Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they still taken pre-order's for the Songbird versions of BioShock Infinite in store

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Does anybody know if I order the collectors edition of god of war or the last of us from best buy if I will still get the $20 in points back or is that only for the standard edition?[/QUOTE]as always any sku with the game is eligble even consoles this has never changed from any bb promo.

[quote name='starmask2k3']Are they still taken pre-order's for the Songbird versions of BioShock Infinite in store[/QUOTE]
I tried to order about a month or so ago and the Gaming Rep said they had Songbird for pre-order then removed from the system one day after. I'm not sure if it's true, but you could give it try.

One more question, my unlocked expires on 3/6/13 and god of war comes out on 3/12/13 so as long as I pre order before my subscription expires will I still get the $20 back? What if I preorder the last of us now also will I still get the $20 back for that if I don't renew? As long as I pre order before my subscrition expires right?

[quote name='Outlaw1986']One more question, my unlocked expires on 3/6/13 and god of war comes out on 3/12/13 so as long as I pre order before my subscription expires will I still get the $20 back? What if I preorder the last of us now also will I still get the $20 back for that if I don't renew? As long as I pre order before my subscrition expires right?[/QUOTE]
Nope, you need to be a Gamer's unlocked member at the time of purchase in-store or shipment if you bought online.
More details about Gamer's Unlocke rewards in the fine print

Dang that kind of sucks, what if I preorder now then renew a couple days before I pick up god of war collectors edition. I'd wait to pre order till I renew again but I want to make sure I get that collectors edition.
Could I just renew early? I was worried about them switching to digital only that they might mess it up and was thinking I'd just let it expire for a couple days before I renew to avoid some hassle but I don't know. I wish the game I want didn't come out so close to the renewal date...

^ I don't think you need to worried about switch to digital because everyone will be switched to the Digital version starting with the March issue. They will not being making a physical magazine version anymore.

I guess you are planning to extend your membership for as long as possible? You can pre-order the games right now. Then follow instructions in fine print below, meaning you must renew and pickup the pre-order in-store on the same transaction/receipt.
If you join on day of in-store pickup, enrollment must be on the same transaction as game pickup and member number must be provided to be eligible.

PO my copy of Dead Space 3. Get to start this thing all over again. Hopefully it will go as well as this promo did in 2012.

yeah ugh. i can't pass up these insane day 1 deals. but i still need to finish my speed run of dead space 1 and my virgin run of dead space 2. i really shouldnt rush dead space 2 so much, but i wanna play dead space 3 and i feel it necessary. #FirstWorldProblems!

Went ahead and pre-ordered Dead Space 3 today with a $50 gift card I had. So I'm out $10 and I'll get a $20 certificate back. Not bad.

I still haven't played Dead Space 2 yet and was hoping to have a chance before I bought Dead Space 3. Looks like I know what coming up next after I beat MGS 4 again. Probably go back to Dead Space 1, Extraction and then 2 before starting 3. That should take me through at least mid-March when Bioshock Infinite comes out.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah ugh. i can't pass up these insane day 1 deals. but i still need to finish my speed run of dead space 1 and my virgin run of dead space 2. i really shouldnt rush dead space 2 so much, but i wanna play dead space 3 and i feel it necessary. #FirstWorldProblems![/QUOTE]
So first world...

バーバリー バッグ オークリー ゴーグル バーバリー バッグ I definitely liked reading everything that is written on your site.could have some office room for lease. List for yourself twenty techniques in which you'll be able to conservetime, attempt and make the total transition to lowfat or a single percent milk. Within the brief phrase,Common Horror monster could be next. Who am I kidding? It's going to be yet another Star Wars バーバリー バーバリー マフラー オークリー Could you tell me please, where could i find some?Hello, always i used to check webpage posts here early in the break of day, since i like to gain knowledge of more and more.What i do not understood is actually how you're now not actually a lot more smartly-favored than you might be right now.overhead, and so on. Part-time does not always equivalent "half." Obtaining a part-time company could be oakley バーバリー 財布 バーバリー バッグ I don't know if this is actually the best place to ask but do you folks have any ideea where to employ some professional writers? Thx :)Thank you a lot for giving everyone remarkably pleasant possiblity to check tips from this website.In this situation, we updating a Counterculture Period classic recipe. Give it a shot and let me knowI will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends.

バーバリー バッグ オークリー バーバリー マフラー conventions they will not be seeking to choose up the second season.Some really prime articles on this website , saved to fav.Hiya very nice site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Superb ..I was suggested this web site by my cousin. オークリー ゴーグル オークリー 通販 バーバリー コート calls to the East Coastline ahead of operate, the Central Time Zone during breaks and at lunch and also toThat is the very first time I frequented your website page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to create this particular submit incredible. Fantastic job!You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can't wait to read much more from you.Always handle it up! オークリー メガネ メンズ 時計 バーバリー マフラー underside with all the zipper.Take hard, high priority paperwork to your silent spot exactly where it is possible to give it your total concentratethese previous few months, you should have noticed one particular clip exactly where young James T. Kirk is running ingame-breaker and in many situations, a match ender.

[quote name='Cameanype']バーバリー バッグ オークリー ゴーグル バーバリー バッグ I definitely liked reading everything that is written on your site.could have some office room for lease. List for yourself twenty techniques in which you'll be able to conservetime, attempt and make the total transition to lowfat or a single percent milk. Within the brief phrase,Common Horror monster could be next. Who am I kidding? It's going to be yet another Star Wars バーバリー バーバリー マフラー オークリー Could you tell me please, where could i find some?Hello, always i used to check webpage posts here early in the break of day, since i like to gain knowledge of more and more.What i do not understood is actually how you're now not actually a lot more smartly-favored than you might be right now.overhead, and so on. Part-time does not always equivalent "half." Obtaining a part-time company could be oakley バーバリー 財布 バーバリー バッグ I don't know if this is actually the best place to ask but do you folks have any ideea where to employ some professional writers? Thx :)Thank you a lot for giving everyone remarkably pleasant possiblity to check tips from this website.In this situation, we updating a Counterculture Period classic recipe. Give it a shot and let me knowI will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cameanype']バーバリー バッグ オークリー バーバリー マフラー conventions they will not be seeking to choose up the second season.Some really prime articles on this website , saved to fav.Hiya very nice site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Superb ..I was suggested this web site by my cousin. オークリー ゴーグル オークリー 通販 バーバリー コート calls to the East Coastline ahead of operate, the Central Time Zone during breaks and at lunch and also toThat is the very first time I frequented your website page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to create this particular submit incredible. Fantastic job!You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can't wait to read much more from you.Always handle it up! オークリー メガネ メンズ 時計 バーバリー マフラー underside with all the zipper.Take hard, high priority paperwork to your silent spot exactly where it is possible to give it your total concentratethese previous few months, you should have noticed one particular clip exactly where young James T. Kirk is running ingame-breaker and in many situations, a match ender.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Mom said don't talk to strangers [quote name='Cameanype']バーバリー バッグ オークリー バーバリー マフラー conventions they will not be seeking to choose up the second season.Some really prime articles on this website , saved to fav.Hiya very nice site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Superb ..I was suggested this web site by my cousin. オークリー ゴーグル オークリー 通販 バーバリー コート calls to the East Coastline ahead of operate, the Central Time Zone during breaks and at lunch and also toThat is the very first time I frequented your website page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to create this particular submit incredible. Fantastic job!You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can't wait to read much more from you.Always handle it up! オークリー メガネ メンズ 時計 バーバリー マフラー underside with all the zipper.Take hard, high priority paperwork to your silent spot exactly where it is possible to give it your total concentratethese previous few months, you should have noticed one particular clip exactly where young James T. Kirk is running ingame-breaker and in many situations, a match ender.[/QUOTE]

elessar, too poor, zolor and dumplestiltskin - you know spam when you see it. Don't try and be cute... REPORT it rather than try and be funny and quote and/or react to it. that only makes our job harder by having to clean up your nonsense as well.

So what's the consensus on Crysis 3? PO now for the $20 and hope to PM at least $10 off, or wait for the inevitable price drop? The mp beta has been pretty disappointing. Far Cry 3 is amazing though, so the campaign could be a lot of fun.

Sorry if this has been asked to death, but if I were, say, to enroll in GC Unlocked today and pre-order Dead Space 3, pay $60 for it tomorrow, and get my $20 in RZ Points, then Target puts it on sale a few weeks later for $40 and I price match it at Best Buy, do I lose the $20 in RZ Points?

Thanks!

BioShock Infinite is finally available for in-store pickup if anyone else was waiting to put their preorder in for that reason.

[quote name='Kitoro']Sorry if this has been asked to death, but if I were, say, to enroll in GC Unlocked today and pre-order Dead Space 3, pay $60 for it tomorrow, and get my $20 in RZ Points, then Target puts it on sale a few weeks later for $40 and I price match it at Best Buy, do I lose the $20 in RZ Points?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Nope. Price matching is allowed. Go for it!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']BioShock Infinite is finally available for in-store pickup if anyone else was waiting to put their preorder in for that reason.[/QUOTE]

I'm personally wondering how the Songbird edition is still in stock at Best Buy. I hope they didn't make some massive error in their inventory system as I believe every other retailer is sold out except for GS on the PC version.

[quote name='cancerman1120']FYI The Last of Us might give you nightmares. REV3 hands on preview with Adam Sessler. This game looks so good. Also I should say spoiler if you do not want to see anything about this game.
[/QUOTE]
Great preview. I'm starting to get a little more hyped for this game after feeling iffy about it for a while. It's nice to hear that he felt like the crafting aspect was quick and easy to get a handle on. It seemed a bit cumbersome in the last preview footage they showed.

[quote name='cancerman1120']FYI The Last of Us might give you nightmares. REV3 hands on preview with Adam Sessler. This game looks so good. Also I should say spoiler if you do not want to see anything about this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlIZwa-Z0Ng&list=UUQXR8pItAoKDAJSbphFxbrg[/QUOTE]
tumblr_mdz9k34yUw1rbdz2io1_500.gif

[quote name='guinaevere']elessar, too poor, zolor and dumplestiltskin - you know spam when you see it. Don't try and be cute... REPORT it rather than try and be funny and quote and/or react to it. that only makes our job harder by having to clean up your nonsense as well.[/QUOTE]

I apologize. Where is the report button?

Looks like I'll be canceling GoW Ascension and Injustice preorders from Amazon and getting them from Best Buy. Especially since Amazon doesn't give the credits to people who buy the CE/LEs.

May also preorder Last of Us, Dead Island Riptide, and GTA V. Haven't fully decided on those yet.

[quote name='Zolor23']I apologize. Where is the report button?[/QUOTE]It's to the immediate-left of the Quote button on a given post (technically next to the Edit button on one of your posts).

[quote name='Vigilante']It's to the immediate-left of the Quote button on a given post (technically next to the Edit button on one of your posts).[/QUOTE]

I see, I'll be sure to report if I see spam next time.

[quote name='lilman']So what's the consensus on Crysis 3? PO now for the $20 and hope to PM at least $10 off, or wait for the inevitable price drop? The mp beta has been pretty disappointing. Far Cry 3 is amazing though, so the campaign could be a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]
I don't get why people keep asking the same ? in general, there is zero risk, none just don't open the game. If it doesn't drop to your buy price in 30/60 days return it. You can only backtrack this b/c if u don't get in the pre-order & the next weeks ad leaks then what u cant get $20 then. Play it smart stop overthinking it.

[quote name='Enuf']I don't get why people keep asking the same ? in general, there is zero risk, none just don't open the game. If it doesn't drop to your buy price in 30/60 days return it. You can only backtrack this b/c if u don't get in the pre-order & the next weeks ad leaks then what u cant get $20 then. Play it smart stop overthinking it.[/QUOTE]

Not everybody has the time to continually return items to Best Buy nor does everyone want to spend $60 up front for a game, all the while trying to pay attention to when a price finally drops, if at all. A $20 cert is also not equal in value to getting a game for $40, even if you buy stuff from Best Buy on a regular basis.

I get that you spend hours every day returning things to Best Buy and price matching per your previous posts, but please consider that many other people don't have the free time nor the interest in spending lots of time and gas in exchange for fairly small compensation. Personally, I only have the games I really want to have at launch pre-ordered under this promotion. Anything more would be a waste of time and money IMHO.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']BioShock Infinite is finally available for in-store pickup if anyone else was waiting to put their preorder in for that reason.[/QUOTE]

Is anyone able to pre-order the PS3 regular edition with in-store pickup?

[quote name='bojay1997']Not everybody has the time to continually return items to Best Buy nor does everyone want to spend $60 up front for a game, all the while trying to pay attention to when a price finally drops, if at all. A $20 cert is also not equal in value to getting a game for $40, even if you buy stuff from Best Buy on a regular basis.

I get that you spend hours every day returning things to Best Buy and price matching per your previous posts, but please consider that many other people don't have the free time nor the interest in spending lots of time and gas in exchange for fairly small compensation. Personally, I only have the games I really want to have at launch pre-ordered under this promotion. Anything more would be a waste of time and money IMHO.[/QUOTE]Your a smart gamer/shopper & knowing that you know u don't need alot of time to make this work this thread alone cuts out most of the work. I shop at BB for far more than games & return very few things I pm a lot though & it doesn't take hrs or use alot of gas there's 8 BB's near me daily.

Put it this way there's 2 choices
Be the person who plays it smart & pre-orders all the games during 1 trip to BB for $60 or less, wait for the next week ad to leak on CAG prior to buying & at least be in position to get the best deal.

or

Be the person posting "damn I knew I should've done the BB deal b/c game was certainly going to be on sale in 30/60 days now I guess I just wait for a cheaper price or buy it for the same price you guys are pm'ing".

Do you see more people in these threads happy with the pm's or upset that they passed? Go with the majority you'll win.

I was asking more about CAG's opinion of the game than getting a good deal. Crysis 3 doesn't seem very popular in the poll, and the mp beta isn't so great. I usually only PO games I know will be good like Bioshock Infinite, but I think this one could go either way. Guess I'll PO now and wait for reviews before opening.

[quote name='Enuf']Your a smart gamer/shopper & knowing that you know u don't need alot of time to make this work this thread alone cuts out most of the work. I shop at BB for far more than games & return very few things I pm a lot though & it doesn't take hrs or use alot of gas there's 8 BB's near me daily.

Put it this way there's 2 choices
Be the person who plays it smart & pre-orders all the games during 1 trip to BB for $60 or less, wait for the next week ad to leak on CAG prior to buying & at least be in position to get the best deal.

or

Be the person posting "damn I knew I should've done the BB deal b/c game was certainly going to be on sale in 30/60 days now I guess I just wait for a cheaper price or buy it for the same price you guys are pm'ing".

Do you see more people in these threads happy with the pm's or upset that they passed? Go with the majority you'll win.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. The smart move is to only buy what you're going to actually play and enjoy and then find the best deal on that item. Buying a game and avoiding opening it for 60 days is foolish. If you can wait 60 days, why not wait another 30-60 days for a more significant price drop?

Remember, you're paying $60 plus tax in many areas for each game. The $20 cert is nice, but even if you get a chain going, you're still spending $40+ on subsequent games and price matches are not a sure thing.

This thread and many others are full of people who buy into these deals and then dump the games in a lengthy backlog which results in the game dropping to far less than they paid even with the BB deal 3-6 months later when they actually get to it.

Personally, I think the Best Buy deal is good for games you know you want at launch, but buying games for the sake of buying them and then planning to spend time doing PMs and other time consuming activities is something most of us don't have the extra time or interest to invest in. It's cool that you have time, but gas is still $4 where I live and even a Best Buy 8 miles away involves an hour of my time including travel and then dealing with the employees. My time is worth a lot more than the minimum wage I'll recover constantly price matching and if your's isn't, perhaps it's time to rethink where you're at in life.

I don't think most people would argue that - if you have GCU - pre-ordering a game is the way to go if it's eligible for the $20 promo and you wanted it before it hit $10-$20 some day (used or otherwise). Last year, most of the games I bought ended up almost free after the $20 GC, selling the DLC (exclusive or otherwise), and price matches. Having said, I still ordered DS3 and Crysis 3 from Amazon. BBY can be a major headache with PMs, particularly on the phone, though in-person wasn't much fun either (incorrect PMs costing you the $20 promo, which you then have to call a CSR to fix). On the phone, I regularly lost the connection (from a cell or landline), and more than once I was on the phone for 40+ minutes (one time was 90+ minutes), with at least one of those times resulting in no PM (being transferred to another CSR after 90+ mins who said they don't price match after all). So...yeah. I'll save the stress and lose whatever the PM difference turns out to be (for the games Amazon also offers $20 on). Just my $.02, every one is welcome to their own opinion.

[quote name='bojay1997']Disagree. The smart move is to only buy what you're going to actually play and enjoy and then find the best deal on that item. Buying a game and avoiding opening it for 60 days is foolish. If you can wait 60 days, why not wait another 30-60 days for a more significant price drop?

Remember, you're paying $60 plus tax in many areas for each game. The $20 cert is nice, but even if you get a chain going, you're still spending $40+ on subsequent games and price matches are not a sure thing.

This thread and many others are full of people who buy into these deals and then dump the games in a lengthy backlog which results in the game dropping to far less than they paid even with the BB deal 3-6 months later when they actually get to it.

Personally, I think the Best Buy deal is good for games you know you want at launch, but buying games for the sake of buying them and then planning to spend time doing PMs and other time consuming activities is something most of us don't have the extra time or interest to invest in. It's cool that you have time, but gas is still $4 where I live and even a Best Buy 8 miles away involves an hour of my time including travel and then dealing with the employees. My time is worth a lot more than the minimum wage I'll recover constantly price matching and if your's isn't, perhaps it's time to rethink where you're at in life.[/QUOTE]

Why are you insulting people? Maybe YOU should think about where in life you are if you cannot even have a silly debate about video game deals without backhanded comments.

[quote name='bojay1997']Disagree. The smart move is to only buy what you're going to actually play and enjoy and then find the best deal on that item. Buying a game and avoiding opening it for 60 days is foolish. If you can wait 60 days, why not wait another 30-60 days for a more significant price drop?

Personally, I think the Best Buy deal is good for games you know you want at launch, but buying games for the sake of buying them and then planning to spend time doing PMs and other time consuming activities is something most of us don't have the extra time or interest to invest in. It's cool that you have time, but gas is still $4 where I live and even a Best Buy 8 miles away involves an hour of my time including travel and then dealing with the employees. My time is worth a lot more than the minimum wage I'll recover constantly price matching and if your's isn't, perhaps it's time to rethink where you're at in life.[/QUOTE]

I pre ordered everything the last promo and I got a pm on every item and managed to come out ahead with all of them. I had the games shipped to my house so no gas wasted and I just did something else while I was waiting on the phone to pm so no time was waisyed either

Why dont more of us get the games shipped vs going into the store to pickup? You get to pm over the phone and don't have to drive anywhere. I feel like its easier to pm this way and if you get a "bad rep" you just hang up and call back. With people placing these games into a backlog or reselling them i feel like its the way to do it.

Edit:mad:sninh good timing.

[quote name='finstersucks']can someone point me to a review of dead space 3? I can't find one. I wasn't a fan of both 1 & 2, so a review may change my mind[/QUOTE]
EA probably have the reviews embargoed until release, since I'm not seeing any critic reviews up on metacritic.

Everything in your last paragraph sounds like it would be alleviated by online purchases. And if any CAG is buying games to immediately put in a huge backlog, maybe they should rethink their spending habits, unless the game is at risk of going OOP or something.

The smart move (if you have the cash and I recommend being Silver status) is to do the following (my method adapted from Enuf):

1. Buy all the eligible games online and ship them to you (free expedited shipping for Silver members)
2. Keep the ones you want, sell the ones you don't want for $40-50 online on release day
3. Watch CAG for upcoming deals and pricematch over the phone since you bought online (thus eliminating the $4/gallon gas issue). These games WILL drop in price certainly within 60 days, likely within 30 days if you're not Silver status.

Bottom line: 13 x $20 = $260 RZ certificates + all those RZ points from the game purchases

Listen to people like Enuf - they know what they are talking about.

Yeah, Enuf's idea is pretty good. Except I couldnt find a good place to sell the new releases. Mostly due to high tax rates, and eBay/Paypal combo rape :(

[quote name='lilman']I was asking more about CAG's opinion of the game than getting a good deal. Crysis 3 doesn't seem very popular in the poll, and the mp beta isn't so great. I usually only PO games I know will be good like Bioshock Infinite, but I think this one could go either way. Guess I'll PO now and wait for reviews before opening.[/QUOTE]

I'm likely in the minority but I love the Crysis 3 beta on PS3. It feels like a faster Killzone 3 in my opinion and I really like the weapons I'm unlocking. I just wish it didn't come out during such a busy month. I have a feeling I'm getting Aliens for valentines day... And God of War and Bioshock is right around the corner. So I'm leaning toward buy but I know I still have a huge backlog.

[quote name='Dund3r']The smart move (if you have the cash and I recommend being Silver status) is to do the following (my method adapted from Enuf):

1. Buy all the eligible games online and ship them to you (free expedited shipping for Silver members)
2. Keep the ones you want, sell the ones you don't want for $40-50 online on release day
3. Watch CAG for upcoming deals and pricematch over the phone since you bought online (thus eliminating the $4/gallon gas issue). These games WILL drop in price certainly within 60 days, likely within 30 days if you're not Silver status.

Bottom line: 13 x $20 = $260 RZ certificates + all those RZ points from the game purchases

Listen to people like Enuf - they know what they are talking about.[/QUOTE]

100% the way to go. I usually list the games up for $50 on cl and have them come to me (i do work in downtown sf so that does help) .

I would also add 2 things.

1.Sell the po bonuses you get on ebay, most are worth 10 to $30 (worth it even with the fees).

2. Get a pitch in card. If you do any trade in or buy any deals with gc's it is really easy to add them to your pitch in card online. Once you have you credit in one place it is even easier to pm online or in store. You will always know where the credit is going to and the card is replaceable so if you lose it your credit is safe.

[quote name='lwhitit']100% the way to go. I usually list the games up for $50 on cl and have them come to me (i do work in downtown sf so that does help) .

I would also add 2 things.

1.Sell the po bonuses you get on ebay, most are worth 10 to $30 (worth it even with the fees).

2. Get a pitch in card. If you do any trade in or buy any deals with gc's it is really easy to add them to your pitch in card online. Once you have you credit in one place it is even easier to pm online or in store. You will always know where the credit is going to and the card is replaceable so if you lose it your credit is safe.[/QUOTE]
I tried using Enuf's idea like you did, but often times I sell on CL, I get shady phone calls saying he can only pick up at 10:00PM in downtown LA or something. And I'm a such coward that I usually back out...

[quote name='lilman']I was asking more about CAG's opinion of the game than getting a good deal. Crysis 3 doesn't seem very popular in the poll, and the mp beta isn't so great. I usually only PO games I know will be good like Bioshock Infinite, but I think this one could go either way. Guess I'll PO now and wait for reviews before opening.[/QUOTE]
A shooter that allows you to go invisible for long amounts of time isn't a fun one, so I'm passing playing on this one. The single player will be the same in a year when it's bargain bin priced if you want to play that.

[quote name='TooPoor']I tried using Enuf's idea like you did, but often times I sell on CL, I get shady phone calls saying he can only pick up at 10:00PM in downtown LA or something. And I'm a such coward that I usually back out...[/QUOTE]

You're the one with the item. Tell them to meet you at a mall during the day or no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back