Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dund3r']That would work, yes, but if you are preordering a game from this promo with the $20 certificate offer you would lose that by doing the return with the original receipt.

Edit: dammit cancerman beat me, haha[/QUOTE]

If its $40 or even $45 what does that matter? That's in regards to Laing the $20 cert.

Sorry if this has been answered before but does anyone know if you can pre-order two copies of the same game and get a $20 cert for each of them?

[quote name='Ahkward']Sorry if this has been answered before but does anyone know if you can pre-order two copies of the same game and get a $20 cert for each of them?[/QUOTE]

Only one $20 cert per person regardless of buying games for each system or multiples for one.

[quote name='therealdanhill']But if you got the cert in 30 days and used it, and the window is 60 days I thought wouldn't you still have it?[/QUOTE]

Well they would (should) deduct 1000 points from your account which may leave you in the negative. There is not a lot of info on this happening though since people either don't do it or have not said what happens.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Even though I am silver I decided I am not going to mess around with the price match. [/QUOTE]

We had a good run man.

PMing shouldn't effect the RZ coupons right? And I didn't see the GS had DS3 for $40. That Kmart price of $40.49 is going to kill me.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Don't really need crysis 3 but preordered it anyway hopefully will get to 39.99 pm[/QUOTE]
saw the gameplay/walkthrough of crysis 3, looks very average, and the gun sounds like BB gun, LOL

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Don't really need crysis 3 but preordered it anyway hopefully will get to 39.99 pm[/QUOTE]

Agreed and I preordered it for the free Crysis 1 download since I never played it.

I have enough on my plate with trying to finish my DS3 review and then working on MGR.

[quote name='lwhitit']We had a good run man.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I will still use BBY for price matching deals but at this point I saw an opportunity to simplify my spring buys and did it. Even if it costs me $3-4 more a game not having to keep up with prices, driving back and forth, and waiting on certs it will be worth it. There are really only 2 games this spring I want day 1 (Infinite and Last of US) so the rest I will just wait on a price drop.

[quote name='woz3323']Just do it... You want to play it.[/QUOTE]

But then I don't want to puke on it and on my PS3 if its godawful, also selling (in this case) will be a pain even at discount :cry:

I totally forgot to pre-order Crysis 3. It still says pre-order, but I'm not even psyched to play it or anything, so I'll pass. Haven't played Crysis 1 or 2, so I'll wait until the third goes down to $20 or so. DS3 was probably my last pre-order, since the new policy kicks in before any other game comes out.

1st MGR:R review

IGN 8.5/10
Destructoid 9/10
Polygon 9/10
Eurogamer 9/10
Gameinformer 7.75/10
Edge 7/10
Official Xbox Magazine 7.5/10
EGM 8/10 (same guy that gave Aliens a 9)
Xbox360acheivements 8.5/10

I really thought this game was going to be a disaster. Very happy to see I was wrong.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Cause you essentially can have as many memberships as you want. Thus making the deal a little sweeter for those that need multiple copies.[/QUOTE]

That means paying for gamers zone unlocked as many times as you want. which sucks and kills the point.

[quote name='cancerman1120']1st MGR:R review

IGN 8.5/10
Destructoid 9/10
Polygon 9/10
Eurogamer 9/10
Gameinformer 7.75/10
Edge 7/10

I really thought this game was going to be a disaster. Very happy to see I was wrong.[/QUOTE]

Time to pre-order! :applause:

Ty good sir :booty:

[quote name='RenoVatio']That means paying for gamers zone unlocked as many times as you want. which sucks and kills the point.[/QUOTE]

not really.. i have 3 gamers club unlocked memberships, it pays off if you're buying multiple of different games.

IGN 8.5/10
Destructoid 9/10
Polygon 9/10
Eurogamer 9/10
Gameinformer 7.75/10
Edge 7/10

I really thought this game was going to be a disaster. Very happy to see I was wrong.[/QUOTE]
crysis 3 is the one that is most likely going to flop between the two

[quote name='YBX87']crysis 3 is the one that is most likely going to flop between the two[/QUOTE]

Yeah I starting to think I might rent it from Redbox instead and move my pre-order over to Tomb Raider. I was hoping the reviews were getting released right now also.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']not really.. i have 3 gamers club unlocked memberships, it pays off if you're buying multiple of different games.[/QUOTE]

There diff is value in GC unlocked, btwn the $20 pre-orders and the $5-15 games each month (with the coupons from the magizine) and 10% extra trade-in credit (10% off pre-owned too), the member ship pays for itself easily. Only regret is not paying another $15 in advance so I don't lose the paper magazine :cry:

[quote name='YBX87']now the real question, is the mgs:R limited edition going to skyrocket in price, and be hard to find.[/QUOTE]

I just want the lamp :lol:

[quote name='etcrane']This is a silly question, but if I order MGS for in-store pick up right now, would I still qualify for the $20?[/QUOTE]

360 still says pre-order so maybe?

[quote name='etcrane']This is a silly question, but if I order MGS for in-store pick up right now, would I still qualify for the $20?[/QUOTE]
the answer is no, because the preorder period has already ended, and the game is already released. the limited edition is allow to be shipped to store.

Hmm, I'll wait it out then. The game looks good but I'll grab it when it hits $30ish, shouldn't be too long since it's taking some heat for being on the shorter side.

[quote name='cancerman1120']360 still says pre-order so maybe?[/QUOTE]
I'm leaning toward no cause the pre-order bonus has been removed already if you try adding to cart.

[quote name='YBX87']the answer is no, because the preorder period has already ended, and the game is already released. the limited edition is allow to be shipped to store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='htz']I'm leaning toward no cause the pre-order bonus has been removed already if you try adding to cart.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I see that now.

IGN 8.5/10
Destructoid 9/10
Polygon 9/10
Eurogamer 9/10
Gameinformer 7.75/10
Edge 7/10

Well that seems to be on par with that review someone posted in the blog section... Kind of... Still shall see for myself!

Starting to get a bit concerned about my Ni No Kuni and Dead Space 3 PMs I did the other day. Still haven't received an email saying credit was applied to my order. When I did one for Far Cry 3, I got the email the same day.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']so amazon has dead space 3 for $39.99 can we PM to bestbuy? or did they stop doing PMs already?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this as well.

[quote name='yedgee']I'm wondering this as well.[/QUOTE]

People are having problems PMing if it is an online order, but in-store experience is still the same. No problems price matching DS3 in store.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']fucking Predisents's Day. BB shipped my MGRR on Friday, so it probably would have gotten here today had it not been for the holiday yesterday :no:[/QUOTE]

Shipped out last night for me and scheduled for delivery today before 3pm. ;)

Pays to be Silver sometimes cause Expedited shipping is only $2.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Would if I could, but there's no chance I'm ever coming close to spending $2,500 in a year at BB.[/QUOTE]

They usually have promo's to get in without spending that much.

Last year I got in for Upgrading my phone thru BB. Just so happened to run concurrently with the iPhone 5 release.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Shipped out last night for me and scheduled for delivery today before 3pm. ;)

Pays to be Silver sometimes cause Expedited shipping is only $2.[/QUOTE]

I ordered both Crysis 3 and MGRR last week with free expedited shipping as a Silver member. I didn't get notice that they shipped until yesterday and they won't be here until tomorrow. Doesn't bother me because they are for other people, but it seems to me that the holiday delayed my order.

[quote name='Killbomb']Starting to get a bit concerned about my Ni No Kuni and Dead Space 3 PMs I did the other day. Still haven't received an email saying credit was applied to my order. When I did one for Far Cry 3, I got the email the same day.[/QUOTE]

Juat look up your Far Cry 3 order under your BB..com account. You'll notice a credit in the amount of your PM under the subtotals. Do the same process for your new orders. Or just wait on your credit card activity online.

[quote name='Donut2922']Can anybody confirm for me that the Metal Gear Rising Revengeance BB preorder DLC is not packed inside the game case? TIA.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing in the MGRR cases, just the manual and an advert for an upcoming Konami loyalty program (similar to SquareEnix's, I think)/15% off Metal Gear clothing from the Konami shop.

My shipped copy just had the pre-order code turn up in my email.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']There's nothing in the MGRR cases, just the manual and an advert for an upcoming Konami loyalty program (similar to SquareEnix's, I think)/15% off Metal Gear clothing from the Konami shop.

My shipped copy just had the pre-order code turn up in my email.[/QUOTE]

Same. 10:49 AM

Looks like Crysis 3 is going to end up about at 8/10 which means I can wait. Not a bad score but with a 5-6 hour campaign I can rent and wait for a price drop for the mp. Going to move that money over to Tomb Raider now...crosses fingers.

For the MGR Best Buy DLC if you preorder in-store there'll be a code on your receipt, if you preordered online it'll be emailed to you within 24 hours. I actually just got my DLC code after picking up my game 20 minutes ago!

[quote name='Sharkey1337']For the MGR Best Buy DLC if you preorder in-store there'll be a code on your receipt, if you preordered online it'll be emailed to you within 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes. When I picked up RE6 in store it was emailed to me. I think it goes either way.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']There's nothing in the MGRR cases, just the manual and an advert for an upcoming Konami loyalty program (similar to SquareEnix's, I think)/15% off Metal Gear clothing from the Konami shop.

My shipped copy just had the pre-order code turn up in my email.[/QUOTE]

Thanks CG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back