Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='StryderOmega']So I see that my 1000 points are now pending from DS3. Good to know! I won't get my hopes up, however.[/QUOTE]

Yep, my 1000 bonus points have been added to my pending points total as well. However, my DS3 transaction already cleared on my account so I'm hoping the pending points actually post soon so I can use the cert on Tomb Raider. If not then I'll use it on Infinite.

Awesome, I've got the 1000 points from DS3 pending, as well. Even if they "vanish", at least it's not like I picked up the preorder incorrectly.

I decided to pre-order Tomb Raider, and subsequently decided to sign-up for a GCU membership.

Would it be foolish of me to subscribe before March 1st rather than February 27th? Would my membership last through March 2014 or February 27th 2014 if I were to subscribe tomorrow?

Thanks, everyone!

[quote name='Kitoro']I decided to pre-order Tomb Raider, and subsequently decided to sign-up for a GCU membership.

Would it be foolish of me to subscribe before March 1st rather than February 27th? Would my membership last through March 2014 or February 27th 2014 if I were to subscribe tomorrow?

Thanks, everyone![/QUOTE]
It's set to end the exact same day or as close to it. So 2/27 of next year.

I don't understand why people jump the gun and hit the panic button so soon.

I've had transactions post late, but the points show up when they should all but once.

Must be because we are living in the "hey look at me! Notice me!" and/or the "now" generation.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I don't understand why people jump the gun and hit the panic button so soon.

I've had transactions post late, but the points show up when they should all but once.

Must be because we are living in the "hey look at me! Notice me!" and/or the "now" generation.[/QUOTE]

It has happened to me twice. The first one I had resolved by email. The other one I gave up on because the person was talking in circles and not giving me an answer.

Prolly shouldn't have given up, but whatever.

I read somewhere here that the $20 cert is working for CEs too? But when I'm on the pre-ordering page for GoW3, the regular edition has the $20 cert indicated, but not the CE. Should I just take a leap of faith? Thanks.

[quote name='godsmack13']According to the op, and numerous times in the thread, yes.[/QUOTE]
If you think anybody is reading 100+ pages in this thread then I don't know what to tell you.

whoo my Dead Space 3 points are now pending too whats weird instead of saying bonus it says Dead Space Limited Edition 1000 points.

Now if my Crysis 3 transaction would show up that would be great lol

[quote name='rcerboss']If you think anybody is reading 100+ pages in this thread then I don't know what to tell you.[/QUOTE]

The OP is not 100+ pages. Just stating the obvious.

By the way, my South Park Stick of Truth points are finally pending.

[quote name='lordopus99']The OP is not 100+ pages. Just stating the obvious.

By the way, my South Park Stick of Truth points are finally pending.[/QUOTE]

Really? How? The game doesn't even have a release date yet. Are you just talking about some kind of entry for the preorder?

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Just preordered tomb raider, hopefully my ds3 & tomb raider points come soon[/QUOTE]

I preordered last night also and today my DS3 points showed up. :)

To those of you who have pre-ordered online for in-store pickup does the transaction ever show up on your account before you pick up the game as a pre-order?

Anyone have any issue of not getting their $20 gift card? I picked up crysis 3 last week and still didn't get it. I called customer service and they said that because I paid for part of it with a reward certificate I do not get one. That can't be right?! Anyone experience this?

[quote name='sassygnome']Anyone have any issue of not getting their $20 gift card? I picked up crysis 3 last week and still didn't get it. I called customer service and they said that because I paid for part of it with a reward certificate I do not get one. That can't be right?! Anyone experience this?[/QUOTE]

Keep calling back till u get someone who isn't a retard lol

[quote name='sassygnome']Anyone have any issue of not getting their $20 gift card? I picked up crysis 3 last week and still didn't get it. I called customer service and they said that because I paid for part of it with a reward certificate I do not get one. That can't be right?! Anyone experience this?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if being sarcastic, but here is some info.

1, you will not get a $20 gift card. You will get 1000 points, IF you are GamesClub Unlocked and pre-ordered the game, and picked it up within 7 days of release.
2, IF you met all that criteria you will need to wait about 30 days or so for the 1000 points to s how up in your Rewards account. Your purchase should show up within a week or so, sometimes it is hit or miss, but you can add your missing purchase to your account via the RZ site and your receipt.
3, What they told you is wrong and I was the one who got to the bottom of the nonsense and got the proper people who work for Best Buy to address the issue.
4, Since making a thread on the official Best Buy forums that got some decent attention the official FAQ has been updated, it can be found here. Near the bottom of the first post this is there.
If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

How do i re-subscribe for gcu? I was told by a bb employee that I had to wait for my current sub to lapse, but im not sure if thats accurate. Can I re-subscribe online? Thanks.

[quote name='GarrettKapman']How do i re-subscribe for gcu? I was told by a bb employee that I had to wait for my current sub to lapse, but im not sure if thats accurate. Can I re-subscribe online? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I was about to ask the same question. How do one tell online if they are enrolled? I get the magazine so does that mean I am enrolled?

[quote name='GarrettKapman']How do i re-subscribe for gcu? I was told by a bb employee that I had to wait for my current sub to lapse, but im not sure if thats accurate. Can I re-subscribe online? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You can't subscribe online sadly. No, you do not need to wait till your current subscription expires. Just buy a new subscription using the same info that your old one is under and it will extend it.

[quote name='Methoes']I was about to ask the same question. How do one tell online if they are enrolled? I get the magazine so does that mean I am enrolled?[/QUOTE]

Log into your RZ account and on the right side it will say if you are a member and until when under your name.

I was told by a bb employee I had to reapply online, and found out I couldn't. You have to subscribe either in store or by calling 1-888-237-8289, so I went back to the store and went to customer service. They had no idea what they were doing either, but after about 20 minutes they figured it out and re upped my sub. The only problem was they signed me up for the digital subscription. Anyone know where/how I can get back on the paper magazines?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You can't subscribe online sadly. No, you do not need to wait till your current subscription expires. Just buy a new subscription using the same info that your old one is under and it will extend it.

Log into your RZ account and on the right side it will say if you are a member and until when under your name.[/QUOTE]

I just checked and my status said that "Premier Silver member through Feb 2014". So does that mean I'm in or not? Is Gamer Club Unlock have it's own status? What are people who have GCU status say?

[quote name='dabsac80']I was told by a bb employee I had to reapply online, and found out I couldn't. You have to subscribe either in store or by calling 1-888-237-8289, so I went back to the store and went to customer service. They had no idea what they were doing either, but after about 20 minutes they figured it out and re upped my sub. The only problem was they signed me up for the digital subscription. Anyone know where/how I can get back on the paper magazines?[/QUOTE]

They are phasing out paper magazines. All new subscriptions/renewals will now receive digital versions of the magazine.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']To those of you who have pre-ordered online for in-store pickup does the transaction ever show up on your account before you pick up the game as a pre-order?[/QUOTE]

What account are you referring to? I've got God of War and Bioshock preordered for in-store pickup and here's a few statuses:
In my Best Buy account purchase history, yes there is an order number with transaction.
In my reward zone account "points and purchases" history, there is currently nothing for either.
In my credit card account, there's a pending purchase for each the appears/disappears every few days.

Hope that helps!

Crap - I didn't even know my expired. BB should have send me a mail and told me this. Pissed right now!!! It's the only reason why I pre-order to get the $20.

Not sure about online preorders, but you should be ok for any of your existing instore preorders, as long as you resubscribe before you buy the game. If you wait till the day you pickup the instore preorder to resubscribe, I'm pretty sure the post on the BB forum (might be in op too) says to make sure the resub and pickup are on the same transaction.

Hopefully it expired after any games you've already picked up.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']What account are you referring to? I've got God of War and Bioshock preordered for in-store pickup and here's a few statuses:
In my Best Buy account purchase history, yes there is an order number with transaction.
In my reward zone account "points and purchases" history, there is currently nothing for either.
In my credit card account, there's a pending purchase for each the appears/disappears every few days.

Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

I was referring to my RWZ account, I pre-ordered God of War on the 15th and it hasn't shown up yet. I usually do all my pre-orders instore and they show up on my account prior to picking up the game, but I guess this is normal for online instore pickup orders. Thanks for the response. ;)

I was looking on the Fry's website and they have Tomb Raider available for pre order for $49.99. That is most likely the release day price. The new PM policy should be in effect but it should be ok since it's a day one PM.

[quote name='coopscohen']I was looking on the Fry's website and they have Tomb Raider available for pre order for $49.99. That is most likely the release day price. The new PM policy should be in effect but it should be ok since it's a day one PM.[/QUOTE]

Fry's has a tendency of doing this and then bumping the price up to $59.99 on launch day. It's essentially their pre-order special. I've seen that price point on the past couple releases only for it to go up on launch day.

[quote name='coopscohen']I was looking on the Fry's website and they have Tomb Raider available for pre order for $49.99. That is most likely the release day price. The new PM policy should be in effect but it should be ok since it's a day one PM.[/QUOTE]

Nice, hopefully the price stays, $30 essentially for Tomb Raider is nice.

That would be awesome if it stays current for release date. (We will see in next weeks ad).

Day 1 pm plus $20 RZC. Would definitely be amazing. Then I can happily purchase the game under the new PM policy.

[quote name='Hemi']My 1000 DS3 point's now showed up, but they appear as Dead Space 3 Limited - 1000... What??? That's just weird XD.[/QUOTE]

Technically all of the Dead Space 3's sold at launch were considered "Limited Edition". Should be "Limited Edition" printed on the cover of your game.

I got my Dead space points but my crysis 3 transaction is still not even showing up :(

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I don't understand why people jump the gun and hit the panic button so soon.

Must be because we are living in the "hey look at me! Notice me!" and/or the "now" generation.[/QUOTE]

people panic because bestbuy is known for screwing things up

Question, if you are silver, do you get a $20 cert, or do you get 1000 points added to your total that still banks?

I'm looking to join unlocked before Last of Us and then pre-order a shitload of the launch frame PS4 games later this year.

[quote name='Methoes']Crap - I didn't even know my expired. BB should have send me a mail and told me this. Pissed right now!!! It's the only reason why I pre-order to get the $20.[/QUOTE]
I got at least 2 emails warning me that my subscription would soon expire.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Question, if you are silver, do you get a $20 cert, or do you get 1000 points added to your total that still banks?

I'm looking to join unlocked before Last of Us and then pre-order a shitload of the launch frame PS4 games later this year.[/QUOTE]

I am banking points and just get 1000 points.

I keep getting a $162 charge on my bank account from BB. It was there when I first pre-ordered the Bioshock Infinite Songbird CE, then it went away. Now the $162 charge is back.

Do they normally do this?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']I keep getting a $162 charge on my bank account from BB. It was there when I first pre-ordered the Bioshock Infinite Songbird CE, then it went away. Now the $162 charge is back.

Do they normally do this?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back