Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']Why are you insulting people? Maybe YOU should think about where in life you are if you cannot even have a silly debate about video game deals without backhanded comments.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but the guy is constantly going on about how everyone should buy everything and either flip it on Craigslist or drive from Best Buy to Best Buy getting price matches and adjustments. My point was simply that such an approach isn't practical for many people and his sweeping statements about what other people should be doing are inappropriate. There is nothing wrong with waiting for a game to drop in price which they almost all eventually do, especially the ones included in this deal. I'm here for sharing deals on things I'm actually going to buy, not to be advised on how to profit from flipping, repeatedly abusing price match policies or Craigslist reselling.

[quote name='TooPoor']I tried using Enuf's idea like you did, but often times I sell on CL, I get shady phone calls saying he can only pick up at 10:00PM in downtown LA or something. And I'm a such coward that I usually back out...[/QUOTE]

No reason to do that. I make sure to post where i am located and that you can pick up from 8am to 4pm. price firm. Location firm. First come first serve. If anyone emails me trying to change the plan i ignore them.

You have the power!

[quote name='panda911']A shooter that allows you to go invisible for long amounts of time isn't a fun one, so I'm passing playing on this one. The single player will be the same in a year when it's bargain bin priced if you want to play that.

You're the one with the item. Tell them to meet you at a mall during the day or no go.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lwhitit']No reason to do that. I make sure to post where i am located and that you can pick up from 8am to 4pm. price firm. Location firm. First come first serve. If anyone emails me trying to change the plan i ignore them.

You have the power![/QUOTE]
You guys are right. No more Mr. Nice Guy :devil:

[quote name='YBX87']for those of you who are interested in alien:colonial marines, here is a more in depth look at it. It is most gameplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-h2Gx1CHhQ[/QUOTE]

This game has so much hype and yet here I sit hoping that this video was still a demo version and not the final. (Didn't watch the video with the sound on) From what I have seen so far, customization looks great. Character models / movement very very sloppy. CG work, terrible. AI looks pretty dumb (assuming they were playing on at least a normal difficulty)

Worth $60? Definitely not.

[quote name='Zolor23']I see, I'll be sure to report if I see spam next time.[/QUOTE]
hug.gif

allthethings2_zps313994da.png

Report ALL the problems!

[quote name='TooPoor']I tried using Enuf's idea like you did, but often times I sell on CL, I get shady phone calls saying he can only pick up at 10:00PM in downtown LA or something. And I'm a such coward that I usually back out...[/QUOTE]
Pfft. Tell them to meet YOU at the local Police Department or Sheriff's Office parking lot. It's public property. No safer place.

has anyone else had their south park pre-order cancelled?

i got an email a few weeks ago saying it had been put on back order and told me that i could cancel it if i didn't want to wait. then the next day i got another email saying that it was a mistake and my order would arrive on time. theni just got another email yesterday saying that it was on back order again and they went ahead and cancelled my order.

[quote name='bojay1997'] My time is worth a lot more than the minimum wage I'll recover constantly price matching and if your's isn't, perhaps it's time to rethink where you're at in life.[/QUOTE]

What kind of BS moderator deletes my post tell bojay1997 that he needs to not insult other people YET his post remains? That is some crap moderating.

Got an email saying my DS3 preorder with store pickup was delayed. lolwut. I'll call tomorrow. First time this has ever happened in the 10-15 times I've done it this way.

I preorderd Sly, Dead Space 3, and MG:Revengence and all 3 where backordered and now are cancelled. Emailed BB support tonight, but it's just annoying. How can a pre-ordered game be backordered, and how the hell do you cancel a backordered game that isn't even out yet? BB is really going down the tubes... Any other CAG's having issues with their pre-ordered games?

I just got the email saying my Dead Space 3 in-store pickup was delayed, too. Hopefully I wake up with an email saying it's ready to be picked up.

It seems like BBY is having some issues tonight with their system randomly cancelling orders. My DS3 copy seems ready for pick up with no emails to the contrary.

[quote name='bonds25']I just got the email saying my Dead Space 3 in-store pickup was delayed, too. Hopefully I wake up with an email saying it's ready to be picked up.[/QUOTE]

ditto :/

Hopefully it'll be ready for me to pick up after work tomorrow.

You and the other guy that had delayed games wouldn't happen to be in san francisco would you?

I originally got back order emails for deadspace and crysis , deadspace shipped no problems but I got a cancellation email for crysis along with a digital coupon back for the rz certificate I used for payment .

The backorder thing was a bug on their part. I got the following email last week.

We apologize; due to an error, you had received an email indicating that your recent pre-order for X360-DEAD SPACE 3 (SKU 5743793) was on backorder. We're very sorry for this mistake.

Rest assured, your pre-order is still valid despite remaining in a backorder status. Your item will be ready to ship or pick up on the day that it is released or when product becomes available.

[quote name='koruwa']ditto :/

Hopefully it'll be ready for me to pick up after work tomorrow.

You and the other guy that had delayed games wouldn't happen to be in san francisco would you?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I'm in Ohio.

advice for selling on CL meet at the mall(food court usually works best), try to get "regulars" by letting them know you can get ____ games(list the ones in the promo on CL as well) for the same deal. It may require a 2nd GCU sub if your good enuf to get & keep a larger based of regs. Be FIRM in your post "$50 no tax vs $63.XX"

Keep in mind there's a tons of bad shoppers so even a trip to your local walmart/mall/GS on release day or the release weekend will put you in contact with shoppers willing to pay $60 + tax & your selling it for $10 less sealed.

I've aleady sold Bioshock...to a Gamestop manager who works in the store directly across the street from BB. He's happy to pay $50 cash vs $52 + 8% tax & he's giving me the DLC for it free. I've also sold games to BB employees since they were so short-sighted not to do the same deal but go for the employee discount instead.

[quote name='Dund3r']3. Watch CAG for upcoming deals and pricematch over the phone since you bought online (thus eliminating the $4/gallon gas issue). These games WILL drop in price certainly within 60 days, likely within 30 days if you're not Silver status. [/QUOTE]

What are the odds of real sales of new games during this time of the year? (Honest question) All I can imagine are BOGO/gift card sales, which I'd assume would be even more YMMV over the phone.

Edit*

Ha, Enuf ninjas an answer before my question.

[quote name='lwhitit']Happy story here. My game shipped today (early morning) and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (instead of weds).[/QUOTE]

Did you get standard shipping? I'm wondering how long Best Buy games take to ship and deliver in oppose to picking them up in store. Trying to save on gas and time.

[quote name='kelo360']Did you get standard shipping? I'm wondering how long Best Buy games take to ship and deliver in oppose to picking them up in store. Trying to save on gas and time.[/QUOTE]
Most likely a premiere silver member like me with free expedited shipping. Mine was shipped out yesterday and is set to arrive today through UPS.

[quote name='koruwa']The backorder thing was a bug on their part. I got the following email last week.

We apologize; due to an error, you had received an email indicating that your recent pre-order for X360-DEAD SPACE 3 (SKU 5743793) was on backorder. We're very sorry for this mistake.

Rest assured, your pre-order is still valid despite remaining in a backorder status. Your item will be ready to ship or pick up on the day that it is released or when product becomes available.
[/QUOTE]

Got the same email for my crysis order yet it still got cancelled .

[quote name='Saiyan']What are the odds of real sales of new games during this time of the year? (Honest question) All I can imagine are BOGO/gift card sales, which I'd assume would be even more YMMV over the phone.

Edit*

Ha, Enuf ninjas an answer before my question.[/QUOTE]There's more games coming now in a shorter time frame than during Xmas which will make drops happend faster. There's no holiday sales bump or black friday for stores to hold for & total sales are down even during the holidays. Even the best selling games of all time go on sale w/i 2-3 weeks how can these games not? PS3 top tier exclusives hold long but not 60 days & GTAV will hold long but that's about it. The shooter genre is saturated so they drop fast just to keep from being forgotten & the other genres drop b/c they don't sell like shooters.

Keep in mind I'm allergic to paying full price(at the end) & I pm 90%-95% of my purchases. I have 3152 pending RZ pts, 147 total transactions since 11/8 & $375 earned in RZ certs in the same 90 day period. Depending on your rea there's so many stores to match(target/walmart/Sears/TRU/Gamestop/Kmart/HHGregg/PC Richard/Sam's Club/BJ's/Newegg/Amazon). Others have Fry's & then there's also BB themselves. So basically 10+ retailers must maintain full MSRP for 30/60 days during the "slow" shopping period I'd say the odds are in our favor.

Protip:
Day 1/midnight release buyers
Get the game then but also purchase a copy on the Sat. of release week & return using the 1st receipt. The extra days wiill come in handy for non silver members since you get a chance to match another week of ads. For silver members this will really help for titles that have MSRP drops & then sales you could match 2-3 times.
Hope that helps.

The game looks fine. It won't be the new RE6. If anything the worst part to me imo is the removal of the store and credits and replacing them with the new weapon crafting crap. I don't find it as appealing as EA tries to present to be.

A quick question. I am a Premier Silver member but on the site it says only through Feb 2013. If it drops me off of Silver status I was wondering when I should pick up my game to make sure I give myself the most chances to price match. The website says if you pre order online (which I did) then I have 7 days from the street date to pick the game up. What is then the best day to go pick up the game to give me the most chances to price match?

[quote name='cancerman1120']So DS3 is sitting at 80/100 with 18 reviews. One 5/10. Even IGN only gave it a 7.8/10. Hope that means a early price drop.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Reading the reviews, it looks like the game is what I was expecting so baring game breaking bugs it looks like I will enjoy it. And it would be great if few people agree with me and dont buy it so it drops faster. Very selfish of me.

Got another email yesterday telling me my orders of Gears, Tomb Raider and God of War are on back order and have been cancelled. Sweet.

So I have a reward zone cert I need to use soon, so I figure I'll probably just preorder Injustice: Gods Among Us since I need a great fighter for WiiU (I do have Tekken 2 but it's not really my thing).

So I guess I'm wondering: Do you guys think this particular game will drop below $40 anytime in the next few months after it releases? 2D fighters aren't as oversaturated as shooters, and with this being a DC tie in and all I don't know what to expect, it looks like it's gotten a lot more hype than MK vs DCU.

And do we know what the DLC situation will be like? I'm wondering if I should hold out for a GOTY edition, or if there is too much DLC just skip the game altogether, and I know that, even though this game is several months away, they've already announced costumes as DLC in the collector's editions. I just want to make sure I'm not gonna have to buy half the roster later to get the most out of this game, or miss out on a ton of costumes. MK9's DLC was a bit much for me so I'm not willing to get into a game with more than that. I just don't want to buy a DLC crazy game like Arkham City, especially if a GOTY version will be less than a year away.

[quote name='DomLando']A quick question. I am a Premier Silver member but on the site it says only through Feb 2013. If it drops me off of Silver status I was wondering when I should pick up my game to make sure I give myself the most chances to price match. The website says if you pre order online (which I did) then I have 7 days from the street date to pick the game up. What is then the best day to go pick up the game to give me the most chances to price match?[/QUOTE]
Within 7 days, so waiting till Monday for a Tuesday release would give you longest price match period. If you do pay in full with a credit card you will probably have 60 days for price matching through your credit card. Most credit cards require you to call in, fill out a form, and mail in a physical Ad for the lower price.

The only game from last year I failed to PM down to $40 was Borderlands 2. I'm sure if it even dropped that low, but I ended up taking a hit and PMed for Wal-mart's price around $53. I think most people should have good chances to PM, but the savings is not guaranteed. Just remember there's always a possibility to get disconnected on the phone when PMing online orders that cost me about $20 in frustration. PMing in-store has worked better for me, due to having many Best Buy stores close to me.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yea!?! I am now convinced EA does not care who gets upset. They must make money on it. All I ask is you pretend for 2 weeks that the game I just paid you $60 for is what you really intended to be the full game.

"Awakended" DLC tabbed for March.

http://www.destructoid.com/dead-space-3-awakened-dlc-announced-244069.phtml[/QUOTE]

I'll refer you back to my earlier posts on this subject about you not understanding what goes into game production. And please don't tell me to explain it to you, because I don't know the details. I know there are timelines and budgets and teams and dickhead suits making decisions that cause people to work death metal hours, but those are simply generalizations from the grown up world. Every company, regardless of product, follows this path to some degree.

And here's a tip: as long as the additional content does not in any way alter core game mechanics or narrative from the main product; in essence, you can play the game to completion as intended, without missing anything for your $60 - what difference does it make? I mean, I know it gives you something to complain about, but come on.

[quote name='secondhand1']I'll refer you back to my earlier posts on this subject about you not understanding what goes into game production. And please don't tell me to explain it to you, because I don't know the details. I know there are timelines and budgets and teams and dickhead suits making decisions that cause people to work death metal hours, but those are simply generalizations from the grown up world. Every company, regardless of product, follows this path to some degree.

And here's a tip: as long as the additional content does not in any way alter core game mechanics or narrative from the main product; in essence, you can play the game to completion as intended, without missing anything for your $60 - what difference does it make? I mean, I know it gives you something to complain about, but come on.[/QUOTE]

It seems pretty apparent that what was released was never considered the full game to begin with though. Let's not be blind fanboys here; we all know most of these big publishers, from EA to WB to Ubisoft, and now even Nintendo with Fire Emblem, cut content from the main game to sell later (whether it is main story content or simple side missions is irrelevent). Assassin's Creed II is the earliest example I can think of, but yeah, it was pretty much proven that the "side story" with the artifact was literally cut from the main game and sold seperately as DLC. Pretending that they don't do this is naive, and how other gamers stomache it is beyond my understanding.

[quote name='secondhand1']I'll refer you back to my earlier posts on this subject about you not understanding what goes into game production. And please don't tell me to explain it to you, because I don't know the details. I know there are timelines and budgets and teams and dickhead suits making decisions that cause people to work death metal hours, but those are simply generalizations from the grown up world. Every company, regardless of product, follows this path to some degree.

And here's a tip: as long as the additional content does not in any way alter core game mechanics or narrative from the main product; in essence, you can play the game to completion as intended, without missing anything for your $60 - what difference does it make? I mean, I know it gives you something to complain about, but come on.[/QUOTE]

You keep towing that line.

20+ Billion in sales and they still keep squeezing. (That is US only) Worldwide sales are close to 50 billion.

I despise these DLCs. They don't change the core gameplay now doesn't mean they won't do it in the future when they see gamers flocking to buy DLC. I would hate to buy separate pieces of content, plus a $60+tax game to assemble the game should that be the direction that these publishers are heading. I don't normally rant/bitch about publishers or retailers but they are heading down a road that I cannot follow.

I miss the good ol days.

[quote name='TooPoor']I despise these DLCs. They don't change the core gameplay now doesn't mean they won't do it in the future when they see gamers flocking to buy DLC. I would hate to buy separate pieces of content, plus a $60+tax game to assemble the game should that be the direction that these publishers are heading. I don't normally rant/bitch about publishers or retailers but they are heading down a road that I cannot follow.

I miss the good ol days.[/QUOTE]

That is the only point I am concerned with as this becomes more commonplace. I am mostly concerned with SP DLC. MP DLC seems appropriate to continue to give fans more of what they love over the course of a year or two. SP DLC just sucks. I would rather pay $5-10 more upfront for the complete game. If you think the game is worth $70 then charge that and give me everything. Otherwise it is nothing more than a cheap sales tactic and I hate publishers doing it. Heck the Witcher 3 was just announced and they are already saying the DLC will be FREE for those who buy the game new. Guess who will pay $60 for that type of commitment?

To those who got the email saying their Dead Space 3 in-store pickup was delayed have you gotten another email?

[quote name='cancerman1120']That is the only point I am concerned with as this becomes more commonplace. I am mostly concerned with SP DLC. MP DLC seems appropriate to continue to give fans more of what they love over the course of a year or two. SP DLC just sucks. I would rather pay $5-10 more upfront for the complete game. If you think the game is worth $70 then charge that and give me everything. Otherwise it is nothing more than a cheap sales tactic and I hate publishers doing it. Heck the Witcher 3 was just announced and they are already saying the DLC will be FREE for those who buy the game new. Guess who will pay $60 for that type of commitment?[/QUOTE]

I despise the entire principal of it, even in multiplayer most of the time. If it's not an MMO recieving regular updates or a really sizable expansion pack, don't charge for it. I refuse to purchase any shooter that is going to charge me $15 for a bunch of maps, or $10 for a few guns. I've bought games (most recently Ninja Gaiden 3 on WiiU) not because the main game attracted me, but all the free DLC that was released after the fact kept the game in my mind and on my wishlist.

While I find the entire principal morally reprehensible, in practice I just can't believe people are willing to cough up $10-$15 for so little. I hate to keep picking on Arkham City, but paying $10 for challenge room packs or the 2 hour mini-campaign with Harley was a joke. Charging $5 for a costume pack is a joke. And asking $10 for 2 hour missions in games like Assassin's Creed or Bioshock 2 is, again, a joke. It's because of crap like this that I don't have games like Fire Emblem Awakening, Bioshock Infinite, and God of War Ascension pre-ordered right this instant, and why I insist on waiting a year or more to buy games like Assassin's Creed III, and one of the main factors that led me to this site in the first place, and led to my becoming so invested in the indie scene, especially on PC. If I'm not getting a full game, then why should I pay full price?

[quote name='cancerman1120']That is the only point I am concerned with as this becomes more commonplace. I am mostly concerned with SP DLC. MP DLC seems appropriate to continue to give fans more of what they love over the course of a year or two. SP DLC just sucks. I would rather pay $5-10 more upfront for the complete game. If you think the game is worth $70 then charge that and give me everything. Otherwise it is nothing more than a cheap sales tactic and I hate publishers doing it. Heck the Witcher 3 was just announced and they are already saying the DLC will be FREE for those who buy the game new. Guess who will pay $60 for that type of commitment?[/QUOTE]

Why does any potential MP DLC get a pass? It's the same logic: You created this world for me to play in, I paid $60 for it, why are you releasing additional content that clearly was developed in conjunction with the main game and most certainly should have been included in the initial release?

I don't know that I can totally get on board with the prospect of serializing games, but Telltale has proved that it can work, so as long as it's done right, it's a direction I'd be happy to go in.

On topic and in response to my post earlier: BBY said there was a glitch - apparently again - that caused the system to cancel out pre-orders that were beyond a certain date as they were classified as back ordered. I was told they are issuing $10 gift cards to those affected by this glitch.

I asked her to not reinstate my order and to cancel my MGR order. Two glaring glitches in the span of two weeks and no less than five CSRs who didn't know what the hell they were doing has soured me. Unfortunate.

As soon as I sent the previous reply about the delayed in-store pickup I received an email saying my Dead Space 3 was ready for pickup. Hopefully those who had the same issue got theirs, too.

[quote name='kelo360']Did you get standard shipping? I'm wondering how long Best Buy games take to ship and deliver in oppose to picking them up in store. Trying to save on gas and time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='htz']Most likely a premiere silver member like me with free expedited shipping. Mine was shipped out yesterday and is set to arrive today through UPS.[/QUOTE]

Correct. I wouldnt mind standard shipping if you dont want to play it right away. The return period starts when the game is delivered so you get a few extra days to PM.

[quote name='rcerboss']I despise the entire principal of it, even in multiplayer most of the time. If it's not an MMO recieving regular updates or a really sizable expansion pack, don't charge for it. I refuse to purchase any shooter that is going to charge me $15 for a bunch of maps, or $10 for a few guns. I've bought games (most recently Ninja Gaiden 3 on WiiU) not because the main game attracted me, but all the free DLC that was released after the fact kept the game in my mind and on my wishlist.

While I find the entire principal morally reprehensible, in practice I just can't believe people are willing to cough up $10-$15 for so little. I hate to keep picking on Arkham City, but paying $10 for challenge room packs or the 2 hour mini-campaign with Harley was a joke. Charging $5 for a costume pack is a joke. And asking $10 for 2 hour missions in games like Assassin's Creed or Bioshock 2 is, again, a joke. It's because of crap like this that I don't have games like Fire Emblem Awakening, Bioshock Infinite, and God of War Ascension pre-ordered right this instant, and why I insist on waiting a year or more to buy games like Assassin's Creed III, and one of the main factors that led me to this site in the first place, and led to my becoming so invested in the indie scene, especially on PC. If I'm not getting a full game, then why should I pay full price?[/QUOTE]

I understand completely, I myself know someone who was dropped on their head like you! WHAT ARE YOU RAGING ABOUT, do you even know how DLC works??? They do the dlc separately with ppl focused on it alone, dont like paying $5 for a costume? DONT! Nobody said you have to buy every single damn thing for sale... **** you ARE getting the full game at launch, GOD FORBID they release extra content down the road then ask if you want to buy it... Seems real mature to deprive yourself of great games because EVENTUALLY there will be a DLC of some sort. I bought Fallout 3 day one, and all the dlc when it came out, the GOTY didn't come out for over a year afterwards, hmmm a couple bucks, or missing out on a year of fallout 3... if they stopped charging for DLC... THEY WOULD STOP MAKING IT!!! **** get a better argument. Your mentality is you want everything, for free, release day?

[quote name='Hemi']I understand completely, I myself know someone who was dropped on their head like you! WHAT ARE YOU RAGING ABOUT, do you even know how DLC works??? They do the dlc separately with ppl focused on it alone, dont like paying $5 for a costume? DONT! Nobody said you have to buy every single damn thing for sale... **** you ARE getting the full game at launch, GOD FORBID they release extra content down the road then ask if you want to buy it... Seems real mature to deprive yourself of great games because EVENTUALLY there will be a DLC of some sort. I bought Fallout 3 day one, and all the dlc when it came out, the GOTY didn't come out for over a year afterwards, hmmm a couple bucks, or missing out on a year of fallout 3... if they stopped charging for DLC... THEY WOULD STOP MAKING IT!!! **** get a better argument. Your mentality is you want everything, for free, release day?[/QUOTE]

someone is having difficulty controlling THE VOLUME OF HIS VOICE!!

On a DLC note, the thing that bothers me the most is that what you get in the DLC is often not equivalent to the price you have to pay. I rarely buy DLC unless it is significantly sale priced (Borderlands 2 season pass during the holidays, for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back