Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nuuuuj']Well look at that. To quote my post from earlier for all you douches that cant get it through your fucking skulls, if it hasn't been 30-35 days since you picked up your game, STFU and go back to bed.[/QUOTE]
I know you are right as I saw your previous posts, but man does your avatar pic match your attitude. Salty Super Mario.

Lol dudes prob got veins popping out of his forehead "AH GODDAMN CAGS NEVER LISTEN TO MEEEEE HOW DARE THEY!" Lol get over it dude, really isn't that big a deal, doesn't even effect you.

[quote name='wrencrest']I know you are right as I saw your previous posts, but man does your avatar pic match your attitude. Salty Super Mario.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah. Stupidity brings out the worst in me. Asking a question once or twice is one thing, but seeing 40-50 posts a day on the same topic... nope.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Hell yeah. Stupidity brings out the worst in me. Asking a question once or twice is one thing, but seeing 40-50 posts a day on the same topic... nope.[/QUOTE]
Oh I agree. I fight myself not to respond to anything. I still do every now and then, but I try to keep it to a minimum since you cant fight or argue with crazy.

I do find it very entertaining though when you and others (confoosious, gettingmoney) respond.

[quote name='wrencrest']I know you are right as I saw your previous posts, but man does your avatar pic match your attitude. Salty Super Mario.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah. Stupidity brings out the worst in me. Asking a question once or twice is one thing, but seeing 40-50 posts a day on the same topic... nope.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Lol dudes prob got veins popping out of his forehead "AH GODDAMN CAGS NEVER LISTEN TO MEEEEE HOW DARE THEY!" Lol get over it dude, really isn't that big a deal, doesn't even effect you.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it does affect me. I have to come in here every day and slog through posts like yours. But then again, judging by your avatar pic, I understand why you don't get it, the first, second or even the third time people have explained it.

[quote name='wrencrest']I do find it very entertaining though when you and others (confoosious, gettingmoney) respond.[/QUOTE]

Glad we can provide the entertainment. But if you really want to see the fireworks, you should come play Gears with some of my XBL friends and I. I'm the quietest one of the bunch, by a lot.

well he didn't answer the question about the collector's edition versions if they still receive 1000 points

and the fact is that bestbuy should have the points pending because otherwise it is very easy to be screwed.. if i get the collector's edition, and then the points never show up, CS might tell me i'm out of luck and it's been past the return period so I can't return it.. you've seen the threads about CS not even knowing what the price match policy is so why would they treat this promotion any better?

so people have a right to complain about the points not pending

[quote name='jrr6415sun']well he didn't answer the question about the collector's edition versions if they still receive 1000 points[/QUOTE]

Read the first post, it has already been answered, officially.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']well he didn't answer the question about the collector's edition versions if they still receive 1000 points

and the fact is that bestbuy should have the points pending because otherwise it is very easy to be screwed.. if i get the collector's edition, and then the points never show up, CS might tell me i'm out of luck and it's been past the return period so I can't return it.. you've seen the threads about CS not even knowing what the price match policy is so why would they treat this promotion any better?

so people have a right to complain about the points not pending[/QUOTE]

He never needed to answer the CE question, because it has already been answered by them.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Victory-Can-Be-Pre-Ordered-2013-FAQ/td-p/659585

Does this offer apply on all editions of the game?
Absolutely! The offer is applicable on all versions of the game (e.g., special editions, collector’s editions). *This promotion is not applicable on PC versions of the game.

From what I have been told, I have not verified this myself, it also lists it in the brochure in the store as well.

[quote name='wrencrest']Oh I agree. I fight myself not to respond to anything. I still do every now and then, but I try to keep it to a minimum since you cant fight or argue with crazy.

I do find it very entertaining though when you and others (confoosious, gettingmoney) respond.[/QUOTE]

hahaha i try to hold my tongue as well these days. sometimes, you can't help it.

gettinmoney now does all the hard work for me. :D

My account seems to have 423 pending points, but I dunno from what. I don't see it on the list. /shrugs

I assume 118 of those are from Crysis 3 but the others are a mystery.

[quote name='mpaullin']Late responding to this, but how "in the grand scheme of things" is paying $35 (really $50.. but if you rush out and buy it this week its "only" 35) easier or cheaper than paying nothing? Why would you have to convince someone else to play with you??[/QUOTE]

One thing is directly in your control and one thing isn't. I'll let you figure out which is which. All I'm saying is that while I don't expect this multiplayer to be particularly active on either console, I like its chances even less on PS3 where it has to compete with Uncharted 2 mp and the Uncharted 3 mp, especially since the latter was just announced as f2p. In a few weeks' time, I like my chances of finding a game with a good connection during off-peak hours a whole hell of a lot better on 360 than PS3. And I don't know how getting to a store by Saturday night or sitting in your underwear and clicking a few buttons constitutes "rush[ing] out." FOH with that bullshit. Despite what you may read on a daily basis, the crux of this site isn't to yell at teenagers making minimum wage to get your way, but to be a smart consumer. Use your brain and have a little foresight and you'll pay less than someone who gets it at the last minute and needs it right now. I'd figure this was obvious but it seems like some posters haven't gotten to the critical thinking section of their grade school curriculum yet.

[quote name='confoosious']hahaha i try to hold my tongue as well these days. sometimes, you can't help it.

gettinmoney now does all the hard work for me. :D[/QUOTE]

It's not hard work when it's so fun.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Hell yeah. Stupidity brings out the worst in me. Asking a question once or twice is one thing, but seeing 40-50 posts a day on the same topic... nope.

Actually, it does affect me. I have to come in here every day and slog through posts like yours. But then again, judging by your avatar pic, I understand why you don't get it, the first, second or even the third time people have explained it.[/QUOTE]

And everyone else has to "slog" through you post of bitching and shitty attitude.

How the fuck do you expect people to react when they buy Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, or MGRR day 1 with no points pending yet have points pending from purchases made at a later date? Then there are some instances where it like the transaction never even exist.

Why don't you ask a mod to put the answers on the op if it "affects" you do much you little bitch.

[quote name='panda911']One thing is directly in your control and one thing isn't. I'll let you figure out which is which. All I'm saying is that while I don't expect this multiplayer to be particularly active on either console, I like its chances even less on PS3 where it has to compete with Uncharted 2 mp and the Uncharted 3 mp, especially since the latter was just announced as f2p. In a few weeks' time, I like my chances of finding a game with a good connection during off-peak hours a whole hell of a lot better on 360 than PS3. And I don't know how getting to a store by Saturday night or sitting in your underwear and clicking a few buttons constitutes "rush[ing] out." FOH with that bullshit. Despite what you may read on a daily basis, the crux of this site isn't to yell at teenagers making minimum wage to get your way, but to be a smart consumer. Use your brain and have a little foresight and you'll pay less than someone who gets it at the last minute and needs it right now. I'd figure this was obvious but it seems like some posters haven't gotten to the critical thinking section of their grade school curriculum yet.[/QUOTE]

We are both probably beating a dead horse at this point, but the simple point I was trying to make is that all things being equal, being able to play multiplayer for free whenever you want is better than having to pay $35. You seem to be making the point (based on pure hypothesis) that the Xbox community will be larger and stick around longer, and that this alone justifies reinvesting in Live. I just don't agree with that whatsoever.

And by the way, purchasing Live on a whim is just not feasible for everyone, even when discounted. I know I generally have a set budget for gaming, and this month I'll be getting Gears of War, God of War, and Bioshock during release week to take advantage of this promo. If my Live expired right now, there is no way I'd consider renewing over picking up one of those games.

[quote name='YBX87']great information, but unfortunately the posters who were complaining earlier on during previous pages will just ignore it, and continue their complaining.[/QUOTE]

I was never complaining about the points pending. The PM experience just wasn't that smooth. But they fixed it for me today.

[quote name='mpaullin']We are both probably beating a dead horse at this point, but the simple point I was trying to make is that all things being equal, being able to play multiplayer for free whenever you want is better than having to pay $35. You seem to be making the point (based on pure hypothesis) that the Xbox community will be larger and stick around longer, and that this alone justifies reinvesting in Live. I just don't agree with that whatsoever.

And by the way, purchasing Live on a whim is just not feasible for everyone, even when discounted. I know I generally have a set budget for gaming, and this month I'll be getting Gears of War, God of War, and Bioshock during release week to take advantage of this promo. If my Live expired right now, there is no way I'd consider renewing over picking up one of those games.[/QUOTE]

Well you should plan your budget accordingly.

Anyway, the features of pay to play is that people feel more obligated to use it. Therefor it is a stronger community.

Look at kind of like a MMORPG:

Free to play games have a very fluctuating community. This is because anyone can drop the game for a really long time then come back to it at any time without it costing the player a dime.

Subscription games have a more dedicated base of players because they are paying hard earned money to keep playing. Which in turn becomes a habit.

I myself delete anyone of the FL that hits Silver status. No reason to keep them on there and clogging room for other people to be on there. Not like I can game with them anyway.

As for communities lasting long for a game: it really depends on the multiplayer of the game. If it is gimmicky, it will die very quickly. If it does have a solid back bone, then yes it will survive! Take a look at CoD: game did horrible until a massive overhaul to their online multiplayer.

[quote name='Vap']And everyone else has to "slog" through you post of bitching and shitty attitude.

How the fuck do you expect people to react when they buy Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, or MGRR day 1 with no points pending yet have points pending from purchases made at a later date? Then there are some instances where it like the transaction never even exist.

Why don't you ask a mod to put the answers on the op if it "affects" you do much you little bitch.[/QUOTE]

Clearly, you are just another fucking moron who hasn't read the OP or any other post in this thread.

Anyone word on the 1000 rz points for people who got Dead Space 3? I only ask cause I already have my $20 from pm'ing the game and with God of War coming on the 12th, I was gonna preorder the game sometime next week.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Clearly, you are just another fucking moron who hasn't read the OP or any other post in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Clearly, you are just a fucking moron who couldn't comprehend my post.

[quote name='Vap']Clearly, you are just a fucking moron who couldn't comprehend my post.[/QUOTE]

Useless dribble is of no interest to me, especially since its been posted and answered multiple times. Wipe the drool off your screen, it may just help you see things a little more clearly.

[quote name='TooPoor']Damn, confooscious so fly that he has his own wannabes now?[/QUOTE]

Hey it's only fair, didn't IATCG have his own minion too?

I was going to wait for a price drop on Tomb Raider but the reviews have sold me (along with the $20 gift certificate).
My question is since I'm pre-ordering kinda late, will I still get the comic book? Or is it first come first serve? Any help would be appreciated :)

[quote name='eXiON']Hey it's only fair, didn't IATCG have his own minion too?[/QUOTE]

Whatever happened to that guy?

On topic - preordered Tomb Raider today! The reviews sold me.

[quote name='Darknuke']Really wish Defiance was on this list.[/QUOTE]the game is gonna be overshadowed but this will result in faster drops/sales.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Hell yeah. Stupidity brings out the worst in me. Asking a question once or twice is one thing, but seeing 40-50 posts a day on the same topic... nope.

Actually, it does affect me. I have to come in here every day and slog through posts like yours. But then again, judging by your avatar pic, I understand why you don't get it, the first, second or even the third time people have explained it.[/QUOTE]

Lol nobody is forcing you to post here. Poor widdle nuuuuj! I'd be frustrated all the time too if nobody cared what I thought.

Hey, by the way, show us a picture of you lol

[quote name='therealdanhill']Lol nobody is forcing you to post here. Poor widdle nuuuuj! I'd be frustrated all the time too if nobody cared what I thought.

Hey, by the way, show us a picture of you lol[/QUOTE]

So you're pretty frustrated then?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So you're pretty frustrated then?[/QUOTE]

you should read/see the rant post he had over at bby forum, about the bestbuycs Rep not wanting to pricematch his dead space 3 at gamestop, LOL

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So you're pretty frustrated then?[/QUOTE]

If I came off as frustrated I assure you it was a cognitive mistake on your part. The person I was conversing with had made a post loudly bemoaning a perceived lack of attentiveness towards the policy of best buy on behalf of our community, to which I responded with how ridiculous it was to get so frustrated with such a trivial issue with a relatively simple remedy of ignoring what made him so upset as to write about it so fervently.

Or did you not get that by reading the aforementioned interactions? Lol

[quote name='ybx87']you should read/see the rant post he had over at bby forum, about the bestbuycs rep not wanting to pricematch his dead space 3 at gamestop, lol[/quote]

lol

[quote name='therealdanhill']If I came off as frustrated I assure you it was a cognitive mistake on your part. The person I was conversing with had made a post loudly bemoaning a perceived lack of attentiveness towards the policy of best buy on behalf of our community, to which I responded with how ridiculous it was to get so frustrated with such a trivial issue with a relatively simple remedy of ignoring what made him so upset as to write about it so fervently.

Or did you not get that by reading the aforementioned interactions? Lol[/QUOTE]

Did you just buy a thesaurus or something? Anyways, I was saying you must be frustrated because you said you would be frustrated if no one cared what you thought. See what I did there? I'm pretty proud of myself too.

[quote name='YBX87']you should read/see the rant post he had over at bby forum, about the bestbuycs Rep not wanting to pricematch his dead space 3 at gamestop, LOL[/QUOTE]

In which I was trying to get answers to help other people in my situation as well? I have nothing to hide, go to unboxed, my topic is titled "couple of problems". Little weird to have people studying my activity in such detail, but of course, there is a distinct lack of heroes these days, and I suppose when called upon, one should heed the will of the commonfolk! :)

Edit: I am sure this will be cleaned up in due time, and I apologize to the moderators and community for getting off topic. If anybody wishes to discuss anything further, please use the PM system and I will respond as soon as I get the chance!

[quote name='therealdanhill']In which I was trying to get answers to help other people in my situation as well? I have nothing to hide, go to unboxed, my topic is titled "couple of problems". Little weird to have people studying my activity in such detail, but of course, there is a distinct lack of heroes these days, and I suppose when called upon, one should heed the will of the commonfolk! :)[/QUOTE]

Hero, in a kingdom of one.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Yeah I tried again, still wouldn't let me do it, said you can't retroactively PM .com orders. I don't know what is going on over there. I have little faith they will even PM their own price, as the issue seems to be more the retroactive part rather than a specific retailer.[/QUOTE]

here is a bit of it, it is just from this thread, and not even from bby forum

[quote name='therealdanhill']Enuf, if ya read this give us the scoop on what's going on with price matching! Crazy how many people are having issues now.

Everybody should go post in unboxed, cite their own terms when you do! This is really frustrating. My dead space 3 certs are also not even pending.[/QUOTE]

talking about the irony of being frustrated.

So I see that my 1000 points are now pending from DS3. Good to know! I won't get my hopes up, however.

Still a little miffed that the transaction for Crysis 3 pick up still didn't appear, but the 2 pre-orders I did that day did. I even tried the missing points thing, and it said that it has been posted to my account, so I will wait and see if it magically appears. (Probably not, just like my iPhone transaction last year.)

Really hope to not have to deal with e-mailing someone to fix it, since they talk in circles....

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I was going to wait for a price drop on Tomb Raider but the reviews have sold me (along with the $20 gift certificate).
My question is since I'm pre-ordering kinda late, will I still get the comic book? Or is it first come first serve? Any help would be appreciated :)[/QUOTE]

same question about the preorder bonus artbook :)
*edit*
saw this a few pages ago ....

Exclusive Pre-Order Bonus You'll receive two exclusive items when you pre-order the game for Xbox 360 or PS3:
• Aviatrix In-Game Skin: Dress Lara as a classic 1930s adventurer, bomber jacket and all.
• Tomb Raider: The Beginnings Comic Book: Written by Rhianna Pratchett with cover art by Tomb Raider Art Director Brian Horton. The Beginnings is a 48-page, six-part comic book that explains how the Endurance's ill-fated voyage came to be.
This special edition comic book brings together the cast and crew, including a budding young adventurer named Lara Croft, as they search for the Yamatai off Japan's East Coast.
Access code for skin included on packaging. Comic book packaged with game. While supplies last.

[quote name='StryderOmega']So I see that my 1000 points are now pending from DS3. Good to know! I won't get my hopes up, however.

Still a little miffed that the transaction for Crysis 3 pick up still didn't appear, but the 2 pre-orders I did that day did. I even tried the missing points thing, and it said that it has been posted to my account, so I will wait and see if it magically appears. (Probably not, just like my iPhone transaction last year.)

Really hope to not have to deal with e-mailing someone to fix it, since they talk in circles....[/QUOTE]

Good to see that some people are getting their 1000 points pending from DS3. I have hope in BB system so even thought I don't see it pending in my account, I'm going to wait it out and not complain. I am really glad that they clarified up the whole situation with the GC and RZ certificates; I paid all my preorders off with GC and RZ certificates.

[quote name='Grayfox43']Sorry if this has been answered already, but does this work for the PC version of these games?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='shurija']Good to see that some people are getting their 1000 points pending from DS3. I have hope in BB system so even thought I don't see it pending in my account, I'm going to wait it out and not complain. I am really glad that they clarified up the whole situation with the GC and RZ certificates; I paid all my preorders off with GC and RZ certificates.[/QUOTE]

I say that with a grain of salt however. I am sure they could possibly vanish tomorrow from pending status. So I will just wait like everyone else before I am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back