Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shady520']I had a lady take care of it immediately yesterday, I think they are stalling to the 3rd so they can point and say they do not do it anymore so that they do not have to work/loose money.[/QUOTE]

Mine was an online purchase, so she said she had to process it. Truthful?

[quote name='kylerg']Mine was an online purchase, so she said she had to process it. Truthful?[/QUOTE]

Mine was online in store pick up, don't think they need to process it unless they need to reissue you a gift card back (maybe rewardzone points too), which they then need to open a case with the gift card department to send you one. If they do that though they tend to give you a case number and tell you so.

[quote name='kylerg']I paid with $55 in RWZ. They gave me no case number.[/QUOTE]

If you didn't get an email saying credit was applied, then call back. You'll never get the PM otherwise. I bet you talked to the same rep I did on Sunday...lol.

[quote name='PhyziX']Thanks. I'll def. keep an eye out on this site. Right now lookin' for the best deal to acquire RE6, MGS HD & ZoE HD for cheap, got a b2g1 new for bbuy, & b2g1 used for bbuy (39.99 under each) & gstop (54.99 under each). Got the bbuy promo's for gz unlocked welcome & renewing power up pro @ gstop.[/QUOTE]You missed deals on RE6 for $25 or less already but I'd expect a @gamer coupon for that anyways. ZOE HD is 50% at one of my local BB's along with pretty much all 2012 titles MSRP'd $50-$60 like Dragons dogma, Persona 4 Arena, both 007 games, Ridge Racer Unbounded, Sonic Generations & Amazing Spider-man. For MGS I'd say look for a pm around $20.

[quote name='knight19']I pre-ordered the CEs of Tomb Raider and God of War in-store for in-store pickup. If they aren't there on release date when I go to pick them up, what is likely to happen? I can't imagine they're going to offer me anything other than a refund for my deposit...[/QUOTE]Pays to be a loyal shopper & know the CSR/game reps. My main BB sold my DS2 CE pre-order I was getting it on a Sat. so I though oh well just get the reg. for the $20. But the CSR looked it up & 3 other stores had them but it was close to closing & I'd never make it back. So she wrote deduct $20 or $25 off on the pre-order receipt so when I came back from the other store she did a pm the took of the $20 or $25(don't remember which).
Phone CS may issue $10-$20 "customer satisfaction" pts for the error if you have no luck getting the discount and/or game.

[quote name='knight19']Anyone have any feedback on this, re: pre-ordering a CE that wasn't there on release day and what options you have for the best outcome?[/QUOTE]^^^^

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I've tried dozens of times at the bestbuys around me and they have never let me pm a gift card deal.. I think it's very rare for someone to get this to work

Also they have no problem letting big purchases go out the door when they are going to have a loss on the purchase[/QUOTE]Again, you must not have been paying attention to the previous TRU threads 2 for $70, 2 for $60 buy 2 $60 games get a $50 GC all of which were full of peole who'd got BB & Walmart to match.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/tags.php?tag=toys+r+us
I believe the 2 for deals had select titles but I had no issue getting any games even ones not in the ad since I was buying $400-$500 worth of games. I generally goto the BB that has a TRU in the same shopping center, I confirm stock via cell phone picks & show the cash at CS. I've had several managers say flat out I'm not going to let you go next door & spend $300+ at the competition. I frequent several BB's but I called the 5 outta state ones that I shop less frequently at & 4 of the 5 said just bring in proof & they take care of it. The other one had a rep/manager that I could tell would screw up the pm but this generally nets crazy results...Hitman absolution was marked to $10 & they sold me a $50 BB GC. I also doesn't help that sometimes math can be "hard" for them.

[quote name='Dund3r']Hmm....all that being said, it still sounds highly YMMV to me. Also don't think it will work for those of us (like me) that did online orders. The fine print on the GC offer says it is in store only. Maybe I'll give it a try anyway.[/QUOTE]Online your screwed you have no options which is why I purchase in-store the consistant $20 pm's more thhan cover the cost of gas.

[quote name='bojay1997']Perhaps they should, especially in a situation like this where the deal will cost Best Buy money and which results in no profit on the transaction. As others have pointed out, Best Buy matching this GC deal is highly YMMV and given their recent tightening of the price match and return policies, you can expect more likely than not that local stores are going to be very hesitant to match deals like this in the future.[/QUOTE]
I think it comes down to people not being good at haggling/bartering. Just the way in which you go about it can determine if you get the exception. Even the manager than I saw said "we don't usually match GC deals". I told him I know but I'd rather spend the $120 here than at TRU & I also dropped that I'm Silver & a paid GCU member. He wanted to see the ad show I shoed him on their PC & while he looked I made small talk explaining that $40 in TRU does me no good since I don't have kids so diapers & toys aren't useful & their games are overpriced w/o a price protection. I had 1 bag full of movies & 2 games in another already so it was easy for him to see I wa a loyal BB shopper & that was it. Matched in 3 minutes took longer for the manager to get to CS(5 minutes).

All the trips in store doing pm's & general shopping allows one to build a friendship with the staff also which pays dividends in the short/long term. And it never made sense for me to buy on AMZ to save $2-$3 knowing that $10-$30 + tax was a sure thing. With the changes thee only thing that really changes for me is that I won't buy day 1 even with promos, I'll just wait for the best deal to pm like the TRU ones, this deal has gotten me exactly what I wanted to spend on day 1 so everything else is gravy.

Calling the 1-888 CS number to try to get my 1000 RZ points for DS3 = no luck. She said that the points will go in after 30-35 days. If not... call back. *my goodness*

[quote name='Methoes']Calling the 1-888 CS number to try to get my 1000 RZ points for DS3 = no luck. She said that the points will go in after 30-35 days. If not... call back. *my goodness*[/QUOTE]

yeah.. that's the official rules anyway right? So why bother getting upset about it.

[quote name='Methoes']Calling the 1-888 CS number to try to get my 1000 RZ points for DS3 = no luck. She said that the points will go in after 30-35 days. If not... call back. *my goodness*[/QUOTE]
It has always been 30-35 days to get the 1,000 RZ points. In the past only premiere silver members got them early, probably due to a glitch which Best Buy has fixed I assume.

I wish I got reps that actually know the official terms whenever I call. I've been told only Silver members can PM within 30 days despite my orders being within 30 days AND being a Silver member.

I just signed up for gamer unlocked. How complicated is the process to get $20 back and PM? wonder if paying $15 for this is worth it

Does anyone have Dead Space 3 atleast pending to their account yet? Mine still hasnt shown up and delay was supposed to end today. I know you have to wait 30 days for the points to convert but I am still missing it from my purchases. My preorder isnt even listed even though my buddy's account atlest shows his preorder and we did it at the same time.

[quote name='DE_Mike']Does anyone have Dead Space 3 atleast pending to their account yet? Mine still hasnt shown up and delay was supposed to end today. I know you have to wait 30 days for the points to convert but I am still missing it from my purchases. My preorder isnt even listed even though my buddy's account atlest shows his preorder and we did it at the same time.[/QUOTE]I'd wait to panic until at least tomorrow, after the delays should be done.

are you not able to pricematch something that you used RZ certs on? I'm trying to PM GS's dead space price and I used 45 bucks of certs and paid 15 and they're giving me some BS about not doing it

Bought the MGR Limited Edition on release. As per the OP and simply to clarify for my own reassurance, the LE qualifies for the $20, yes? I'd hope it shows up in the month it's supposed to take.

Game is great by the way.

[quote name='keyweez360']Bought the MGR Limited Edition on release. As per the OP and simply to clarify for my own reassurance, the LE qualifies for the $20, yes? I'd hope it shows up in the month it's supposed to take.

Game is great by the way.[/QUOTE]

We are gonna have to wait and see on this one. I am in the same boat -- kind of.

I called CS before placing the order. They fronted me a $20 RZC for Customer Satisfaction, expecting it not to be part of the promo.

However, I will anxious to see if I do turn out another RZC from that single game.

Enuf, if ya read this give us the scoop on what's going on with price matching! Crazy how many people are having issues now.

Everybody should go post in unboxed, cite their own terms when you do! This is really frustrating. My dead space 3 certs are also not even pending.

[quote name='DE_Mike']Does anyone have Dead Space 3 atleast pending to their account yet? Mine still hasnt shown up and delay was supposed to end today. I know you have to wait 30 days for the points to convert but I am still missing it from my purchases. My preorder isnt even listed even though my buddy's account atlest shows his preorder and we did it at the same time.[/QUOTE]

My DS3 points are pending but i dont see the points for the RZ $20 Certificate pending

[quote name='keyweez360']Bought the MGR Limited Edition on release. As per the OP and simply to clarify for my own reassurance, the LE qualifies for the $20, yes? I'd hope it shows up in the month it's supposed to take.

Game is great by the way.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it should count, I was worried about it at first too since there was no clarification anywhere that the LE was included. But the Pre-Order pamphlet confirms this, along with this thread:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Metal-Gear-Rising-Revengeance-Preorder-Codes/td-p/657357

Wait till tomorrow to cause a fuss, then if still nothing, point out you know it takes 30 day's to clear but they aren't even PENDING, as if the promotion NEVER EXISTED.

Yeah David or whoever mentioned seeing about getting the victory can be preordered blurb added to the LE's and CE's too earlier today.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Enuf, if ya read this give us the scoop on what's going on with price matching! Crazy how many people are having issues now.

Everybody should go post in unboxed, cite their own terms when you do! This is really frustrating. My dead space 3 certs are also not even pending.[/QUOTE]

you do realize it takes them 3-5 days to respond on the bby forum, right? LOL

[quote name='YBX87']you do realize it takes them 3-5 days to respond on the bby forum, right? LOL[/QUOTE]

You do realize that's not true, right? LOL

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You do realize that's not true, right? LOL[/QUOTE]

so you are telling me I can go post on bby forum right now, and within a hour i will get a reponse?

[quote name='YBX87']so you are telling me I can go post on bby forum right now, and within a hour i will get a response?[/QUOTE]
I would guess that rarely happens, the response time varies from hours to weeks. I posted last year and it took about 2 weeks for a response.

My Dead Space 3 points posted onto my account already but nothing for the $20 RZ Certificate. They owe me a $5 RZ Certificate from a Price Match where those points didn't post back to my account either. The whole system is just awful at doing what its supposed to do it seems.

[quote name='Hemi']Wait till tomorrow to cause a fuss, then if still nothing, point out you know it takes 30 day's to clear but they aren't even PENDING, as if the promotion NEVER EXISTED.[/QUOTE]

i've done this is the past with past $20 deals and the CS reps don't care if they are pending or not, they will tell you to wait 30 days, it's frustrating.

They clowned it up.

Got an email tonight.
They put $5 back on Paypal (I paid $5 with PP, and $55 with RWZ)
and it says I have almost $9 allowance? I can't find an allowance listed anywhere, and how does 5+9 = $20?

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Well Dead Space 3 is on sale this week at Best Buy for $49.99, guess I'll just PM for $10 back, was hoping for $39.99 price. =P[/QUOTE]

It's still $39.99 at Gamestop until Tuesday I believe. Going to try to PM that price before then but just go with BB's $49.99 if they give me any grief.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']i'm fine with waiting 30-35 days for the 1,000 points, but they need to have them pending so i can stop worrying about it.[/QUOTE]

This, I don't mind the wait, but I'd really appreciate knowing that it counted towards the promotion since I don't see the points pending yet.

It's groundhog day again! More bitching.

Dead Space 3 release date: 2/5/13
Today's date: 2/24/13
19 != 30/35.
Why is this concept so hard for people to understand...

Pending does not mean you will get your points any faster so stop eyeing your account. You are just making it worse on yourself and bitching here doesn't help.

As for RZ points returning to your account...
Your PM has to show up on your account in order for the points to return. In the past, this could take up to 5 days to show and this is instantly done (i.e. it doesn't pend for 30/35). Do note as posted on the reward zone site...
"Why are my recent transactions not showing up yet?
Between 2/3 and 2/23, new transactions will take longer to appear in your account. This is part of year-end account and system maintenance. During this time, you may still issue certificates if you have enough points available. No new transactions and/or points will be reflected in your account until after 2/23. "

[quote name='lordopus99']It's groundhog day again! More bitching.

Dead Space 3 release date: 2/5/13
Today's date: 2/24/13
19 != 30/35.
Do note as posted on the reward zone site...
"Why are my recent transactions not showing up yet?
Between 2/3 and 2/23, new transactions will take longer to appear in your account. This is part of year-end account and system maintenance. During this time, you may still issue certificates if you have enough points available. No new transactions and/or points will be reflected in your account until after 2/23. "[/QUOTE]

As you see what you quoted from the website is also old news. Considering today is the 24th. It is also Sunday but we shall see. Not freaking out about my RZC not pending. It's not like a simple phone call won't fix it.

[quote name='StryderOmega']As you see what you quoted from the website is also old news. Considering today is the 24th. It is also Sunday but we shall see. Not freaking out about my RZC not pending. It's not like a simple phone call won't fix it.[/QUOTE]
The bitching is from previous days, which fall within the range. Calendars are not your forte. Yes today is Sunday (the day after the range given)... Do you really think they were going to update it on Sunday... Dream on.

Your "simple phone call" ties up the lines for people with real issues i.e. not someone who is impatient. I didn't realize simple meant call and recall until you get the right CSR or escalate up the chain to get someone to just give in to shut you up. And you wonder why Best Buy is slowly dying...

[quote name='lordopus99']The bitching is from previous days, which fall within the range. Calendars are not your forte. Yes today is Sunday (the day after the range given)... Do you really think they were going to update it on Sunday... Dream on.

Your "simple phone call" ties up the lines for people with real issues i.e. not someone who is impatient. I didn't realize simple meant call and recall until you get the right CSR or escalate up the chain to get someone to just give in to shut you up. And you wonder why Best Buy is slowly dying...[/QUOTE]

Vicious statements there. I am going to assume this is generalization remarks. However, tieing up the lines shouldn't be your problem. They have a multitude of help lines.

Anyway, I was not stating that I would be calling within the 30 day window as I have read the terms of the promo and understand it. I also understand the maintence on the RZ accounts. I don't get how Calendars are not my forte considering I understood the date and what day it was.

We all know that stuff rarely happens on a Sunday unless it is something critical.

On the other hand I do understand why people are freaking out as service on the RZ side of things has been lacking as of late. Especially with some terms of services changing.

If you don't like what people are complaining about, why bother reading? You understand what this thread is for, and about, and therefor know what it might entail. If you have no constructive criticism and are just trying to lash out, take it elsewhere.

Just my thoughts on the whole subject.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Vicious statements there. I am going to assume this is generalization remarks. However, tieing up the lines shouldn't be your problem. They have a multitude of help lines..[/QUOTE]

Actually it is. Because unless they have infinite number of CSRs, tying up the lines makes people with legit issues have to wait. And if I have a legitimate concern, I don't want to have to wait because some impatient doofus can't count to 30.

My points from Dead Space 3 finally posted.

On a side note I think I might be Premier Silver now. It says Premier Silver Status on my membership and it looks like I can "bank" points now.

( + 134 pending points )
1,000 points = $20
Issue reward certificate

I never received an email or anything about it. I think I only spent around 1000-1250 at Best Buy this year but maybe they went ahead and bumped me up.

The Metal Gear Rising pages still list the $20 RZ credit even though the game has been out for a few days. Does it still apply?

[quote name='GamerDooD']The Metal Gear Rising pages still list the $20 RZ credit even though the game has been out for a few days. Does it still apply?[/QUOTE]

This was answered before when asked about DS3.

No - because you need the pre-order deposit on the receipt for it to count.

[quote name='confoosious']Actually it is. Because unless they have infinite number of CSRs, tying up the lines makes people with legit issues have to wait. And if I have a legitimate concern, I don't want to have to wait because some impatient doofus can't count to 30.[/QUOTE]

And really? What other reason would you be calling the RZ help line (regular or silver) other to question about points? It is an honest question and people deserve to know why the points are not even pending.

[quote name='StryderOmega']This was answered before when asked about DS3.

No - because you need the pre-order deposit on the receipt for it to count.[/QUOTE]
Ok. However, I almost always order online (where the offer is still listed), pay in full and pick up in-store. I don't have to deal with a deposit and saving a receipt that way.

[quote name='StryderOmega']
And really? What other reason would you be calling the RZ help line (regular or silver) other to question about points? It is an honest question and people deserve to know why the points are not even pending.[/QUOTE]

So you actually think Best Buy has a separate call center for their RZ help line and their regular help line?

But... ok.. let's go down that route:

Sometimes when you buy stuff and you don't get credited for those points (after a reasonable amount of time has passed), you want to call in and find out there those points are. Perhaps there's a glitch in the system. Perhaps you were promised a $10 GC for some problem or another and you still haven't gotten it after you were told you would get it by a certain date. Those are the legitimate calls that have to wait because of stupid impatience.

That's a different scenario from knowing you're supposed to get your points in 30 some odd days and calling after 5/10/15/20/25/29 days to ask why you don't have it yet.

If I told you the day of the week changes at midnight, do you constantly ask where the next day is at 10pm? 11pm? 11:30pm? 11:59 pm? No, you wait for midnight like a normal person.

[quote name='confoosious']

If I told you the day of the week changes at midnight, do you constantly ask where the next day is at 10pm? 11pm? 11:30pm? 11:59 pm? No, you wait for midnight like a normal person.[/QUOTE]

Well said sir. It's getting a little old reading the same "where are my points" posts. Patience people.

[quote name='confoosious']Actually it is. Because unless they have infinite number of CSRs, tying up the lines makes people with legit issues have to wait. And if I have a legitimate concern, I don't want to have to wait because some impatient doofus can't count to 30.[/QUOTE]

then bestbuy should fix their system and have the points pending, then they don't have to have their phone lines clogged. Don't blame the people calling, blame bestbuy. It is reasonable for someone to want to make sure nothing is wrong with their preorder.

no one here is demanding their points before 30 days, we want notification that everything is fine and nothing is screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back