Points Earned with this transaction
Purchases
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo

My question is I don't see the Gamers Unlocked Pre-order bonus, should I contact BB? Or will it appear later?

[quote name='joogle']Hi - so I pre-ordered Black Ops 2 on November 11, today in my RZ account, I see a transaction with pending points except I don't see the 1000 points listed.

This is what I see:

REWARD ZONE CARD 1 5880889 $0.00 $0.00
X360-CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS I 1 5119975 $XX.XX $XX.XX

Total Points Earned with this transaction
Purchases
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo

My question is I don't see the Gamers Unlocked Pre-order bonus, should I contact BB? Or will it appear later?[/QUOTE]

It should appear later and then be pending for about a month is what I was told when I called.

Well I did a pre-order online (the bundle) for in store pick up on Monday. The transaction is there but no bonus yet. No worries though. What I am a little concerned with is the Price Matches I did.

They all say price match on the receipt but each transaction is now on my RZ site as a new purchase and it is giving me points for each one. I am hoping it is just some glitch in their processing and I won't be losing 3000 points in the next week. Oh that would suck. If not then I got an extra 215 points for the new entries.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I did a pre-order online (the bundle) for in store pick up on Monday. The transaction is there but no bonus yet. No worries though. What I am a little concerned with is the Price Matches I did.

They all say price match on the receipt but each transaction is now on my RZ site as a new purchase and it is giving me points for each one. I am hoping it is just some glitch in their processing and I won't be losing 3000 points in the next week. Oh that would suck. If not then I got an extra 215 points for the new entries.[/QUOTE]

My price matched games show up like that also and so far I have not lost the $20.00 pre-order bonuses.

[quote name='ajh2298']My price matched games show up like that also and so far I have lost the $20.00 pre-order bonuses.[/QUOTE]

You HAVE lost it?

I called I don't think the lady had any idea, she said my points will have to post first on the purchase of the item and then the 1000 points will post.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It should appear later and then be pending for about a month is what I was told when I called.[/QUOTE]

Black Ops 2 showed up in my purchase history late today. The 1000 points haven't posted yet but it clearly shows the $5 pre-order as part of the purchase so I'm not worried.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Black Ops 2 showed up in my purchase history late today. The 1000 points haven't posted yet but it clearly shows the $5 pre-order as part of the purchase so I'm not worried.[/QUOTE]

Mine was like that yesterday, All my points are pending now though :D

[quote name='ajh2298']Sorry no i have not lost them had a typing error on my original reply.[/QUOTE]

Cool that is what I thought you were trying to say based on the rest of the sentence but I just wanted to be sure. :D

I haven't been on CAG since 11-2 and spent over 3 hours trying to catch up... Could someone let me know if there currently any pm opportunities for Dishonored or Borderlands 2 ? TIA (and no I wasn't banned. I moved and I don't have internet service yet ;))

[quote name='slowdive21']I haven't been on CAG since 11-2 and spent over 3 hours trying to catch up... Could someone let me know if there currently any pm opportunities for Dishonored or Borderlands 2 ? TIA (and no I wasn't banned. I moved and I don't have internet service yet ;))[/QUOTE]

Tru $10 off any game $59.99 and up or $30 off if you buy two (easier to get a pm on the first one though)

[quote name='sninh']Tru $10 off any game $59.99 and up or $30 off if you buy two (easier to get a pm on the first one though)[/QUOTE]

Cool thank you!

[quote name='sninh']Tru $10 off any game $59.99 and up or $30 off if you buy two (easier to get a pm on the first one though)[/QUOTE]

I just got the 2 for $30 pm for Borderlands and Blops with no trouble. $25 plus tax per game is better than Black Friday.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Little off topic, but has anybody received their $5 RWZ cert for signing up for shutterfly?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well...it said a code would be emailed about 7 days after the sign up, but I still don't see anything.

Weird question, but I have a 20 dollar RZ GC that expires on 2/2/13. Am I able to put that towards GTA V or another game that comes out after 2/2 if I preorder before 2/2? I didn't think I would be able to but wanted to ask.

[quote name='Kuroknight27']If I pre order on bestbuy.com with standard shipping how long does it usually take to get it after release date?[/QUOTE]
Took about 2 days for me to get Dishonored when I ordered it on the day before release.

[quote name='Ashtaar']Finally got my RZ certs looks like Far Cry 3 will be pretty much free[/QUOTE]

If you can leave some room for a price match. I know they can refund the cert but it sometimes is a pain. I am going to use $30 in certs so that my price match should not be an issue. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for that was going to pay $55 with RZ certs. Will just pay $20 with them so I won't have a problem when I PM. Think it'll still be a pain if I order online when it comes to a PM paid with mostly certs?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']....

So they weren't pending until you purchased the item on its release date... Hmm...[/QUOTE]

I didnt purchase the item on release day. The double points were listed as pending for the game a day or two after I pre-ordered Black Ops 2 which was over a week ago but the 1000 points you get for pre-ordering didnt get listed as pending until Tuesday after the game was shipped.

I have the all the points pending for AC III, Halo 4 and BO II. Just have to wait for them to eventually be added.

[quote name='jdwyer2009']Weird question, but I have a 20 dollar RZ GC that expires on 2/2/13. Am I able to put that towards GTA V or another game that comes out after 2/2 if I preorder before 2/2? I didn't think I would be able to but wanted to ask.[/QUOTE]

for the remaining titles released this year, you are only able to put $5 down. However, beginning with titles released in 2013, you are able to put up to the full amount down when you pre-order them.

black ops 2 hardened I picked up on launch has 0 pending points since I used certs and gift cards, but the 1000 victory points should be there. will have to call customer service on that one tomorrow.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']black ops 2 hardened I picked up on launch has 0 pending points since I used certs and gift cards, but the 1000 victory points should be there. will have to call customer service on that one tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

No, give it a few days for the promo to show up like it always does after the initial posting of the game.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']black ops 2 hardened I picked up on launch has 0 pending points since I used certs and gift cards, but the 1000 victory points should be there. will have to call customer service on that one tomorrow.[/QUOTE]:roll: *sigh* Don't be so hasty. Give it another couple of days to appear before calling CS--it takes a bit longer for the 1000 points to show up.

Grrr. 30 minutes on the phone with someone who was obviously pretty new trying to get my $10 price match for COD. Said she had to call a local TRU to make sure it was in stock (it's only the biggest game of the year lady!). Put me on hold to call...and disconnected after 5 minutes. Grrr! All my other price matches took 10-15 mins and were much easier.

I went the other day and i saw on the screen it had the option to put down more than just the 5 dollars so some stores might be able to put it down now

Rep at my store told me once all preorders for this year end that they would then be able to take up to the full amount but whatever you put down is it until the release date no putting $5-10 down every week til it's paid off ala gamestop

[quote name='murph17']Grrr. 30 minutes on the phone with someone who was obviously pretty new trying to get my $10 price match for COD. Said she had to call a local TRU to make sure it was in stock (it's only the biggest game of the year lady!). Put me on hold to call...and disconnected after 5 minutes. Grrr! All my other price matches took 10-15 mins and were much easier.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly reason I pre-order in-store now. It's much easier to price match in-store if you are close to a Best Buy and you avoid the disconnect on the phone..

[quote name='Vigilante']I have the CoD: BO2 1000 points pending, though they're currently invisible...

Oh well, at least they're pending. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that you picked it up on Tuesday. I picked mine up on Wednesday and the purchase has showed up but there's no mention of the 1000 points. I'm just a tad bit worried (not much), because I had the guy price match TRU when I picked it up. Hopefully it will show up over the weekend.

OT: Does anyone know if Best Buy still does the automatic Silver Rewards when you buy a cell phone? I got in on a Galaxy S3 a couple weeks back and there's no more mention of it anywhere.

[quote name='azngtlman']I'm assuming that you picked it up on Tuesday. I picked mine up on Wednesday and the purchase has showed up but there's no mention of the 1000 points. I'm just a tad bit worried (not much), because I had the guy price match TRU when I picked it up. Hopefully it will show up over the weekend.

OT: Does anyone know if Best Buy still does the automatic Silver Rewards when you buy a cell phone? I got in on a Galaxy S3 a couple weeks back and there's no more mention of it anywhere.[/QUOTE]Actually, I also picked it up Wednesday and PMed TRU at the same time, and it's only because my pending point total is 1000 points greater than when I checked last night that I know the 1000 points are incoming. Just keep checking.

[quote name='Vigilante']Actually, I also picked it up Wednesday and PMed TRU at the same time, and it's only because my pending point total is 1000 points greater than when I checked last night that I know the 1000 points are incoming. Just keep checking.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll just keep checking

1000 points showing as posted on my RZ account from my in-store pickup of BO2 Hardened Edition(but are not available to redeem as of time of this post, I'm sure they will be soon). Every other game on the list (yes including Halo 4 and AC3, both were in-store pickup) have had the points posted on my account. This has been a great year for GCU members, and now I'm about to try and get lucky and get a Wii U Sunday with all these RZ points/BB store credit. Not sure when to line up but I'm thinking the earlier the better.

Edit: BO2 Points are now available. Just in time for Wii U :D

Good god, called and got someone who sounded foreign, who called TRU and said the 49.99 price was not good instore, even though the damn website clearly says it is. Then called back and within 5 mins got 3 games all pricematched including 1 thats not even on TRU's website (XCOM). I wonder if I can get my LE Halo price matched next :)

My Black Ops bonus points are pending now as well. Also, it looks like my PM of Borderlands 2 went through fine, I thought since it said exchange on the receipt and not price match it would screw up my account somehow, but I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back