Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it means anything but I went to best buy today to place a couple preorders and noticed South Park wasn't listed as part of this deal anymore in the kiosk.

It didn't have the star next to the boxart like the other qualifying games and when you bring up the page the "victory can be preordered" banner isn't there anymore

But it's still listed on the website so who knows.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Not fair? :lol: I always thought we were lucky that BB even included them. When amazon would run their $20 promos they never included the CE and I thought that sucked.[/QUOTE]I never really paid attention to the AMZ promos didn't know that. But from a customers standpoint if u buy 6 of them that cost $150 each u put out $540 extra which would be enuf to pay off 9 games @ full price. That's one hell of a commitment towards purchases that most likely aren't worth it.
From BB's standpoint the advantage of being the only retailer providing a real incentive to purchase the big ticket editiom & not having to mark the extra copies down 50% to get rid of the space taking items is priceless. Right now I know of 15 GS loaded floor to ceiling with KZ3, Cabela's Gears epic, Duke Nukem, MP3(the $20 deal & $30 w/GTA pre-order moved alot), Batman AC, Tekken Hybrid, Ninja Gaiden & NBA13 that they just can't get rid off. Once they drop the prices they will move but to me it makes more sense to offer large credit on them at full price prior to fire selling them.

I see this is still a huge pain so here's where you can vote to get BB to make some changes in the way DLC is received.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...amp-Steelbox-packaging-recieving/idi-p/650028

I also added getting more steelboxes, better DLC along the lines of characters & exclusive levels.

Getting coupons that can allow us to make our own GC o RZ pt promo for games not on the $20 list can be found here.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...romo-packs-sent-out-available-in/idi-p/650029

If u have suggestions of what perks should be added to the GCU Silver Tier you should post them here since it looks like BB could soon be implimenting this program
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ot-tier-to-the-Gamers-Club/idc-p/642529#M1932

If you like the idea or ideas added by others vote for it by clicking the blue up arrow next to the title under the vote counter.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tk_tymes']Hmmm it seems not everyone enjoyed Crysis 2 as much as I did[/QUOTE]
I enjoyed Crysis 2, just didn't like the lack of after release support Crytek provided the game.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I place all my orders online for instore pickup. Although for some weird reason they didn't have the 360 version of Dead Space 3 available for preorder on the website until just recently.[/QUOTE]
That disabled store pickup is incredibly annoying. I still can't pre-order Metal Gear Rising. I've been checking for weeks now...

I did get Tomb Raider pre-ordered when they finally turned on the store pickup button.

[quote name='GamerDooD']That disabled store pickup is incredibly annoying. I still can't pre-order Metal Gear Rising. I've been checking for weeks now...

I did get Tomb Raider pre-ordered when they finally turned on the store pickup button.[/QUOTE]

on the bby forums the mods said the release dates werent lining up with their system. Whenever somebody would notify them, they would go fix it. just alert them as to which title and it'll get fixed.

They have a flyer out for this promo now, it's missing Dead Space 3 but it still counts. I might just buy as a free rental.

Using certificates to pay for a pre-order won't make you ineligible for the $20 promo, right? I wasn't planning on getting Tomb Raider on release date, but I do have $30 worth of certificates to burn.

[quote name='Krate']Using certificates to pay for a pre-order won't make you ineligible for the $20 promo, right? I wasn't planning on getting Tomb Raider on release date, but I do have $30 worth of certificates to burn.[/QUOTE]No, it won't. You might have trouble price-matching down the line if a game drops in price for more than the value of the certificates you use, but it's highly unlikely that a new release like Tomb Raider would drop more than $20 within 30 days (probably not even within 60 days, for Silver members). Whenever you do price-match something you used certificates on, though, you have to tell the person doing the price-match that you used them so they can adjust the price accordingly.

I'm sure some of you do this already but something you can do to "stretch" the pm window when you preorder in store is wait until the following Sun or Mon to pick up. This give you one more week of sales you cam pm from and you still get your 20 RZ certs.

[quote name='mrclutch']I'm sure some of you do this already but something you can do to "stretch" the pm window when you preorder in store is wait until the following Sun or Mon to pick up. This give you one more week of sales you cam pm from and you still get your 20 RZ certs.[/QUOTE]

BBY is gettin smarter a and probably is catching on. Looks like you're only allow 5 days to pickup the preorder & still qualify for the $20 cert.

So on months that has 31 days, the 30 day pm window will fall on a sat.

[quote name='Enuf']CE/LE's have been a part of all the promos going back to the 5 for $100 deal I don't see it going away. Even the systems bundled w/the games were included(but I think a pm to a BB forums rep was needed for some on that).

I'd actually like to see BB increase the $20 on CE/LE's it's not really fair to a person who's paying more with less of a chance at a pm.[/QUOTE]

Had a chat with BB today and was informed - and I use that term loosely - that unless the CE/LE is listed on the product page, it is not included in the promo.

[quote name='secondhand1']Had a chat with BB today and was informed - and I use that term loosely - that unless the CE/LE is listed on the product page, it is not included in the promo.[/QUOTE]

Im not sure about that because i preordered halo 4 but got the system instead and the just applied the credit to the system and i still got the points. plus got it on Black ops 2 harden edition.

Good news! A Best Buy rep answered the CE/LE question posted here and said that once again, CE/LEs will apply to the promotion. He also said an updated FAQ is in the works.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Good news! A Best Buy rep answered the CE/LE question posted here and said that once again, CE/LEs will apply to the promotion. He also said an updated FAQ is in the works.[/QUOTE]

That's great news. Thanks for posting this.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Good news! A Best Buy rep answered the CE/LE question posted here and said that once again, CE/LEs will apply to the promotion. He also said an updated FAQ is in the works.[/QUOTE]Thanks for posting the confirmation.

Now to consider whether to preorder the CE for GoW: Ascension since it looks quite impressive or, heck, whether to preorder the game at all (I still have the Saga to work through and I've only beaten the first installment)...:whistle2:k

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Good news! A Best Buy rep answered the CE/LE question posted here and said that once again, CE/LEs will apply to the promotion. He also said an updated FAQ is in the works.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Glad to have confirmation.

Also for all you guys that do in store pickups and its disabled (mostly mgr in this case) you can bombard this thread

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Pre-Orders-In-Store-Pickup-Unavailable/m-p/650920#M18054

Although I noticed someone already posted MGR and DS3 being a problem but it hasn't been fixed yet.

[quote name='Metal Militia']I was gonna preorder Gears of War: Judgement, but according to Co-Optimus it doesn't support local coop? Has this been confirmed? The reason why I love Gears so much is because of the local coop. This would totally suck if true.:cry:

http://www.co-optimus.com/search.php?advanced=true&genre=0&gamename=Gears of War: Judgment[/QUOTE]
Fellow local co-op gamer!
Cooptimus says local co-op has not been confirmed, nor has it been denied. But at this point, I think it most likely will not support local (since there is no point in avoiding talking about a feature that will be implemented), it's really disappointing I know.

Why wouldn't it have local co-op though? Gears 3 did, and this is basically just a new campaign built in the same engine, like ODST to Halo 3. It seems like it would be more work to remove a feature that was already implemented.

[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks for posting the confirmation.

Now to consider whether to preorder the CE for GoW: Ascension since it looks quite impressive or, heck, whether to preorder the game at all (I still have the Saga to work through and I've only beaten the first installment)...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
the Gow:Ascension Ce will most likely will be limited/ hard to find, seeing as it is a ps3 exclusive.

[quote name='YBX87']the Gow:Ascension Ce will most likely will be limited/ hard to find, seeing as it is a ps3 exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Right, just like the last one was? Sony produced PS3 CEs have never been hard to find and in fact, last year there were multiple clearances on things like the Uncharted 3 CE even at places like the Sony Store a year after release.

[quote name='bojay1997']Right, just like the last one was? Sony produced PS3 CEs have never been hard to find and in fact, last year there were multiple clearances on things like the Uncharted 3 CE even at places like the Sony Store a year after release.[/QUOTE]
where was the god of war III ce clearance at? and at what price?

[quote name='YBX87']where was the god of war III ce clearance at? and at what price?[/QUOTE]

I know it went to clearance at Target and Gamestop, possibly New Egg as well. It certainly sold better than the other Sony CEs, but none of them have been rare to date.

I just did a quick search and it looks like it hit as low as $25 at Gamestop. So, yes, if you waited it was possible to get one at clearance prices.

[quote name='YBX87']where was the god of war III ce clearance at? and at what price?[/QUOTE]

Somewhere around $30 at GS, I couldn't find one though.

So I noticed that the Limited Edition of Metal Gear didn't apply to the promo. Before ordering it I talked with the customer service (phone call) eventually I got to the premiere silver help desk (yes there is one of those apparently lol) and they just pushed me the $20 reward cert anyway without having to wait for release date.

CS even asked if I wanted to apply it to the preorder before hand, but I denied thinking ill use it on something else.

Side note: I cancelled my reserve on Amazon. If your looking for it for the 360 just keep checking.

Edit: yes I did preorder it anyway, cause I do want it. Also shipping was only $2 for express since I am Silver status. Sweet deal all around.

[quote name='StryderOmega']So I noticed that the Limited Edition of Metal Gear didn't apply to the promo. Before ordering it I talked with the customer service (phone call) eventually I got to the premiere silver help desk (yes there is one of those apparently lol) and they just pushed me the $20 reward cert anyway without having to wait for release date.

CS even asked if I wanted to apply it to the preorder before hand, but I denied thinking ill use it on something else.

[/QUOTE]

WOW, nice! I spoke with a Rep last month and was told that the $20 RZ points didn't apply to any of the 2013 CEs, but just saw the official notice that they do on their forum.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']WOW, nice! I spoke with a Rep last month and was told that the $20 RZ points didn't apply to any of the 2013 CEs, but just saw the official notice that they do on their forum.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I didn't read a couple pages back before I posted or at all before I called. Feel like a douche for calling now, but I am prolly gonna get another $20 cert if what is on the bb forums is true.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']WOW, nice! I spoke with a Rep last month and was told that the $20 RZ points didn't apply to any of the 2013 CEs, but just saw the official notice that they do on their forum.[/QUOTE]

Will this be reflected online, or is this going to be an in-store thing?

[quote name='StryderOmega']So I noticed that the Limited Edition of Metal Gear didn't apply to the promo. Before ordering it I talked with the customer service (phone call) eventually I got to the premiere silver help desk (yes there is one of those apparently lol) and they just pushed me the $20 reward cert anyway without having to wait for release date.

Side note: I cancelled my reserve on Amazon. If your looking for it for the 360 just keep checking.

Edit: yes I did preorder it anyway, cause I do want it. Also shipping was only $2 for express since I am Silver status. Sweet deal all around.[/QUOTE]

Did you pre order online, phone, or through the in store kiosk? Too bad there's no exclusive dlc like Amazon and Gamestop offer.

[quote name='darken']Did you pre order online, phone, or through the in store kiosk? Too bad there's no exclusive dlc like Amazon and Gamestop offer.[/QUOTE]

Online. Can't preorder the Limited Edition in store unfortunately.

Funny story I was actually standing in Best Buy while doing the call cause I noticed you couldn't preorder the LE in store. I picked up a couple cheap beanies and that Nintendo lanyard while I was at it.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Online. Can't preorder the Limited Edition in store unfortunately.

Funny story I was actually standing in Best Buy while doing the call cause I noticed you couldn't preorder the LE in store. I picked up a couple cheap beanies and that Nintendo lanyard while I was at it.[/QUOTE]

I went to pay for God of War CE and it wasn't in the kiosk. I ask the gaming guy and he just look it up in there system and completed the transaction. Have them look it up if you can't find it.

[quote name='darken']Did you pre order online, phone, or through the in store kiosk? Too bad there's no exclusive dlc like Amazon and Gamestop offer.[/QUOTE]
I noticed that the store had those preorder receipts for Rising, and on the receipt it pointed out there will be exclusive DLC from BB... which is a Raiden white skin for multiplayer use.

Not a big deal to me honestly... although the $20 RZ cert is.

Dumb question but, is Tomb Raider a fresh start like DMC or is continuation of the story from the prior games? I wouldn't mind adding it to the ever growing list of games to buy for march.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Dumb question but, is Tomb Raider a fresh start like DMC or is continuation of the story from the prior games? I wouldn't mind adding it to the ever growing list of games to buy for march.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure it's a fresh start, as it shows how Lara becomes the character people know.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm pretty sure it's a fresh start, as it shows how Lara becomes the character people know.[/QUOTE]

alright, count me in. Just saw a 30 sec. that sold me. Now I have that, naruto, bioshock, god of war, and maybe gears depending on reviews. March is going to be expensive as fuck!!:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back