Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hemi']I understand completely, I myself know someone who was dropped on their head like you! WHAT ARE YOU RAGING ABOUT, do you even know how DLC works??? They do the dlc separately with ppl focused on it alone, dont like paying $5 for a costume? DONT! Nobody said you have to buy every single damn thing for sale... **** you ARE getting the full game at launch, GOD FORBID they release extra content down the road then ask if you want to buy it... Seems real mature to deprive yourself of great games because EVENTUALLY there will be a DLC of some sort. I bought Fallout 3 day one, and all the dlc when it came out, the GOTY didn't come out for over a year afterwards, hmmm a couple bucks, or missing out on a year of fallout 3... if they stopped charging for DLC... THEY WOULD STOP MAKING IT!!! **** get a better argument. Your mentality is you want everything, for free, release day?[/QUOTE]

Your argument fails because there have been numerous examples of DLC that were not done by a separate team and were in fact already on the disc. For games like Fallout 3, I would agree with you that significant effort was put into actually creating elaborate DLC that were more like add-ons or modules in the RPG world and those did require a separate team and were not part of the original game. The problem from my perspective is that the Fallout style DLC is becoming rarer and rarer and many publishers are starting to use parts of games that have traditionally been included (costumes, characters, minigames, small sublevels) as a means to squeeze out even more money from gamers. As someone who only buys new games, I don't like the fact that I am being punished just because publishers can't figure out a way of recovering all the money they lose to used sales.

[quote name='bojay1997']Your argument fails because there have been numerous examples of DLC that were not done by a separate team and were in fact already on the disc. For games like Fallout 3, I would agree with you that significant effort was put into actually creating elaborate DLC that were more like add-ons or modules in the RPG world and those did require a separate team and were not part of the original game. The problem from my perspective is that the Fallout style DLC is becoming rarer and rarer and many publishers are starting to use parts of games that have traditionally been included (costumes, characters, minigames, small sublevels) as a means to squeeze out even more money from gamers. As someone who only buys new games, I don't like the fact that I am being punished just because publishers can't figure out a way of recovering all the money they lose to used sales.[/QUOTE]

And your argument fails because delivery method doesn't matter. If the items you're being punished with were still made by the same team, but released as day one stand alone content, would it make you feel better?

[quote name='secondhand1']And your argument fails because delivery method doesn't matter. If the items you're being punished with were still made by the same team, but released as day one stand alone content, would it make you feel better?[/QUOTE]

Delivery method absolutely matters. If the content is already on the disc, it's proof that the content was made as part of the regular development process and was simply cut out to allow for more revenue generation. If the content is released months later and is substantial (i.e. similar to Fallout 3), that was part of a separate development process and not part of the game. Day one content that should be included in the base game is just as offensive to me as stuff already on the disc.

What happen to the $50 price for Dead Space 3 at Fry's?

Too many useless info in the past few pages, it's either buy the game or not.

[quote name='bojay1997']Delivery method absolutely matters. If the content is already on the disc, it's proof that the content was made as part of the regular development process and was simply cut out to allow for more revenue generation. If the content is released months later and is substantial (i.e. similar to Fallout 3), that was part of a separate development process and not part of the game. Day one content that should be included in the base game is just as offensive to me as stuff already on the disc.[/QUOTE]

Everything you just said is all speculation. When and how the content is released is in no way indicative of how it was produced.

[quote name='bonds25']As soon as I sent the previous reply about the delayed in-store pickup I received an email saying my Dead Space 3 was ready for pickup. Hopefully those who had the same issue got theirs, too.[/QUOTE]

I still haven't gotten my pickup email yet either. Odd. Wonder if the new system has something to do with this.

[quote name='kelo360']Did you get standard shipping? I'm wondering how long Best Buy games take to ship and deliver in oppose to picking them up in store. Trying to save on gas and time.[/QUOTE]

I got standard shipping...expected to arrive Monday via UPS Mail Innovations.

If the PM period really does get extended by a whole week, I'm fine with the slow delivery time.

[quote name='Zolor23']I got standard shipping...expected to arrive Monday via UPS Mail Innovations.

If the PM period really does get extended by a whole week, I'm fine with the slow delivery time.[/QUOTE]
What is Best Buy's return period?
Return or exchange your item up to 30 days from the original purchase date. Reward Zone® Program Premier Silver members have 60 days from the original purchase date to return eligible products.
The return period begins on the day you placed your order so it should be the same for price matches.

[quote name='Kevlar338']The return period begins on the date you RECIEVE your order , So it should be the same for price match[/QUOTE]

This. The return/pm period doesn't begin until you have the item in hand. It definitely doesn't start when you place the order, otherwise preorders wouldn't be eligible to pm. I've argued this with many bad cs workers.

Wow, what the hell happened in here?

I think Day-1 DLC...let's just say all DLC...as a whole is wrong. Everyone on a development team whose job is done 3/4 of the way through production should just be laid off.

That's sarcasm, by the way. And because not enough people have seen this, apparently: http://i.imgur.com/m77S3.png

On topic, I've preordered Crysis 3. Will likely preorder Spinter Cell Blacklist, haven't decided on the others yet.

i received a email from bestbuy that since its taking a long time (10 days) to get my pre-order (gow judgment) they canceled it why did they cancel it if they dont get pre-orders in until the release date

[quote name='eugaet']Wow, what the hell happened in here?

I think Day-1 DLC...let's just say all DLC...as a whole is wrong. Everyone on a development team whose job is done 3/4 of the way through production should just be laid off.

That's sarcasm, by the way. [/QUOTE]
I think the battle of the PRO-DLC team and ANTI-DLC team should just agree to disagree at this point.

I just miss the good old days, when a game can be purchased complete, with a thick and colorful instruction manual to flip through, plenty of well-designed game play time and replay value. $60 is lot of money (a cart full of groceries at Costco), I just want to get the most of my money.

[quote name='TooPoor']I think the battle of the PRO-DLC team and ANTI-DLC team should just agree to disagree at this point.

I just miss the good old days, when a game can be purchased complete, with a thick and colorful instruction manual to flip through, plenty of well-designed game play time and replay value. $60 is lot of money (a cart full of groceries at Costco), I just want to get the most of my money.[/QUOTE]
I think the best times were when you could buy cereal box sized PC games. I think Warcraft 3 that I pre-ordered at Babbage's was only $40. The manual was like the size of a mini novel.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Just bioshock? Cause there were a ton of other games affected by the glitch...Still that's kinda cool I guess.[/QUOTE]

Bioshock looks like the only guarantee. If you had any other game canceled, I'd try calling support and mention the Bioshock offer.

[quote name='Saiyan']Bioshock looks like the only guarantee. If you had any other game canceled, I'd try calling support and mention the Bioshock offer.[/QUOTE]

I noticed Songbird is now not available for order. I wonder what happens to people who had it cancelled?

Yeah, my Dead Space 3 Pre-Order was cancelled in store and not showing up on their tracking system. I could still refund my deposit and thankfully they had copies left over. But apparently they had issues with Fire Emblem and Dead Space 3 yesterday and today even in store. I didn't get any extra gift card or anything but whatever. I got the game that I pre-ordered without a problem luckily. I guess you could say that my Pre-Order wasn't cancelled per se, it was still active but according to their system they weren't supposed to have a copy set aside for me.

Yup, I got hit with the Dead Space 3 problem. The store pickup email came but I received a call from the Best Buy I'm picking up from that they ran out of Dead Space 3 or something. I had to switch BB stores so I wasn't able to pick up my copy today.

[quote name='ICHIRO51MVP']Is it too late to get the $20 credit for DeadSpace 3? I just noticed I had certificates that expire in a month.[/QUOTE]

Yes

How can you tell if your pre-order is still active? I preordered some games in-store and it doesn't say anything under orders in my account. Do I need to look somewhere else?

There's something definitely wrong with their .com preorder system.

I went to my local store and the rep I had said she couldn't change my order to in-store pickup despite the terminal showing my DS3 was currently in transit from the warehouse since last week and not available for pickup yet.

In the end, I had to call BB customer support and had a post-purchase (gaming) rep change my order to in-store pickup. The supervisor on duty was a total moron when I was there today and insisted "nothing could be done until it gets here so you just have to wait." My response was "it doesn't make sense you can't fulfill my order and tell me I'd have to wait a few more days for an item you have out on the sales floor already. Please call Help Desk to fix this glitch." He refused. I'm tempted to complain to BB corporate and the BBY gaming forum but I like the people at my store so I'm just going to drop it.

[quote name='Metal Militia']How can you tell if your pre-order is still active? I preordered some games in-store and it doesn't say anything under orders in my account. Do I need to look somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

Look under "Points and Purchases" on your RewardZone account page. Look for the date you placed the pre-order and click on the individual order to show what was in the order. There should be something like "PREORDER BONUS ********". It won't show unless the order has posted to your account (about 3-5 days after the purchase).

Is it really too late to get the $20 cert.? I'm still seeing the "$20 Gift Certificate" under "Offers" when I have Dead Space 3 in my cart. And it doesn't show up for any other game that's not on the qualifying games list (so like a random old game).

[quote name='ICHIRO51MVP']Is it really too late to get the $20 cert.? I'm still seeing the "$20 Gift Certificate" under "Offers" when I have Dead Space 3 in my cart. And it doesn't show up for any other game that's not on the qualifying games list (so like a random old game).[/QUOTE]

You do realize this is a pre-order promo, right?

I was surprised by how few copies of Dead Space 3 I saw in store. I didn't see any PS3 copies on the floor and like 3 Xbox copies. Maybe they're holding some in the back, but that's weird for a decent game.

I can almost guarantee you that its based off of the time period that the game came out. Think about it, the Fiscal Year ended for them this past Saturday. All orders for any games released this week would have to be paid for no later than last week. To help ensure that earnings come in for investors and the stock market closest to the pin of expectation, the easiest way would be to minimize cost and potential risk. If they over-ordered on the game then they'd have less money and no profit from it since the game didn't release until this week. Essentially the money was effectively tied up with no return on investment until the new Fiscal Year.

I believe the above is the correct reasoning but honestly it could also be the fact that the Pre-Order System was horribly screwed up long before they caught it. I know my local store didn't even get enough copies for Pre-Orders due to the glitch which also means that they had none to sell to the public even though it was advertised in their weekly ad. If the Pre-Order System wasn't showing the correct number of titles Pre-Ordered then the Suppliers for the stores are more than likely not going to order a large supply of the games either. Its the domino effect essentially.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I was surprised by how few copies of Dead Space 3 I saw in store. I didn't see any PS3 copies on the floor and like 3 Xbox copies. Maybe they're holding some in the back, but that's weird for a decent game.[/QUOTE]

My store had 10 Xbox copies at the end of today according to the CS rep.

[quote name='Dund3r']You do realize this is a pre-order promo, right?[/QUOTE]

Yea that's why I was asking is it too late. I know it's too late technically because it's no longer a preorder, but then they really shouldn't be mentioning the $20 credit under offers even after adding it to the cart if it's too late to qualify. No reason to list it under offers if it doesn't even apply to the item, right? Thanks though. You saved me $60. I'll just use my certificates on Crysis 3.

Anyone else get a RZ GC email this morning? The email I received gave me a link to print out a $20 GC but when I check my RZ account nothing is there.

[quote name='lwhitit']Anyone else get a RZ GC email this morning? The email I received gave me a link to print out a $20 GC but when I check my RZ account nothing is there.[/QUOTE]

I got one too, but I have nothing on my account. Must be some kind of glitch.

[quote name='lwhitit']Anyone else get a RZ GC email this morning? The email I received gave me a link to print out a $20 GC but when I check my RZ account nothing is there.[/QUOTE]
I got an e-mail about a $5 RZ cert I need to use by April 6. I plugged it in to BB.com and got the following message:

The following Reward Certificates have already been redeemed and cannot be reused:

[quote name='klimb22']I got an e-mail about a $5 RZ cert I need to use by April 6. I plugged it in to BB.com and got the following message:

The following Reward Certificates have already been redeemed and cannot be reused: [/QUOTE]

I just tried my code and received the same message.

[quote name='plastik3000']I get those. They send me reminders for certs I have already used.[/QUOTE]

Ya I have not received one of those in a while. I was hoping that BB started too give out the $20GC for DS3 already.

Speaking of BB/BB Reward Zone screw-ups, glitches, etc., I hope you guys noticed this when you logged on to your RZ accounts:

Your recent transactions may be delayed through 2/23. Learn more.

Why are my recent transactions not showing up yet?

• Between 2/3 and 2/23, new transactions will take longer to appear in your account. This is part of year-end account and system maintenance. During this time, you may still issue certificates if you have enough points available. No new transactions and/or points will be reflected in your account until after 2/23.

[quote name='Deader2818']so it will take 2 months for my DS3 cert to post?[/QUOTE]

I would guess the transaction posts on 2/24 and then 30 days from then. Hopefully on 2/24 they post retroactively but I doubt it. The facebook app is still depositing points into your account though.

[quote name='Hellacious']I can almost guarantee you that its based off of the time period that the game came out. Think about it, the Fiscal Year ended for them this past Saturday. All orders for any games released this week would have to be paid for no later than last week. To help ensure that earnings come in for investors and the stock market closest to the pin of expectation, the easiest way would be to minimize cost and potential risk. If they over-ordered on the game then they'd have less money and no profit from it since the game didn't release until this week. Essentially the money was effectively tied up with no return on investment until the new Fiscal Year.

I believe the above is the correct reasoning but honestly it could also be the fact that the Pre-Order System was horribly screwed up long before they caught it. I know my local store didn't even get enough copies for Pre-Orders due to the glitch which also means that they had none to sell to the public even though it was advertised in their weekly ad. If the Pre-Order System wasn't showing the correct number of titles Pre-Ordered then the Suppliers for the stores are more than likely not going to order a large supply of the games either. Its the domino effect essentially.[/QUOTE]

Inventory has no effect on earnings because it's not expensed until it is sold (or some other event justifying an impairment or write-off, which is hard to believe to occur when a game JUST came out). There may be a slight effect to the cash flow statement, but any astute investor would penalize a company for relinquishing potential profits from sales (i.e. stock-out costs) just to shift outflows to the next period. Investing in the fundamental operations of a business (buying inventory) isn't something that is looked down upon (so long as inventory costs don't rise, and that would occur independently of any year-end manipulation like this; and if anything, costs appear to drift upward over time, so a business is always better off buying more inventory now, all else being equal).

Then again, BBY's management is pretty dumb, so you may be right as to why BBY THINKS this would help, though it's ultimately detrimental, and the market will see right through this type of bullshit.

[quote name='stoned99']Scored the free guide (due to pm to TRU) with my DS3 pickup last night. Was there any BB DLC included with this game ?[/QUOTE]
Nope, you just get guaranteed the Limited Edition which is available for almost everyone right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back