Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question, I pre-ordered Dead Island for the coop since I though some of my buddies were going to get it, now it turns out they wont be getting it. Since I got the steelbook when I ordered it if I want to cancel it do I need to bring that back (or can I even cancel it?), or do I just not pick it up when it comes out and just look at it as a $5 steelbook?

[quote name='MoCiWe']Quick question, I pre-ordered Dead Island for the coop since I though some of my buddies were going to get it, now it turns out they wont be getting it. Since I got the steelbook when I ordered it if I want to cancel it do I need to bring that back (or can I even cancel it?), or do I just not pick it up when it comes out and just look at it as a $5 steelbook?[/QUOTE]

The steelbook is yours, I don't think they'd take it even if you wanted to give it back. It holds no value to them. You can go in and cancel your preorder and get your $5 back.

[quote name='dino88']I don't know how solid this info is, but Family Video has 3/26 as a release date for GTA V.[/QUOTE]

Highly doubt it, with most if not every major rockstar release coming out in May the past couple of years.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Online. Can't preorder the Limited Edition in store unfortunately.

Funny story I was actually standing in Best Buy while doing the call cause I noticed you couldn't preorder the LE in store. I picked up a couple cheap beanies and that Nintendo lanyard while I was at it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I noticed that the store had those preorder receipts for Rising, and on the receipt it pointed out there will be exclusive DLC from BB... which is a Raiden white skin for multiplayer use.

Not a big deal to me honestly... although the $20 RZ cert is.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much guys. Saved me the trouble of going to the store. Moved my pre-order from Amazon to BB

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Does Best Buy still send out birthday coupons? I was hoping to get some triple points.[/QUOTE]

I think I got one last year from there. But I think it's x2. Could be wrong though.

This may or may not be a factor for most of you, but the achievements for Tomb Raider have leaked, and let's just say...if you want to get them all, prepare to invest a lot of time in the multiplayer.

http://stickskills.com/2013/01/18/t...s-leak-require-extensive-time-in-multiplayer/

That article contains no spoilers, FYI.

Now I'm seriously considering getting the :ps3: version just so I could maybe try for at least some of the online trophies, 360-timed-exclusive DLC or not.

[quote name='Youngnoble']The steelbook is yours, I don't think they'd take it even if you wanted to give it back. It holds no value to them. You can go in and cancel your preorder and get your $5 back.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for the heads up. Just wanted to make sure since I will most likely cancel the preorder.

I'm going today to sign up for the reward program today and have two questions

1. Do points expire?
2. Also do you get the 1000 points plus the double points for purchase?

Would've bought Ni No Kuni from them if they had a pre-order bonus. To Amazon my purchase goes.

[quote name='x inFAMOUS x']I'm going today to sign up for the reward program today and have two questions

1. Do points expire?
2. Also do you get the 1000 points plus the double points for purchase?[/QUOTE]

1. Yes, unless you're silver. Points get reset in Jan/Feb.
2. Yes. They don't double the 1000 obviously, but you'd get double the purchase price worth of points'

[quote name='Deader2818']Points don't reset if you are silver, have a credit card with best buy, or have a gamer unlocked membership.[/QUOTE]

Well that's nice to know because I was Silver, have a credit card, and am about to go Gamer Unlocked.

[quote name='Deader2818']Points don't reset if you are silver, have a credit card with best buy, or have a gamer unlocked membership.[/QUOTE]

oh i didnt no that about gamer unlocked, i thought all points got dropped after 6 months from their purchase date

Has anyone else had issues renewing their Gamer magazine subscription (Gamer Unlocked) at Best Buy?

My subscription runs out on Feb 12th, and the magazine itself did not have any type of renewal card or anything that I could find. So I went to my Best Buy store and asked them to renew my subscription and to preorder several of these games in this deal. It would come up and ask if I wanted to renew, but when they answer "Yes" it would automatically put it as a digital subscription. I have had the physical copy for this last year and would like to stick with it so did not want to go digital. So they had to do a new subscription for me as a physical copy (without renewing).

I am hoping this will not screw up my preorders for this deal or cause me to miss an issue. Seems like a poor way to have to renew a subscription. Is there a better way than this that anyone is aware of?

Thanks,
tcooley2003

Well I became an unlocked member and pre-ordered :Tomb Raider collectors ed, Bioshock premium edition, The Last of Us, and Dead Space 3. Took a while since you can't manually pre-order the collector's ed of those games, had to ask a best buy member to do it for me.

Yeah, my subscription expires in March so I will have to renew soon as well. Any recommendations on what's the best way to renew?

So I just logged in to my BBRZ account to make sure my Facebook poll points went through and my reward points were somehow went from 294 to 1098 for no reason. I cashed out a $20 certificate but I'm not going to use it for at least a week to make sure it sticks. WTF?

[quote name='tcooley2003']Has anyone else had issues renewing their Gamer magazine subscription (Gamer Unlocked) at Best Buy?

My subscription runs out on Feb 12th, and the magazine itself did not have any type of renewal card or anything that I could find. So I went to my Best Buy store and asked them to renew my subscription and to preorder several of these games in this deal. It would come up and ask if I wanted to renew, but when they answer "Yes" it would automatically put it as a digital subscription. I have had the physical copy for this last year and would like to stick with it so did not want to go digital. So they had to do a new subscription for me as a physical copy (without renewing).

I am hoping this will not screw up my preorders for this deal or cause me to miss an issue. Seems like a poor way to have to renew a subscription. Is there a better way than this that anyone is aware of?

Thanks,
tcooley2003[/QUOTE]

You could've just switched to physical copies from your account at the gamer magazine website. I was given the digital version when I renewed last year and I just switched it over from there and I had no problems getting my mags in.

[quote name='tcooley2003']Has anyone else had issues renewing their Gamer magazine subscription (Gamer Unlocked) at Best Buy?

Thanks,
tcooley2003[/QUOTE]
If they started a new subscription for you, make sure they didn't give you a new RZ account with the new unlocked membership attached to it . You can only be unlocked on 1 RZ account at a time.

[quote name='nintendofan9999']Well I became an unlocked member and pre-ordered :Tomb Raider collectors ed, Bioshock premium edition, The Last of Us, and Dead Space 3. Took a while since you can't manually pre-order the collector's ed of those games, had to ask a best buy member to do it for me.[/QUOTE]
You can't pre-order SEs/CEs by yourself from the touchscreen area anymore since Best Buy will no longer carry them in-store. The store employee most likely made a ship-to-store order for you on the computer via online.

part1358660916065.jpg

part1358660915392.jpg

Best Buy will be getting the white skinned raiden for Metal Gear Rising.

You can't pre-order SEs/CEs by yourself from the touchscreen area anymore since Best Buy will no longer carry them in-store. The store employee most likely made a ship-to-store order for you on the computer via online.

Htz, do you know why they are no longer carrying them in store?

[quote name='YBX87']Htz, do you know why they are no longer carrying them in store?[/QUOTE]
It's kind of obvious, to save shelf space and not having to clearance them out. Good way for Best Buy to save some money but bad for us CAGs that want to pick them up cheap later on.

[quote name='htz']It's kind of obvious, to save shelf space and not having to clearance them out. Good way for Best Buy to save some money but bad for us CAGs that want to pick them up cheap later on.[/QUOTE]

What is your source for this? You can still preorder Tomb Raider CE, God of War CE and Dead Island Rigor Edition for store pickup as of right now. MGS is the only CE I am aware of so far that is only preorder only. Songbird edition was available for store pickup but sold out. So did Aliens Colonial CE. So, where are you getting this from?

[quote name='bojay1997']What is your source for this? You can still preorder Tomb Raider CE, God of War CE and Dead Island Rigor Edition for store pickup as of right now. MGS is the only CE I am aware of so far that is only preorder only. Songbird edition was available for store pickup but sold out. So did Aliens Colonial CE. So, where are you getting this from?[/QUOTE]
You mis-read what I wrote. You just can't purchase them in-store or pre-order them in-store. Buying online for in-store pickup is fine.

Does anyone know if Best Buy will have pre-orders for the Battle Edition of Injustice? I was thinking of putting my $20 RZ Cert towards that after getting Tomb Raider and Metal Gear.

Only game I think I will buy day one from this list is GTA 5. I want to play other stuff like DS3, MGR, and The Last of Us but I don't feel like paying full price.

[quote name='MissRiot0721']Does anyone know if Best Buy will have pre-orders for the Battle Edition of Injustice? I was thinking of putting my $20 RZ Cert towards that after getting Tomb Raider and Metal Gear.[/QUOTE]

My understanding of it is that it's a GS exclusive.

[quote name='legendarydogs']Only game I think I will buy day one from this list is GTA 5. I want to play other stuff like DS3, MGR, and The Last of Us but I don't feel like paying full price.[/QUOTE]

But getting those 20$ reward zone certificates, wouldn't that make those games deals nonetheless?

[quote name='nintendofan9999']But getting those 20$ reward zone certificates, wouldn't that make those games deals nonetheless?[/QUOTE]

Plus 30/60 day price matching

[quote name='MissRiot0721']Does anyone know if Best Buy will have pre-orders for the Battle Edition of Injustice? I was thinking of putting my $20 RZ Cert towards that after getting Tomb Raider and Metal Gear.[/QUOTE]
Battle Edition for Injustice is exclusive to GameStop.
[quote name='Dund3r']So I'll just ask one more time: how do you renew your @Gamer subscription? In-store only?[/QUOTE]
Yes, in-store only.

[quote name='nintendofan9999']But getting those 20$ reward zone certificates, wouldn't that make those games deals nonetheless?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mako1215']Plus 30/60 day price matching[/QUOTE]

Yes. Some people see this as simply getting $20 back from buying a game. I see it as usually getting to play the game at release for free after $20 back / trade-in / pricematch. And sometimes I even get paid to play them. ;)

So for those who are pre ordering GOW Ascesion, are you guys going for the standard or collector's edition? Is the Collectors worth it if I'm not really into figures?

[quote name='209chromatic']Do you still get a physical card once you reach premier silver?[/QUOTE]

Yup they send you one in the mail.

I remember reading on here awhile back that you aren't able to preorder using reward zone certificates. Is this only the case if you are paying only with reward zone certificates? Like I plan on going in tomorrow and preordering 6 games. Can I use a $5 reward zone certificate and a $25 visa gift card I have?

Can anyone confirm that Collector's Editions will work as well? I decided I'd go with the Tomb Raider collector's edition, but it doesn't say that this applies. Will this get corrected?

[quote name='erdmanski1341']Can anyone confirm that Collector's Editions will work as well? I decided I'd go with the Tomb Raider collector's edition, but it doesn't say that this applies. Will this get corrected?[/QUOTE]

Yes - Collector's Editions will work!!!

[quote name='htz']You mis-read what I wrote. You just can't purchase them in-store or pre-order them in-store. Buying online for in-store pickup is fine.[/QUOTE]

You can still do preorders of CE/SE's in-store as long as there are enough copies allocated to cover the demand. Metal Gear was one that was an online only preorder but just about every other CE/SE is still available through the touchscreen in the store. Just go on there and search for it. If it isn't on there, that means there are no additional store units available for that title.

[quote name='Dund3r']Yeah, my subscription expires in March so I will have to renew soon as well. Any recommendations on what's the best way to renew?[/QUOTE]

Need to go in store. And the only option on renewing going forward will be the digital version of @Gamer. You won't be able to go to www.atgamermagazine.com any longer to switch to print. Digital only going forward.

There will be benefits to being a digital subscriber. Starting in March, digital subscribers will get TWO coupon codes per offer in each issue. One that will work in store and one that will work online. Only digital subscribers will get the online promo code, so that's an advantage right there. And no more waiting for the print mag to show up in the mail. It will be in your inbox as the issue goes live which is usually the first Sunday of the month.

I recommend going to the RZ site, www.myrz.com, not logging in and then printing the coupon off the RZGC benefits page. It gives you the thing the store employee will scan to sell you the Unlocked Membership. JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THEM CAPTURE YOUR CURRENT RZ NUMBER AT THIS POINT.

Also, make sure they have your most current and correct email address as this is where your issue and coupons will be emailed each issue.

Understand that some people really like print magazines. I'm one of them. That being said there is still a TON of value to being an Unlocked Member. @Gamer is just one part of that and you'll still get it. Will just need to use the PC, iPad or Android tablet for the content.

[quote name='PDJ']Would've bought Ni No Kuni from them if they had a pre-order bonus. To Amazon my purchase goes.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. Strange that Best Buy Canada has the Flutterby dlc and 800 reward zone points listed, but the U.S. site has no pre-order bonuses listed.

[quote name='Havokscry']I did the same thing. Strange that Best Buy Canada has the Flutterby dlc and 800 reward zone points listed, but the U.S. site has no pre-order bonuses listed.[/QUOTE]
i read some where people are reporting, the ni no kuni preorder dlc offer only shows up, when you preorder it in bestbuy store

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back