Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='stoned99']Scored the free guide (due to pm to TRU) with my DS3 pickup last night. Was there any BB DLC included with this game ?[/QUOTE]

Is this mentioned in a TRU ad or anything? I'm having a hard time tracking it down. Wouldn't mind trying to match that though.

So I just got an email from bb in regards to my crysis 3 online pre order being cancelled due to an error and they gave me a 20 $ promotional coupon to use online as an apology for the inconvenience . I heard they were gonna be giving out 10 $ gift cards for bioshock pre orders being cancelled so I was gonna call CS about it today before i got the email , 20 $ not bad .

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Is this mentioned in a TRU ad or anything? I'm having a hard time tracking it down. Wouldn't mind trying to match that though.[/QUOTE]

Yup its in the weekly ad. I brought it with me yesterday and got the guide no prob. YMMV though since its a "bundle" DEAL.

[quote name='inky1600']Yup its in the weekly ad. I brought it with me yesterday and got the guide no prob. YMMV though since its a "bundle" DEAL.[/QUOTE]

Sick, thanks, man. Giving it a shot after work.

It was very quick and easy to pick up my in-store preorder of DS3, though I was a bit...perturbed (maybe? wrong word?) that the employee at the Store Pickup desk asked another employee to go get a copy off the shelf for me while I paid the remaining balance. It was funny when I walked over to the video game section after paying, found the employee looking for the start of the :360: section, which is not in an obvious place, and pointed at the copies on the shelf to show him where they were.

Hopefully I'm set for the $20 in RZ points with this new system in place; the only evidence that I preordered the game on my receipt is the "Preorder Deposit" line beneath the game title.

I was pressed for time, so even if I had brought the TRU ad with me, I wouldn't have had time to PM the free guide offer. However...I've never used a guide for the series yet, and I don't plan on starting now! :D

[quote name='Vigilante']It was very quick and easy to pick up my in-store preorder of DS3, though I was a bit...perturbed (maybe? wrong word?) that the employee at the Store Pickup desk asked another employee to go get a copy off the shelf for me while I paid the remaining balance. It was funny when I walked over to the video game section after paying, found the employee looking for the start of the :360: section, which is not in an obvious place, and pointed at the copies on the shelf to show him where they were.

Hopefully I'm set for the $20 in RZ points with this new system in place; the only evidence that I preordered the game on my receipt is the "Preorder Deposit" line beneath the game title.

I was pressed for time, so even if I had brought the TRU ad with me, I wouldn't have had time to PM the free guide offer. However...I've never used a guide for the series yet, and I don't plan on starting now! :D[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'm with you. I've amassed a pretty silly collection of guides, but I use them for maybe 6% of the games I play. Ni No Kuni's is one of the few I've touched this generation. I tend to just hope for good art.

I just received a $20 off a future purchase from them cancelling my pre-order.

Recently, Ps3-Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (SKU 4799011) was cancelled off your order in error. We apologize and understand the confusion and inconvenience that this has caused.
We want to make it up to you with the following discount that may be used on your replacement order on BestBuy.com or on any future BestBuy.com order.
$20.00 off your next BestBuy.com purchase1

i just got a $20 best buy gift card as well after asking about the problem on the best buy customer service forums. it seems like they are fully aware of the issue and it should be resolved but you will have to reorder the item that was cancelled.

best buy has screwed up quite a few small things here and there for me but posting about it in their forum always seems to resolve the issue in the end.

edit.
actually best buy just emailed me a $20 promotional code to apologize for the cancellation on top of the $20 gift card the customer service rep mailed to me for asking about the issue. i'm ok with this.

After getting all excited for crysis 3 on ps3 I fired up Killzone 3 for the first time in awhile. That game is sick and makes me wonder if I should wait on crysis for a drop and that multiplayer a little longer.

I was going to pre-order the CE for God of War Ascension, but the $20 certificate isn't offered. What gives??? Oh well. Hopefully I'll be able to snag one once the price drops.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I was going to pre-order the CE for God of War Ascension, but the $20 certificate isn't offered. What gives??? Oh well. Hopefully I'll be able to snag one once the price drops.[/QUOTE]
I got this pre-ordered and my store told me I would get it the $20. If was mentioned on the BB forums that the games CE will count if its on the $20 promo lists.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I was going to pre-order the CE for God of War Ascension, but the $20 certificate isn't offered. What gives??? Oh well. Hopefully I'll be able to snag one once the price drops.[/QUOTE]

I believe it is offered, just not listed on the website. A rep on BB said all CEs qualify for this, I think.

This point delay thing sucks because I have like 3 games to get next month and was hoping I'd have most of my certificates by then so I could use them towards the games, hopefully it won't go from 2/24 to 3/24 and it will still be based on time of purchase.

[quote name='thegame85']I just tried the Revengeance demo and while I like it, I'm still not sure if i should preorder.i just got Dead Space 3 too[/QUOTE]I haven't played the demo yet, but I preordered the gorgeous steelbook through Amazon.de and I plan on picking up the CE guide since Piggyback is behind it, and I plan on picking up the game once I've actually played through MGS 2-4 (sad, I know :cry:).

I also picked up DS3 and ohmygoshIloveitsomuch, so I'm going to be pretty satisfied with that, at least until Tomb Raider. ;)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']:roll: Basically the same thing in Dead Space 2, expect the one in this game is way harder to obtain due to classic mode and it looks "cooler".

Has anyone pm'ed Fry's price of DS3 to CS over the phone yet?[/QUOTE]

Where are you seeing a sale price from Fry's? It's regular price online.

[quote name='jr1016']Where are you seeing a sale price from Fry's? It's regular price online.[/QUOTE]

When the weekly ad for fry's was first put up, DS3 was $50. I don't know what the hell happened, but its gone.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']When the weekly ad for fry's was first put up, DS3 was $50. I don't know what the hell happened, but its gone.[/QUOTE]

Man, I thought that was the case. I haven't been able to track it down either.

fuck BB RZ certs. I got Assassin's Creed 3 and Halo 4 from Best Buy and never received my $20 RZ certs. They claimed I'd get them in 4-6 weeks. It's now February and I never got an email from BB about them. I refuse to trust BB about these things unless they print the cert out AT CHECKOUT.

[quote name='Darknuke']fuck BB RZ certs. I got Assassin's Creed 3 and Halo 4 from Best Buy and never received my $20 RZ certs. They claimed I'd get them in 4-6 weeks. It's now February and I never got an email from BB about them. I refuse to trust BB about these things unless they print the cert out AT CHECKOUT.[/QUOTE]

So instead of calling CS, you come on here and bitch about it? Makes sense.

[quote name='aircobra']So instead of calling CS, you come on here and bitch about it? Makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Now, now calling requires effort. This on the other hand requires no effort at all.

Personally $40 in BBY Spacebucks would make me call since Reward Zone Customer Care is pretty good at fixing issues but again that effort thing gets in the way so I can see why he wouldn't want to do that.

[quote name='aircobra']So instead of calling CS, you come on here and bitch about it? Makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Oh I plan on calling CS, but why should I have to call CS at all? Why can't they just do it right the first time instead of making me do extra work for something they promised me? It is just shady if you ask me. They hope people either forget or are too lazy to call and get their certs. Heck, I forgot about the certs until I saw this thread again and was like "wtf, I never did get my certs."

There's literally zero reason they can't give you the cert when you pick the game up. Amazon does it. Even Gamestop does it. It's that kind of business practice that makes me never want to order from them again, unless there's some immediate gain.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']When the weekly ad for fry's was first put up, DS3 was $50. I don't know what the hell happened, but its gone.[/QUOTE]
Fry's normally offer a lower price before the game comes out as a pre-order incentive. They bump it back up to MSRP on release date.

[quote name='Darknuke']Oh I plan on calling CS, but why should I have to call CS at all? Why can't they just do it right the first time instead of making me do extra work for something they promised me? It is just shady if you ask me. They hope people either forget or are too lazy to call and get their certs. Heck, I forgot about the certs until I saw this thread again and was like "wtf, I never did get my certs."

There's literally zero reason they can't give you the cert when you pick the game up. Amazon does it. Even Gamestop does it. It's that kind of business practice that makes me never want to order from them again, unless there's some immediate gain.[/QUOTE]

Probably so they don't have to deal with the issue of people returning the games to try to keep the cert. I believe when items with bonus gift cards are returned, they deduct the gift card from the refund, but I doubt they have their system set up to handle the same issue with certs.

You don't even have to call CS though if you don't want to. I didn't get my cert for Far Cry 3. I took 2 minutes to send them an email about it, and 2 days later got a reply that they issued the points to my account, and they would post in 24-48 hours.

[quote name='Darknuke']fuck BB RZ certs. I got Assassin's Creed 3 and Halo 4 from Best Buy and never received my $20 RZ certs. They claimed I'd get them in 4-6 weeks. It's now February and I never got an email from BB about them. I refuse to trust BB about these things unless they print the cert out AT CHECKOUT.[/QUOTE]

I'm more confused why he's expecting an email. Unless he's already called CS?

That's a pleasant surprise. I pre-ordered the night before the game came out, and gave me an expected delivery date of 2/11...AKA Monday. It arrived today, before the big snow-storm we're expecting in Boston!

[quote name='Zolor23']That's a pleasant surprise. I pre-ordered the night before the game came out, and gave me an expected delivery date of 2/11...AKA Monday. It arrived today, before the big snow-storm we're expecting in Boston![/QUOTE]

Do you have silver status and expedited shipping? Just curious I'm thinking of trying best buys free delivery and I'm trying to figure out how long past release day the games usually arrive.

So after the pre-order cancel glitch, I sent an email to customer care expressing my displeasure. Nothing scathing: this happened, I took that action, I'm Silver/GCU Member, yadda, yadda. Yesterday, not only do I receive a $20 cert, but emails from BBY stating that in order to make it right, I will be receiving the products I initially ordered, free of charge with free expedited shipping.

My Gears confirmation email came today along with a phone call from a CSR with the details. :applause:

So, wait, they give you 20 bucks for free for a glitch and you still were upset and got the game for free along with with 20?

Seems pretty shady IMO. They already made it up to you and its not like you couldn't just put in another pre-order again.

I hope you some how don't get the 20 cert that goes with pre-ordering as well.

[quote name='sjc1279']Are they taking preorders for The Last of Us Survival Edition? I couldn't find Survival Edition on the preorder kiosk at my bestbuy.[/QUOTE]As of now, not yet; htz asked a BBY rep whether BBY would be getting the Survival Edition and the response was basically "not sure yet, stay tuned".

[quote name='Deader2818']So, wait, they give you 20 bucks for free for a glitch and you still were upset and got the game for free along with with 20?

Seems pretty shady IMO. They already made it up to you and its not like you couldn't just put in another pre-order again.

I hope you some how don't get the 20 cert that goes with pre-ordering as well.[/QUOTE]

No, but thanks for being bitter, jag.

When I spoke to the CSR, she told me of the plan to issue $10 certs to everyone affected. After I spoke to her, I sent my email. That was two days ago. Yesterday is when the make goods happened. Concurrently.

So perhaps I was unclear as to the chain of events, but you're still a douche.

[quote name='Darknuke']Oh I plan on calling CS, but why should I have to call CS at all? Why can't they just do it right the first time instead of making me do extra work for something they promised me? It is just shady if you ask me. They hope people either forget or are too lazy to call and get their certs. Heck, I forgot about the certs until I saw this thread again and was like "wtf, I never did get my certs."

There's literally zero reason they can't give you the cert when you pick the game up. Amazon does it. Even Gamestop does it. It's that kind of business practice that makes me never want to order from them again, unless there's some immediate gain.[/QUOTE]Makes perfect sense you can thank the idiots who really thought they'd be able to buy a game that comes withe a $20 instant GC & then come back later & return the game(for full price) & keep the free $20 GC. Obviously, when they didn't give the GC back the PC just tok $20 off the $60 return price but this screwed them up as this depletes stock for people who actually wanted to buy & keep the game.

I have offered a better strategy for BB which would be instant RZ certs, I'd guess they may start it as a silver perk but maybe not
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/New-BestBuy-MMM-club-Movies-Music-Media/idi-p/540236

[quote name='camwil']question how can pm with sam club rising for 54 and still get 20 promo....thanks[/QUOTE]There's 3 ways
1-show them the link on your smartphone(the store can call to confirm price/stock)
2-Take a pic of the shelf tag in Sam's club & show that to the store for a pm
3-Worse case scenario: Buy it at Sam's club & bring the receipt to BB as proof of price/stock.
Since this would be done during the initial purchase there's no way it would interfere with the $20 promo. If done post purchase make sure the CSR does a "price match" or "price adjustment" & not a eturn/rebuy otherwise you'll have to call to get it fixed.

If you purchased online you must call CS & have them look it up & match.

[quote name='chaoslaw']if i pick up ds3 tomorrow, will i have up to and including, 03/10/2013 to pm? Trying to get that last sunday in there.[/quote]3/11

[quote name='kelo360']Do you have silver status and expedited shipping? Just curious I'm thinking of trying best buys free delivery and I'm trying to figure out how long past release day the games usually arrive.[/QUOTE]

Nope, free standard shipping. So, you should get it the week of release (either Thurs or Fri) if the game launches on a Tuesday.

It shipped from Tennessee, if you're wondering.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Sorry, I meant tomorrow as in the morning. If I pick it up 02/08/2013, I have until...?[/QUOTE]3/10/13, as you suspected.

Picked up my pre-order for DS3 on Wednesday, but the points still aren't showing up as processing? How long does it normally take? Tks

[quote name='OGHowie']Picked up my pre-order for DS3 on Wednesday, but the points still aren't showing up as processing? How long does it normally take? Tks[/QUOTE]

Be patient. Your points will post. After 35-40 days you can call CS if they haven't.

Also from what I understand during February there is always a long delay.

I always thought the price match policy included the day you bought the item as day 1, which would be Saturday, 3/9. According to previous posts, looks like I am wrong and will pick it up tonight.

So if I understand correctly, if you do this preorder bonus for the $20 gift card, you are still able to price match the game to competitors and still receive the gift card.

Is this correct? Sorry, this is my first time doing this BBY preorder promotion. I read through some of the posts in this thread but not all of them and could not find the answer to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back