Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dund3r']1000 Bonus Points = $20 Best Buy Reward Zone Certificate. That's what you get for preordering games from this promo.[/QUOTE]

This. To clarify further, if you are a member of GCU and you pre-order an eligible game, you get 1000 points added to your RZ balance. The points dont show up for 30-35 days until after you pick-up the game.

[quote name='Dund3r']1000 Bonus Points = $20 Best Buy Reward Zone Certificate. That's what you get for preordering games from this promo.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! For some reason I thought it was something separate from the $20 preorder promo.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Wow... seriously. After reading the last few pages... all I can is wow. Let's try to make this simple for all you.

1. Buying vs Using GCs - Buying GCs gives you points, using GCs does not. If you use a GC as partial payment on something, you will only get points on the remainder that you paid out-of-pocket. This has been the BB policy for quite some time now.

2. Using GCs/RZ Certs on Pre-Orders - Using GCs/RZ Certs as part of a payment toward a pre-order pick-up does not void the pre-order bonus 1000 points ($20 RZ Cert). It will only reduce the amount of base points you get on the price of the game (see above for the rules).

3. Bonus 1000 Points ($20 RZ Cert) - Points typically do not show until after 30-35 days. When they do show up, they are shown as posted, not pending. If 30-35 days has not passed from the date you picked-up your game, STFU and go back to bed.[/QUOTE]

This should be on the first post. I still don't think anyone would read it but it should.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Wow... seriously. After reading the last few pages... all I can is wow. Let's try to make this simple for all you.

1. Buying vs Using GCs - Buying GCs gives you points, using GCs does not. If you use a GC as partial payment on something, you will only get points on the remainder that you paid out-of-pocket. This has been the BB policy for quite some time now.

2. Using GCs/RZ Certs on Pre-Orders - Using GCs/RZ Certs as part of a payment toward a pre-order pick-up does not void the pre-order bonus 1000 points ($20 RZ Cert). It will only reduce the amount of base points you get on the price of the game (see above for the rules).

3. Bonus 1000 Points ($20 RZ Cert) - Points typically do not show until after 30-35 days. When they do show up, they are shown as posted, not pending. If 30-35 days has not passed from the date you picked-up your game, STFU and go back to bed.[/QUOTE]

Overall I agree 100%, but when my store tells me I should call and I call just to ask what is going on and instead of being told "Just wait 35 days in total".

Instead I am told "no you will not be getting them because you used a gift card and the other 5 times you got the 1000 points last year from the same promo was a mistake and you should not have gotten them" from 2 normal Premiere Silver Reps and a Premiere Silver Supervisor. It stops becoming an issue about the $20, but about how I was treated and about how screwed up their employees can be.

[quote name='shurija']Tomb Raider reviews are starting to come out....and they look good. Just more reason for me to look forward to this game!![/QUOTE]
Was just going to say this, only watched two on my drive to work.
IGN loved it, Machinima hated it.

[quote name='nuuuuj']

last year 1000 points showed up as pending a few days after the transaction. So yes people can complain if they're not showing as pending. Bestbuy should give some notification that the promotion is working instead of making us wait 30 days to tell us we're out of luck

[quote name='TooPoor']Was just going to say this, only watched two on my drive to work.
IGN loved it, Machinima hated it.[/QUOTE]IGN isn't the only place liking/loving it:

Destructoid - 8.5/10
Game Informer - 9.25/10
Gamespot - 8.5/10
Gametrailers - 8.5/10
Polygon - 9/10
Eurogamer - 8/10
OPM - 8/10
OXM - 8/10
Official Xbox Magazine US - 8.5/10
CVG - 9/10

I might just have to drop by my BBY tonight or later this week to place a preorder. The only question is: Which system...? :360: for the timed exclusive(s) or :ps3: for the free multiplayer (which I'd play primarily for trophies)? :whistle2:k Eh, I'll probably go with :ps3: just because. :razz:

[quote name='jrr6415sun']last year 1000 points showed up as pending a few days after the transaction. So yes people can complain if they're not showing as pending. Bestbuy should give some notification that the promotion is working instead of making us wait 30 days to tell us we're out of luck[/QUOTE]
Shit like this is really getting tiresome. Get some patience or shop somewhere else as this is no reason to complain.

[quote name='Vigilante']IGN isn't the only place liking/loving it:

Destructoid - 8.5/10
Game Informer - 9.25/10
Gamespot - 8.5/10
Gametrailers - 8.5/10
Polygon - 9/10
Eurogamer - 8/10
OPM - 8/10
OXM - 8/10
Official Xbox Magazine US - 8.5/10
CVG - 9/10

I might just have to drop by my BBY tonight or later this week to place a preorder. The only question is: Which system...? :360: for the timed exclusive(s) or :ps3: for the free multiplayer (which I'd play primarily for trophies)? :whistle2:k Eh, I'll probably go with :ps3: just because. :razz:[/QUOTE]
Haven't seen others yet, will do so when I get off work. Do we have any comparison with the :pc: version?

[quote name='TooPoor']Haven't seen others yet, will do so when I get off work. Do we have any comparison with the :pc: version?[/QUOTE]I'm not sure, but I think CVG stands for Computer Video Games, so maybe that score's for the :pc: version?

Here's a few more:

The Escapist - 10/10
Digital Spy - 5/5
Cheat Code Central - 4.4/5
EGM - 8/10
GamesFadar - 4.5/5

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Instead I am told "no you will not be getting them because you used a gift card and the other 5 times you got the 1000 points last year from the same promo was a mistake and you should not have gotten them" from 2 normal Premiere Silver Reps and a Premiere Silver Supervisor. It stops becoming an issue about the $20, but about how I was treated and about how screwed up their employees can be.[/QUOTE]

Understood, but that is a customer service issue, not a promotion issue. Posting about it here and associating it with the promotion accomplishes nothing except to confuse the shit out of people.

[quote name='nuuuuj']This. To clarify further, if you are a member of GCU and you pre-order an eligible game, you get 1000 points added to your RZ balance. The points dont show up for 30-35 days until after you pick-up the game.[/QUOTE]

GO BACK TO YOUR POINT'S AND PURCHASES RIGHT NOW!!! Tied to your game purchases last year, you will see Victory Can Be Preordered in the points earned section. We aren't expecting them INSTANTLY we KNOW we need to wait 30-35 days. But when UNLIKE EVERY TIME BEFORE it doesn't even show the 1000 as PENDING that worries us!!! We want a solid answer as to WHY this is! Otherwise we feel if we wait till this time in march and NOTHING SHOWS we will be SOL and told we shoulda contacted them sooner, LOT's of games are coming out in march and we need those Cert's...

[quote name='Vigilante']The only question is: Which system...? :360: for the timed exclusive(s) or :ps3: for the free multiplayer (which I'd play primarily for trophies)? :whistle2:k Eh, I'll probably go with :ps3: just because. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Whichever controller you like better. I wouldn't get it on a specific system just for the MP though.

[quote name='Vigilante']
I might just have to drop by my BBY tonight or later this week to place a preorder. The only question is: Which system...? for the timed exclusive(s) or for the free multiplayer (which I'd play primarily for trophies)? Eh, I'll probably go with just because. [/QUOTE]

I love how ppl refer to ps3 not costing anything when they also sign up for PS+ "DURR IT'S NOT THE SAME!!!" (It is...) and either way XBL 12 month's end up like less then a dollar a week if you get them on sale.

[quote name='Hemi']I love how ppl refer to ps3 not costing anything when they also sign up for PS+ "DURR IT'S NOT THE SAME!!!" (It is...) and either way XBL 12 month's end up like less then a dollar a week if you get them on sale.[/QUOTE]

You need to sign up and pay for ps+ to access multiplayer, netflix, facebook, ect? I did not know that. :roll:

[quote name='aircobra']Whichever controller you like better. I wouldn't get it on a specific system just for the MP though.[/QUOTE]Yeah, but the completionist in me would at least like the opportunity to get 100% completion and that's likelier with the :ps3: version since I don't pay for Live.

It would likely feel nice to use the :360: controller, though; then I could basically play an Uncharted-esque game on a system that hasn't had its like until now.

[quote name='Hemi']GO BACK TO YOUR POINT'S AND PURCHASES RIGHT NOW!!! Tied to your game purchases last year, you will see Victory Can Be Preordered in the points earned section. We aren't expecting them INSTANTLY we KNOW we need to wait 30-35 days. But when UNLIKE EVERY TIME BEFORE it doesn't even show the 1000 as PENDING that worries us!!! We want a solid answer as to WHY this is! Otherwise we feel if we wait till this time in march and NOTHING SHOWS we will be SOL and told we shoulda contacted them sooner, LOT's of games are coming out in march and we need those Cert's...[/QUOTE]

First, relax with the caps. Second, you don't have to explain the promo to me, trust me. Third, you're wrong about the every time before showing up as pending, that only started in the later part of last year.

Now, what's the worst that can happen if/when they don't post. You call CS and ask for your points. You have the proof in your purchase history, they wont/cant argue it. As someone just posted, coming into this damn thread every day and seeing 40-50 posts every time with people whining about something that isn't going to happen for another two weeks (Dead Space 3 is first of course) is ridiculous.

If it doesn't happen after 30-35 days, then you can whine/bitch/moan all you want, and trust me, I'll be right there with you (I bought DS3, Crysis and MGR, with plans for every other game except South Park). Until then, BB doesn't have to explain shit as their promo hasn't been proven to not be working.

Patience... is a good thing.

[quote name='Vigilante']Yeah, but the completionist in me would at least like the opportunity to get 100% completion and that's likelier with the :ps3: version since I don't pay for Live.

It would likely feel nice to use the :360: controller, though; then I could basically play an Uncharted-esque game on a system that hasn't had its like until now.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that generally, mp dies out quicker on PS3 than 360.

You guys must go borderline insane when you do mail in rebates, since that takes 2 months+ and there are no indication of your current status whatsoever.

[quote name='Hemi']GO BACK TO YOUR POINT'S AND PURCHASES RIGHT NOW!!! Tied to your game purchases last year, you will see Victory Can Be Preordered in the points earned section. We aren't expecting them INSTANTLY we KNOW we need to wait 30-35 days. But when UNLIKE EVERY TIME BEFORE it doesn't even show the 1000 as PENDING that worries us!!! We want a solid answer as to WHY this is! Otherwise we feel if we wait till this time in march and NOTHING SHOWS we will be SOL and told we shoulda contacted them sooner, LOT's of games are coming out in march and we need those Cert's...[/QUOTE]

Things changed. Deal with it.

Them letting you know Victory Can Be Preordered LAST YEAR wasn't something they were obligated to do. I'm still waiting for the link to the T&Cs where they promise to let you know points are pending.

[quote name='TooPoor']You guys must go borderline insane when you do mail in rebates, since that takes 2 months+ and there are no indication of your current status whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='TooPoor']You guys must go borderline insane when you do mail in rebates, since that takes 2 months+ and there are no indication of your current status whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

I don't do MIR bc half the time they screw you saying they never received it etc

:applause:

[quote name='confoosious']Things changed. Deal with it.

Them letting you know Victory Can Be Preordered LAST YEAR wasn't something they were obligated to do. I'm still waiting for the link to the T&Cs where they promise to let you know points are pending.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause: Direct and to the point, as always.

[quote name='IamPro']I don't do MIR bc half the time they screw you saying they never received it etc[/QUOTE]
Which is why I always photocopy everything before I mail out and ship with tracking like I do when selling games. Only had one problem in my entire life, which is with a motherboard.

Just avoid the infamous ones such as Tigerdirect, which I hear is getting better now.

[quote name='Hemi']I love how ppl refer to ps3 not costing anything when they also sign up for PS+ "DURR IT'S NOT THE SAME!!!" (It is...) and either way XBL 12 month's end up like less then a dollar a week if you get them on sale.[/QUOTE]

Because it doesn't cost anything and PS+ is entirely optional?

[quote name='panda911']Keep in mind that generally, mp dies out quicker on PS3 than 360.[/QUOTE]

Man, do we have a bunch of Microsoft employees in here? Playing Tomb Raider's multiplayer will not cost you anything on PS3, but will on Xbox. That is a fact. What does that have to do with PS+ at all? Being as this is a site dedicated to gaming on the cheap, it makes sense that the original poster, who wants to check out the MP, will get the PS3 version since he doesn't have a gold account on Xbox. I don't see how (possibly) having more players in the future would justify having to pay more money for Gold.

[quote name='mpaullin']Man, do we have a bunch of Microsoft employees in here? Playing Tomb Raider's multiplayer will not cost you anything on PS3, but will on Xbox. That is a fact. What does that have to do with PS+ at all? Being as this is a site dedicated to gaming on the cheap, it makes sense that the original poster, who wants to check out the MP, will get the PS3 version since he doesn't have a gold account on Xbox. I don't see how (possibly) having more players in the future would justify having to pay more money for Gold.[/QUOTE]

It's relevant in the sense that for whatever reason, multiplayer tends to be much more active for longer after launch of a new title on the 360 than it is on the PS3. If you're only going to play the game for a few weeks after launch, it probably doesn't matter. If, however, you see yourself as playing it for many months afterward, the 360 is probably the better choice and you probably should pay for Gold. It annoys me to no end that people constantly bitch about paying for XBL and yet have no problem paying for cable, cell and data plans, Netflix, satellite radio and other services. Nobody is forcing you to buy and Xbox 360 or Gold. It's a service just like anything else and while Sony may not be charging for it right now, you can bet that they will on whatever their PSN equivalent becomes on PS4 simply because it's expensive to maintain a reliable gaming network infrastructure.

[quote name='bojay1997']It's relevant in the sense that for whatever reason, multiplayer tends to be much more active for longer after launch of a new title on the 360 than it is on the PS3. If you're only going to play the game for a few weeks after launch, it probably doesn't matter. If, however, you see yourself as playing it for many months afterward, the 360 is probably the better choice and you probably should pay for Gold. It annoys me to no end that people constantly bitch about paying for XBL and yet have no problem paying for cable, cell and data plans, Netflix, satellite radio and other services. Nobody is forcing you to buy and Xbox 360 or Gold. It's a service just like anything else and while Sony may not be charging for it right now, you can bet that they will on whatever their PSN equivalent becomes on PS4 simply because it's expensive to maintain a reliable gaming network infrastructure.[/QUOTE]

It's a service that charges you to gain access to services that you're already paying for or are free to use everywhere else. That's my main problem with it. Xbox gold is just one big money grab in my opinion and if the PS4 goes that route I'm out.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Looks like this thread has a case of the Mondays.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean you're not going to bitch and moan about season passes and day one DLC? Bummer.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Does that mean you're not going to bitch and moan about season passes and day one DLC? Bummer.[/QUOTE]

Someone has no sense of humor. You must be a joy to be around. And using the term bitch and moan is pretty rich coming from you.

Just received an official email about my silver status being renewed. Hopefully this is a sign that all the feb maintenance is complete. Also anyone who had sliver status randomly show up on their account receive this email?

[quote name='lwhitit']Just received an official email about my silver status being renewed. Hopefully this is a sign that all the feb maintenance is complete. Also anyone who had sliver status randomly show up on their account receive this email?[/QUOTE]

No, sir - sadly.

Just to give an update about my situation, another supervisor called me. Told me I should not have gotten the points for last years games. I showed him the official response on the forums for the 2012 promo where it states GC/RZ purchases still count and he said something to the extent of "I was not aware that existed..."

A more detailed post can be found here, near the end of page 2.

The more people who post the better off we will be, even if it's just to get an answer, since if it's got dozens of posts they can't ignore it as easily.

[quote name='lwhitit']Just received an official email about my silver status being renewed. Also anyone who had sliver status randomly show up on their account receive this email?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I saw it posted in my account already last week. I would be normally pretty happy but (sorry to keep harping on it), nerfing the PM period was one of the main benefits for me. Having 60 days to PM was amazing.

How quickly do pre-orders from bestbuy.com usually ship? I'm trying to decide to have Tomb Raider shipped or picked up. I'm silver so it'd be expedited shipping. I'll probably be too busy with SimCity on Tuesday to play, so not in a huge rush to get my copy. Just not sure if they'd wait to ship until Tuesday or would ship Monday.

[quote name='spree4567']How quickly do pre-orders from bestbuy.com usually ship? I'm trying to decide to have Tomb Raider shipped or picked up. I'm silver so it'd be expedited shipping. I'll probably be too busy with SimCity on Tuesday to play, so not in a huge rush to get my copy. Just not sure if they'd wait to ship until Tuesday or would ship Monday.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the space of not being sure if I'm actually Silver or not (it SAYS so, but you know) and I preordered the MGR LE and they shipped it on the 14th and probably would have got it on the 19th but it sat in the delivery center the next state over for 1 whole day for some odd reason. But I did get it on the 20th

[quote name='evophile']I'm in the space of not being sure if I'm actually Silver or not (it SAYS so, but you know) and I preordered the MGR LE and they shipped it on the 14th and probably would have got it on the 19th but it sat in the delivery center the next state over for 1 whole day for some odd reason. But I did get it on the 20th[/QUOTE]
If it helps, during the maintenance period I was marked as premiere Silver but checking today it's back to normal. So you may have gotten it by chance or qualifying.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']If it helps, during the maintenance period I was marked as premiere Silver but checking today it's back to normal. So you may have gotten it by chance or qualifying.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I just checked and I'm busted down to regular member. What's funny is my friend who spends waayyy less than me at Best Buy has gotten Silver two years in a row. He doesn't even know why.

On another note now that maintenance is over, should I be worried that my two latest transactions haven't appeared?

I was charged for MGR preorder on the 14th and I picked up Crysis 3 on the 19th. It's not the bonus points that are missing but the transaction just doesn't exist.

The darksiders and epic mickey I bought on the 18th show up.

I have to say this thread woke me up out of my trance. I'm a new GCU member, and I was JUST about to preorder Tomb Raider, if nothing else other than to dip my feet into the promotion pool. But I was going to use RZ certs to help get me there. The possiblty of me not getting $20 back and end up paying full price for the game (and with now no price matching ability) made me realize just how worthless this promotion has become. Honestly, someone somewhere will have this game for $39.99 real soon. There is no need to jump through hoops to hope you get 1000 points 35 days from now IF you did everything right and IF their RZ system doesn't glitch out and IF you cashier processes it the right way. Then you'll get the points long after there is a sale for a better deal and perhaps long after you've finished the game. Unless you MUST have the game on release day, no thanks. And my backlog is big enough that, no, I dont. I'll wait, thanks. MHO.

yeah i got an email about silver also.
i guess they are still including gift card purchases or flips, cuz no way i spent over $2000.
only big item i bought was a washer last year with some flip money, lol. darn adult purchases! taking away from my vidgames and toke and whatnot! lol

but yeah, what good is silver really without the 60 day price match? that was insane.
so what do we get after march 3rd, like 15 day pricematch and thats only for bestbuy ads? ugh. fail. guess im gonna get alot less day 1 purchases at bestbuy(or anywhere) this year.

[quote name='mikeda']I have to say this thread woke me up out of my trance. I'm a new GCU member, and I was JUST about to preorder Tomb Raider, if nothing else other than to dip my feet into the promotion pool. But I was going to use RZ certs to help get me there. The possiblty of me not getting $20 back and end up paying full price for the game (and with now no price matching ability) made me realize just how worthless this promotion has become. Honestly, someone somewhere will have this game for $39.99 real soon. There is no need to jump through hoops to hope you get 1000 points 35 days from now IF you did everything right and IF their RZ system doesn't glitch out and IF you cashier processes it the right way. Then you'll get the points long after there is a sale for a better deal and perhaps long after you've finished the game. Unless you MUST have the game on release day, no thanks. And my backlog is big enough that, no, I dont. I'll wait, thanks. MHO.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try and wait on tomb raider but the target steelbook might have me there on release day. Maybe targs will even match Frys 50 dollar price.

[quote name='spree4567']How quickly do pre-orders from bestbuy.com usually ship? I'm trying to decide to have Tomb Raider shipped or picked up. I'm silver so it'd be expedited shipping. I'll probably be too busy with SimCity on Tuesday to play, so not in a huge rush to get my copy. Just not sure if they'd wait to ship until Tuesday or would ship Monday.[/QUOTE]

I ordered my last 2 games for shipping. If you order early enough they ship monday. I received one game on Tuesday and the 2nd (shipped tues) on weds. They are pretty fast.

[quote name='bob330i']Yes, but I saw it posted in my account already last week. I would be normally pretty happy but (sorry to keep harping on it), nerfing the PM period was one of the main benefits for me. Having 60 days to PM was amazing.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that was the best part (by far) but it couldnt hurt to have expedited shipping when you need it (trying to think on the bright side).

[quote name='mpaullin']Man, do we have a bunch of Microsoft employees in here? Playing Tomb Raider's multiplayer will not cost you anything on PS3, but will on Xbox. That is a fact. What does that have to do with PS+ at all? Being as this is a site dedicated to gaming on the cheap, it makes sense that the original poster, who wants to check out the MP, will get the PS3 version since he doesn't have a gold account on Xbox. I don't see how (possibly) having more players in the future would justify having to pay more money for Gold.[/QUOTE]

Not to ruin your bubble of ignorance, but you're completely wrong. In the grand scheme of things, it's easier/cheaper to buy yourself a year of gold for $35 than it is to convince people to play this game on a platform where they already have 2 great versions of this style of multiplayer. Oh and you get a 14 day gold trial inside your game box, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back